PDA

View Full Version : Bridesmaids gifts

Nikkole
08-08-2002, 04:44 AM
Does anyone have a good idea what I should purchase for the girls?
I was thinking a necklace?? or one of those heart dangle bracelet SP?
Candles, jewlery boxes. a coffin purse like mine that was made for the weddding..I don't know..
I want something not expensive but not cheap I have four girls, my grandma said don't buy them anything after the hell they put me through with this periwinkle dress nightmare..
Please let me know I was going to the mall tonight to look around.;.
I was going to try that place where they sell prom merchandise and tons of tons of earings and ear piercing I forgot the name it's here in NY...
Thanks a million...

Dolly<3
08-08-2002, 04:48 AM
I think the necklace or bracelet is a good idea... or a keychain. I would get anything w/hearts on it since it's a wedding, and they're girls so they probably like hearts anyway. :) Heart picture frame, etc.

I just love hearts though. :D

teenap
08-08-2002, 05:10 AM
I did purses...
just because every time you are in a wedding you never have the right purse! ha!
that and necklaces...

I thought I was the only weirdo that had a coffin purse!
:)

chort1313
08-08-2002, 06:18 AM
My bf did necklaces and bracelets so we would all match and it was a great set!!

My other be did the coffin purse ? WEll, I'm not sure what a "coffin" purse is but this is a little bitty metal clutch thing that has our initials engraved on it. it's only big enough to old you liscence and some money (only bills). It's very nice but I'll never use it. I would go with the jewelry. Something nice, but inexpensive.

janelle
08-08-2002, 09:08 AM
coffin purse sounds just right since they almost put in a real one with all the trouble they caused. :D

anarmywife
08-08-2002, 09:28 AM
I gave my bridesmaids and several other family members and friends who helped out bath sets, lotions and body wash, that sort of thing, everyone got a different one with different things inside- they really liked that.

cole70
08-08-2002, 09:55 AM
I gave my bridesmaids necklaces, so they would have matching jewelry to wear with the dresses (I made THEM pick out the dresses so I didnt have to hear all of the whining if they didnt like the dresses I picked out).

My cousin gave her bridesmaids gorgeous silver picture frames. Unfortuntely she put a pic of her in the frames! :)

sarahscand
08-08-2002, 01:27 PM
I bought big wicker laundry baskets ($3.00 a peice at walmart in the craft section) and went to www.candlemart.com
They have awesome sales like buy one get one free etc..
I have five bridesmaids and I filled their baskets with all this kinds of stuff (then again,they are into that)plus our best man in the wedding his wife just got a managers position with Bath and Body works so I get use of her discount for soaps and such...
But check out the site, you might find some things that you can afford-they have GREAT prices!!

lovechild
08-08-2002, 01:43 PM
i agree with the purses. My sis did this for her bridesmaids last october and they loved it!!

aimee_l
08-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Periwinkle dresses--that sounds familiar. My sisters (who were bridesmaids) called them smurf dresses. I could have killed them. Oh well, it's funny now.
I got them necklaces for gifts, but just because I couldn't think of anything better. I really like the idea of bath sets.

kimp67
08-08-2002, 02:39 PM
I gave matching necklaces & earings so they would all match for the wedding. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Jolie Rouge
08-08-2002, 02:44 PM
I also did the earrings & necklaces to wear for the wedding. Also everyone got a silver frame (wedding invites inside to be replaced with the pic of their choice.) The men in the wedding party recieved silver money clips with their initials engraved.