PDA

View Full Version : Missing girl, please look!!

flute
07-26-2002, 10:03 AM
http://www.kmov.com/topstories/kmov_localnews_020726_missingirl.2a34dd98.html

She's been missing since 7am-7:20am, she could be anywhere, IL, ANYWHERE IN MO!!! Northern AR, Possibly OK, KS

PLEASE LOOK!!!

Prolly still in stl area, but no one knows!!!

Angelseyes28
07-26-2002, 10:09 AM
Dear Lord when will this stop?! I pray that that precious little girl makes it back safe and sound. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family:(

tina z
07-26-2002, 10:13 AM
((((((((Flute)))))))))) what a pretty little girl. I pray that they will find her soon and she's okay!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

angelinwaiting
07-26-2002, 10:29 AM
She is so cute...I pray that they find her safe....This is happening way to much....These poor kids...makes you want to hug your little one more tightly than ever...:(

{{{{{flute}}}}}}}}

jcw
07-26-2002, 10:58 AM
I hope they pretty little girl is found safe and sound.

DeeTee
07-26-2002, 11:01 AM
Too many of these happening (one is too many). I am so glad that my daughter is able to be a stay at home mom. I pray they find her safe very soon.

jaybird
07-26-2002, 11:14 AM
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article_lc.asp?storyid=28266

VALLEY PARK (KSDK) -- Police are concentrating the search for six year old Cassandra "Casey" Williamson on a specific section of the Meramec River. Officials tell NewsChannel 5 that divers have been dispatched to area, and a request has been made for an underwater camera. Police officers are also utilizing helicopters and bloodhounds as they search for little Casey.

Casey was last seen wearing a white nightgown. Casey is described as being four feet tall, weighing about 48 pounds.

St. Louis County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Rick Eckhard the case was treated as an abduction immediately because of what was known about Casey's personality. Friends and family told police that Casey would never wander away. They say she always asked for permission to go anywhere more than a block away.

At a noon press conference, St. Louis County Police announced the FBI is on the scene and are assisting police in their investigation and search. However, while no new clues have been found, police say they remain optimistic.

According to Ernie Williamson, Casey’s father, he and his wife are separated. In recent days the couple has been trying to put their relationship back together. To be closer to his family, Williamson has been living across the street from his wife’s house, at the home of a friend. Angela Williamson, Casey’s mother, says she agreed to allow Casey’s to sleep at the home where her father was staying. This morning at about 7:20, Williamson says while he was in the kitchen with his daughter making breakfast, another houseguest, a male, was on the couch. After returning from the bathroom, Williamson says both Casey and male houseguest were gone.

There have been reports that police are collecting debris from along the river banks. It is not known if the items found are in fact evidence, but it’s clear that police are treating it as such. Earlier this morning, Williamson says detectives took him to the banks of the river to identify some clothing found, but it was not Casey’s.

So far no physical evidence has been found that suggests that Casey was at or near the river.

To aid in search efforts, police have brought in a canine unit made up of four tracking dogs. The dogs have been given samples of Casey’s clothing and heading into the surrounding area as well as to the banks of the Meramec River. These dogs are trained for just this type of search.

Police are asking anyone with any information about this case to call 314-889-2341.

shell76
07-26-2002, 11:18 AM
This is so sad. I have been keeping my little ones inside lately. This just makes me even more insecure. Does this happen every summer? I mean the high number of abductions by strangers?

Here is the link to CNN article with pic:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/26/missouri.girl/index.html

MommyG3
07-26-2002, 11:43 AM
Man, not again.
:mad:

kitten5350
07-26-2002, 11:54 AM
My heart goes out to her parents! I guess we can never be to over protective of our children. When will these freaks ever leave our kids alone?:(

ajksmom
07-26-2002, 12:32 PM
God I hope that they find this precious little girl alive. This just seem to be happening so much lately. I feel so terrible for her parents. This has just got to be hell for them.:mad: :(

jaybird
07-26-2002, 01:31 PM
3:30 update on KSDK Channel 5 (NBC) has no news or leads. This area/house is about 20 minutes from my house in Missouri. My dot played select softball right down the street from the homes.

Red-headed man sleeping on the couch was an 'acquaintance' at best, tv is calling him a 'homeless man' that spent the night there. Was asleep on the sofa at 7ish this morning when Casey & her father woke up. Father went to the bathroom, came back to fix breakfast for the little girl and she was nowhere to be found, man on the couch was gone. He returned at 8am, wet. Police asked him where he'd been and he said 'swimming in the Meramec River.' Search centering around area and river...dredging river.

What is going on? Copycat crimes? There's been an awful lot of them lately - kidnappings and attempts.

My dot's 22, my son's 29 and I still worry about them being where they're supposed to be or getting there. (saying that as my dot is driving to Indianapolis alone right now)

UNGH.

Angel~Chihuahua
07-26-2002, 01:48 PM
i went to the website you all posted and there was an update that the search has been called off, but police arent saying why yet.

jaybird
07-26-2002, 01:51 PM
Authorities have suspended search. Police have found and identified the nightgown the little girl was wearing at an abandoned glass factory just a couple blocks away.

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

aimefisher
07-26-2002, 02:19 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. The search has been called off because she has been found dead. The police have made an arrest.

THIS IS FROM AP wire
St. Louis-area girl, 6, found slain

VALLEY PARK, Mo. (AP) — Police say they have find a body believed to be that of missing 6-year-old Cassandra Williamson. Authorities in Valley Park, Missouri, announced at a press conference that the body was found in an abandoned glass factory. They also say they've arrested a suspect in the case. They identify him as Johnny Johnson.

jaybird
07-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Been watching it for half hour now. Makes me sick. I could blow that guy's brains out myself right now.

Widgetsx3
07-26-2002, 02:51 PM
Here is more info: http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/26/missouri.girl/index.html

flute
07-26-2002, 02:58 PM
This is terrible!!!

I just turned on channel 4 news :( wahhh!!

odyssey
07-26-2002, 03:04 PM
That awful!!!!!!

So from what I read it was the homeless man who abducted her. Why the hell did he kill her. SICK SICK SICKooo.

I am lost for words. but thank godness a man is already in police custody.:( :(

baileyboo
07-26-2002, 06:37 PM
This just makes me sick....

I don't mean to sound insensitive to the homeless, but why on earth would you let someone into your home to spend the night that you don't know! We tell our children to watch out for strangers...then we welcome one into our home and let the kid alone with them!! Yes I understand the man had to go to the bathroom, but as anyone who is a parent knows, 15 seconds is long enough for a little to disappear! No wonder kids don't know who to trust and who they should go with or listen to in a situation like that!

jaybird
07-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by baileyboo
This just makes me sick....

I don't mean to sound insensitive to the homeless, but why on earth would you let someone into your home to spend the night that you don't know! We tell our children to watch out for strangers...then we welcome one into our home and let the kid alone with them!! Yes I understand the man had to go to the bathroom, but as anyone who is a parent knows, 15 seconds is long enough for a little to disappear! No wonder kids don't know who to trust and who they should go with or listen to in a situation like that!

To clarify things:
The 'homeless' man was not a complete stranger. At least someONE in the family knew this young man, the authorities used the term 'acquaintance' rather than 'friend.' It wasn't a complete stranger off the street that they just opened their home to, but someone they at least SOMEWHAT knew and offered a place to sleep for the night. And it wasn't just the man on the sofa, the child and the father. There were several other people in the house at the time of the disappearance. Another sibling and the mother were also staying at this home (across the street from the mother's home...the parents were separated and working on a reconciliation and the father was staying at this home-grandparents I believe-in order to be close to his family)

baileyboo
07-26-2002, 07:50 PM
well I was just going by
Red-headed man sleeping on the couch was an 'acquaintance' at best, tv is calling him a 'homeless man' that spent the night there which used the term acquaintance at best.

and...
According to Ernie Williamson, Casey’s father, he and his wife are separated. In recent days the couple has been trying to put their relationship back together. To be closer to his family, Williamson has been living across the street from his wife’s house, at the home of a friend. Angela Williamson, Casey’s mother, says she agreed to allow Casey’s to sleep at the home where her father was staying. where it made no mention that the mother was there as well.....

but it still makes me sick!!

jaybird
07-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Johnny Johnson, the area 'homeless' man sleeping on the couch, is being held without bond, and has been charged with:
1--Murder, in the first degree
2--Armed criminal action
3--Kidnapping
4--Attempted forcible rape

I only caught a portion of the segment on the 10:00 news, but I heard something about him 'nonchalantly' describing 'events' to the authorities. I hope they get him in jail fast, and the inmates take care of him. Even the most hardened, heartless criminal hates baby killers. S.O.B.

picklepuss
07-27-2002, 08:14 PM
This is sooo sad.:( :( :( :(

TheLtsLady
07-27-2002, 08:54 PM
and sickening. What the heck is this world
coming to?!?!
I wish these sick bastards would leave the
poor little defenseless children alone already!