PDA

View Full Version : Any steven king fans out there??

flute
07-24-2002, 06:53 PM
I'm watching this steven king film on ABC right now & I dunno what it's called.

It started w/a boy playing in the snow & 3 big black panthers or something was coming after him & then they disappeared, but then there were these 3 bush things out there w/no snow on them..
Then the clock and "redrum" (murder) showed on the wall.

And, Rebecca dmornay, some kid, brian from wings, some black man's in it & a ballroom full of dead people.

I think they're in a hotel, but like I said there's only those few people & the dead peeps.....what the L am I watching???

BrightEyes
07-24-2002, 06:55 PM
The Shining

flute
07-24-2002, 06:57 PM
ty bright eyes. off to watch it :)

anarmywife
07-24-2002, 07:11 PM
that is one of the scariest books ever!! the part with bushes made me want to pee my pants!!!!- Have you ever seen friends? Joey reads the shining and when hes not reading it he keeps it in the freezer because its so scary lol.

ahippiechic
07-24-2002, 07:13 PM
The one that's on now is the remake. It's a mini series, not the movie. He re-did it because he didn't care for the way the movie was done. This one is better! :p

flute
07-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
This one is better! :p

this one is freakin the living life right outta me!! & I REALLY wish my dot would SLEEP! GAhhh

ahippiechic
07-24-2002, 07:53 PM
This is last night of it, yyou missed the 1st 2 parts, LOL!

ahippiechic
07-24-2002, 07:55 PM
This is last night of it, you missed the 1st 2 parts, LOL!
OK, it's coming on here now, so I'm gonna go watch, LOL! (Even tho, I've watched it to death, I can't NOT watch it!) :p

flute
07-24-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
This is last night of it, yyou missed the 1st 2 parts, LOL!

Yea, I kinda figured that. Can someone clue me in?? LOL

jaybird
07-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Watch King's "Children of the Corn" sometime (that's the name of the book, guessing the movie has the same name)

You may never look at Isabel in the same way again. :D

I gave up Stephen King. He got too weird, even for me! :eek:

((hiya flutey patootey))

flute
07-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
Watch King's "Children of the Corn" sometime (that's the name of the book, guessing the movie has the same name)

You're telling ME to watch "children of the corn" Honey I watched it YEARS ago..and 2..and part of 3...but when it got to the whole barbie doll thingy, I was like "OMG FAKE!!!!" LOL, and sis & I never did finish it.......dude that guy in #2 was a CUTIE :)

{{{jaybirdy}}}

ahippiechic
07-24-2002, 08:50 PM
"When Jack Torrance got a job as winter caretaker of the Overlook Hotel, a magnificent summer resort in the heart of the Rockie's, his family thought it was a second chance. But, once the Torrance's arrive at the Overlook, strange things begin to happen. Danny, Jack's clairvoyant son, is stalked by a "real" ghost. Wendy, Jack's beautiful wife, begins to hear frightening noises at night. Jack is chased by fierce topiary animals. Little do the Torrance's that the Overlook has a life of its own, with special plans in mind for the Torrance's. The Overlook has been waiting for a child like Danny, a child with the power to unleash a whole, new world of evil and horror. Welcome to the Overlook, where some guests will never leave, where some memories will never die. Where some terrors are just beginning......"

"Children of the Corn" (the 1st one) was based on a short story by King. It was in the book, "NIGHT SHIFT". I have all his books, in 1st editions, he's my fave author! I bought "Carrie" in 1979, & that's all it took!
:p

flute
07-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Ahh makes a tad bit more sense now..all that mumbling about "that's' my job" it was his job. I thought he was bitter & saying that LOL!

muahahahah.

Carrie, LOVED IT. Cujo even too :) rocked :)

HunnyB
07-25-2002, 04:36 PM
Stephen King is my all time fave author!!! Loved the book Cujo so much when we got our puppy we named him Kujo (I know it isn't spelled with a K but I was trying to be original :) even though he's not a Saint Bernard (he's a spoiled rotten German Shepherd) nHave all of his books...

flute
07-25-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by HunnyB
(he's a spoiled rotten German Shepherd)

Aren't they all?? Mine is sooo....BIG LOL

picklepuss
07-25-2002, 07:48 PM
King is The Master!!I have read all his stuff probably 3-4 times each.:D :p :D

mmcarter67
07-26-2002, 02:08 AM
Steven King lives about 30 minutes from my house and he is almost as scarey, Looks wise, as his books are.

captorquewrench
07-26-2002, 08:27 AM
All righty! I love The Shining!!!

Ravenlost, I think jessie and Shaunnessy could be related.......she was doing something in a voice that was creepy onetime so i told her to tell daddy "REDRUM" in that voice.

Now, she does it all the time. Scary. Call Grandma on the phone......"REDRUM" unlce sam on the phone "REDRUM"

VISITORS AT CHURCH:

"REDRUM"

(she can be pretty morbid, even at 5 yrs old, last night i did my nails red, she said they were like bloody claws and that it was COOL)

my mom cannot watch The Shining. Jack Nicholson was too much like my dad in looks and actions in that role. Part of what makes it so farking scary for me too.......

FYI all.........yes my dad was a homicidal sex abusing psycho, I am nNOT exaggerating when I say he wa slike Jack in THe Shining. EVERYONE who knew him when the movie was out even comented on the resemblance. YES our lives were a nightmare with him around.

But I still LOVE jack nicholson, and especially The SHining.

Now I have to wait for this remake miniseries to be released on video.

I really liked Rose Red! Who saw it? Me & dahubby watched it in a marathon session on night till 2AM.

ahippiechic
07-26-2002, 08:36 AM
I taped Rose Red, then watched it all at once, too! I thought it was really good. I like "The Stand" best, it gives me nightmares everytime I read it. :p I also really like the Dark Tower series, wish he would hurry up on the next one, LOL! :D When the "Green Mile" series was coming out, I could read one in about 45 minutes, then have to wait a whole month for the next one! I wish he would do another series like that.

shell76
07-26-2002, 11:41 AM
My fave Stephen King book is Insomnia! When I saw that that a movie Insomnia was coming out starring Robin Williams, I automatically thought it was gonna be based on King's book, imagine my utter disappointment when I found out I was wrong!!!!:( I wish they would make it into a movie, I'd like to see those special effects (auras, little doctors) on the big screen!

Angeleyez
07-26-2002, 12:02 PM
Me too Shell76!! I couldn't wait go watch the movie and then it wasn't based on the book! I think those auras are so cool I must have read that book about 10 times along with all of his other ones!!

ahippiechic
07-26-2002, 12:48 PM
I would love to see Insomnia as a movie also! I think the auras & the little bald doc's footprints would look too cool.

miccit
07-26-2002, 01:17 PM
I love Stephen King! I only got to see the first part of Rose Red and was so disappointed. I will have to go rent it.

I always kind of wonder about him though. Makes you wonder what kind of childhood the man had to have grown up to be that morbid?

I have never been able to read The Shining all the way through. It gives me horrible nightmares. I have to be like Joey on Friends. Did you see the episode where he keeps the Shining book in the freezer?

Didn't that guy that hit King die mysteriously?