PDA

View Full Version : The ClutterBug Support Group...enter at your own risk!

Ladytiger
07-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Do you have a problem with clutter? Is clutter taking over your house?
Can you not have people over and wish you could? Do you look around at everything and say "I am just going to get rid of all this stuff", only to get so overwhelmed that nothing gets done??
If this is you, please take a seat, post your triumphs, as well as your defeats.
* This is a very touchy subject for some, no bashing will be tolerated* People that would like to be supportive, please understand that we don't understand the words "just throw it away"- so much easier said than done. If you want to be supportive, listen, and suggest things in baby steps- also, we have done the FlyLady thing as well.
I am trying to get a separate forum made for us- this will take time. In the meantime, welcome to the unveiling of the ClutterBug Support Group!!!
Also- I will be emailing all that emailed me with the snail mail addys of all members, so that we can "spread some sunshine", we all can use some from time to time. Be known that I am doing research and will be incorporating some Feng Shui tips- an Eastern way of decorating that produces positive energy as well as other aspects.
Soooo.for right now, get comfy, do whatever you would like...and enjoy- this is not only my gift to all of you, it is helping me:p

magicwoman19
07-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Can I be apart of your group???? I need to get uncluttered too!

Ladytiger
07-22-2002, 07:19 PM
Welcome Magic, of course, just send me your snail mail addy just4myfriendz@yahoo.com
What we will do in here, is try to help each other, I am doing some research on articles, etc..if someone is having a problem, we will all try and help them- if someone is doing well, then we will cheer them on!

jaybird
07-22-2002, 07:28 PM
But I LIKE my clutter. I know where everything is at...

It's under the CLUTTER!

jaybird
07-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ladytiger
What we will do in here, is try to help each other..if someone is having a problem, we will all try and help them

OHHH! That's how it works. Sweet. Now load your butts up and get to Columbia and unclutter my house and life!

tina z
07-22-2002, 07:31 PM
But I LIKE my clutter. I know where everything is at...
It's under the CLUTTER! ROFLMBO Same here Jaybirdie! And if I clean it up, then the other peeps that live here just add more.:) :) :) :) :rolleyes: :) :)

flute
07-22-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Ladytiger
Welcome Magic, of course, just send me your snail mail addy just4myfriendz@yahoo.com

you did recieve mine right??

Ladytiger
07-22-2002, 08:12 PM
yep, flute, I got yours...this is for people that seriously want to get rid of the clutter monster- for some people, it has begun to infere with other things, for some, it causes arguements, for some it seems hopeless- there is hope, and we will all beat this...wonder where all 20 people that sent me emails are...this is the debut;)

babystar0729
07-22-2002, 09:31 PM
I need help. I can have the living room clean, I cannot use a bathroom if is not clean so I clean mine very often, but what I find the hardest is to put away clothes and my room.

I go to the laundry, wash, dry, hang and fold then put it in lundry baskets but it takes me more than a day to put them away!! I know if I do it right after I finish foldig it wont be that much but... I never do it. I wait for the basket to get full and then it looks like a lot of work...

any sugestions?

janelle
07-22-2002, 10:33 PM
I joined the fly lady but she told me to go to bed. What's with that? Probably right but I don't wanna. Also she wants me to completely dress every day enen shoes. I don't wear my shoes at home. I'm always taking them off. I'm comfy in my slippers.

I need to stop putting things on table tops but need to find a place for them without forgetting I have them. Did that make sense?

Talk about arguments. OMG. My hubby is just as much a clutterbug but we argue over each others clutter. His office versus my side of the bedroom. The clutter stand off.

Ladytiger
07-22-2002, 10:41 PM
Yes, some of us are doing Flylady too...it's very overwhelming.
babystar0729- I have the same problem, and I have a washer in the house! Also, I get sidetracked and forget there is a load in the washer waiting to go into the dryer, then I have to wash them all over again.
A suggestion to you would be, maybe do smaller loads? That is what I have found is helpful, and also the Fall get rid of the clothes that you haven't worn in a year- makes alot of room. And lately what I have been doing is, a load of towels, dry them, and immediately put them away, same with the next load, and don't start another one until the basket is empty..maybe this will help:p

babystar0729
07-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Yes, that makes sense... I will try that!

thanks

Ladytiger
07-23-2002, 03:18 PM
I have a question...if I made my own page or board with this supoort group, would you guys like that?

Tadbit
07-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Ladytiger, can I join your clutterbug group? We have 3 clutterbugs living in my house, me included. My coffee table always catches everything, the mail, our drink glasses, or anything else I happen to be using while I'm vegging on the couch. And laundry? I won't even go there. That is probably one of my dh's worst compliants. He keeps saying one of these days we are going to catch the house on fire, by not putting it away. He's probably right but the laundry room is downstairs and I'm more concerned with the clutter upstairs that keeps me from letting people in my house. I get tired of apologizing all the time for the mess. Just ask my daughter, she gets sick of hearing me apologize every time she comes over.

Widgetsx3
07-23-2002, 03:46 PM
<shoving all the junk from the desk> I am here, I am here! But I have no idea where to start....help

Ladytiger
07-23-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Tadbit
Ladytiger, can I join your clutterbug group? We have 3 clutterbugs living in my house, me included. My coffee table always catches everything, the mail, our drink glasses, or anything else I happen to be using while I'm vegging on the couch. And laundry? I won't even go there. That is probably one of my dh's worst compliants. He keeps saying one of these days we are going to catch the house on fire, by not putting it away. He's probably right but the laundry room is downstairs and I'm more concerned with the clutter upstairs that keeps me from letting people in my house. I get tired of apologizing all the time for the mess. Just ask my daughter, she gets sick of hearing me apologize every time she comes over.

Tadbit, everyone is welcome here, open invitation, all I ask is that you send me (just4myfriendz@yahoo.com)your snail mail addy with your real/BBS name so that we can "uplift" each other- send little cards, little pick-me-ups to whoever we want to...and of course, the main thing about this group is to post what our problems are, and our triumphs, etc..it's a support group...Have fun

Ladytiger
07-23-2002, 06:33 PM
I am going to brag ad maybe inspire some of you...Despite FLO being in town, I managed to go through more of my boxes. Understand that these boxes and always things that I "mean to get to, recipes, crafts, etc..I emptied a whole show box, a whole basket, and another box, I found coupons from 2000!! (No snide comments, pls remember the rules) anyway, I am now 3 boxes less and I am beginning to see the other side of the table. Hmm, maybe when I get the whole table done, I will get some wildflowers and daisies???
Anyway, I am done for the night- and very tired, but I have to admit that it really feels good throwing away that stuff- oh, and of course, about 10 magazines too.
Froggy, here is a suggestion about the catalogs, I have always held on to them in case I get the money, well, now what I do, is rip out the part with the addy, write down the web address, and throw the catalog away...threw away about 20 today:p

And what did everyone else do today??

janelle
07-23-2002, 08:27 PM
I acually folded my laundry and put it away today instead of leaving it on the bed where I dump it. Two loads and did both. My hubby can now find his socks in the drawer instead of going downstaires to retreave them. Yeah for me. Send me a card everybody. LOL

babystar0729
07-23-2002, 09:04 PM
I cleaned my living room today and emptied half a box from the garage ( I have like 20 more to go through) I havent been able to clean my room. I bought a little something today to put in my room to see if that would motivate me to clean it but I still didnt. I want to see my room clean and pretty. It doesnt need that much work, but still.... I made my bed today, cleaned the bathroom, kitchen and baby's room.

My bedroom, dining room and garage are my weakest points!!

Tomorrow I want to leave my room clean and perfect. THEN, reward myself with BBS... hopefully I will get it done!!

pookyjo2
07-23-2002, 10:36 PM
nneeed .. hlp w/ d-clttring

can't reach kybaord thru clutter

Just kidding. I need help. The worst thing is that my kids think the house is SUPPOSED to look like this. Like, I say "clean your room" and Zak says "it is" and you can't even find a path to the dresser. YIKES!!! HELP!!!!

oh, and if anyone needs magazines from the last YEAR they are under my living room coffee table.... actually, they may be what is holding up my living room coffee table.

Jolie Rouge
07-23-2002, 11:02 PM
I go to the laundry, wash, dry, hang and fold then put it in lundry baskets but it takes me more than a day to put them away!! I know if I do it right after I finish foldig it wont be that much but... I never do it. I wait for the basket to get full and then it looks like a lot of work...
You are supposed to put them AWAY ?
Our laundry gets washed dried folded and stacked on the couch until the kids knock it over then it just gets tossed back on the couch until "later"...

My hubby can now find his socks in the drawer instead of going downstaires to retreave them
I HATE folding underwear & matching socks. HATE. I have a basket that I toss all the clean socks & undies in. If hubby wants them in the drawer he can fold them himself. Apearantly it doesn't bother him too much.

Widgetsx3
07-24-2002, 08:06 AM
Ummmmm, I went to Wally World, and actually unloaded EVERY bag (not just the cold stuff...hey it is 109 degrees here, and I wanna sit down) and put all the bags in the new bag holder. Then I did dishes, ran the dishwasher and....get this....actually unloaded the dishwasher instead of using the clean dishes straight out of the washer. Impressed???? I sure as he!! was.

Now...the laundry.....this may take some serious phsychological help!

magicwoman19
07-24-2002, 09:28 AM
Okay, here goes!!! I am going to take all the mags that I have with Reba on em and throw em away! I was saving em for something! Oh yeah if they were ever worth anything one day!!! SOOOOOO I am gonna do it! I am just gonna throw em all away!! This isn't just a couple, this is a whole crat full of em! Oh This is going to be soooooo haaaaaaarrrrrrrddddddd to do!! But here goes!!!