PDA

View Full Version : okay so who has started

smeans
09-23-2002, 06:13 AM
their christmas shopping?????? i know im not the only one;) :p :eek: :cool:

i havent really started the kids or hubbys yet. but ive got my sisters done,my sil's done,my niece,my nephew,my grandma,part of my bil's,mom's,dad's,and a few other little things here and there. bigbig thanks to the fsot forum.:rolleyes: ;) :D lol Ten dollars says ill still be out the last week b4 christmas still hunting things down. lol
:rolleyes:

what about you guys???? got any shopping done yet???

chort1313
09-23-2002, 06:17 AM
I started last year!!! I have my SIL done! And my nephews are started!

Tasha405
09-23-2002, 06:21 AM
I haven't started yet and its really starting to stress me out! I had my kids shopping done in Oct. of last year, its not looking that way this year. Maybe by the end of Nov. I will be done. :rolleyes: I HOPE!:)

Lasher
09-23-2002, 06:38 AM
I'll start around Dec 24th 6pm:rolleyes:

Mom2jal
09-23-2002, 06:47 AM
I'll be shopping with Lash this year. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

erniemarie
09-23-2002, 06:48 AM
what you mean I'm supposed to start early??? but then I don't get to participate in the christmas eve triathalon

ksjayhawkfan
09-23-2002, 06:53 AM
Im gonna say this and run before I get smacked lol...Im DONE. and Im done with both the kids bdays(dec.4 and dec.31):D :eek: :p

Tasha405
09-23-2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by ksjayhawkfan
Im gonna say this and run before I get smacked lol...Im DONE. and Im done with both the kids bdays(dec.4 and dec.31):D :eek: :p All I can say is..:p must be nice! I am so jealous! lol

smeans
09-23-2002, 06:59 AM
ksjayhawkfan--youre done?????????SMACK SMACK SMACK!!!

erniemarie-- i hate the triatholons. but of course im sure ill still be out getting stuff then:rolleyes: kinda like the after thanksgiving sales. gosh those are crazy!!!!!

mom,lash,--december 24th at 6:00???? cuttin it a little close arent ya? lol

tasha--i think im doing good but when it comes to the kids stuff i start stressing. cuz thats where the big shopping trips and moolah come into play:rolleyes: :eek:

chort--i thought i started early!!:D

Dolly<3
09-23-2002, 07:02 AM
If I start shopping now, everyone will get their gifts about a week later b/c that's as long as I'll be able to wait to give them out. :) So I have to wait until at LEAST 2 weeks before. *sigh*

MommyG3
09-23-2002, 07:03 AM
I have not started and don't know if I will be able to do much. :(

I usually do most of mine with income tax $$$ but I didn't have enough to do it because the ex quit his job and I knew we would need the extra $$$ for the kiddos.

smeans
09-23-2002, 07:13 AM
(((((((MommyG3))))))

check out the fsot forum and ebay. i have saved soooo much going those routes.;) and it works out good cuz i actually can get people MORE doing it that way then if i had went to the store and spent the same amount of money. as for the income taxes i know what you mean. but i never get em back til february. so im always dead broke from christmas on but come february im doing great. tee hee this will be good this year though cuz im going to talladega so hopefully ill have my taxes back before then.(keeping my fingers crossed)

i think from here til the end of the year is harder on everybody. (at least for me it is) ive gotta go buy the kids their winter wardrobes and coats,new shoes etc. then of course my hubbys birthdayis coming,then my sisters then my brother in laws,then my daughters birthday then christmas plus my huge gas bills are fixin to start. sigh.......

Angelseyes28
09-23-2002, 07:33 AM
Well I have to admit that I am pretty much done with my shopping except for whatever goodies I might buy at the after thanksgiving sales:D As far as my kids go i got lucky with amazon this year...started getting their xmas presents back in July:eek:

SueShopper
09-23-2002, 08:28 AM
I'm finished with people at my work. I usually get them something..nothing major but a little something nice. This year I can't wait to give out my presents. I'm re-creating something that I've seen at a local store that's really expensive. (that's all I'll say)I have about 7 made now and I want to keep them all hehe

I don't have a large family, so it'll be easy to do the rest of my shopping.
Which I plan on having done before the end of November.
My company's annual booksale is at the beginning of December, and I can find great books to give out as gifts at a very reasonable price.

Widgetsx3
09-23-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by ksjayhawkfan
Im gonna say this and run before I get smacked lol...Im DONE. and Im done with both the kids bdays(dec.4 and dec.31):D :eek: :p
Hey Dec. 4th is my B-day too...Great day!

I started my shopping the day after Christmas last year. I shop thru-out the year, and just put a coat on lay-a-way for DD at Wally World. I do most of my shopping the day after Thanksgiving. It is a tradition with my best friend for the last 9 yrs...get up at 4:00 am, hit the first store at 5:00, shop with the rest of the crazies til 11:00, then have "breakfast" at the bar....

cinnamon-butter
09-23-2002, 01:43 PM
I've bought a few small gifts so far. Like many people my budget is very tight this year and i don't have a lot of extra money to spend on gifts this year.