PDA

View Full Version : Illinois leads nation!

jaybird
09-15-2002, 07:37 PM
in West Nile cases and deaths. :eek:
358 CONFIRMED cases and 16 deaths.

YIKES! I'm VERY glad those pesty critters won't bite me!

To check your state's statistics:
http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/wncount.htm

peaceangle
09-15-2002, 07:39 PM
why won't they bite you?? What's your secret?

jaybird
09-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Not real sure. I haven't been bitten by a mosquito since I was 5 or 6 years old. Seriously. And I'm 49. They don't bite my dot either. Sarah hasn't been bitten in years. The ONLY thing I think it is stems from when we were kids and used to camp every weekend with my parents. Our pediatrician told my mom if we took vitamin B1 or B12 (I don't remember any more which it was, and neither does Mom) that the mosquitos wouldn't bite us. And we did, and they didn't. I've taken B-Complex vitamins since I was 18 or so, and Sarah has taken B-Complex for 4 or 5 years (she's 22) and the pests do not bite either one of us. They swarm around my husband and bite him like mad (even with Off on), and it drives him crazy. They'll fly towards me and almost do a complete U-turn mid-air. They don't even land on me.

B vitamins are the only thing I can attribute it to. And I don't know which B, but I do know that the B-Complex I take is heavy in all b vitamins.

Weird hey?

Either that or I taste reallllllllllllly bad!

peaceangle
09-15-2002, 07:55 PM
I think I'll try that! They didn't used to bite me either, but the last few years they have been, and I used to take B vitamins. Guess I'll check with the dr. tomorrow to see if it's ok to take them. I see him tomorrow to start some new drugs for my newly diagnosised Rheumatoid Arthritis. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to take them but I'll make sure.
Thanks for the idea!
Wouldn't it be something to have lived through so many things and then be done in by a skeeter??!

jaybird
09-15-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by peaceangle

Wouldn't it be something to have lived through so many things and then be done in by a skeeter??!
Ain't that the truth!!!???

flute
09-16-2002, 12:14 AM
yup 2 deaths in MO that's what I'd last heard...btw: are those IL cases WAYYY out in eastern IL like maybe uhmm chi? Lol i hope I hope :eek::eek:

smeans
09-16-2002, 05:41 AM
:( theyve confirmed west nile here in our county. havent heard of any people here with it but theyve found it in several birds.

NIGHTOWL4
09-16-2002, 07:49 AM
It was positively identified in my county
last week...no deaths yet though.....It's a
pretty sure bet that it'll happen.

chort1313
09-16-2002, 08:13 AM
they just sprayed in c'ville for them.. It stunk, but works!:rolleyes: