PDA

View Full Version : Something Wonderful

moocher
09-30-2002, 06:14 PM
OK here's my first contribution!

I found this site about 4 years ago and wanted to use one of the fantastic pic's as my screen saver. I e-mailed the owner for permission and found out what a terrific person he is. I just love his work-it reminds me of victorian mixed with new age!

http://www.somethingwonderful.com/about.html

What is this site about?

This site is about me. It's about me in a good mood. It's about the artistic me. It's about making people go "wow! that's cool!" It's about ego and pride and a little bit of arrogance too, I suppose. But it's mostly about making people happy; making you happy. Yes. You. That's right. You reading this right now. I want to make you happy, darnit. :)

SomethingWonderful evolved from many stages of my artwork, and will keep evolving over the years - yea even unto the times when we all will wear silver suits and ray guns and own jet packs and live in a 3D virtual world. Yes, even then (I hope) SomethingWonderful will be around to make people smile. Of course, that is all happening on the stroke of midnight 01.01.00 when you either believe that doomsday is gonna hit, all the computers of the world are gonna click off and the nukes will blow up in response as planes dive down haplessly towards the earth. Or, you might be one of those that believe that the moment the clock strikes, we'll all be living like the Jetsons and will reach a higher level of Utopia never seen before.

Either way, I still plan for this site to be around.

Having reached 5000 subscribers, I find it a great idea to remodel again for potential new viewers.

This site began as a mock company I created to learn how to create a company web site. I decided to "market" my pictures. People liked it, friends thought it was a great name, and the design was pretty cool (hey..it was '97 - minimalist was cool back then :) ). After that, it went through some changes, more pictures and updates, a spinoff for the 'bad me' where I can rant and rave and not sully the happy-go-lucky karma of this site, and then finally it evolved into a presentation of me and my 3D artwork. That's what my subscribers come here to see. :)

So, if you don't understand something on here, that's okay - you don't have to. If you want to ask me a question, just email me. I answer all my email - in time. :)

Anything else you want to know? I can't think of what is left I haven't explained here or in other sections. Feel free to browse around. :)

- Traveling Uncle Nat. :)

unicorn9149
09-30-2002, 07:02 PM
What a great site. Bookmarked this so I can go back at my leisure. Thank you.

moocher
10-01-2002, 04:47 AM
your welcome!

I think i posted this in the wrong place some how! I was trying to add it to another thread!! I'll have to try and see what I did! LOL

chort1313
10-01-2002, 05:32 AM
thanks moocher! Now I have something to do today!! That site is way cool! Lots of things to check out there!

moocher
10-01-2002, 07:56 PM
You're very welcome!!! I love that site!

I have a new one too, if you're

interested......http://www.searchsystems.net/

This site can keep you occupied for days-if you're nosey that is!! And I can be! You can find all kinds of information about people you know, used to know or are going to know! lol