PDA

View Full Version : Either I'm very brave or out of my mind..........

kidzpca
07-24-2002, 07:57 PM
Some of you may know that earlier this year my 10-year-old has had a health crisis over the past five months. Not knowing if she had Leukemia or not etc.

Well She doesn't have Leukemia but a blood disorder called Myelodysplastic Syndrome that can turn into Leukemia later. Since this all started Crippled Children's insurance has taken over her health bills that my regular insurance doesn't etc.

Also since then a Nurse Manager where I work has been on a rampage to catch all workers' breaking rules etc. Well she has helped make the last few months that much harder to deal with. You see I Have F.M.L.A for the exclusive use for my daughter's treatments and Dr. appointments.

I also work nights from 7p to 7a and making arrangements for appointments is difficult when you work nights and have to sleep days.

Thus far I have only missed 3 days in five months for this purpose. I am allowed 36 in a calandar year. She has even tried to denie me F.M.L.A. days when I have asked for them. (I believe this is against the law and could cause the Hospital trouble if they knew "Attila the R.N's" tactics. Hmmmmmmmmm.............Yet... "Attila the R.N./Unit Coordinator" believes that this is excessive. LOOKS LIKE I COULD BE ON THE "CHOPPING BLOCK" IF "ATTILA" HAS HER WAY.:(

Anyhow, Yesterday the Pediatrics Nurse Manager called me and offered me a day position starting in a month after 7 years on nights.

TODAY I ACCEPTED THE OFFER!:eek:

NOW WHAT!?!?!?!?:confused:

jaybird
07-24-2002, 08:04 PM
I think that's TERRIFIC!!! Congratulations on the job move. With your dot's health issues, it will be much easier working days. Might take your body clock awhile to adjust, but it will be very nice with a family to have a normal working day.

How's your dot doing, by the way?

anarmywife
07-24-2002, 08:07 PM
Congrats on the new job offer!!!!

kidzpca
07-24-2002, 08:17 PM
How's your dot doing, by the way? [/QUOTE]

She's doing GREAT!!! However, still has episodes where she is tired and not at her best but has gotten back to her regular activities.

We have to see her Dr. every couple months for blood counts and other tests. And also any time she is sick or starts to bruise more frequently.

Yet, thus far the Dr feels that the worst that will happen is blood transfusions when her counts get too low etc. And hopefully, the disorder will never progress to Leukemia.

WE JUST KEEP THE FAITH THAT THINGS WILL CONTINUE FOR THE BEST.

Also my daughter is at camp until Monday, all expense paid by an "unknown" donor. So good things are happening for her too.

DeeTee
07-24-2002, 08:20 PM
I also believe that she is breaking the law regarding FMLA. If you were my employee and only missed that much, I would be thrilled! Family has to come first. Congratulations on the shift change. Hope your daughter is doing well.

ckerr4
07-24-2002, 08:36 PM
I would say your boss is breaking the law, and probably a few company policies too. After all, shouldn't you be guaranteed some vacation, or at the very least, personal days? You've missed less than most people without children or without medical problems miss, nevermind people who have kids with medical problems. Good luck with your new shift, it sounds promising.

tina z
07-24-2002, 11:01 PM
((((((((((((kidzpca))))))))))))))) Go for it and take the day job. This sounds like a blessing for your family!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

CARROLIN
07-25-2002, 12:54 AM
I THINK I WOULD CONTACT AN ATTORNEY...

I'M SO GLAD THAT YOUR BABY..(I CALL ALL CHILDREN BABIES)(JUST ME)

ISN'T AS BAD OFF AS WHEN YOU FIRST POSTED. I KNOW YOU ARE STILL
CONCERNED THO...SO ARE WE ALL.

MAYBE NOW AT LEAST YOU CAN CUDDLE WITH HER AT NIGHTS, WHEN, NOT
ONLY SHE WANTS TO, BUT WHEN YOU NEED TOO!!!

GOD IS LOOKING OUT FOR YOU...
AM SO GLAD THAT EVERYTHING IS LOOKING BETTER.

HUGS AND LOVE FROM THE SELBY FAMILY.

kidzpca
07-25-2002, 03:37 AM
I'm both excited and scared for the shift change. But I believe that this change is for the better.

The night Manager/Unit Coordinator has been a "thorn" in my back for some time. She happened to give the worst evaluation I have gotten in the 7 years of my employment back in March when my daughter first became ill and has been relentless ever since.

Other than her "evaluation" of me I haven't been disiplined at all during my employment. Not even for the smallest thing...I swear she is "OUT" to "Make things go HER way". I don't need to put up with the "Juvenile" junk. I have better things to do.

Also, I'm apparently not the only night shift employee to switch to days.

Another Patient Care Assistant (as I am) and Unit Clerk are changing to day shift within the next few weeks. Our driving force....Attila-the Unit Coordinator.

I SMELL "MUTINY" IN THE AIR

Hmmmmmmmmm...........:eek:

midniteblu2
07-25-2002, 08:57 AM
Has that woman not heard the word 'COMPASSION'?

Congrats on the new job & lots of love to you & your daughter.

MommyG3
07-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Congrats on the new job. As for "Atilia", well she can go stick a needle up her butt. Hee hee. Seriously, I know a little about the med profession and for you to have a sick child and that woman not help you is not right. Luckily, you will not have to deal with her much more. GL

smeans
07-25-2002, 09:19 AM
congratulations on the new job. i wish you and your family the best. and give your daughter a bigbig hug from me!!

((((kidzpca}}}

ajksmom
07-25-2002, 12:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW JOB/SCHEDULE!!!:D :D

I HOPE YOUR DAUGHTER CONTINUES TO DO WELL WITH HER ILLNESS.:) :)