PDA

View Full Version : NORML News

Jaidness
07-25-2002, 12:11 PM
The Massachusetts State Legislature is poised to pass a law that will
lessen penalties for marijuana possession! A rider has been added to the proposed state budget that would give Massachusetts judges the authority to flip criminal marijuana charges to be civil offenses. This would mean offenders would not have to hire a lawyer, face a criminal record, loss of drivers license, etc. Instead they would pay a small fine like a traffic ticket.
YOUR HELP NEEDED!
This change is threatened by Massachusetts prosecutors, who are pressuring Governor Jane Swift to veto the measure in the next few days. You can make a big difference right now by making one phone call to the governor's office and urging her to approve the proposal. Tell her that you SUPPORT this change.
Governor Jane Swift - (617) 727-6250

Please call the governor's office ASAP and tell the aide that:
1) You urge Governor Swift to allow judges to change marijuana possession
to a civil offense
2) Give your name and the town where you live
3) If you wish, describe in a sentence or two why you think the law should be changed.

For further details please refer to the cover story in today's Boston
Herald:

http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/pot07252002.htm

denisemm
07-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Yee-haw! They are trying to do something similar here. THey want it to not be illegal to posess less than an ounce (or something like that). I'm all for it!

marquez8370
07-25-2002, 01:37 PM
YES! :D YES! :D YES! :D

badswife
07-25-2002, 02:04 PM
wish they would do that here!!:(

Ladytiger
07-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Yeah, what Raven said!

mrs.john
07-25-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost

I think the feds should just legalize it and be done with the whole mess.

I agree! Think of the tax money they could make off of that:D

Jaidness
07-25-2002, 05:05 PM
*phew* I thought I was gonna get majorly flamed if not banned for this post.Its more of an FYI than anything else.

sharinbo
07-25-2002, 05:18 PM
YES! Now if the whole US would follow suit alot of time and money would be saved.

flute
07-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by mrs.john
I agree! Think of the tax money they could make off of that:D

I'm all for that :) Maybe it could go to the po po school districts?? In my fantasy right?? LOL