PDA

View Full Version : meridia?

PrncsNYC
07-23-2002, 02:25 AM
has anyone used this? My momgot a Rx but I am worried about it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ksjayhawkfan
07-23-2002, 07:53 AM
I havent used it but a good friend of mine did. She had no trouble with it at all. The biggest thing she had trouble with was a little dry mouth. She didnt have any trouble getting off the RX when she had lost all the weight she wanted and she did keep it off(until she ended up pregnant:) ) Thats all the info I can give ya so I hope it all goes well for your mom

Ladytiger
07-23-2002, 05:35 PM
My friend got addicted to it- when she took it, she was like TAZ all day, then would drop around 1 or 2 from exhaustion. She always lost the weight but then when she stopped, which the docs always had to make her do, the weight came back.

Love me just a lil bit fluffy or not at all.

PrncsNYC
07-23-2002, 05:38 PM
ksjayhawkfan and ladytiger,

Thank you for the input.

My mom is 5'7 and 250 lbs. she has trouble walking and is always in pain. IT's not fluff in her case. I am always worried about her. I just want her to be healthy . she can't do anything physical bc of the pain and she would be able to if she just lost some weight. I don't know what to tell her now. I've got one good and one bad experience.

Ladytiger
07-23-2002, 06:26 PM
I understand, what I was saying, is that in my case, it's not worth my health and all the times that she was trying to get me to do it, a little voice said "no", I am glad because then I found out that the weight gain I had was due to hypothyroidism. Do a search on www.google.com and get more info. I am just telling what I have seen with the stuff...that's what I meant about the fluff (me).
Good luck Hon:p

janelle
07-23-2002, 09:03 PM
Why do doctors put people on uppers to lose weight? My mother couldn't sleep at night and was sleepy during the day, had no appetite and got depressed. She lost weight alright but her health as well. Changed doctors and he put her in the hospital to run numerous tests. Just took her off the uppers and she ended up on a tranquilzer for years after that.

What was really aggravating was she told the doctor she felt horrible on the drug and he told her to keep taking it that she was pigging and needed it. Quack. :mad:

odyssey
07-25-2002, 11:52 AM
I just got the prescription written today.

I got excited when the Dr. gave me a 25% coupon and 40% off further months refills.

SHOCK OF MY DAY: cost the lowest is Costco at $107.39
and the highest is $139.99 at Rite Aid. even with the coupon I just can't pay $90.00 at once at least with junk food it was a little here and $5.00 there.

This is the price I have to pay so be it. Any rebates for it??

editing to add if you might be in need of the coupons for it call 1-888-340-2159 very friendly people over there

PrncsNYC
07-25-2002, 11:55 AM
139.99 at rite-aid!?!?1 oh no! that is where my mom would be getting it filled and I had given her that cooupon too but I don't think she can swing that!

:(

odyssey
07-25-2002, 12:04 PM
yes I was shocked, call around all pharmacies for the best price and go to the website. www.meridia.net

you don't have to be a costco member to pharmacy**