PDA

View Full Version : POLL : Would you pay $1 for Domino's to deliver your pizza?

Jolie Rouge
08-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Yes, it's only a buck 28%

Yes, but I won't tip 27%

No, I want free delivery

no - I'll just keep ordering Papa Johns ....

ajksmom
08-11-2002, 09:56 PM
I would but only cause we live 18 miles away!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Actually probably not because the last time that we got them there we got home (yep 18 miles away) and they were burnt. I called them and they pretty much accused me of being crazy and wanted me to drive them back over there. That's the last time we ordered from the.:(

denisemm
08-11-2002, 10:53 PM
I guess I'm in the yes, its only a buck category. I still think it sucks, though.

THe delivery people are really going to get screwed because of this, because they don't get the $1, but people are going to take it out of thier tip because they will think either they get that $1, or they will think they don't need to tip because the delivery fee is instead of the tip, or something like that.

Shann
08-11-2002, 10:57 PM
What?!?!? I must have missed something.. did Dominos start charging for delivery???

Really, around here it's just faster to go pick it up than have it delivered, plus we are not too far.. and if i want delivery, Papa John's will be the one i call ;) :p

NIGHTOWL4
08-11-2002, 10:57 PM
Nope.
Sorry,not me.

eeigh33
08-11-2002, 11:11 PM
No..I do not order domino's anyway...I do not like them...I get Rosatti's....they have Chicago style pizza...now they do chare a buck or so for delivery and they are a bit pricey...but believe me they are worth every penny....However, they are not that far from me so the other day I did just go by and pick it up. Oh, I love that stuffed pie!!!!!!!

Queensown
08-11-2002, 11:29 PM
I certainly would... Only pizza place we have here in town is Pizza Hut and it is TERRIBLE! Last week we ordered a pizza, they said it would be there in 30 mins, an hour later we called them, and they said... Oh! Yeah, we messed up on your order and since it had been so long we figured you wouldn't want it anymore. (They weren't even going to tell me???) So I told them that I DID want it, but not anymore... So we got out butts off the couch and went out for dinner instead.

KYgirl
08-12-2002, 04:18 AM
Yeah I would since they are a big distance from :(
and Pizza Hut don't deliver here

But we have a New resturant here that does Pizza and Tacos
I live not 5 mins WALKING Distance and they charge $1 to deliver
while I was sick I paid it, But now HECK NO I will just stroll my Happy A$$ down there.

GuineaBaby
08-12-2002, 04:19 AM
nope, wouldn't pay nada...dominos has the grossest pizza

chort1313
08-12-2002, 04:22 AM
Domino's is doing this in 'test' areas right now. We usually pay for delivery at work for anything and it's usually $1. This doesn't bother me that much, but most people don't know that they $1 actually goes to the company and not the driver, so the driver might and usually gets screwed out of a tip. (Part of a tip anyway.) The $1 wouldn't bother me, but I usually am one to get carryout so I don't have to pay tip or the delivery charge. So i guess it does bother me when I'm at home, but not while I'm at work!

cpbaby
08-12-2002, 05:45 AM
I saw this in the paper. They said they were testing the delivery charge out and that Pizza Hut is charging a 50 cent delivery charge now. Well, where I live Pizza Hut charges $1 to bring me a pizza and has for years. I feel that $1 is a small price to pay for me not having to put a bra on to go down there to get it. I live less than a mile from the "Big 3" of pizza places- Dominos, Papa Johns, and Pizza Hut, and I would pay $1 for any of them if it meant I didnt have to get dressed and go back out.

chort1313
08-12-2002, 05:47 AM
not having to put a bra on to go down there to get it.

Burn the bra, Burn the bra!!!! I ran to the store last night brales and just threw a cardigan on.. I simply do not care if I look like trash!! WEll, ok, so it has to be late at night! :D Oh yeah, and I was in my pajamas!!! boxers and a t-shirt. No makeup, hair a mess...
:p

tesa
08-12-2002, 06:24 AM
I live out in the woods so if they could deliver out here I would pay the dollar

cowgirlup6908
08-12-2002, 06:38 AM
not no but heck no....
maybe...and i repeat maybe if they got my order right 1 time when i placed an order instead of screwing up 3 out of 3 orders...(forgetting stuff/wrong toppings/etc)...and it didn't take 45 mins to get when i live less than a mile from them...

i would...if it was for customers more than 10 miles away...AND if it went to the driver ...not for the store...

DIDONNA
08-12-2002, 08:16 AM
No Way!! Their pizza is so nasty they would have to pay me
to eat it!! YUCK!!

Tasha405
08-12-2002, 08:24 AM
I would, because no one delivers to us. Well 1 place does, its just a little local pizza place, you kinda get tired of the same thing. LOL But I wouldn't tip anymore, the tip would be the extra $1 I paid for delivery.

ksjayhawkfan
08-12-2002, 08:41 AM
We dont have Dominos here only Pizza Hut and they screw you anyway. I asked for a recipt one day when they delivered and there was a delivery fee added. I asked when they started that and they said they always have charged it but never tell you that since most people dont get the reciept:mad:

Dolly<3
08-12-2002, 09:06 AM
I don't think I would pay even if I liked Dominoes, b/c it's like they're just doing it to see if I will pay it. lol If they were losing money by delivering, I would pay the dollar, but not $1 for the heck of it - no.

chort1313
08-12-2002, 10:21 AM
they said they were losing money because the price of cheese and gas went up. And, pizza hut is also charging .50 so domino's had to just go to the $1 and test it out! I know that pizza hut pays drivers gas $$$--they used to anyway, I used to work there and my bro was a driver. So that may be why, but once the price of gas goes down, we won't see the charge removed!

But I wouldn't tip anymore, the tip would be the extra $1 I paid for delivery.

i think that would be the case a lot of the time, and poor pizza delivery people are going to get mad because they do not get the delivery charge.

I asked for a recipt one day when they delivered and there was a delivery fee added. I asked when they started that and they said they always have charged it but never tell you that since most people dont get the reciept

That's really dishonest and I would be talking to mgmt about it. I would be soooo mad!!!!

kelblend
08-12-2002, 12:03 PM
gonna pick up Digorno's (sp?) instead lolololol--tastes like delivery:D

i usually tip $1 -$1.50 and they should just add it to the pizza price instead of the delivery charge. Add it to the price and everyone knows the company gets the money and the driver still gets his tip.

I'm sorry but that seems a stupid concept. Uhhh if we test out whether you will pay a dollar to deliver and you do then we keep it. Methinks I would just do it and then drop it later if sales went down (if you could pin it to that and not the economy). I don't think I would ask peeps. Is it me or does this seem lame??

kerri_nc
08-12-2002, 05:22 PM
i would cuz they dont deliver here and when the hubbys at work at night what if i get the muchies what if i want it to bribe the kids to leave me alone so i can watch a movie in peace they can take it to their rooms just give me some!