PDA

View Full Version : Im off for a fun filled afternoon...

captorquewrench
09-20-2002, 11:25 AM
of parent-teacher conferences!

wish me luck!

Widgetsx3
09-20-2002, 11:32 AM
Fun fun fun! Good luck Capt. Hope the kids are behaving in class...I met with DD's teacher Wednesday...so far so good.

~MK~
09-20-2002, 12:03 PM
I got a conference this morning. Let's see..Quent refuses to stop talking during class..surprise surprise.

AND..

They were supposed to go on a field trip today to his teacher's house to pick carrots because they are learning about the color orange. Hubby and I were talking about it and I jokingly said she probably just wanted someone to pick her carrots so she didn't have to. Well MOUTH goes in and tells her "since it's raining today I guess you will have to not be so lazy and pick your own carrots."

I could have died.

sadie01
09-20-2002, 01:55 PM
OH NO MK!!! THAT'S TOO FUNNY, SORRY, IT IS ;)

CAPT, I DOUBT YOU'LL GET ANY BAD NEWS:p YOU CHILDREN ARE ANGELS

Widgetsx3
09-20-2002, 03:21 PM
How'd the conferences go Capt?

flute
09-20-2002, 03:45 PM
As a future teacher I'm eager to hear too, you know a teacher's first contact should NEVER be at this parent-teacher conference. A teacher should call you before hand or send a postcard out to the students before class...that's supposed to make any "bad news" the teacher my have to say about your child better....

tell me did you feel comfortable at the conference? tips for me? tricks? ideas? :)

miccit
09-20-2002, 04:15 PM
Our conferences are in November, but we have Open House on Tuesday.

Our kindergarten teacher sends her students and their families on a scavenger hunt through the school. This gets them oriented with the school and it is a lot of fun for them.

captorquewrench
09-20-2002, 04:23 PM
flute, parent/teacheris NEVER the first contact in our distict. our district have a system that basically forces parents to be involved. not going into details, but i love it. usually you meet the teacher quite some time before school even starts, or at least get to talk at length on the phone. this year weve met the teachers numerous times at meet the teacher night, curriculum night, open house, and PTO meetings already. this is just a formal one-on-one relating directly to your child's progress and some standardized beginning of the year testing.

of course it went great! It's just that sometimes they tend to run behind (one of our teachers was today), and i had a big gap in scheduling, and had to miss half a day at work when this makes day 2 that my programmer's been out.

The reports were fine and all news was good. :D