PDA

View Full Version : I am quitting smoking...

erniemarie
10-01-2002, 07:36 AM
and need some advice. I have not had a cigarrette since 1 pm yesterday. I finally decided to quit. BUT here is my problem. How do I do this without putting everypiece of food I see in my mouth and putting the weight I have lost back on??? I have been pretty good about not eating a lot so far but I keep wanting to eat stuff everytime I start craving a cigarette. HELP

mesue
10-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Get some hard candy you can find diet and just pop a piece of it in your mouth it will help and if necessary get your doctor to prescribe the nicotine gum, you may be able to buy it without a prescription, you may gain a few pounds back but don't worry once your body adjust to not smoking and your lungs start working better you will get a whole lot more energy and will burn off those few pounds you may have gained quitting smoking, when I quit that was my big worry but after a few months I weighed less than I did before I quit and had tons of energy. But just because some people gain when they quit smoking does not mean you will keep yourself busy as much as possible and you will be more content while you quit smoking and will burn off those extra calories. Good Luck, there is a thread here of folks who have quit or are quiting you might look for it or if someone knows how to send it to you it will help a lot.

mrs.john
10-01-2002, 08:07 AM
Good luck! You're a stronger person than I am. I really need to do it too.

erniemarie
10-01-2002, 08:26 AM
thanks guys, I am going to try to find some hard candy and start taking it with me whenever I go somewhere, maybe that will help