PDA

View Full Version : i need some help

djkismet
07-24-2002, 01:31 AM
does anyone know of a free credit check site.i think i am being identity theft!!!! i need one where you dont have to put in a credit card #... anyone know of any.. please let me know...
thanks
dawn
:confused:

Okiechick
07-24-2002, 01:34 AM
Dawn, the ones such as www.freecreditreport.com and the like, even though they say it is free, really isn't. There is usually a fee of $9.95 or close to it. If you do find a free one, will you let us know?

Thanks!

Lasher
07-24-2002, 01:37 AM
You can get your credit report free from equifax once every 12 months all you have to do is call this number

To Request a Consumer File Disclosure from Equifax by Phone:

mesue
07-24-2002, 01:41 AM
Do a search for equifax, at least I think thats a credit reporting agency, you are entitled to one free report a year I think and you are also entitled to one if you've been turned down for a credit, look up their phone number and call them its a recording you get and you just state your information and they send you your information in bout a week I think, its been awhile since i called for mine, most people say to check it on at least a yearly basis. You can also have them put statements you want to make about certain accounts on there and if anything is incorrect they have to take it off and if something is on there more than seven years its supposed to be taken off too. I hope all the info I've given you is correct its been awhile since I dealt with these issues, they mesed ours up by putting someone else info in with ours, all of it bad of course it took us three years to get it removed. Good Luck!

CARROLIN
07-24-2002, 02:29 AM
TRY WWW.FREECREDITCHECK.COM (HAVEN'T TRIED IT THO.)

SAW IT ON T.V. TODAY

SMILES.