PDA

View Full Version : For you BBS'ers who want to talk to your out of state friends practically free.......

Sunee
09-28-2002, 09:45 PM
I saw in the thread "dont you wish" that some of you wish you could talk to your bbs friends but the long distance is to expensive. I found a plan that eliminates your long distance :D. I got a plan through MCI last month called "The Neighborhood". It only costs $50 a month. For $50 a month you get unlimited local calls (they'll be your local carrier) and unlimited long distance anywhere in the United States. Plus you get these features free:

three-way calling
call waiting
speed dial
voice mail
caller id with name & number
call waiting caller id
anonymous call rejection

If you start your service now they give you your second month free. I just got my first bill (I got a certificate with it to have next month free) and Ive talked to some bbs'ers for hours at a time everyday and my bill was only $50 so I know it works. I was worried because on their website it says that if you use dial up you can only be on the computer 5000 minutes a month and if you go over that you get a surcharge. Well I called and thats only if you use MCI as your carrier so it doesnt apply if you have a different isp. MCI will probably wish that I never got this plan :p. They will switch you over to them at no charge. There is no setup fees either. Here's their customer service number if your interested.........1-888-624-5622 or their website addy is www.TheNeighborhood.com/service

Im loving mine :D

Kyla Kym
09-28-2002, 09:59 PM
Thanks for letting us know about it Sunee
thats a great deal.
Wish it was in my area :rolleyes: :( I went ahead and put myself on their waiting list to be notified when I can get it.
Page to check to see if it is in your area yet (http://www.theneighborhood.com/res_local_service/jsps/default.jsp)

Sunee
09-28-2002, 10:20 PM
(((((((((((Kyla)))))))))))))) yw :). My regular phone bill was $120 a month. I was paying for local service, a long distance plan and a metro line ($70) a month so I could talk to my family. This plan saved me $70 a month. I hope you get it in your area really soon :). Email me your # and I can call you and talk as long as we want :D. Hugs

anarmywife
09-29-2002, 08:50 AM
this sounds too good to be true!!!! Everyone i talk to is in Oregon, and im here in texas so I have lots of long distance- Well im currently between phone companys, since sprint decided to royally screw me, so im going to check this out!

Sunee
09-29-2002, 09:06 AM
I thought the same thing too army lol. But when I got my first bill I found out its a legit plan. My friends and family I told about it said they wouldnt sign up until they knew I got my first bill and it was only for $50 lol.

angelinwaiting
09-29-2002, 09:37 AM
This sounds too good to be true...if only it was available in my area:( :(

Thanks sunee for sharing though;)

nanajoanie
09-29-2002, 10:05 AM
On our inhouse phone for long distance I just dialed 10-10-811 then 1-area code-phone number. It's only 5 cents a minute anytime, day, night, holiday, weekends. But now we also have a Nokia cellphone with Cricket. It's $44.85 a month, caller ID, call waiting, 3 way call, 500 mintues free long distance per month, voice mail. I love it. Check it out.

Sunee
09-29-2002, 07:08 PM
yw angelinwaiting :) I wish it was available in your area :(. Maybe it will be soon. You can be put on a waiting list so when it does come to your area they will call you.

Thats a good plan too Nana but the MCI is awesome for me because ALL of my family and ALL of my friends either live in another town (which is long distance) or out of state. So for me to able to talk to them unlimited minutes for the $30 part of the bill is too good to pass up. The $20 is for unlimited local calling which is less then what SWB was charging me for local calling.

Kyla Kym
09-29-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Sunee
(((((((((((Kyla)))))))))))))) yw :). My regular phone bill was $120 a month. I was paying for local service, a long distance plan and a metro line ($70) a month so I could talk to my family. This plan saved me $70 a month. I hope you get it in your area really soon :). Email me your # and I can call you and talk as long as we want :D. Hugs
Hi, {{{{{{{ Sunee gal }}}}}}} I would love that. Will e-mail you my number in a bit. :-):D