PDA

View Full Version : Oops ! "brattney's" In Trouble Again ...

Jolie Rouge
08-01-2002, 02:05 PM
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) -- Britney Spears ended her world tour on a controversial note by cutting short her final show in Mexico City on Sunday night, adding insult to injury after she made an obscene gesture upon arrival here last week.

The 20-year-old pop princess sang four songs in the last show of her Pepsi-sponsored world tour, but during the set's fifth song, "Stronger," Spears apologized, saying "I'm sorry Mexico. I love you. Bye," and left the stage, Mexico City daily Milenio reported.

Boos and jeers rained down on the stage when a public announcement asked fans to leave the Foro Sol stadium. Some concert-goers began throwing the pop diva's paraphernalia and chanting "fraud, fraud," the newspaper reported.

Concert organizers could not be reached for comment, and it was not immediately clear if another show would be scheduled or if fans would receive a refund. Mexico City was the last leg of a so-called world tour in the United States and Canada.

Spears, who rocketed to fame with her 1998 hit "Baby, one more time," spent less than a week in Mexico City, but attracted plenty of attention during her visit.

The pop star was caught by cameras extending her middle finger in a universally recognized insult after she arrived last Tuesday night at an airport in Toluca, some 40 miles (65 km) from Mexico City.

Spears later said the gesture was an angry response to paparazzi, who she said nearly caused a wreck with her vehicle.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/News/07/29/mexico.spears.reut/index.html

a so-called world tour in the United States and Canada. Did she flunk Geography ?

The pop star was caught by cameras extending her middle finger in a universally recognized insult {{{Jolie exits the thread humming "She's a Lady" ..........}}} NOT!

mizjen
08-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Well, the fans giveth and sooner or later the fans will taketh away.

Do you suppose she's purposely trying to throw her *career* away?

ksjayhawkfan
08-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Ya know I used to like the girl. But dam she is just annoying the crap outta me lately. I should have know her true colors would bust through sooner rather than later.:rolleyes:

miccit
08-01-2002, 03:40 PM
The sad thing is she is idolized by all of these little girls. My 8 yo loves Britney. And she is definitely not the role model I want for her. And of course that makes me a mean mommy.

ksjayhawkfan
08-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Ok I just saw a video of the whole story and I have to defend her on this one. It was raining and ligthning like a S.O.B when she left the stage. They were having to sweep water off the stage and several of her dancers had fallen. I still support what I posted earlier about her annoying me lately but I wouldnt have been on stage in weather like that either. Oh and they said they are giving refunds for the tickets too.

miccit
08-01-2002, 05:45 PM
That is good that they are giving refunds. I also can't blame her for not wanting to be in the pouring rain, that is dangerous.

jaybird
08-01-2002, 07:55 PM
She's a piece of work. She chose the entertainment business and she takes what comes with it, even if it includes singing in the rain. Unless she was concerned her hair dye would start running and her makeup would end up on her inflatables, or that she'd slip and fall on her phony fanny.

Can't stand her, and I don't think she can sing all that well to begin with. Wait 5-10 years and see where she is. Somewhere with Vanilla Ice I'm guessing...

:rolleyes:

IF the weather was that ominous and that threatening, then she could have graciously explained to the crowd that she was POSTPONING the concert (since it was her LAST one) for the safety of her people and the fans.

BLEAGH on Britney.

erniemarie
08-01-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by jaybird

Can't stand her, and I don't think she can sing all that well to begin with. Wait 5-10 years and see where she is. Somewhere with Vanilla Ice I'm guessing...

BLEAGH on Britney.

LMAO yeah her and Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer all will be on the same corner begging for bus fare LMAO

Electric Chameleon
08-01-2002, 10:51 PM
drumroll plesae......................................

Cyndi Lauper!

EC

mugwump
08-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by mizjen
We can only hope ...

the1bea
08-02-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
Unless she was concerned her hair dye would start running and her makeup would end up on her inflatables, or that she'd slip and fall on her phony fanny. (LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I hope in 5 years she will be fat with a lotta stretch marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaidness
08-02-2002, 04:04 PM
I read somewhere that the lyrics to one of her songs was suspiciously similar to one of Enrique Iglesias's songs and his people were looking into it...does one do time for plagarism?One can only hope so.

CanadianBoy
08-02-2002, 04:34 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a so-called world tour in the United States and Canada.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did she flunk Geography ?

Her and the people of "World" Wrestling and how about baseball's "World" Series ????????????

Dolly<3
08-02-2002, 05:08 PM

We can only hope ...

LOL! I read an article this morning about this. Apparently the weather was getting bad and her and the crew were slipping all over the stage. [article (http://accesshollywood.msn.com/music/0801_britneyspearsmexico.asp)]

denisemm
08-02-2002, 05:21 PM
Look at this pic of her!
http://accesshollywood.msn.com/i/e/dn/mus/bspears2_080102_108x120.jpg

What's going on with her eye?

Dolly<3
08-02-2002, 05:57 PM
LOL! I was wondering that too!