PDA

View Full Version : ok Iam ready to go on a diet again

Sweetberries
10-09-2002, 09:26 PM
I want to lose at least 70 pounds but Iam not sure what kind of diet to go on I love my junk food!I have been thinking about the atkins diet but I don't know that much about it,if someone could give me a link of how the diet works and the types of food it consists of I would appriciate it,or if you are on a diet yourself right now please give me some pointers and suggestions and let me know how you are coming along.tia :)

babystar0729
10-09-2002, 09:41 PM
OH! ME< ME ME!!! I need to go on a diet too!! I need to lose at least 70 lbs too!! I have done the atkins diet before, but didnt make it long enough. You eat mostly protein in it. YOu can eat LOTS of fish, meat, chicken, turkey, cheese, and a few veggies but NO fruits.You can have lettuce, brocoli, cucumber tomato and more, but that is about it. Oh, you can eat eggs too. I like that diet cause you dont really have to measure food, and still have results right away, but I got tired of eating the same over and over. SOmeone here emailed me some links, I can forward you...

Maybe we can start a diet thread and help and support each other?

Sweetberries
10-09-2002, 11:33 PM
cool!thanks you can e-mail it to me at sweetberries@juno.com do the meats,fish and chicken have to be cooked a certain way,and can I eat as much as I want in one sitting?Iam thinking about starting a walking routine tomorrow morning about maybe 9am because it gets so hot and humid here in the afternoon.My goal is 121 hope I can do it,so lets get together and start up our own diet thread and give support to eachother.I would love to be your diet buddy.:D

mesue
10-10-2002, 06:43 AM
Can I join in to just went to the doctor yeaterday and found out I'd gained 18 pounds thats not to bad until You realize thats on top of the 55 pounds I'd already gained back so I'm in big trouble with the Doc and my poor old body is begging for help so are all my new clothes which are ripping at the seams.

Sweetberries
10-10-2002, 10:10 AM
:) :) mesue
I would love to have you join us,right now Iam at 191 but I want to get to 121.Iam big breasted:D so that alone adds alot of weight uggg!Iam not really sure what type of diet will work for me but Iam going to look into the atkins diet. babystar is suppose to forward it to me sometime soon.just let me know what you would like to do to help us all along,so glad to have you join us.:D

DeeGoofy
10-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Atkins is not exactly what everyone thinks.
There is plenty of variety if you choose it.
Atkins Center Offical Site (http://www****kinsCenter.com)
Here is a link to a great information and support board for Atkins & Other Low Carb Plans.Atkins Friends (http://www****kinsfriends.com)
I have been on Atkins for about 2 1/2 months and am a lb away from 20 lbs. It is an amazing transformation to your body. You lose more inches than lbs and it looks and feels great.
Its always best to go ahead and buy the book its about 7 bucks,but the website gives the induction plan and is a great way to start.
The biggest thing is counting your carbs. There is a great site fitday.com that will help you with that..
Good Luck & Enjoy...

jaybird
10-10-2002, 12:20 PM
No red meat (causes women to gain and retain weight in the midsection)

Low carbs

Low fat

Lots of fruits and veggies

30 minutes of walking (briskly) a day (or more)

4-6 small meals, instead of 2-3 large ones

Gallons and gallons of water

newwiccan
10-10-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
No red meat (causes women to gain and retain weight in the midsection)

Low carbs

Low fat

Lots of fruits and veggies

30 minutes of walking (briskly) a day (or more)

4-6 small meals, instead of 2-3 large ones

Gallons and gallons of water

Other than low carbs that's what I'm doing. I did cut back but I can't completely give them up. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

babystar0729
10-10-2002, 09:07 PM
It is very hard for me to stay away from carbs too!!!!

jaybird
10-10-2002, 09:14 PM
I posted this in a thread a few months ago:

I JUST read an article about Relora a couple weeks ago. Here is the 'meat' of the article, taken from the June 18th issue, page 14, of Woman's World, a weekly magazine.

Relora is becoming popular due to its use as a supplement to reverse "Metabolic Syndrome." Targets stomach 'fat.' Scientist James LaVelle is the author of 'Cracking the Metabolic Code.' For the past 8 or 10 years, he's specialized in treating thousands of people sufforing from a condition known as Metabolic Syndrome, which is often MISdiagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and even multiple sclerosis.

ANY woman whose waist measures more than 35" is probably suffering from Metabolic Syndrome, according to government researchers. To be officially diagnosed, you must also have at least two more of the following symptoms: high blood pressure, hig triglycerides, low levels of 'good' cholesterol and/or high blood sugar. Frequent thirst, and trips to the bathroom are signs your blood sugar is high. Other symptoms include fatigue, muscle aches, moodiness and bloating between meals. **((doesn't EVERY woman/mother suffer from these though???))**

Lickely causes of these symptoms are an overabundance of the hormones cortisol and insulin, which are triggered by stress and large amounts of sugar in our diets. When produced in excell, both hormones result in rapid fat storage--particularly in the abdominal area.

Metabolic Syndrome can be easily, quickly and miraculously treated, LaValle promises. And the treatment will also help prevent diabetes, heart attacks and strokes.

There is a 4 step formula that this includes"
1--The natural supplement Relora, a magnolia-philodendron extract--has the ability to reverse Metabolic Syndrome. In studies it has reduced cortisol, a stress hormone that primes us for physical exertion and lingers in the body unless exertion occurs. Short of working out, Relora is your best bet for controlling cortisol. When Relora was administered to Metabolic Syndrome sufferers, symptoms reversed and belly fat was shed.

2--Patients with Metabolic Syndrome were put on a 4 week diet that eliminated dairy, wheat and refined carbohydrates (including white rice and sugar). These patients experienced relief from MS, reduced body fat, stabilized blood sugar and plummetting blood pressure.

3--Something in red meat, perhaps hormones and antibiotics administered to cattle, specifically promotes the storage of abdominal fat. Studies show that women who eat more than seven servings of meat per week are 150% more likely to have excess abdominal fat than women who eat two or less servings a week.

4--Any exercise will reduce symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome, since exercise eliminates the stress hormone cortisol. But there is one type of exercise that provides extra doses of stress relief along with extraordinary tummy-flattening power. "Pilates."

((this issue also has a meal plan and workout program. It's probably too late to grab it on the newstands, but maybe a friend or relative has this issue laying around if you want to read it))

I'm not necessarily advocating Relora (although I did see it at Vitamin World, or an advertisement for it, and a 20 name waiting list for it) -- but the information and dietary plan in the article was excellent. IF I can find my issue, I'll repost it in its entirety.

eeigh33
10-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Ok, I want in on this diet thing as well..we can all be buddies. Emal me for any links you might have and I can email the links I have saved....I need to lose a lot!!!!!!! I can do it. I do not eat that poorly. I am a big salad eater. I just need motivation for excercise and portion control. It does not matter that I eat salads if I eat enough for a million people! Anyway..

eeigh33@hotmail.com

I used to be a vegetarian and only weighed 120 pounds...but living in KC and the fact that my husband BBQ's a lot and then the darn football paries, I started eating meat. Well, maybe it is coincidence, but I have gained weight steadily since then. I have gained 14 pounds in the last year, I know from my doctor's charts. That may not seem like a whole lot, but I am not mentioning what I have gained prior to this year in question. So, in summary, I NEED some help to rid myself of the fluffiness...

jaybird
10-10-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by eeigh33
It does not matter that I eat salads if I eat enough for a million people!
Exactly! And fat-free foods doesn't mean we can eat an entire half gallon of ice cream or bag of chips. There are still CALORIES in those foods, and it's the calories that put the weight on.

After we see how many people are interested in the diet thread, maybe we can match up 'buddies.' Or better yet, maybe it will be good just to have open discussion and everyone's support! So when I'm ready to polish off that pint of Edy's ice cream and my body buddy isn't online or available, someone else can knock the spoon out of my hand!

eeigh33
10-10-2002, 09:23 PM
I am with you Jaybird! An open forum, buddies or both is a great idea. I am lucky that I do not care for sweets, but oh man potatoes and dairy have me for sure!