PDA

View Full Version : Here, JayB

Mr. Annoying
08-17-2002, 08:36 PM
First off, I need to know what Burner software you have.

jaybird
08-17-2002, 08:38 PM
They're going to lock this thread because it's posted to a specific person. But I have Easy CD Creator 4...it came with the computer.

jaybird
08-17-2002, 08:39 PM
And both Kazaa and Bearshare put a 'folder' on my desktop, and the d/l music goes directly into those folders. So I just drag and drop them to the cd creator thingy and click on 'create cd.' But it doesn't.

Mr. Annoying
08-17-2002, 08:48 PM
No it's not! By JayB, I mean everyone!

But you need a MP3 encoder. Here's a good one: http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2169-6134988.html?tag=lst-0-1 Install that, and I'll tell you where to go from there.

jaybird
08-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Annoying
No it's not! By JayB, I mean everyone!

But you need a MP3 encoder. Here's a good one: http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2169-6134988.html?tag=lst-0-1 Install that, and I'll tell you where to go from there.
WHAT is that and what does it do? My son d/l's tons of music using an external burner. I know he didn't d/l an encoder. I can't just drag and drop them? Grrrrrr.

Mr. Annoying
08-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Are you trying to use the same burner?

jaybird
08-17-2002, 09:08 PM
I'm using the burner that is in my computer, came with the system.

I'm illiterate when it comes to this bloody machines.

Mr. Annoying
08-17-2002, 09:12 PM
O.k., then you do need the decoder. His burner probably has built-in software that does it automatically. But to listen to the song on a normal cd player, you have to decode it to a .WAV file.

jaybird
08-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Okay. Is this all complicated, or is it something I'm going to be able to do? It saved all the d/l's as winamp files.

Wimzik
08-17-2002, 09:26 PM
I have easy cd creator 4, came with my computer too, but I have no problems creating cds. what is the error message that you get?

jaybird
08-17-2002, 09:28 PM
Something about not recognizing the files when it starts to burn them.

Jolie Rouge
08-17-2002, 09:32 PM
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

ice-ice-baby

I see *he* didn't make your "list" ....

jaybird
08-17-2002, 09:34 PM
OUCH! I've been pounced.

You're on my short list you booboohead! ((I'm STILL trying to figure out those pics of your kids so I can get them posted here!))

Jolie Rouge
08-17-2002, 09:38 PM
well ,I didn't understand most of the on-going conversation so I HAD to do something...

jaybird
08-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Don't feel alone Jolie, I don't understand the convo either! I need to re-burn that cd for you. Was it Appa. Journey? I forget. I REALLY want to burn The Lost Bayou Boys for you, but since the band's from Baton Rouge, I feel sort of bad pirating those poor kids' music, you know? I love their stuff though. If you ever see or hear of them playing in BR, try to go hear them. Gram is from BR.

jaybird
08-17-2002, 09:50 PM
GAH. Robbieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I d/l that encoder. Added the songs I wanted to decode. But I don't know where it's saving them, the output folder!!! :eek:

jaybird
08-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Nevermind, it saved them right back into the folder they came out of!
WHEW. Now I can drag and drop them to the cd creator and burn?

Wimzik
08-17-2002, 09:58 PM
If you go to the cd creator help menu and in the search box type in 'error messages' it will bring up a list of things and if you click on them it will show different error messages, and how to fix it, but you kind of need to know exactly what the error message is that you are getting, The closest I found was this one:

thTrackWriter error - File read failed
Reason for receiving this message:
The trackwriter reported an error while reading the data from the source files. If you are recording data, make sure that all of the files in your CD layout are available (you can select Validate Layout under the File menu). There might also be a problem with the drive that is storing the temporary cache files.

What to do:
Select Validate Layout from the File menu to verify the contents of your CD layout.

Use ScanDisk on the drive that contains the temporary folders.

Create a new CD layout.

Or just do what Robbie said, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about!

jaybird
08-18-2002, 10:46 AM
Okay, I converted all my downloaded music to .wav files. I burned 2 cds just fine. But when I tried to burn the 3rd one, I got the blasted error message again, giving me the option to retry or skip the track. It burned the first 3, then the last 14 wouldn't burn.

GRRRRRRRRR.

By the way Robbieeeeeeeeeeeeeee, that decoder thingy is painless to use! Thanks.

Mr. Annoying
08-18-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jaybird
Okay, I converted all my downloaded music to .wav files. I burned 2 cds just fine. But when I tried to burn the 3rd one, I got the blasted error message again, giving me the option to retry or skip the track. It burned the first 3, then the last 14 wouldn't burn.

GRRRRRRRRR.

By the way Robbieeeeeeeeeeeeeee, that decoder thingy is painless to use! Thanks.

Told ya. as for the error message..I don't know. Instead of trying to drag them to EZ CD, try using the creation wizard. It's fairly simple.