PDA

View Full Version : POLL : My first car ....

Jolie Rouge
06-23-2002, 09:55 PM
Large enough to hold my 10 closest friends. ( 16% )

Not able to start without a jump. ( 14% )

Stocked with a keg in the trunk. ( 16% )

Unreliable over 45 mph. ( 23% )

The first place I ever got any action. ( 26% )

What about you ?

-----------------------------

Unreliable over 45 mph.

I used to always joke that "my car can go from 0 to 60 - in about an hour and a half..." It was a 13 year old Toyota Celica three tone - rust, bondo, & tan.

~Angel Eyez~
06-23-2002, 09:57 PM
...always needed new tires cuz I was always doing burnouts LOL

wish I still had it, it was a blue firebird w/t-tops

Lasher
06-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Chevy Beretta totalled two days after I got the title, a Nissian hard body parked in my back seat while I was sitting at a red light.

MistyWolf
06-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Mine was a 1966 4 door Dodge Coronet .. and I loved it .. my grandpa gave it to my dad, who had it painted and gave it to me .. and I thought it was soooo cool! .. Of course I think differently now .. lol!

My grandpa was the original owner and I got the car in like 1982! Didn't even have FM radio .. my dad had to put a FM converter in it!

the fugative
06-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Mine was bought from a little old lady, the rear fenders flapped in the breeze, the passanger door was caved in as were both fenders and top speed was about 60.:p It cost me $150.00 & during the first summer it began to smell really bad, I searched the car and found the little old lady had lost a jar of homemade canned tomatoes which I found under the seat (they were a little ripe):D

flute
06-23-2002, 10:37 PM
I guess this one describes my first

did squeeze 4 peeps in the back & 3 in the front once :) teehee, cruisin was ALWAYS a trip w/that car! '84 Chrysler LeBaron...ahhh...

CARROLIN
06-23-2002, 10:53 PM
MY FIRST CAR WAS THE NEW 1989 DODGE SHADOW...

MY HUBBY BOUGHT IT FOR ME, WHEN I PASSED THE WRITTEN
TEST FOR MY FIRST LICENSE.

HE GAVE IT TO ME ON THE DAY THAT I WAS TAKING MY ROAD TEST!!!

CAN ANYBODY SAY AWWWW!!!

MY MAN ALWAYS LOVES ME.

SMILES.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, IT DIDN'T LAST LONG...HE WRECKED IT!!! LMBO:D

TRUE STORY.

captorquewrench
06-24-2002, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jolie Rouge

Not able to start without a jump. ( 14% )

Stocked with a keg in the trunk. ( 16% )

Unreliable over 45 mph. ( 23% )

The first place I ever got any action. ( 26% )

[B]What about you ?

-----------------------------

None of the above.

It was a well maintained 1970 VW van.
Plenty of room for friends and keg.
Since it was well-maintained the jump start and not-reliable over 45 don't apply. Granted, it took long enough to get up to 45 and I was the only one who could drive it since no one else could navigate the gearbox.
As far as action goes, this car saw it, but it was by no means the first place!

Ahhhh........it was silver with blue & white checked curtains. Cute. we called it the Toaster.

dcut4
06-24-2002, 08:36 AM
197? Olds Omega...big white thingy, I hated it!! not able to start with out a jump...well sort of, you had to hand turn the engine every once in awhile. I almost killed hubby when he "bought it for me" sight unseen. He never made that mistake again.

Lasher
06-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Lasher playfully smacks dcut4 with a smelly old trout

picklepuss
06-24-2002, 03:53 PM
My first car was a 78' Monte Carlo.It was a huge thing and loud.It blew a head gasket the second month I had it and I got rid of it.

anarmywife
06-24-2002, 04:08 PM
mine was a vw fox and I loved that car. Had it about 1 year before I almost killed myself totalling it when i crashed and knocked over a telephone pole.

angelinwaiting
06-24-2002, 04:15 PM
I would have to say unreliable over 45mph...it was a 1977 Gremlin..man I feel old....:o

stampdog
06-24-2002, 04:27 PM
mine was a 1972 ford pinto--i think that was the year--anyway it was the one that they recalled becaues the fuel tank explodes on rear end collisions--i loved that pinto

magicwoman19
06-24-2002, 06:20 PM
Mine was and still is a 1994 Ponitic Grand Prix, Red! And yes it is the one I wrecked up north, and am fixing it VERY slowly:D But over all I love that car:D:D:D

jaybird
06-24-2002, 06:35 PM
Sorry. None of the above.

My first car was a '66 Mustang coupe with a .289 V8, a/c, Pony interior, rally rims. Sweet car. It flat moved. I miss that car as much as I'd miss my left arm. :(

One day very soon I'll have another.

MOMMYOF2BOYZ
06-24-2002, 07:01 PM
mine was a 70something capri

slyred
06-24-2002, 08:25 PM
MY FIRST CAR,

was a 1972 Pontiac LeMans, this was in 1975, so it was fairly new. It was midnight blue with white bucket seats, dang I loved that car (sniff).

kelblend
06-24-2002, 09:02 PM
My first car in the year 1984 was a 67 or 68 (can't remember) Pontiac Tempest with moon hubcaps!! I remember driving to school one day and the horn stuck the whole way. Had to call my bf (now my hubby) to make it stop. lolol Then the turn signal started shocking me. The biggest thing was my hubby was driving down the highway in it and the seat broke, suddenly his butt was just about on the floor. I still don't know how he drove it. My dad (welder that he is lol) proceeded to weld and rig it back up. Got rid of it fairly soon after that, but it was definitely a conversation starter and no one else had one in the school parking lot. Just sad little old me. lololol We did do alot of partying in that car though.:D

Judy
06-24-2002, 10:58 PM
1982 Chevy Camaro (White)
It was a beauty:)
Wish I never sold it:(
Bought a 98 Tahoe.
I like that too, but LOVED the Camaro.
The kid that bought it smashed it up the first day he drove it.
He wasn't hurt, and thats a good thing.
When I had it we never so much as got a scratch on her.

sachiko21
08-18-2002, 08:57 AM
My first car in the year 1994 was a 1978 Cadillac DeVille. I think the most I fit in the car was 13 people (I think there was at least one in the trunk). To this day, I still look for that car so maybe I can own it again. Had several sleepovers in the car, camped out at various parking lots. Even got pulled over for driving on the bike and walk trail at a park (which I was very convincing that I had no idea it was illegal to drive on). Beatles poster on the ceiling, dingle balls hanging from the windows, felt flowers tacked on the ceiling, grateful dead stickers,and a stereo strapped in with a seatbelt on the front seat. It was great!

tina z
08-18-2002, 09:16 AM
My first car is a 1987 chevy s-10 blazer that I bought a year ago. It is a 4x4 that gets me pretty much wherever I need to go. All of the other cars we/ve owned I have shared with my hubby. This one is mine!:)
It's a two-door green and white truck, with a green light on top.

If you see the light on my roof flashing, please scoot over and let me through, I am on my way to a patient who needs the ambulance fast! :)

Hillbilly
08-18-2002, 12:04 PM
Mine was a 77 blue Firebird Esprit.White interior and loaded.I loved that car so much.I had this killer stereo system and my friends and I would cruise around jamming and having a good old time.Always jamming to Ozzy.:D That seems like sooo long ago.:eek:I got the car in 1984.It was in mint condition at the time.I ended up just wearing the baby out.:( I wish I still had it.

CanadianBoy
08-18-2002, 03:12 PM
A '73 Triumph Spitfire...I loved that car!!!! Want it back!!!...never should have sold it to get a "practical" car!!! :(

jaybird
08-18-2002, 08:42 PM
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!