PDA

View Full Version : Rule #7: Welcome to our "Ool." Please Notice There's No "P" in It. Keep it that

Jolie Rouge
07-25-2002, 10:46 PM
Dear Ann Landers:

We have a large swimming pool in our backyard. My children's friends are welcome to use it, but there are some rules:

1. Your child may not bring his friends to swim unless they are also friends of my child's. This is not a public pool.

2. If your child cannot swim, do not send him over unsupervised. I would be devastated if anything happened to him. You are welcome to come and watch him, but do not expect me to sit by the pool all afternoon.

3. Your child should bring his own towel. If you find any towels that do not belong to you, they are probably mine. Please return them.

4. Please send snacks and drinks. I don't want your kids running through my house dripping wet to ransack my refrigerator. I don't mind ordering pizza once in a while, but not every day.

5. Make sure your child wears sunscreen. Last summer, I went through several bottles, at my own expense.

6. Teach your children to pick up after themselves. When they use our pool, our towels, our toys and our food, I expect them to clean up when they are done.

Ann, I want my kids to have their friends over. However, I do not like it when parents take advantage of my hospitality to drop their kids off without supervision or assistance. Last summer, I was worn out. If things don't improve, I may have to empty the pool. -- Tired in San Martin, Calif.

Dear San Martin:

A swimming pool can be dangerous, and you should not be responsible for supervising other people's children. I suggest you copy this column and post it where your guests can see it. Inform the children that anyone who doesn't follow the rules will have to leave. If any child gives you a hard time, call his or her parents and tell them, nicely, that their child must behave more appropriately or he will not be welcome in the future.

Editor's Note: Ann Landers answered her readers' letters up to her death on June 22. The following was one of her last columns.

babygirlnoemi17
07-25-2002, 10:51 PM
im definately printing this out.:D :D :D
thanks;)