PDA

View Full Version : Guys, You'd Be Nuts Not to Follow this Advice!!!

Jolie Rouge
06-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Dear Ann Landers:
One of my son's friends has been diagnosed with testicular cancer. I was stunned because he is so young -- in his early 20s. I decided to research the subject on the Internet and discovered that testicular cancer is the most common cancer among males aged 15-35. Yet it is curable if found and treated early.

I asked my male relatives and friends if they ever performed a testicular self-exam to check for lumps or swelling. Imagine my astonishment when not one of these guys had ever heard of it.

Ann, you are a wonderful resource for your readers. Please spread the word that men should be doing a monthly self-exam. Women can help by insisting that their husbands and sons take care of themselves. Maybe if men can get past their embarrassment about this sensitive subject, they will go to a doctor if they discover symptoms. It could save a life. -- Mary in Indiana

Dear Mary:
Thank you for the opportunity to inform my readers about this life-threatening illness. I'm sure many people read the stories about Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France champion cyclist, and Scott Hamilton, the Olympic figure skater, who both were treated for testicular cancer and recovered. I urge all my male readers to do a testicular self-exam every month. If you notice any changes, swelling or lumps, notify your doctor immediately.

Here's an idea ~~ I told Hubby I would let him help me with my 'self-exams' if he would let me help him with 'his' self-exams :)

~MK~
06-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
Here's an idea ~~ I told Hubby I would let him help me with my 'self-exams' if he would let me help him with 'his' self-exams :) [/B]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D :D :D :D :D
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

That's the way to do it!! ;)

Oh yeah, and Thanks. :)

queenofquitealot
06-11-2002, 12:03 PM
I wonder if they need any volunteers for the testicular cancer checking, Id be more than happy to give up my free time to check everyones balls.

Thats sick yes, but hey somebodys gotta do it, why not give the job to someone who would enjoy it!!

LOL

(((Sorry, cancer is no joke, I didnt mean for it to go that way.)))

~MK~
06-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
I think they should start an ad campaign using your idea!!!

My hubby's dermatologists insists we have regular "mole parties". He explained that a mole party is where both of us get naked with a bottle of wine and check each other's moles. LOL...

:eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

TOOOOOOO funny!! LOL

Jolie Rouge
10-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Dear Ann Landers:
One of my son's friends has been diagnosed with testicular cancer. I was stunned because he is so young -- in his early 20s. I decided to research the subject on the Internet and discovered that testicular cancer is the most common cancer among males aged 15-35. Yet it is curable if found and treated early.

I asked my male relatives and friends if they ever performed a testicular self-exam to check for lumps or swelling. Imagine my astonishment when not one of these guys had ever heard of it.

Ann, you are a wonderful resource for your readers. Please spread the word that men should be doing a monthly self-exam. Women can help by insisting that their husbands and sons take care of themselves. Maybe if men can get past their embarrassment about this sensitive subject, they will go to a doctor if they discover symptoms. It could save a life. -- Mary in Indiana

Dear Mary:
Thank you for the opportunity to inform my readers about this life-threatening illness. I'm sure many people read the stories about Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France champion cyclist, and Scott Hamilton, the Olympic figure skater, who both were treated for testicular cancer and recovered. I urge all my male readers to do a testicular self-exam every month. If you notice any changes, swelling or lumps, notify your doctor immediately.

Here's an idea ~~ I told Hubby I would let him help me with my 'self-exams' if he would let me help him with 'his' self-exams :)

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/016/582/hugh-jackman.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/feelingnuts

#FeelingNuts, also known as the Feeling Nuts Challenge, is a hashtag campaign and photo fad aimed at encouraging men to get checked for testicular cancer on a regular basis. While the hashtag was officially launched in April 2014 to promote the Testicular Cancer Awareness Month, the campaign saw a notable resurgence in early October as a spin-off of the Ice Bucket Challenge, which also coincided with the beginning of the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Origin : On April 10th, 2014, the UK-based testicular cancer prevention and support group Check One Two[3] launched the hashtag #FeelingNuts to promote the Testicular Cancer Awareness Month and encourage men to regularly check themselves for testicular cancer.