PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To "My Interesting Life"

Jolie Rouge
06-11-2002, 09:53 PM
okay - this all started in Charmed's thread What Is Your "Claim To Fame" In Your Family. From there I saw that I had to start a separate thread to explain :
Mesue : Jolie Rouge wrote I am also known for "unusual events" ~~ things happen to me that don't happen to most people... been attacked by my mini-lop bunny; got hit by a Mardi Graas float: fell out of a hot air balloon; removed from a car wreck by the Jaws of Life without a scratch on me (but it ruined my shoes ) and so on... I swear I know I shouldn't laugh but these are too funny especially the bunny attack, the float and hot air balloon. Slap me silly but I can't help it, just toooooooo funny. I'm glad you are alright I hope you got insurance that covers everything. I want some details though how far did you fall out of a hot air balloon and how did it happen and what kind of injuries did you get? What kind of float was it? And why did a poor little bunny rabbit attack you? You must lead an interesting life.

Charm I want to know too - how the heck do you fall out of a hot air balloon?

I will answer Charm's first and come back to the rest...

First, you have to understand that I am legally blind with almost no depth perception. I know that most of you are unaware of that, and would never laugh at someone's disability, and that being said ~~ it was really funny.
Later.
Much later.
We were at the State Fair, and my hunny bought me a ride on one of the tethered balloons - they go up about a hundred feet of so, float for about 3 minutes and come back down.
Well on the way back down, I was leaning out of the basket try to see my friends. The operator was signalling one of the ground crew and wasn't paying attention to me. I leaned out too far and managed to flip out of the basket and fall about ten feet to the ground -on my back. Knocked the wind out of me, but otherwise I wasn't hurt - stunned, but not hurt. Scared the poor operator near to death !

later I will come back and tell you the tale of "the killer attack miniature bunny" !!

mesue
06-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Thanks Jolie of course none of us would laugh at you because of a disability and once you explained the hot air balloon fall it makes sense but when I read all these weird occurances happening to one person well it was just too much didn't realize that most were caused due to a disability. Glad you are ok, now about that bunny rabbit attack......

smartkarie
06-12-2002, 06:13 AM
I am patiently waiting for the bunny story. I need a laugh. :)

justbeachy
06-12-2002, 06:45 AM
Gosh, Jolie! It sounds like you've certainly lead an unusual life that's fer sure!! Now where's that bunny story?

Queensown
06-12-2002, 03:30 PM
The balloon thing sounds really scary! But I too want to hear about this bunny incident =)

Jolie Rouge
06-12-2002, 09:45 PM
Okay, the bunny story; by popular demand :

Several years ago, my boyfriend (now Hubby) bought me a mini-lop bunny. He was cute and brown and furry, about eight inches long and weighed about a pound and a half. I named him "Sebastian"

Well, from the start, "Sebastian" was very protective, he did not like anyone else to hold him but me, and he didn't like Hubby - at all. He would hiss at him when ever he came over. We mentioned this to a few people who laughed and said "bunnies don't hiss."

After I had him about six months, Hubby moved back into our partment (he had been working out of state). "Sebastian" didn't like this - at all. He started jumping at Hubby on his hindlegs and kinda hitting at him with his front feet ( like Kangaroo "boxing") We mentioned this to a few people who said; "bunnies don't box"

Well, one morning, I came downstairs after getting ready for work and "Sebastian" (who was out of his hutch - he generally had free runof the house while we were home during the day) suddenly started hissing at me. The next thing I know, he is runnung at me and attacking me with his claws and biting my legs ! I am screaming at him and trying to bat at him with my hands - bunnies are VERY FAST...
He would run under the couch, turn around and run at me again. Hubby is sitting at the dining room table, at first he was laughing because he thought I was playing with "Sebastian" until he saw the blood running down my leg. He jumped up, grabbed a beach towel off the back of a chair and threw it over "Sebastian", balled it up and tossed the whole thing into the hutch and locked it.

I had to go to the ER and explain that I was attacked by my pet bunny.
Then I had to call work and explain that I would be late because I was attacked by my pet bunny. It was very amusing to everyone until they saw the damages. To this day I have six and eight inch scars down the back of my calves, and holes where "Sebastian" bit chunks of meat out that they couldn't stitch closed.

We took "Sebastian" to the vet, who had never heard of such a thing and acted like she didn't believe us - until "Sebastian" went after her ! After that we made the painful choice of putting "Sebastian" down. Clearly this was beyond the "normal" behavior for a mini-lop bunny and he was uncontrolable and dangerous (even if all my injuries are below the knee) I was afraid he would attack on of the nieces & nephews, who would then have an irrational fear of the Easter bunny.

So, there is the tale (tail) of "the Killer Attack Miniature Bunny" One of my idiot friends gave me a tape that chrismas - "Night of the Lupus" or something....

It is one of those things that is funny now - I mean, com' on, you have to laugh - but it wasn't then.

So, what do you want next .... Mardi Gras float or one of the 27 autowrecks I have been in (not driving, I've been a passenger in all but 2...)

Queensown
06-12-2002, 10:38 PM
Wow Jolie, I feel terrible about laughing, but I must admit I am...

I'm sorry you still have scars though, that's terrible. I never knew bunnies could be scary.

kassismom
06-12-2002, 10:47 PM
It was funny at first until you got to how bad the bunny scarred you up... wow, I never knew they could be so mean! My aunt used to raise the giants and I have never heard of anything like this before! Makes me rethink getting one of those cute things for DD:eek:

tina z
06-13-2002, 08:14 AM
Jolie, I am sorry that the bunny hurt you. I am glad that ou weren't hurt falling from the hot-air balloon. Will you tell us the story of being hit by the float next? These stories are as funny as, or even more so, than the ones in the comedy club thread.

Jolie Rouge
06-13-2002, 10:27 AM
Kassismom : My aunt used to raise the giants and I have never heard of anything like this before! Makes me rethink getting one of those cute things for DD The vet was of the opinion that there were a few possiable causes for the abnormal behavior :
A) Testosterone - "Sebastian" was a male; he may have considered me his "mate" and Hubby an interloper. ( a Taliban Bunny ?? )
B) Inbreeding - mini-lops are inbred for tiny size, but this can cause problems, mentally.
C) Phermones - It's possiable the perfume or soap, or combination of scents may have signaled "enemy" or some such. Bunnies rely on their sense of smell for much of their survival. I was really into 'musk' with floral tones.

We belonged to a "club" of people that all owned 'small rabbits', mini-lops, dwarf, ect. NO ONE else ever had nor ever heard of this before, so clearly it is not a common problem ( not the first psycho-pet I've owned ...) If you use a reputable breeder (hubby bought from a guy selling out of the back of his truck at Easter - a 'bunny mill' as it seems) who records bloodlines and will share this info, I don't think you would have any problems. They truly make wonderful pets - just watch - they like to chew on EVERYTHING !

Queensown : Wow Jolie, I feel terrible about laughing, but I must admit I am... Go ahead & laugh ! It really is funny (now). It sounds like something you'd see on SNL or a sitcom ( but they would tone down the blood...) I mean - who gets attacked by a BUNNY !

smartkarie
06-13-2002, 10:41 AM
My Vote is the 27 Car Accidents. Do tell! :)

Jolie Rouge
07-03-2002, 10:24 AM
I haven't had as much time to sit & type lately ... Is anyone still interested ? Or will this be interpeted as a neurotic bid for attention ?

MacSSS
07-03-2002, 11:12 AM
I don't know about everyone else but I am still wanting to know. Please tell!

shannon

Widgetsx3
07-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Jolie: Be neurotic, bid for attention. I could use a good story, I hate to laugh at anyone elses "trauma's" but you seem to have a good sence of humor about them. And besides, my best friend is remarkably like you in as much as she is a freak accident magnet. I like to tell her these, makes her understand that she is not the only one. 27 accident, 27 accidents....do tell.....lol

Oh, on the rabbit thing, my sis had a lop (non mini) who HATED me. I have no idea why, as I love animals. On day, my sis had borrowed my jacket and went to go feed the rabbit, her rabbit attacked her. Fortunately, it was long sleeves, but it cured her of borrowing my clothes.

happy2b
07-03-2002, 11:56 AM
both of the stories, you are a very good
storyteller.
do tell.....
come on....

eeigh33
07-03-2002, 12:11 PM
I missed out on the thread where you originally posted your perilous affairs! You really do have a knack for the uncanny. Keep the stories coming! I find them fascinating!

Jolie Rouge
07-03-2002, 10:25 PM
okay ~ we will call this one "The Folly of the Volley"

In high school I was in the Rifle Corps. Captain, in fact of a three person squad. Not talented enough to be in the Band, not cool enough to be a cheerleader, not preppy enough to be in the Flags. So we carved out own little niche. The band Director was cool - just about anything we wanted to do, he would authorize : Motley Crue or ZZ Top for a performance ? Dressing out in black with dark sunglasses, black Fedora's & white wide ties like some deranged Mafia Krewe ? No problem.

So, we were in the back of the storage area and find working rifles instead of the wood practice rifles we usually preformed with. COOOOLL "Can we use these ?" ~~ "Whatever." :eek: :rolleyes:

Then we found a box of ammo for the rifles.
Blanks.
I had the greatest idea !
A 21 Gun Salute at the Homecoming Halftime Show.

You have to understand where the staium is located. Close to downtown, in a neighborhood once genteel, now kinda run down & seedy.

We didn't ASK.

Fortunelty it had finally stopped raining. About 10 minutes before we are to march on to the field. So here is the Homecoming Halftime Show, all the little princesses in their beautiful clothes riding in the borrowed corvettes & convertibles. All the local dignitaries, alumni, & guests. We waited until the Homecoming Queen was being walked to the dais to fire off the first volley.....

And the ENTIRE STADIUM hit the dirt.

The homecoming court.
The fans. (on both sides)
The teams.
The BAND.
The local TV News camerea crew.
All the local dignitaries, alumni, & guests.

We three are standing out in the middle of the field, surrounded by fallen bodies. And it dawns on us ....
We didn't ASK.

The other two look at me.

I am the Captain.

I realise we are already in deep.
There is really nothing else to do....

"In for a penny, in for a pound.
We finish what we started."

By the time we are finished with all 21 shots, everyone has figured out that it wasn't some drive-by or something. They are all picking themselves up off the ground ~~ and looking at us with *such* eyes.

The band completes the performance - in muddied uniforms.
The Homecoming Court limps off the field in tears.
The crowd (who, at least, where still clean) resume their seats.

Except for the principle who meet us coming off the field and took our rifles : "In my office.."

I tried to smile brightly : "Monday morning ?"

It didn't work. "NOW"

-----

Well, I lost my Senior privledges for the year, and gave up ever receiving a "Timberwolf" for excellance. The Band director was mad too, but we told the truth, took responsibility and he (eventually) forgave us. (He gave me a box of Snap Pops for graduation ) The Homecoming Court never forgave me for "ruining their night". I do mean *NEVER*. We had a Ten Year Reunion and they edited me out. I was "politely" disinvited. The Twenty is coming up in a few years - I wonder if they have gotten over it yet ???

mesue
07-03-2002, 10:36 PM
ROTFLMAO

flute
07-03-2002, 10:42 PM
:eek:

tina z
07-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Poor Jolie and band director. That is too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :D :D :D :D :)

Widgetsx3
07-08-2002, 08:44 AM
OMG...Jolie, I was laughing so hard at my desk. That is sooooo funny. That sounds like something I would have done, only on purpose...I was a bad kid.....lol

shelanskey
07-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Jolie you are too funny!!! I love the rifle story!!!

Jolie Rouge
07-08-2002, 12:09 PM
OriginaLly posted by TangarineT - 07-07-2002 10:18 PM from her thread :OMG ! CRAZY squirrel! Help!

I live in South Florida and we have all kinds of strange wildlife down here. Most of the time you don't think twice about it......
Until Squirrel-zilla CHASES you!

I went to walk my dog early this evening and when I went around the corner we came face to face with a squirrel. I thought no big deal and turned around to go the other way with the dog. As we were walking I looked and the darn squirrel was running after us! I'm still not freaking out because I thought that perhaps we were just in his territory and he wanted us to leave. Squirrel-zilla started chasing us! I grabbed my dog and started running with that crazes nut chomper on my tail. I ran until the squirrel wasn't behind us any longer. But now where the heck is he??? Hmmm, perhaps he's gone.
He was up a tree like at a look-out post watching. Next thing I know he's running across the parking lot after us again. Picture this: fluffy lady wearing capris and sandals with a mini Dachshund clutched under her arm running like hell-o. Why? Because she's being chased by a killer squirrel!! We ran again until it backed off again. My poor pooch REALLY had to go pee by now so I put her down to go. Next thing I know here comes Squirrel-zilla again charging down the sidewalk towards us! OMG! What is up with this animal???

I grabbed the dog and ran up three flights of stairs as fast as I could. Good thing she was done peeing! I went in the house and tried to call Animal Control but it was after hours so no luck. I think this crazed squirel might have rabies or something. I then called the sherrifs office and they patched me through to my local police department. They told me they would be out as soon as they could and to stay in the house with the dog. We have a lot of kids around here so I looked out the door to see if any kids were near the area where the Squirrel-zilla was hanging out. He was running after a duck! His bit him in the butt area!

Now I'm REALLY thinging rabies. After that he ducked(no pun intended!) out of site. next thing I know he is running across the roof straight for me!!!!! Really! I'm not kidding! This is like a nutty movie. I ran in the house and slammed the door and locked it. OMG!

An officer came out and told me to wait until 7am tomorrow to call Animal Control again so they can trap it and test it for rabies.
My kids and family thinks this is hysterical and won't stop teasing
me about what they call "the mutant squirrel". I guess it is kind of
funny but not so funny when it happens to you! We have numerous
squirrels around here but this one IS WACKED!

I think i'm gonna have squirrel dreams tonight!
Stay tuned until tomorrow when they cart off Squirrel-zilla!!!

------------------------------

A day that you haven't laughed is a day that you haven't truly lived.

tina z
07-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Hmmmmmm makes me wonder if squirrelzilla and your minilop are in cahoots. lol

Widgetsx3
07-08-2002, 12:50 PM
roflmao...too funny

DaLilPeachy
09-29-2003, 02:53 PM
OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!! I too, have been attacked by a squirrel LOLOL
We were sitting in this garden that they have for the students at ucla, just sitting there along the river bank. My daughter frolicking happily through the grass with her grandfather and I look over and here is this squirrel barreling at me at like trubo speed. I think "Nah, squirrels aren't dangerous, he's running to a tree" and the little SOB kamakazied itself directly at my leg and started to ganw at my ankle. I musta kicked him a foot into the air. Luckily UCLA has a hospital so our nice outing ended with me getting a giant rabies shot. By the way did I mention that I have since had problems with squirrels giving me dirty looks and not backing away when I walk past? It's like they have one collective brain. And don't get me started with seagulls. It's a family joke LOL

rugratsX2
09-29-2003, 11:24 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not actually "laughed out loud" in a LONG time, but between the bunny and the squirrel, I have tears in my eyes! LMAO Thanks for sharing!

Unicornmom77
09-30-2003, 12:06 AM
WOW you all are so so funny!! FROTFLMAO!!!

OHHHHHHHHHH MY!! I vote for more stories!! LOL

MAN THE SQUIEREL STORIES made me laugh so hard my mom woke up and came in and asked me what was wrong? LOL!!

janelle
09-30-2003, 01:17 AM
So I guess the story that Jimmy Carter told about the killer bunny might have been right? And I have heard of a squrrel attacking a woman in town here. It jumped out of a tree on her. I've been leery of those crazed squirrels ever since. They do act psycho anyway. Running in all directions when you drive down the street.:eek: :rolleyes:

jerseybarb
09-30-2003, 01:23 AM
ROFL! Jolie Rouge you are a catalyst for events of low probability! Buy a lottery ticket!

shelhop
09-30-2003, 10:04 AM
It's so funny...reading all of this stuff. Until now I thought only the weirdest of the weird happens to me.
We have a cat that has always been completely docile, but one day, out of the blue, completely unprovoked, attacked my 13 year old daughter from behind. She never saw him coming. He was a cat posessed. I threw all the kids upstairs, including the one that was bleeding profusely, and tried to corner "Frizzle," who started coming after me. I could've sworn his head was spinning around. I was screaming at him, holding him at bay with a kitchen chair, and couldn't stop him. He just kept up this low throaty growl. I slowly reached over, grabbed the phone, ran and slammed the door to the bathroom behind me, yelling at the kids not to come downstairs no matter what.
First I called my husband at work, sobbing, telling him Frizzle's gone crazy and I think he might have rabies. He came home like Rambo with a fishing net in hand and captured him. Put him in a crate and literally nailed the lid down.
I went in one car, rushing my daughter to the hospital, and he went in the other, with Frizzle in a crate to the vet, planning to have him put down. But when they got to the vet, Frizzle was his old self again like nothing had ever happened. I mean this cat is a pussy cat in the truest form. As it turns out, it was definitely a surge of testosterone for the poor cat. The vet figures it was probably a combination of the fact that his mate was pregnant, as well as my daughter was on her monthly at the time. He was on overload.
So, needless to say, he lost his "manhood" that day and 3 years later, there's never been another problem. It took us awhile, but we trust him completely, and we made the right choice bt not having him put to sleep.
And my daughter? Well, we got to the ER and she had scratches and bites all up and down her arms, legs, and back. I had a heck of a time convincing the doctors that she was attacked by our cat and not a dog. The wounds were that bad. According to state law, they had to report the attack to animal control, and several days after the event the officers came out to have a look at our "Yellow Tabby Dog, Frizzle". Imagine the looks on their faces when I hauled out big old fat Frizzle and he started licking them to death.
And by the way, I am now an advocate for spaying and neutering your pet.
And there's the next chapter in what could be a very amusing book entitled, When Good Animals Go Bad

Thanks for the laughs and the trip down memory lane, Jolie!

Jolie Rouge
04-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Well, my beautiful daughter is following in my footsteps .....

My seven year old spent the weekend looking for four leaf clovers in the yard, during the process she stepped on a bee which responded my stinging her on the bottom of the heel.

:eek:

We spent 15 minutes calming her down, put a bandaid on it ....

She said she was fine .... so I told her to go on in the house, and take some clothes with her that I had taken off the line ...

As she is going in the house, a yellowjacket come out of the clothes and stings her on the finger !! :eek: :eek:

Now she is hysterical !

Finally get her calmed down, make another poultice and bandage for her finger this time and finish out our chores and errands.

Find out the next morning she took off the poutlice off her foot because it was itching, to now her foot is swollen and she has missed two days of school because she can't wear her shoes .... OY VEY !

jaybird
04-06-2004, 05:50 PM
I've met Jolie. And now (for some reason I don't remember ever seeing this thread, but I probably replied to it!)...

Jolie? Lots and LOTS of things are explained now. :D

See you in 8 weeks, 3 days!!!

texasgander
04-06-2004, 07:47 PM
My hubby said when he was in college there was a squirrel that would throw nuts at the students when they walked by!

Jolie Rouge
04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
ROFL! Jolie Rouge you are a catalyst for events of low probability! Buy a lottery ticket!

Funny you should say that....

I had a disagreement with someone about gambling -- it is a waste of money IMHO. So they bought me a $1 lottery ticket every Friday for a year. 52 tickets -- and I never won a cent ... :confused: :(

Jolie Rouge
08-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Had to search out this thread to post .... our "celebrity sighting". First you must know that we live in South Louisiana and "celebrities" are few and far between... I was helping a friend move into an apartment and getting things out of storage and while we found a tv/dvd player for her six year old to watch while we sorted but the only movies we had on hand were 80's "classics". So we have her son watching "Can't Buy Me Love", "Grease" and "Weird Science" while we hit "skip" every so often ( cute movies, but not all scenes appropriate for a kindergartener )

So about lunchtime we take a break and head over to Whole Foods ... and we run into ... OMG - PATRICK DEMPSY !!! Still a cutie after all these years... we stalk him for a few aisles while we get up the nerve to actually talk to him ... he is in town filming a movie... is very nice and we are having a conversation... my friend loves Grey's Anatomy ( I never watch it ...) when suddenly he son looks up and YELLS : "YOU !! You are THAT guy !!" ... and starts doing the "African Ant-Eater Ritual" !! :rofl: The LOOK on "McDreamy's" face was priceless ! He about fell down laughing. Got down on one knee and asked Scotty where he learned the dance and had a nice conversation with him and signed his t-shirt. Signed Missy's too. He was awesome... I may have to watch his show now

Quaker_Parrots
08-15-2010, 05:39 AM
OMG, that is too funny. Especially that he would recognise Patrick Dempsey 23 years older from that movie.

prcsanglas
08-15-2010, 06:50 AM
I just started reading this thread this morning. Thanks for some good laughs. Reminds me of the time I ran into a pole because I was staring at some hottie.