View Full Version : Unknown Housewife

Widgetsx3
07-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Did you hear that someone wants to erect a monument to the Unknown
Housewife?

I think that is a great idea! A housewife is someone who spends 7 days a
week scrubbing the floors, doing the laundry, shopping for food, cooking
the meals, washing the dishes, watering the lawn, cleaning the house,
walking the dog, and being a valet, maid and chauffeur for the kids.

What hurts most about this though, is when someone asks her husband,
"Does your wife work?" and he says, "No."

miccit
07-25-2002, 01:19 PM
I hate when someone says I don't work. I have four kids, a house to take care of, a rabbit, 2 kittens, a turtle, a bunch of fish, and a husband. All I do is work (or at least that is the way it seems)

kelblend
07-25-2002, 01:21 PM
We just don't work OUTSIDE the house unless you count the yard, cleaning out the cars, cleaning up the garage and so on and so on...

hubbies should say it's amazing she has the most complicated, detailed job and doesn't get paid with money anyway:D

Willow
07-25-2002, 02:45 PM
A mans work is from sun to sun but a woman's work is never done.

picklepuss
07-25-2002, 02:52 PM
I prefer "Domestic Goddess" over Housewife..LOL!!:D :p

flute
07-25-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Widgetsx3
I think that is a great idea! A housewife is someone who spends 7 days week scrubbing the floors, doing the laundry, shopping for food, cooking the meals, washing the dishes, watering the lawn, cleaning the house, walking the dog, and being a valet, maid and chauffeur for the kids.

oh is THAT what i'm "supposed" to do??? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

mizjen
07-25-2002, 03:03 PM
They can keep their monument. I would just like a vacation.;)

ladybugbhb
07-26-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by mizjen
They can keep their monument. I would just like a vacation.;)

i once told hubby i would like to take a "real vacation" ( instead of our usual camping trip) and he said that i am always on a real vacation!!!:mad:

needless to say he got a "vacation" from being "happy" for a while lol!!:D

smeans
07-26-2002, 08:35 AM
and whats even worse than having hubby say you dont work is when someone asks you if you work and you tell them youre a homemaker and they look at you like youre awful.:rolleyes: not to mention the ones that assume since you stay at home that youre always ready to babysit their kids.:mad: people act like youre nuts if you tell them you stay at home with the kids. funny thing is that the ones that act snotty about me staying home are the ones that say "one of the reasons i work outside of the home is to get away from the kids they get on my nerves' hmmmmmmm.....