PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Peanut818
08-09-2002, 09:46 AM
The company I work for is having a company picnic 9/8/02 and I'm on the game committe and I am drawing a major blank, so I'm coming to the big big family for some ideas. There will be all age groups from toddlers to seniors, all ideas welcome and very much appreciated.

Thank you

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGE HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

miccit
08-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Water balloons are great for the older kids. Potato sack races, watermelon seed spitting (gross, but kids love it), egg races, ball toss, bingo, cake walks, and I can't think of anymore right now. I can look in my big book of games if you want.

Peanut818
08-09-2002, 09:57 AM
What's the cake walk

miccit
08-09-2002, 10:00 AM
You get a bunch of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, whatever you can get. Then you put a bunch of numbers and blank spaces on the ground. Then everyone stands on the numbers and blank spaces. You play music and they walk in a circle. When the music stops you call out a number. Whoever is on that number or closest to it wins a cake or whatever you have. Kind of like musical chairs.

kelblend
08-09-2002, 10:03 AM
oooh loved the cake walks when i was a kid--lawn fetes and such!!:D

chort1313
08-09-2002, 10:09 AM
tug of war, tug of war, tug of war!

missymommy
08-09-2002, 10:10 AM
For the toddlers I would just get some beach balls, bubbles, and
some kind of containers that they can use to go around and pick up
rocks, leafs and stuff. Kids love playing pick up. Make sure you have a lil junk bag for them to take home. You can get things in bulk at oriental trading.

Widgetsx3
08-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Depending on your budget, face painting is great for kids. They love anything that messes them up. Bobbing for apples is always a kid pleaser, we do it for all the parties. Especially if it is hot, cools them off. Another game that is always fun, and good for a laugh is for lack of a better name..the spinning game. You take a bat, place the big end on the ground, bend over and put your forehead on the small end and spin a certain # of times then try to run to a designated spot w/out falling, closest one to the spot wins...not good for the seniors since falling is pretty much a given...but usually hysterical.

miccit
08-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Kids love pinatas. We do scavenger hunts with Girl Scouts and they love it.