PDA

View Full Version : OHH ohohho, member the guy on the twin towers?

flute
07-25-2002, 06:20 PM
The Pulse is doing a story on it, if it was his last picture ever......I'm guessing no :)

In case anyone wants to see, turn on the pulse now...uhmm..it's FOX that has it on :) `

flute
07-25-2002, 07:01 PM
heheh...it was an interesting story, the man actually lives in Hungary..not even the us. What'smore is he says he doesn't even remember the pic being taken. of course it was a coputer generated pic...very intersting tho :)

ckerr4
07-25-2002, 07:30 PM
well, give it up flute, what's the rest of the story??:D

lol, I don't think I'll be able to let it go now;)

flute
07-25-2002, 07:35 PM
That was the importnat part :)

baileyboo
07-25-2002, 09:11 PM
that's a big big FAKE LOL

Is it true? No, it's a hoax.

Why? At 8:45 AM EDT, American Airlines Flight 11 struck the northern side of 1 World Trade Center, the north tower. However, the World Trade Center's outdoor observation deck is located on the top of 2 World Trade Center, the south tower, that was later hit by United Airlines Flight 175. The north side of the 1 World Trade Center can't be seen - or photographed - from the observation deck on 2 World Trade Center.

Another thing to note, the observation deck of the World Trade Center did not open until 9:30, so no tourist could have been snapping pictures at 8:45.

The image also shows telltale signs of digital manipulation. The edges of the airplane and date in the lower right hand corner are blurry and indistinct. Digitally clipped images usually have a sharp border that may contrast sharply when pasted on top of another image. The contrasting border can be obscured though by blurring. While this may disguise the pasted border, it also loses the picture's detail in the blurred area.

http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/lastmoment.html

flute
07-25-2002, 09:18 PM
baileyboo: yes that's what they said :)

odyssey
07-25-2002, 10:17 PM
I saw this picture right after 9-11, everyone I know was emailing back and forth for about a day unitl we found out on Sept 20th it was a hoax.

BY THE WAY I am from Hungary/Romainia I can say I am full 100%Hungarian. Too bad I missed that show. Would of wanted to see that lier

Unicornmom77
07-26-2002, 09:22 AM
THATS WHAT I WAS GONNA SAY GOOD FOR YOU LOL

shell76
07-26-2002, 11:21 AM
I've seen that pic before, there was a site that had that pic, plus they had that same guy cut and pasted into other pics of disasters and weird places.