PDA

View Full Version : When did you first realize ...

mugwump
07-25-2002, 12:13 PM
that you had become your mother?

I have suspected it for a while because when I look in the mirror, I see the same bulges around the waist, the same jowly cheeks, chicken neck, etc. I catch myself saying the same things to my kids that she said to me ... using the same hand gestures, the same facial expressions, holding my mouth the same why when I talk ... and so on.

But the final realization came last night when DH and I were arguing and he sarcastically referred to me as "Madge" (my mom's name).

Now how bad is that? Don't get me wrong, I love my mom ... sometimes I just don't like her very much.

And now it is confirmed ... I AM MY MOM.

dcut4
07-25-2002, 12:17 PM
OMG...my hubby does that too!! If he wants to tick me off in an arguement he tells me I am acting like 'June' my dear ol mom...nothing ticks me off more..I loved that woman to death but she was nuts and everyone knew it!

Yep I am starting to have the exact body my mom had..started going to the gym recently to try and correct that:rolleyes: and I find myself saying some of the stuff she used to..I hate it when I catch myself doing it but as hubby reminds me not all of her was bad..she had alot of good qualities too..I just don't want any of them:D

HaveKids,LostMind
07-25-2002, 12:23 PM
I may resemble my Mother, but there is no way I will ever become her. Ya see, in our relationship, I am more like the Mother and my Mom is more like the Daughter.

My Mom is immature, ccareless with her money and often makes bad decisions.

I am totally opposite.

I cant remember any sayings my Mom used to use when I was little. She wasnt around all that much. I was raised by my Dad. My Mom's Mother had to force my Mother to come and get me and my little sister for weekend visitations.

Me? I love spending time with my 3 tweedles. Even if my hubby and I ever split, there is no way possible that I would let my kids live with their father much less have to be bribed to visit with them.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Mom to death now, I just hate to have to watch her and wonder when she is finally going to grow up.:rolleyes:

kelblend
07-25-2002, 12:38 PM
refuse to even acknowledge the possibility here!!

my mom's mom was an alcoholic--mom was until the stroke
mom depends on everyone (not cause of the stroke- I mean before that)

nope and I refuse to say when my kid asks for something he can't have that people in hell want ice water!!!

denial denial denial and I ain't talkin a river in Egypt!!:D

missymommy
07-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Hasn't yet , but wouldn't be such a bad thing. :D For me. :D

Widgetsx3
07-25-2002, 02:15 PM
Probably the first time I actually introduced myself as Christian's Mommy. Then, as my kids got older their friends refer to me as Christian's Mom or Robert's Mom.

mizjen
07-25-2002, 02:22 PM
I realized I was (a little!) like both my parents the first time I told my daughter, "Now, what that so hard?" Unfortunately my parents were there to hear it too. They laughed so hard they could barely stand, and then they started giving each other high fives.:D :rolleyes: :p I couldn't believe it.

Lioncub
07-25-2002, 02:54 PM
If I ever turn into my mother I hope dh takes me out and shoots me, seriously!

flute
07-25-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by marci-h
that you had become your mother?

The last hissy fit I threw. I ended up busting this thing my candles sat on. I am my mother through & through. I don't want to be her........but I am :( And, I don't know how to stop it!! Paxil so didn't work1!