PDA

View Full Version : After 7 years of night shift....

kidzpca
07-23-2002, 05:20 PM
My Nurse Manager has offered me a Day position.

She wants an answer by Friday....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............:confused: :eek: :cool: ;) :D :) :p

I've wanted to switch shifts for about five years now and...I suppose some of my co-workers will be :rolleyes: jealous or quite :mad: angry.

Hmmmmmmmmm.............

What should I do?:confused:

tina z
07-23-2002, 06:22 PM
What you should do depends on your family. I would pray, then talk to my hubby and then my kids. This seems really neat! :) :) :)

lameduch27
07-23-2002, 08:09 PM
Bless your heart. I worked 10 years on the midnight shift (10pm-6am), and I was tired ALL the time. I did it originally so I could see my kids more (nursing hours are terrible, if you work days, you're not home to see your kids off to school, and I HAD to be home to "doll" my daughter up for school, if you work evenings, you're not home during the kids "awake" hours, and midnights, well, at least your home when they are awake, but, then you have to keep yourself awake to see them). I actually lucked out by LOSING my job last year. I'm now in a job that, I will pretty much be working during the time that they are at school, and other times, I'll only be coming in a couple of hours after they get home. I hope your schedule works out for you, because a daytime job is 10 X's better than working nights.

{{{kidzpca}}}

Princess of Power #1
07-24-2002, 12:39 AM
Always hated nite shift, never flet like I got enough sleep.

Queensown
07-24-2002, 12:47 AM
Well, I would be the one to disagree lol... I LOVE night shift! With what DH and I are doing now, I don't get to pull it very often, but I find I'm usually at my sharpest between say midnight and 6 am. And I prefer sleeping in the day... LOL Go figure.

kidzpca
07-24-2002, 05:19 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............;)

7 years of 12 hour night shifts from 7pm to 7am. Starting to feel tired all the time, unnecessary weight gain, stress of sometimes little or no sleep between shifts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............:confused:

Having a daughter that has been newly diagnosed with a blood disorder that has the potencial to turn into leukemia and consistant day treatment/Doctor visits and a night Manager that acts more and more like Nurse Rachet (One Flew Over the Cucoo's Nest) (She's also Unit Coordinator-and she tries to "Nail" every employee "breaking" rules etc...... AND SHE FREQUENTLY REFUSES AND DENIES TO GIVE ME MY F.M.L.A. FOR MY DAUGHTER'S MEDICAL TREATMENTS.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............:D

I'm going to days and I'm accepting the day possition TODAY!!!!!!!