PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Else Get This SPAM Email...?

Yasha
07-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Dear yasha@mechwarriorcenter.com,
I am e-mailing you because I have seen your posts on discussion boards such as BigBigDeals, and feel that you are fairly influential user on that site. I am in the process of creating an all-new forum/discussion board online, and wish to invite you to become one of the charter members of that board. I am aiming to make my board become the center of the online shopping world, providing links to the greatest deals, reviews of the stores, coupon codes needed to save money, and links to wonderful referral programs online. I have seen some of the posts you have made, and I realize that they deal primarily with new Internet deals. I greatly welcome these posts to the forums (in fact, encourage them), and hope that you will be able to help out.
If you are interested, please check out the forums on my site. Just check for the link down below. If you are not interested, I apologize for bothering you, but thank you for taking the time to read my message. I look forward to potentially seeing you at the discussion boards sometime soon!

-Ryan (moderator) at Ellisgolf.com

Site: http://www.ellisgolf.com
Forums: http://www.ellisgolf.com/forums

Grrrr.. why do people do this.....?

nosamiam
07-23-2002, 09:30 PM
I didn't get that email.

ahippiechic
07-23-2002, 09:49 PM
I got it oo. :(

Lasher
07-23-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
I got it too. :(

ditto

DeeTee
07-23-2002, 09:56 PM
I didn't, and that's okay with me.

flute
07-23-2002, 09:57 PM
I got it once.....he got my email from the board & did that...not this board, another one..I joint it & it's SOO dead. UGHN.

menanamama
07-23-2002, 09:58 PM
same here...got it and not too pleased. but i just ignore it.

Yasha
07-23-2002, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know if the person who emailed this out is a member of this board? Or did he just harvest emails for his own board..?

ahippiechic
07-23-2002, 10:46 PM
Don't know if they're a member here or not, I got it in my spam account, I also use that one on here. I checked the site out, pretty boring looking, so I just deleted the email. No biggie. :)

kassismom
07-24-2002, 12:28 AM
I haven't gotten it yet

Queensown
07-24-2002, 01:01 AM
Yup, I got that one myself.