PDA

View Full Version : I need Immigration help

PrincessArky
07-08-2002, 06:42 PM
If anyone knows anything that would help me in filling out the paper work to get my soon to be hubby over here to the states I sure would be very grateful if you would drop me a line at princessarky@hotmail.com

PrincessArky
07-08-2002, 09:18 PM
Oh girl thank you so much for trying to help and until your next mail I will continue to have my fingers crossed :)

intheboot
07-09-2002, 05:23 AM
I just emailed you, then re-read your post. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Keep in touch

heartlvrs
07-09-2002, 05:56 AM
Say WHAT????!!!! YOU havent told me nothing about this:(......but Congrats:)

withnohalo
07-09-2002, 06:19 AM
My husband is Canadian, but born in China, and we did not realize he needed papers to come to the states for us to get married. We innocently by passed the red tape. He bought an airplane ticket leaving Seattle and rode a bus from Canada into the U.S. At the border he said he was traveling. We had no problems filing our papers at the courthouse and a minister married us the next day.
We have not followed through with his U.C. immigration yet because it was so expensive. I got my Canadian residency a year ago. It took one year and it costs about $1,700. They say it is more expensive to get a U.S. residency. Too bad he was not in California when clinton handed out all the green cards ( was it green cards or residency status?) LOL
Anyway I said all that to say this....I think you want to get a fiance visa. I am not sure how that works, but they say that is easier than getting a visa after you are married. When we tried visiting my parents 2 years ago, they did not want to let us in to the U.S. And I am a freakin citizen!! I hope you do not encounter lots of problems with the borders. Big pain.
I found lots of info on visas and stuff from going to ask Jeeves.
Where is your soon to be hubby from?

heartlvrs
07-09-2002, 07:54 AM
I gave these to austrianchick maybe these links will help you as well.

Here are some excellent guidelines! Please forgive my tardiness in answering but my internet service has been down for a while. PLMK if this helps you. Thanks!

1. Easiest to do: http://www.marriagegreencard.com/ Call these people at their toll free number and ask!
MarriageGreenCard.com
Law Offices of Earl S. David, Esq.
110 Wall Street, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10005

info@marriagegreencard.com
Toll Free: 888.645.6272
Fax: 212.742.0438

2. http://immigration.about.com/gi/dyn...iage_visas.html

3. Get Legal Advice From Local Immigration Lawyers
Submit one form and within hours receive up to five responses from US Immigration Lawyers in your area. Free Service.
http://www.respond.com/shopping/sho...11&src=158&db=1

4. READ CLOSE!! http://www.h1bbachelor.com/legal/brieflook.shtml

heartlvrs
07-09-2002, 01:44 PM
I am putting this in for princessarky at her request :

Hey I can't get this to post on BBS, maybe they banned me or something? Anyway whenever you get a chance would you post this one my immigration post, I don't want everyone thinking that I am not interesting in them posting on it.

I am sorry I that I didn't even think to send ya an email about this but thing have moved up several notches soooooooooooo fast hehe. I met Steve in June (in person) and that was it we knew that everything we have been feeling for over 2 years on the net was real and so much more. The 3rd day we were together he asked me to marry him (we had talked generally about it before) and you better believe that was one question that I didn't have to think about. My kids love him to pieces and Steve just adores them like I can't put into words. I just see my life falling into place and it is the MOST wonderful feeling I have ever had in my life. After all the pain from the ex husband which still he tries to continue with; my life, my kids lives will head out on a happy note just as soon as we get Steve over here. To answer the other question of where he is from, Steve is from Australia and we met on ICQ April 2000 and has taken us this long to get to where we are heading now but sure was worth the trip :)

So lady did I blow your mind or what? hehe I know I blew my own when I feel in love with this guy over the past 2 yrs and being with him in person was oh so like falling in love over and over again....... a feeling that I want to hold onto. After all the pain in my life and the terrible things that have come my way I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

PrincessArky
07-09-2002, 11:06 PM
Hey girl thank you so much for posting that for me not sure what my problem was earlier but fixed now :)

PrincessArky
10-16-2002, 07:02 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that thanx to cab92 putting me in touch with a friend of hers Steve and I got in touch with an immigration lawyer in New York. Well it took only 28 days and we are so approved. The only thing now is Steve will do an interview at the Embassy there in Australia and from then on out he will be free to come on over and stay :) OMG I just so excited I can't even put it into words.

Jaidness
10-16-2002, 07:15 AM
congrats!Good luck to you and Heartlvrs