PDA

View Full Version : Master Of Disguise

cpbaby
08-11-2002, 09:13 AM
Has anyone else seen this movie? I honestly didnt get the point of the whole thing EXCEPT that it showed Dana Carveys talent of mimicry. It was very slapstickish and I didnt like it. The kids seemed to enjoy it very much, often due to the "bathroom" humor used.

eeigh33
08-11-2002, 09:18 AM
i figured it would not be one worth seeing. when seeing the previews, i had absolutely no desire to venture out to this one. you just confirmed it. heheehe

cpbaby
08-11-2002, 09:26 AM
I would NOT have paid to see this movie after seeing the previews. The only reason we watched it is because it was the second feature at the drive-in last night. For $7 a carload, it was bargain, especially with the main feature being XXX(Triple X). My 8 yr old wanted to stay and see The Master of Disguise and I got suckered in.

chort1313
08-11-2002, 09:38 AM
My friends who saw "master of disguise" also didn't like it. Think I'll probably skip that one!

eeigh33
08-11-2002, 10:03 AM
oh, yah..i forgot you mentioned about going to the drive-in...i wish we had a drive in around here. they all closed. i remember going a lot when i was a kid....it was great! and yes, 7 bucks for the whole load...what a bargain...

GodBlessAmerica
08-11-2002, 01:21 PM
My friends who also saw it, didn't like it either.

DreamWarrior
08-11-2002, 01:48 PM
I was watching an interview with him and he said that he ade this movie more in mind for kids bcuz his kids were always saying that they wanted to see a PG-13 movie and so he wrote (i think) this movie specifically for his kids :) So I think that grown-ups arent supposed to enjoy it as much <shrugs> who knows?? LOL

GuineaBaby
08-11-2002, 02:53 PM
bathroom humor?

cpbaby
08-11-2002, 05:31 PM
It was rated PG.

Since everybody seems to have the same idea about seeing this movie, I will say I dont know if you would call it "bathroom humor" or not but when the bad guy laughs, he farts. My 8 yr old thought it was hilarious. I thought the first time it was mildly funny, the tenth time, it was annoying.

ahippiechic
08-11-2002, 07:07 PM
I didn't even finishing watching it. I didn't think it was very funny, and it didn't really make sense.