PDA

View Full Version : arghhh going from cable to dsl and of course got ?'s

kelblend
10-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Okay they just said that yahoo is the router that I will go through. This is from my phone company. The ending to my email addy will then be sbcamertech.yahoo.globalservice.net or com or something or other. Anyone have this, will I be sorry we are getting this??

also does anyone remember or know of a site that forwards email to your new email??? You know all the junk I will have to change??/ geeze did this once before and it sucked lololololol

helllllp meeee easssse myyyyy mind lolololol

kelblend
10-08-2002, 02:57 PM
anyone????

captorquewrench
10-08-2002, 02:58 PM
we use this as our backup service here at work. not too bad, are you getting the yahoo/sbc deal?

kelblend
10-08-2002, 02:59 PM
yep it's only $29.99 a month for a 12 mo contract and we are paying $45 a mo right now for road runner. Soooo it's the yahoo part that threw me. I just didn't know if it stunk or what before I switched.

captorquewrench
10-08-2002, 03:03 PM
so much of the backbone is tiered so deep and service subcontracted on DSL...MCI worldcom had probs last week and it affected 20% of all DSL users nationwide who don't even use them...(like us) it downed some of of our sbc/yahoo & macleod access, but not the sbc access my workstations is connected thru.

the yahoo/sbc global is a pretty good deal, but installation wasn't as easy as our other two. it still wasn't hard.

mother-of2
10-08-2002, 04:33 PM
I just got the sbc yahoo deal and then changed to at&t broadband because i could never get on with the dsl. it was slow, and i personally did not like it. i hope you like it and read your contract because if it is for a 3 month period for 29.99, they can and WILL raise the rate. Good LUck

kelblend
10-08-2002, 08:13 PM
It's supposed to be a 12 month deal. I asked if it was that much faster than cable and she said that it depended how far I was from the central office and I said I didn't know where that was and she said she didn't either:confused: but that the initial line test was a go and that if the final line test found an interruption or was just a tad too far from the office they would notify me and then cancel it all. I'm getting jittery about it now. hmmmmmmm

MySweetLord
10-09-2002, 03:54 AM
??also does anyone remember or know of a site that forwards email to your new email??? You know all the junk I will have to change??/ :confused:

http://www.veripost.net/

Give friends, relatives and business associates a way to find you after a change of e-mail address.

Return Path helps you stay in touch with your e-mail subscriptions and favorite web sites after you change your e-mail address.

You decide who will receive your new e-mail address.

I always see this pop up over at blink-maybe if u belong there & use it u can get some points

hth

kelblend
10-09-2002, 04:44 AM
Thanks MySweetLord, but I think I misunderstood exactly what they do and yep that was the site I was thinking of. Basically people have to go there and enter your last known addy. I wish there was a place that forwarded your email though, that would be cool.

The Return Path service does not forward mail; it requires your permission before providing your current e-mail address to friends, family, business associates or online subscriptions in search of your current e-mail address. For more information, visit :D

MySweetLord
10-09-2002, 07:27 AM
go to your favorite search & type in mail forwarding

just glacing at tons of them-looks like there is a one time chg

worth researching

http://www.re-route.com/

I don't envy u!!

MySweetLord
10-14-2002, 03:45 AM
bumping 2 c if u found one

I will be needing this soon also so I'm interested in your comments :)

chort1313
10-14-2002, 06:34 AM
ugh,.. I dunno about this cable to dsl!!! I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I can't be slowed down!!! good luck kelblend!! let us know how it goes!!! :D :D

kelblend
10-14-2002, 07:56 AM
We cancelled at the very last minute.:D :) :D

chort1313
10-14-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by kelblend
We cancelled at the very last minute.:D :) :D

Okie, there's my answer!!! :D

PrncsNYC
10-14-2002, 10:20 AM
well, we were going to change from aol dal to the sbc thing until we heard yahoo was involved. BF says it will take over the computer. Also, someone else posted in another thread that you are not "always on" with the sbc yahoo thing. That is very frustrtating bc that is how aol is. You have to sign in every time....

I miss roadrunner but we can't get it where me moved to