PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys review my resume for me please? (it is in this post)

Talanco
07-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Keep in mind it will not have this format on the printed page. Please give me any feedback on this. I'm not sure if this is good enough.

Kristie Tolbert

Objective:
To progress with a well organized company that has room for advancement and will allow me to utilize my experience, knowledge and skills.

Highlights of Qualifications:
· Experienced office worker and assistant, successful in customer service and office organization.
· Skilled working with personal computers:
- Windows 98/2000
- Microsoft Word 2000
- Microsoft Office
- Peachtree Accounting
· Energetic self-starter with strong communication skills; works well independently or on a team.
· Highly productive managing projects; a creative problem solver who rapidly adapts to changing demands.
Professional Experience:
Front office Administrative Assistant and Accounting
· Handled multiple phone lines and walk-in customers.
· Solved all customer service problems.
· Handled all accounting for a small business.
Marketing Research
· Performed marketing research for Georgia Mutual Mortgage on services and companies.
· Utilized databases to organize and maintain company records.
· Troubleshot and solved problems for Georgia Mutual Mortgage.
Work History
1996 – 1998 Office Assistant and Customer Service White Garden Florist, Norcross, GA
1996 – 1998 Data Entry and Accounting Native Wholesale Norcross, GA
1995 – 1996 Telemarketing National Kidney Foundation Norcross, GA
Education:
Gwinnett College of Business, Lilburn, GA Course of Study: Legal Administrative Assistant. Graduate 2003
Business Math College Keyboarding Microsoft Word
College English Introduction to Law Accounting I

Yasha
07-26-2002, 04:19 PM
I think its great.. but on a resume, dont you start with your personal info, work history, then aims and objectives?

Talanco
07-26-2002, 04:55 PM
They used to do it that way but now days people want to know more about what you can do rather than where you have been.

ducky67
07-26-2002, 06:12 PM
I think it sounds great. Heres an idea for Objective:

Seeking a position which offers a Career with room for advancement as well as an immediate challenge, in a busy office environment utilizing my skills and experience

· Skilled working with personal computers:
- Windows 98/2000
- Microsoft Word 2000
- Microsoft Office
- Peachtree Accounting

Maybe change to Knowledge with: or Efficient with:

Just some suggestions! Good Luck! (I take it, you're looking for a job)

Talanco
07-26-2002, 06:19 PM
Thanks Ducky I really like that idea and it suits me perfectly. I will change that right away. I already faxed it to a few places so we will see.

THANKS

Yasha
07-26-2002, 06:41 PM
Or perhaps Proficient :)

It might also help to state which vesion of the programs you are 'proficient' in, along with a typing speed if you know it

Willow
07-26-2002, 06:51 PM
It looks good and yes the objective always goes at the top. You may want to add at the bottom "references available upon request". Do you have a portfolio? Most of the interviews I went on when applying for office work asked for a portfolio.

Talanco
07-26-2002, 07:06 PM
What the heck is portfolio???

Yasha
07-26-2002, 07:17 PM
I think its a collection of your past work... like Models have portfolios of their pictures. I dont know how this can be applicable to you though....

ducky67
07-26-2002, 07:18 PM
I've heard of a person having a portfolio - but to be honest, I don't know what the heck it is either!!

Willow
07-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Talanco
What the heck is portfolio???

It's actually just a sample of your work. They just give it a fancy name. I can tell you a few things that I have in mine. I have a couple of different business letters typed both on the type writer and on the computer, I have some examples of some graphs that were done with Excel showing that I can set up formulas, I also have a sample will and other documents. It's basically so the the employer can have a first hand look at your work.