PDA

View Full Version : You are Not going to beleive this A FISH THAT CAN WALK ON LAND this is for real

kerri_nc
07-24-2002, 07:55 PM
I just saw on the news NO JOKE HONEST I SWEAR, a fish that some idiot brought from japan or some overseas place that devores(cant spell it anther words eat the crap out of)other fish and can get out of the water "walk" on land and stay out of the water for 3 whole figin days! If i see a fish out of the water walkin i am using it as a football........and yellen touch down. it was on the wb22 news. this fish is sooooo ugly. I wish i knew the website to the station so some one will belive me. I KNOW someone that lives in nc near me as to have seen this please say if you really saw this broadcast so know one thinks i am totally nuts

captorquewrench
07-24-2002, 07:57 PM
it is chinese.

some people had them in maryland.

got too big for the tank.

they dumped them in a pond thinking it would be OK since they couldnt take care of it.

these are very aggressive fish and its causing a lot of trouble.

kerri_nc
07-24-2002, 07:58 PM
OH I FORGOT THE FOOLS SAID THAT THEY WHERE BOUGHT SO THEY CAN MAKE GET THIS.........SOUP!

THANK you now everyone will not think i am totally nuts LOL

Kyla Kym
07-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by kerri_nc
I KNOW someone that lives in nc near me as to have seen this please say if you really saw this broadcast so know one thinks i am totally nuts
*raising hand*
I seen it last night on TV too :D
I think it was called a snake head fish ??
Said they were eating up all the other fish and they where going to have to do something about it.

kerri_nc
07-24-2002, 08:21 PM
thank you thank you i was half a sleep when i saw it and now i am wide awake when they said it walk on land. thanks for saying you saw it on the news tonight to. what do you think about this ugly fish?

Kyla Kym
07-24-2002, 08:32 PM
*LOL*
well I thought he was ugly too !
but I was wanting to see it walk on land like they where saying. LOL
the channel I seen it on they where just talking about it and never showed it walking. :-) Did you get to see it walk on your news station? :-)

ahippiechic
07-24-2002, 08:35 PM
You can read about them here............

http://news.yahoo.com/fctmpl=fc&cid=34&in=science&cat=environment_and_nature_news

or watch a video clip here.............

http://www.sunspot.net/news/bal-wmar-snakehead0709.quicktime

kerri_nc
07-24-2002, 09:10 PM
No i did not see it walk but it has huge fippers or some werid thing it could have been an over size fin and it just wobbles i guess but if i see one i am running up to it and kicking it as far as i can kick it. they are dangours!

Jolie Rouge
07-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Try the thread entitled - " Are "FLESH-EATING" Fish Near YOU !!!! " - in the Hey, how are things? (Off Topic Chat)
forum of Big Big Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?threadid=209600&goto=newpost

kerri_nc
07-24-2002, 09:45 PM
NICE, I did not know they already posted it or i would have not posted it here sorrrrrrryyyyyyy. thank s for the photos

Jolie Rouge
07-24-2002, 09:49 PM
originally posted by kerri_nc : NICE, I did not know they already posted it or i would have not posted it here sorrrrrrryyyyyyy. thank s for the photos

Don't be silly. I was responding to your post :

...as to have seen this please say if you really saw this broadcast so know one thinks i am totally nuts...

kerri_nc
07-24-2002, 10:07 PM
ooppsssssss i am so sorry i read that totally wrong i took it as i had already posted and i was reposting stuff. sorry but thanks for letting me know others are hearing about it to. :p :p :p :p :p

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} SORRY FOR BEING MEAN I JUST THOUGHY YOU WHERE FUSSING CUZ I MADE A REPOST, I AM GETTING VERY SLEEPY SO MY EYES SEE WHAT THEY WANT RIGHT NOW. AGAIN I APLOGY TO YOU.

Jolie Rouge
07-24-2002, 10:11 PM
NO WORRIES, MON !

I had looked up the story because I was trying to tell my Hubby about it - and HE didn't believe me ! LOL So I sicced CNN on him ! :)

odyssey
07-24-2002, 10:21 PM
on our news they said China. But these live 3 days on dry land. FREAKY!! scarey movie in life

GodBlessAmerica
07-24-2002, 11:50 PM
With sharp teeth and powerful jaws, big
snakeheads can bite other fish in half.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

A recipe for watercress soup with snakehead fish
can be found at Chinese food recipe
Web site: http://www.foodno1.com.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MommyG3
07-25-2002, 06:41 AM
I think I have actually seen posters of this fish up around the lakes here.

Jolie Rouge
07-25-2002, 12:14 PM
They wanna get rid of these fish - put recipes on the posters and schedule a "cook-off" ! The Cajuns will clear them out ! LOL