PDA

View Full Version : neon info??

unicorn6240
08-29-2002, 12:12 AM
:confused:
hey, i am looking into getting another car soon...
i am intersted in a "used" dodge neon....
does anyone out there own one?
how is it for you?
any recomendations (or not?)
any problems i should know about?

{----/-\----}
|-(O)|-|(O)-|

denisemm
08-29-2002, 02:01 AM
Well, I drove one for about a month. I LOVED it. But I only had t for a month, so its not like I have a lot to tell you. I put 2500 miles on it in that month, though. My only input would be to NOT get a 4 cylendar (sp?), because that's what I had & it sucked going up big hills!! Personally, if I could get another car that size, I would get another one, I liked it that much. But it was only a month, maybe the next month it would have started falling apart. I'm not much help am I? LOL! Well, maybe someone else can tell you more! Good luck!

Syrinx
08-29-2002, 05:03 AM
I have a '95 Neon that I got new, it has almost 60,000 miles on it now and still runs great. All along, my dad was good about reminding me to get the routine maintenance done, which I know has helped. The most expensive repair I've had to have done was damage to the steering column after some jerk tried to steal it. And for a relatively small car, you can fit a lot of stuff into it- I got almost all my stuff to and from college in it (I couldn't see out the back window... but almost everything fit!).

The only problem I've had with it is that the brakes sound awful when the weather's damp. They squeal, but they work fine. Mine is from the first year they made them, so hopefully they've fixed that by now!

I've heard of other people having problems with Neons, but I can't complain about mine.

toriamos44
08-29-2002, 05:19 AM
My husband had a '95 Neon when I met him. His mom had bought it brand new and sold it to him when she got a new car. So we had that for a few years. And we just got a 2002 Neon SXT a few months ago. We've never had any problems with Neons. I think they're very easy to drive, very nice looking. The only thing I don't like is that the seats on some of the Neon's aren't the most comfortable, and the backseat room isn't the best with a carseat. Other than that, they're very nice cars.

ksjayhawkfan
08-29-2002, 07:01 AM
I hated my Neon. We had trouble with the POS from the second week we had it until the day we sold it. Maybe the new ones are better or maybe we just got a lemon but I would suggest you get a good mechanic to check it out before you buy it. We bought ours used and it was a first year 1995. Im sure theyve gotten better but please be careful:)

need4free
08-29-2002, 07:40 AM
Being someone who works in the automobile industry......IE, I build cars! LOL.........I would always recommend having a used vehicle checked by a qualified mechanic before buying AND when buying a new vehicle NEVER buy the first model year, that is the year when all the bugs get worked out! LMAO That is due to engineers :rolleyes:

Yes, we have a Dodge Neon RT, great car! ;) ;) ;) Thanks for considering purchasing a vehicle built by the UAW Local 1268!!!!! :D :p ;) Made in AMERICA is #1

Tasha405
08-29-2002, 07:45 AM
We had a 99 Neon that had 90 some thousand miles on it and we just traded it for a 2002 Neon SXT a few months ago. We like them. They are good little cars. My only gripe is that the trunk isn't really big. LOL Other than that, ours have been great.:)

unicorn6240
08-30-2002, 10:12 AM
;) :cool: thanks for your replys, i am looking around at some different ones. have made no decisins yet but soon...:p