PDA

View Full Version : My Yesterday Vent & Neener

trufflez
08-20-2002, 06:21 AM
I woke up yesterday and always go on line. When it dialed I didn't get that normal squeel but I could tell it was talking. So I called the number "Welcome to the Iowa***** collection office. Our hours are blah, blah, blah call back later. I did and was on hold for 45 minutes and when the operator got on, I got disconnected. Called again and was on hold for about 19 min. My husband had paid the bill, was suppose to send Western Union but wanted to save the 12.95 and sent it through the telephone company terminal for free. W.U. is immediate the terminal isn't. They had no record but took the confirmation # from my receipt and told me I would be reconnected. I was finally reconnected at 5 p.m. Then I went to my kitchen to get some water. Spike, my karin terrior peed right where I stand. It stormed the night before and he refuse to go out. I cleaned that up got dressed, went to put my sandles on to leave and my cat peed in them. She is the only one that does that occasionally and shes being treated for URI and goes wherever she can make it to if she can't reach her box. Leather sandles, which will take seceral days to dry!

That was my vent!
Now my neener. At a few garage sales over a week ago, I purchased a Star Trek ship for $2.00 and at another sale I saw a 1929 Girl Scout Camp Cookbook which had no price. I was purchasing other items and asked the price to the book and the elderly lady said I could have it for nothin. This book was in excellent condition. I put them on E-Bay. I am dense when it comes to Star Wars/Star Trek. In my ad I put that it was Star Wars and I had no idea about the ship and started it out low. When people started emailing me asking me to stop the auction early and sell it to them for $20, 30. 40 bucks, I did some investigating. Found out it was a rare Star Trek vehicle. I sold it last night for $71.00. No box. No instructions. Just the vehicle. By the way, the night before the Girl Scout book went for $36.00.
A great ending to a sucky day : )