PDA

View Full Version : HELP...Daughter's hair question...

ajksmom
08-10-2002, 07:33 PM
My 13 year old has extremely kinky curly hair. About 1 week ago we relaxed it with some at home relaxer (we have used this 2 times before). This time it dried her hair out pretty bad. Well I took her for her back to school haircut today and the woman cut it the way she wanted to and then couldn't thin it out like I told her to do in the first place because of the way she cut it. Anyway back to my question they wanted me to buy this Bed Hed conditioner to use because of the problem but the stuff cost $25.00 for 2 bottles. I don't have that kind of money to spend on conditioner...sorry. My question is do any of you all have a conditioner or at home method that you swear by to use for the dryness and frizziness? She cut all the dry ends and it isn't that bad now but it still needs help. I bought some of that Clairol Renewal 5x...anybody used it? Does it work? HELP PLEASE...Thanks in advance.:)

MsLynn
08-10-2002, 07:42 PM
the pantene, once a week conditioner is very good for dry hair, just use it daily, its like 3 dollars and change a bottle, and they make something called friz eze, thats pretty good too, i use it when perms are almost out of my hair and they start getting frizzy,

just a thought, hope someone can help more than me

miccit
08-10-2002, 07:46 PM
My children are biracial and they have that same kind of hair. I used Citre Shine polisher on it. I also use an anti-frizz gel (I prefer White Rain). All of the Citre Shine products are really great. So are Frizz Ease-- and they aren't real expensive. I buy them at Walmart.

I don't relax my children's hair because I have found that it just damages the hair and makes it worse. I have friends that swear by relaxing their kids' hair. I think it really depends on the texture of their hair.

Tasha405
08-10-2002, 08:05 PM
My Grandma use to dye and perm her hair all the time and it would get so dry and dead. The women at her beauty shop told her to get Hair Cholesterol and use it once or twice a week. I think you can get it at Wal-Mart and some drug stores. The Dollar Store use it to carry it too. I think. Anyway, I hope you get it all worked out for her.:)

mizjen
08-10-2002, 09:27 PM
I like the Herbal Essences intensive blends (I think that's what it's called) conditioner. It's the best regular store bought brand I've ever tried.

I also like the citre' shine polisher. That stuff is great! My poor mom has hair that is sooo curly it doesn't even curl, it just frizzes no matter what she uses. The polisher actually took away a bunch of her frizz and gave her some curl. Plus it's real softening.

MistyWolf
08-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Queen Helene's Hair Cholesterol work good, but I did have a hair dresser say to not over do it with it cause it will coat your hair and just weigh it down.

You may also want to try Infusium .. they have a spray on leave in conditioner that works pretty good.

I myself have wanted to try Bed Head products cause I wear my hair short and like the bed head look, but am not paying that much for hair products!

And a tip, if you have a Sally's Beauty Products near you, they usually sell brand name products for less.

kidzpca
08-11-2002, 07:55 AM
MAYONAISE-Really. The cheaper the better but any brand will do.

Coat the hair with mayonaise, cover with plastic cap or large saran wrap quick covers. Make sure it covers head. Let sit for 30 minutes and then wash and rinse out until clear.

This works as a treatment for lice as well.

kelblend
08-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Aussie Three Minute Miracle has helped me before. It does run around 4-5 bucks though. Sometimes you can find a one time use of it at CVS for 99 cents.

Juggalette
08-11-2002, 10:23 AM
The bed head is kinda pricey , but it works awesome , my mom uses it so I tried it once to see if I liked it and it is awesome . I love there gel and it is about $12 for a bottle , but it does not take much. Good luck !:D