PDA

View Full Version : BBS OWN Stop Smoking SUPPORT thread:)

Pages : [1] 2 3

heartlvrs
05-24-2002, 11:21 AM
Do you smoke? Are you wanting to quit? Do YOU need some support? Are you like me not getting it anywhere? (except here)?

Alot of you know that I just love helping as much as I can as you can tell if you look at the research thread :) SO, what I would like to offer is something similar to the secret pal thing, but different..What it is, is if you are SERIOUSLY considering stopping smoking..SERIOUSLY trying to stop...and want a "SUPPORT BUDDY" then this will be the thread to come too. We can email each other, send cards, whatever it takes to help each other become smoke free for LIFE!! Not for a day, not for a week, month or a year but a LIFETIME! We can do this IF we put our minds to it..We CAN do this IF we help EACH other:) So, if you are interested, post here. I will get back to you just as soon as I can..gonna try to come up with a little info sheet type thing:)

So Heres to being SMOKE FREE !! HUGS ALL YOU!!

dcut4
05-24-2002, 11:25 AM
Ok its just me again:rolleyes: but mano mano I want one really bad right now..worse than day one (I am on day 11) sucking those jolly ranchers down...hope fishmansbtrhalf send that 3 day diet soon..gonna need it!

heartlvrs
05-24-2002, 11:29 AM
dcut do you really want that nasty taste in your mouth and on your clothes again?? Dont listen to that nicodemon! He is a SICKARETTE remember?? Remember how good it feels to say hey..I DONT SMOKE...how good it felt to tell others..I am smoke free?? I do..so type here woman..occupy yourself remember good self talk and especially DELAY DELAY DELAY!!! You have our emails!! YOU KNOW where we are at!!!

ajksmom
05-24-2002, 11:31 AM
don't know how much support I could give but I just wanted to say

GOOD LUCK to you all. You can do it...I know you can!!

heartlvrs
05-24-2002, 11:34 AM
IF you want to be a SUPPORT BUDDY...you dont have to be a smoker or even a ex-smoker...so if you want to help jump on the bandwagon:) We just need volunteers who can be there for someone who may have a bad urge or craving, or just need a pick me up..because yes, a quitter goes thru some bad depression times..its normal for this to happen...so come on be a BUDDY:)

dcut4
05-24-2002, 11:42 AM
ok, I know I am gonna get through this...would feel sooo sooo bad if I picked one up......after today:rolleyes: you can hook me up with anyone..won't do anybody good today, might just tackle them for candy, gum, anything at this point. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this................

heartlvrs
05-24-2002, 11:51 AM
dcut I have NO doubt...lol<----tosses her some of her suckers!

dcut4
05-24-2002, 11:55 AM
those wouldn't happen to be nicotine suckers would they????

awww crud don't want those either, not had nic in my system for 8 days now, not gonna let him back in now. off to the kitchen for more jolly ranchers!!!!!

heartlvrs
05-24-2002, 12:03 PM
sorry dcut..not the nicotene suckers..but JOLLY RANCHER suckers..lol

juliegirl78
05-24-2002, 05:10 PM
Y'all are doing such an awesome job!! Keep up the great work and know that your BBS family supports you!! {{{new non-smokers}}}

ahippiechic
05-24-2002, 05:30 PM
This thread is great idea, but I will probably be living in here when I quit. My quit date is June 1st, but I've been trying to cut down some before then so it won't be so hard when it comes time to get rid of them!

heartlvrs
05-24-2002, 08:39 PM
ahippiechic This thread is great idea, but I will probably be living in here when I quit. My quit date is June 1st, but I've been trying to cut down some before then so it won't be so hard when it comes time to get rid of them!

WEll come on in!! Thats what this thread will be here for:) I have FAITH you can do this...and keep in mind..this will be just as much for me too...

juliegirl78 Y'all are doing such an awesome job!! Keep up the great work and know that your BBS family supports you!! {{{new non-smokers}}}

THANK you hon:) This is the support needed in here:)

trufflez
05-25-2002, 05:23 AM
I don't know how much I'll be around but would like to be part of this. I'm kind of a loner. I was diagnosed this winter with COPD among other things. Though I am doing so much better now, I'm a long time smoker and my doctors have all said "Quit or else!" i DID FIND OUT YESTERDAY THAT MY HEALTH PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN RESOLVED (yIPPEE) Whoops, hit the cap lock, sorry! But COPD can last forever. I want to stop the damage. My Dr. gave me tons of samples of Wellbuten (Zyban) yesterday, to start next week. I am weaning myself off of another med, before I start this. I tried it before and cut down about a third, but really want to go the distance this time. So, I'll be around! : )

heartlvrs
05-25-2002, 05:46 AM
trufflez I don't know how much I'll be around but would like to be part of this. I'm kind of a loner. I was diagnosed this winter with COPD among other things. Though I am doing so much better now, I'm a long time smoker and my doctors have all said "Quit or else!" i DID FIND OUT YESTERDAY THAT MY HEALTH PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN RESOLVED (yIPPEE) Whoops, hit the cap lock, sorry! But COPD can last forever. I want to stop the damage. My Dr. gave me tons of samples of Wellbuten (Zyban) yesterday, to start next week. I am weaning myself off of another med, before I start this. I tried it before and cut down about a third, but really want to go the distance this time. So, I'll be around! : )

WELCOME!!! and THANK YOU!!!
1. I have faith you CAN do it!!
2. We have faith you will HELP us:)
3. Read my thread titled "okies" see my smoking story..I have went in 1.5 months smoking 3-4 packs a day to eight cigs a day to now where I have been smoke free totally for 3 weeks!! Not only do I smell better but I FEEL so so much better~~ SO COME ON!!! we will be here for you:)!!

and oh yeah did I say?

"WELCOME"

Sunee
05-25-2002, 07:58 AM
Count me in :). Hey hippie, I'll quit June 1st if you do it ;). We can do it together. I want to quit because I want to be healthy and be around a LOOOOOOOOOONG time for my kids :). But I will definately need all the support I can get. Whatcha say hippie? What a great thread. I'll help motivate too :)

esoteric
05-25-2002, 08:14 AM
Hello everyone, I am a big time lurker here and no one knows who I am. I would love to have some support beacuse I have be trying to quit and I am geting no where. So I am wiiling to support others as I am being supported. This is a great idea. I will also chose June 1st as my quit date too. Thanks Again

juliegirl78
05-25-2002, 12:38 PM
Okay, so looks like June 1st will be the big day for several of you... Come on; you can do it! You've made the decision~now get your meds ready (if you're using any) and lots of gum and/or candy, and come here whenever you need to! {{{Hugs}}} and best wishes to all of you!

ahippiechic
05-25-2002, 03:40 PM
Hey, Sunee! I am definatly gonna quit June 1st! Gonna get my hubby some earplugs & stuff, so he won't hear me *****ing! :p

heartlvrs
05-25-2002, 08:22 PM
the RIGHT spirit!! WOOHOO SOOOOooo excited!!! So June 1rst is a starting date: Can I have a show of hands please? And like julie says, get yourself a supply of: lolipops cus if u slurping you not be smoking! a stock of baby carrots!! (YUmmy and lowfat)and think of the natural tan you can get eating enough of these:) some hard candy and a positive attitude.

1. YOU ALL can do this.
2. Face the nicodemon tell him to stand back!!!
3. Prepare to look at things in a different way and different approaches...this is a MUST!! Because smoking is addictive in 2 major ways:

a. nicotine.
b. Pyscological

You must work on both at same time..this makes it work!

I am so glad you all like this thread ideal and VERY glad you are joining in the effort!!

I am also VERY glad of those coming here to offer their support!

Jcowgirl77
05-25-2002, 08:24 PM
I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO QUIT BUT IT IS SO HARD
HELP!!!

heartlvrs
05-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Jcowgirl77 I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO QUIT BUT IT IS SO HARD

OKIES!!

First tell me what steps are you taking or plan to take? You going to take zyban or wellbutrin are you going to use the patch? How many cigs do you smoke a day?

Sunee
05-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
Hey, Sunee! I am definatly gonna quit June 1st! Gonna get my hubby some earplugs & stuff, so he won't hear me *****ing! :p

Ok June 1st it is for me too :D. Umm does this mean we can beeyatch in email to each other? :eek: :p

KATinKY
05-25-2002, 09:26 PM
I think this is a great idea. I want to quit so bad, I tried several times, but nothing seemed to work. I would want to join this.
Let me know what I need to do.
bethsuiterky@hotmail.com

heartlvrs
05-26-2002, 06:28 PM
Ok I am so thrilled!! My suggestion is for those making the decision to quit, or that just wants to be a buddy to someone email me. I am setting up a email addy just for this:) I will post it very soon...so watch for it!

heartlvrs
05-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Okies here ya go!

For those that are quitting, or wants to be a support buddy email me here!

heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking.com

You may want to set yourselves one here..there are alot of good things on the site...

Once I get a full list of names we can assign people to each other:)

WE can and WILL do this:)
Our motto... If you slurp you wont toke!

mesue
05-27-2002, 01:30 AM
GOOD LUCK to all you guys, I am smoke free for about 5 weeks now maybe 6 not really sure. Everybody quits differently, for me I curl up and almost mourn for about 3 days and then gradually build new habits. Its hard to let go of a habit and an addiction even when you know its bad for you. But just stay determined and if one way doesn't work find another way, just remember the longer you are smoke free the easier it gets and eventually you won't even want a cigarette and then you are home free and a whole lot richer in health and in your pocketbook. I know if I can do it you can too.

dcut4
05-27-2002, 08:05 AM
hey heartlvrs add me to the email support list. You have my addy...this is so cool!!!! If we can help just one person it will be worth it. I know you helped me more than you will ever realize!!!

2 WEEKS AND COUNTING SINCE MY LAST NASTY CIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I FEEL SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes it was one of the hardest things I have ever done...to quit. But now two weeks later I can also say it was one of the best things I have ever done! Good luck to all on June first!

heartlvrs
05-27-2002, 07:21 PM
mesue - THanks hon for support:) I reached my 3 weeks smoke free today! Keep up the great work! and hang in there:)

dcut4 - Adding you hon:) and Thanks!!!

Sunee - I got your email - and responded-

Anyone else??

smartkarie
05-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Me. Not a smoker but glad to help in any way I can.

eeigh33
05-27-2002, 09:19 PM
i think this is a wonderful thread! i am doing fine with the non-smoking thing....hope everyone else gets through it.

I noticed a few things that might give you some inspiration...

1..my teeth are looking whiter.

2..i can go on long walks with my dog without feeling like crap.

3..my contacts are not as dry as they were before.

4..i spend less time at 7-11.

5..i am feeling a bit more energetic.

6..my breath has improved.

7..people are so proud of me for quitting.

8..i no longer worry about smelling like an ashtray...

well, there you go...i know it is tough...hang in there everyone. we can all do it. we just have to remember the good things about why we are doing it.

HaveKids,LostMind
05-27-2002, 11:45 PM
Just wanted to run in and say.........................

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

You have made it this far! Dont pick up another ciggy!

heartlvrs
05-28-2002, 06:27 AM
To date this is what I have - Please let me know if this is correct:)

Soon to be EX smokers

ahippiechic - Begin date - June 1rst 2002

trufflez - date?

Sunee - Begin date - June 1rst 2002

esoteric - Begin date - June 1rst 2002 (?)

jcowgirl77 - ??

Katinky - ??

Supporters/Buddy and/or Ex Smokers

fishmanbetrhalf - Exsmoker & supporter/buddy

dcut4 - Exsmoker & supporter/buddy

heartlvrs - Exsmoker & supporter/buddy

juliegirl78 - Supporter/buddy

smartkarie - Supporter/buddy

Now! Onto some things that may help you..it may be something to make you laugh, a helpful tip or similar. I will try my best to post something new everyday:) The biggest thing is DONT GIVE UP on YOURSELF!!! IF you slip, dont beat yourself up...this will not help..INSTEAD reward yourself in little ways everyday! For me, its been going to the grocery store and buying myself a bouquest of cut flowers because I love flowers. So lets go!!!

To get your day started:

http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/011002.gif

TIPS: (TY habitrol)

You may be faced with high risk tempting situations that you couldn't plan ahead for. Remember to:

AVOID the situation

LEAVE the situation

DISTRACT yourself from the craving

DELAY taking that cigarette (the urge will pass within five minutes)

Use SELF TALK

DRINK lots of water!! It will help your body rid itself of the toxins...and if you experience a craving or urge..DRINK DRINK DRINK water!!!!

As well as the above I think it would be beneficial to post daily stats! You can do this either first thing in the morning or in the evening..your choice! But since I KNOW we ALL CAN do it...I cant wait to see them!:)

So my stats for the day:

Todays Date: 05/28/2002
My Quit Date: 05/06/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 671
Amount Saved: $198
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 8 Mins: 17 Seconds: 12

SMOKING BUDDY ASSIGNMENTS

ahippiechick & Sunee (If you havent already done so, please exchange your email addys. Do WHATEVER is necessary to keep each other boosted!! I like to send emails, ecards or whatever! You are not limited to emails...feel free to do snail mail if you so choose:) But DO keep us posted here!! If you are having a craving, need to vent or whatever come on in here! That way if your buddy isnt in their email accounts they will see it here and come running to your aid! And if you need me please feel free to email me at heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking.com anytime!

esoteric and FishmansBetrHalf (If you havent already done so, please exchange your email addys. Do WHATEVER is necessary to keep each other boosted!! I like to send emails, ecards or whatever! You are not limited to emails...feel free to do snail mail if you so choose:) But DO keep us posted here!! If you are having a craving, need to vent or whatever come on in here! That way if your buddy isnt in their email accounts they will see it here and come running to your aid! And if you need me please feel free to email me at heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking.com anytime!

jcowgirl77 and smartkarie (If you havent already done so, please exchange your email addys. Do WHATEVER is necessary to keep each other boosted!! I like to send emails, ecards or whatever! You are not limited to emails...feel free to do snail mail if you so choose:) But DO keep us posted here!! If you are having a craving, need to vent or whatever come on in here! That way if your buddy isnt in their email accounts they will see it here and come running to your aid! And if you need me please feel free to email me at heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking.com anytime!

katinky and juliegirl78 (If you havent already done so, please exchange your email addys. Do WHATEVER is necessary to keep each other boosted!! I like to send emails, ecards or whatever! You are not limited to emails...feel free to do snail mail if you so choose:) But DO keep us posted here!! If you are having a craving, need to vent or whatever come on in here! That way if your buddy isnt in their email accounts they will see it here and come running to your aid! And if you need me please feel free to email me at heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking.com anytime!

trufflez and dcut4 (If you havent already done so, please exchange your email addys. Do WHATEVER is necessary to keep each other boosted!! I like to send emails, ecards or whatever! You are not limited to emails...feel free to do snail mail if you so choose:) But DO keep us posted here!! If you are having a craving, need to vent or whatever come on in here! That way if your buddy isnt in their email accounts they will see it here and come running to your aid! And if you need me please feel free to email me at heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking.com anytime!

Good Luck!!

If we have more that sign up we will take care of them as well:)

Quote for the day

"A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence."
Jim Watkins

esoteric
05-28-2002, 07:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the suppoet and tips. I need all the help i can get. I am trying to cut down before my quit date. (June 1st). I am so mentally addicted to smoking, I think that going to be my biggest problem. But the thought of being able to breathe again will make it all worth while.~thanks everyone~
selah8@ureach.com

heartlvrs
05-28-2002, 07:13 AM
esoteric...I am emailing and assigning you:) as well as you know to come here and post post post keep those fingers busy...I totally understand your problem..my worst part of quitting is the mental...I have found that if I just "Start" thinking of it..it tends to make me want one..so I have found that if the inkling starts..I HAVE to replace it with other thoughts and/or actions....what kind of hobbies do you like?

highseas
05-28-2002, 09:42 AM
Hi, I am new here but I just quit smoking about 6 months ago and it was the best thing I ever did but the hardest!! I try to walk in the evening to relieve some stress and I have been doing the tae bo workouts and whatever little exercises I can do to get the mind frame of being this person on the way of being extremly healthy and fit so why would I want to go back to smoking! It's just my way of coping with it!:)

justinenycole26
05-28-2002, 09:51 AM
Hey, where did u get that thing!

So my stats for the day:

Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 671
Amount Saved: $198
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 8 Mins: 17 Seconds: 12

I love it! I quit last night. I have more motivation this time because I have to quit for my gastric bypass. The surgery is way more important than smoking. I am chatting with FishMansBetrHalf right now, she is helping me stay sane. Heartlvr, please add me to your list. I'm gonna need some help!

dcut4
05-28-2002, 10:13 AM
Trufflez...email me at dcut4@hotmail.com

juliegirl78
05-28-2002, 10:18 AM
I've e-mailed Katinky... :p Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! :cool:

heartlvrs
05-28-2002, 10:26 AM
justinenycole26 Hey, where did u get that thing!

what thing? lol

Congratulations to you!! I am PROUD of each of you!!!

highseas welcome to BBS first off..and CONGRATS to you as well..

justinenycole26- will add you to the list:)

OOPS ALSO:

dcut4
Trufflez...email me at dcut4@xxxx

Super Cool!

juliegirl78
I've e-mailed Katinky... Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday

WOnderful!

I would like to suggest that once your "buddies" have responded to you, and added you to their address book and vice versus, that you let me know as well as removing your email addys from here for safetys sake:)

smartkarie
05-28-2002, 10:33 AM
Mine is smartkarie@yahoo.com
Please email me!
Karie

dcut4
05-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Here are my stats for today!!!

My Quit Date: 05/13/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 15
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 310
Amount Saved: $51.3
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 20 Mins: 17 Seconds: 7

you can go to habitrol.com and sign up...they will keep track of your stats like this...it is kinda fun to see it put down in writing how good you are doing.

heartlvrs
05-28-2002, 10:48 AM
thanks for reminding me dcut4..I totally forgot

For those of you that are quitting...go to www.habitrol.com and register, then take the journey, then everyday you can log in there and come here and post your stats:)

Also, let us know what your username there is so we can look for you there:)

highseas
05-28-2002, 11:47 AM
I wanted to say a BIG thank you for all of the welcomes I received!!! How sweet!!
Also the stat counter is really cool...Signing up for that...Thank you!!:D

justinenycole26
05-28-2002, 04:17 PM
Just joined the Habitrol website, my user name is the same as here, justinenycole26. I may not be here as much, being on the puter is when I smoked the most. GL everyone

heartlvrs
05-28-2002, 06:14 PM
justinenycole26 Just joined the Habitrol website, my user name is the same as here, justinenycole26. I may not be here as much, being on the puter is when I smoked the most. GL everyone

I did the same thing at first when I was cutting down..I changed alot of habits. So justineycole..thats probally a good ideal:) BUT do check in and give us your stats:) Did you want a support buddy?

highseas I wanted to say a BIG thank you for all of the welcomes I received!!! How sweet!!
Also the stat counter is really cool...Signing up for that...Thank you!!

YOU are more than welcomed:) let us know your habitrol name:) and did you want to join in the buddy list here?

Also for everyone else if you sign up at habitrol..my user name is: mrslkk

Believe in yourself. Believe that you can quit. Think about some of the most difficult things you have done in your life and realize that you have the guts and determination to quit smoking. It's up to you.
Good luck in your efforts to quit smoking

lisahiser
05-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Well I wasnt planning on quitting but hubby asked me on Friday if I would like to quit with him. ( well I did laugh cuz we have been threw this one before and he started back up and of course not long after i did too.) and I asked him if he was serious this time and he told me that he wasnt going to buy any more cigs, so i said ok lets give it a shot so i am on my final pack now and am going to try this again cold turkey! so I hopefully I can get threw this!
I signed up with Habitrol and my user name is lisahiser....

and trust me i can use all the support i can get!!!!!!
so thanks for making this post! and good luck to all of you guys who are doing this with me!

heartlvrs
05-28-2002, 07:54 PM
lisahiser Well I wasnt planning on quitting but hubby asked me on Friday if I would like to quit with him. ( well I did laugh cuz we have been threw this one before and he started back up and of course not long after i did too.) and I asked him if he was serious this time and he told me that he wasnt going to buy any more cigs, so i said ok lets give it a shot so i am on my final pack now and am going to try this again cold turkey! so I hopefully I can get threw this!
I signed up with Habitrol and my user name is lisahiser....

and trust me i can use all the support i can get!!!!!!
so thanks for making this post! and good luck to all of you guys who are doing this with me!

WELCOME HON!!! You know that saying when the rough gets going...the TOUGH get going (or something to that effect..lol)

We are so very glad for you to join in!!! Did you want a support buddy? And I will look for you at habitrol:)

justinenycole26
05-29-2002, 06:26 AM
I got sunflower seeds! It is really helping. It satisfies the hand-to-mouth addiction, and how many calories can you possible get out of a seed? LOL I havent made it all the way thru the Habitrol site yet, so I dont have stats. Well, I'm off to the shrink! Have to have my pre-surgery evaluation, which was supposed to be yesterday. Long story LOL GL everyone.

heartlvrs
05-29-2002, 07:21 AM
How are all my wonderful fine EX smoking friends doing today? Still working hard I can feel it! I know some of you have a quit date of June 1rst but thats ok, I know its not time yet for you...BUT it is time for you to work on the "mind set" to get yourself ready, prepared...because as you may or may not know, the smoking addiction is just as much psycological as well as physical. Its VERY important that you understand this. It will make you understand YOUR journey better and perhaps make it a tad easier. Speaking of easier, it may be easier on some here to quit more than others, but here again, thats ok! REALLY....it is..because guess what? It's what WE are here for!!

QUOTE FOR THE DAY

"Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."
Bill Bradley

Today's Strategy and Tips

How many times have you said I'll TRY to quit smoking, knowing full well that you don't really believe you can quit and don't really plan to quit? You must understand that quitting is not a game. Quitting is real life. If you are going to quit--QUIT! Don't just try. QUIT! If you stumble and start smoking again after quitting then quit again until you quit forever. Quit, or quit not. There is not try.

Clear out old tobacco, cigarettes, pipes, ashtrays and lighters. (If you have any really treasured items you don’t wish to throw out, put them in the attic or garden shed for now)make planters out of them for goodness sakes!

Funny for the day!

http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/010904.gif

last but not least..MY stats:)

Todays Date: 05/29/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 702
Amount Saved: $207
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 11 Mins: 38 Seconds: 35

esoteric
05-29-2002, 09:00 AM
I am just checking in for the day. i just joined the habitrol site and my nickname htere is esoteric . I decided that my goal for today will be to smoke every 2 hours instead of the every 35-45 minutes I usually do. This is a huge step for me. The strategy and tips for today are great. So is the idea about sunflower seeds. I can reach for them instead of a cigarette while online. Thanks and I will check in again soon and let everyone know how it is going.

juliegirl78
05-29-2002, 09:22 AM
Keep up the great work!!

heartlvrs
05-29-2002, 09:30 AM
Yes COngrats to all of you..and Esoteric..I am proud of you..thats a big step you are taking right there:) HUGS!

Also all of you folks that ARE quitting...when/if you sign up at the habitrol forum..pls take time to post a msg in the "Introduce Yourself" thread..that way I can locate you all and post to you:)

HUGS!! and KEEP up the great WORK!

heartlvrs
05-30-2002, 06:56 AM
Well, so how is everyone doing today? Still smoke free? If you are... SUPER!! If not..you WILL be...main key to success:
1. DONT give up on yourself...only the sickarettes.
2. If you slip...dont beat up on yourself...just start fresh as if it never happened.

For those of you going for the set date of June 1rst - Are you working on the mental? Remember it is a key ingredient in the recipe of success!

QUOTE FOR THE DAY

I am not discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
Thomas Edison

Today's Strategy and Tips

* Think positively, you can do it, tell yourself “I choose not to smoke – I am in control”

* Practice saying “no thanks I don’t smoke” or “no thanks I’ll have one later”

* Start a savings jar and put away the money you would have spent on cigarettes, and plan a treat for yourself.

Funny for the day!

http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/010828.gif

last but not least..MY stats

Todays Date: 05/30/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 24
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 731
Amount Saved: $216
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 13 Mins: 4 Seconds: 8

****When/if you sign up at the habitrol forum..pls take time to post a msg in the "Introduce Yourself" thread..that way I can locate you all and post to you

HUGS!! and KEEP up the great WORK!

Vixen
05-30-2002, 08:54 AM
Ok so I have been a little slow getting to this thread LOL but I am here and I am ready to support anyone who needs it..!!!!! or everyone.. YOU ALL CAN DO THIS........!!!!!!!!!!! Your strength in overcoming this is such an inspiration :)

Keep up the good work

heartlvrs
05-30-2002, 12:25 PM
email me please at my heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking dot com addy?

1. ahippiechic

2. jcowgirl77

3. smartkarie

4. trufflez

HUGS!

ajksmom
05-30-2002, 12:45 PM
...but I wanted to jump in here and say...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK... and

...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations for all of you trying to quit. :D :D

lisahiser
05-30-2002, 02:31 PM
I just wanted to jump in here and let everyone know how I am doing.
After going 10 hours without a cig. and then going to bed. I woke up this morning and fought the urge to have one!!!!- lol can you belive that my house is spottless and my laundry is all done! But I did stop and have 1 just 1! and that was at 1:30 p.m. and then I had one more around 3 p.m. cuz I was driving! I didnt even realize that I was doind it until it was too late! and I didnt even finish it! I just threw it out the window! so that makes 2 cigs today! total so far!

I AM SO PROUD OF ME!!!! and this is my last pack!

Hubby ran out last night so we shall see how he is doing when he gets home later tonight!

Just thought I would share!!!

heartlvrs
05-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Well I am EXTREMELY PROUD of YOU!!

So would you like a support buddy? you can email me at heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking dot com AND also WELCOME to our little support group!!!!

Also, have you signed up with habitrol.com so you can do a daily stat show?

And how bout the rest of you?? Where you at???

Hugs to all!!!

eeigh33
05-30-2002, 08:14 PM
I just wanted to pop in and give everyone a thank you for the support last night, and to says congrats to all those who are quitting! i knnow we can do it!

juliegirl78
05-30-2002, 09:20 PM
{{{hugs}}} to all the quitters!!

MistyWolf
05-30-2002, 09:44 PM
Here is something to hopefully help people quit smoking and stay that way .. good luck to everyone!

http://www.whyquit.com/whyquit/

(Make sure you click on the pictures of Bryan and Noni for a real eye-opener)

Domenique
05-31-2002, 01:01 PM
I think I am ready to quit. I have been smoking less and less for about a month now, down to 2 1/2 packs a week. But, I think I'm going to need some help. After reading this thread, you all may be what I need.

email me at dd2xs@hotmail.com

I'm off to sign up at habitrol.com

Registered there as Domenique. Could not find the "introduce yourself" link.

heartlvrs
05-31-2002, 09:28 PM
Hello all you NON smokers!!! I apologize for not being here earlier today to post tips etc..but for some reason it wouldnt let me post to this thread..wierd..but....in any case..I will be checking in here over the weekend to see how you all are doing:)

I know that we have some who's quit date is tomorrow..so lets all give them some extra support!! HUGS to each of you:) I KNOW you can do it!! and if you get an urge type type type!! contact your support buddies..come here..go to habitrol..but DO NOT GIVE IN!! Remember..urge only lasts a few minutes...and drink lots and lots of water!! Do you remember the first few tips here and at habitrol?

TIPS: (TY habitrol)

You may be faced with high risk tempting situations that you couldn't plan ahead for. Remember to:

AVOID the situation

LEAVE the situation

DISTRACT yourself from the craving

DELAY taking that cigarette (the urge will pass within five minutes)

Use SELF TALK

and BTW: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

lisahiser I posted a reply to your post at habitrol

Domenique I posted a reply to your post at habitrol

WELCOME!!! And congrats to you!!!! Please email me at heartlvrs@1-quit-smoking.com

I want to get you two signed up with a buddy!! Okies:)

HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!

ALso i will be coming and finding you at habitrol.com

Todays Date: 06/01/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 26
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 780
Amount Saved: $234
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 8 Mins: 12 Seconds: 27

http://www.ohangel.com/images/heart0005.jpg

KATinKY
05-31-2002, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to come in and say thank you everyone for your support. I am quitting tomorrow cold turkey and I wont be online much knowing that I also smoke more when I am at the computer. I got to quit. I will check back in and let you all know how it goes. thank you heartlvrs for starting this support post, I dont think I could even do it if it wasnt for you thoughfulness. Thanx so much. Good night everyone.

Domenique
06-01-2002, 03:23 AM
I want to pick a quit date. Here's the problem, my 2 grandsons are coming to stay with us for a week. Now, I have never smoked in front of them and we have spent a lot time together. The first time I quit smoking was when my DIL was pregnet with the first one nine years ago. I stayed off for 2 years. Dumb, dumb me for going back. But, that is way ot. Do I pick a quit date before they come, or wait until they are gone? I don't want to be a nasty B##t#h while they are here.

heartlvrs
06-01-2002, 06:59 AM
Domenique I want to pick a quit date. Here's the problem, my 2 grandsons are coming to stay with us for a week. Now, I have never smoked in front of them and we have spent a lot time together. The first time I quit smoking was when my DIL was pregnet with the first one nine years ago. I stayed off for 2 years. Dumb, dumb me for going back. But, that is way ot. Do I pick a quit date before they come, or wait until they are gone? I don't want to be a nasty B##t#h while they are here.

For myself I think I would set the quit date for their first day to be scheduled with you. Since you said you dont smoke around them anyways, this would probally work well for you. Look at this way...its a NEW beginning....and your visit with them each time is fresh and new...so keep those two thoughts in hand:) Get yourself something like carrots, sunflower seeds, suckers or whatever to help you. And if you get the urge..delay and do something an urge only lasts a few minutes:) And like I suggested for Katinky below..if you have a real bad urge...get yourself and those kiddies to mall or someplace where you CANNOT smoke:) ANd keep us updated! HUGS!!

KATinKY Hi everyone. I just wanted to come in and say thank you everyone for your support. I am quitting tomorrow cold turkey and I wont be online much knowing that I also smoke more when I am at the computer. I got to quit. I will check back in and let you all know how it goes. thank you heartlvrs for starting this support post, I dont think I could even do it if it wasnt for you thoughfulness. Thanx so much. Good night everyone.

Katinky I am SO VERY proud of you hon...and you are welcomed. Changing habits all the way around is a very good ideal. I understand the reasons about not being here much, I was same way...but I do encourage you to check in here and stay in contact with your support buddy!!! Just remember ..if you get the urge..delay the thought..go for a walk or do anything that you want that will help take your mind off it as well as do something like go to a mall or store where you cant smoke at all. HUGS hon..and YES you CAN do IT!!! **Did you lay in a supply of carrots, celery, hard candy or suckers? {{KATINKY}}

jerseybarb
06-01-2002, 12:37 PM
My quit date was April 7, 2001. I used nicotine gum and my girlfriend who is an ex-smoker as a "sponser". My gf is also my AA sponser, so that makes things easier.

Quitting smoking was easier than I thought. But the second day was AWFUL. So when I want to smoke, I repeat "If you go back to smoking, when you quit you'll have to go through Day 2 AGAIN!"

My problem is getting off the #@$%$#@ gum!. I've started to withdraw myself off the gum this week. Because I used nicotine gum in a recreational sense, I decided to chew 1 piece every 3 hours. Yesterday was great--I was chewing a piece of nicotine gum every 4 to 6 hours. But today, I'm climbing the walls! I barely made it to 3 hours when I had my 2nd piece of gum today. Oh well, I guess its another "Day 2" thing LOL

Next week I hope to go to 4 hours between pieces of gum. I quit booze & drugs cold turkey, so I should be able to gradually withdraw myself off nicotine gum.

I found that doing work around the house helps--So it looks like I'm going to have a REALLY CLEAN HOUSE! ROFL
:) :) :) ;) ;) :p :cool:

heartlvrs
06-01-2002, 08:01 PM
jerseybarb My quit date was April 7, 2001. I used nicotine gum and my girlfriend who is an ex-smoker as a "sponser". My gf is also my AA sponser, so that makes things easier.

Quitting smoking was easier than I thought. But the second day was AWFUL. So when I want to smoke, I repeat "If you go back to smoking, when you quit you'll have to go through Day 2 AGAIN!"

My problem is getting off the #@$%$#@ gum!. I've started to withdraw myself off the gum this week. Because I used nicotine gum in a recreational sense, I decided to chew 1 piece every 3 hours. Yesterday was great--I was chewing a piece of nicotine gum every 4 to 6 hours. But today, I'm climbing the walls! I barely made it to 3 hours when I had my 2nd piece of gum today. Oh well, I guess its another "Day 2" thing LOL

Next week I hope to go to 4 hours between pieces of gum. I quit booze & drugs cold turkey, so I should be able to gradually withdraw myself off nicotine gum.

I found that doing work around the house helps--So it looks like I'm going to have a REALLY CLEAN HOUSE! ROFL

Howdy! and welcome...You know the road somewhat..but from what I can figure..you dont really know alot of support..which is ok..because for alot of us here that are quitting..nor do we..THIS is our MAIN support..know we are here for you and each other ALL the time:) Just stay strong and keep us updated..you will find this in itself will help you:) HUGS!

missymommy
06-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by MistyWolf
Here is something to hopefully help people quit smoking and stay that way .. good luck to everyone!

(Make sure you click on the pictures of Bryan and Noni for a real eye-opener)

Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say. I am sitting here crying. That site is so powerful!

YOU ARE ALL DOING SO GREAT. AND YOU WILL BE SEEING ME SOON. I really want to do it right this time so I am going to call my doctor first. I will make an appointment on Monday.

If you have already quit don't ever go back!!!!

HUGGLES to you all!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{heartlvrs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

If you need a lil push just go to the site above. Watch the video.
I don't speak spanish but the emotion is so vivid in her face. I just can't imagine. And I don't want to end up like Noni.

Nite Nite everyone!

Okiechick
06-02-2002, 01:14 AM
I just went to the website that showed the pictures of the people who died, and the lungs. I smoke!!! I was reading about all these people, while puffing away on a nasty cigarette! I have smoked since I was 12, I'm almost 40 now.

Okay, I don't know who to ask for help here! After seeing that site, I do wanna quit! I smoke about 2 packs a day. I usually go outside to smoke, I don't like to smoke in my house but do occasionally while sitting here at my computer with the window open like now. (I hate the smell, funny huh?) and I wanna quit!!!!

Any one? Advise? Does anyone else need a stop smoking buddy!? PLMK...my God after seeing that, I really do wanna quit!!!

Okiechick@pacer.com

heartlvrs
06-02-2002, 05:38 AM
Okiechick I just went to the website that showed the pictures of the people who died, and the lungs. I smoke!!! I was reading about all these people, while puffing away on a nasty cigarette! I have smoked since I was 12, I'm almost 40 now.

Okay, I don't know who to ask for help here! After seeing that site, I do wanna quit! I smoke about 2 packs a day. I usually go outside to smoke, I don't like to smoke in my house but do occasionally while sitting here at my computer with the window open like now. (I hate the smell, funny huh?) and I wanna quit!!!!

Any one? Advise? Does anyone else need a stop smoking buddy!? PLMK...my God after seeing that, I really do wanna quit!!!

Ok, now you made the decision....this is a wonderful start and I am very proud of YOU! I have some others who need a buddy, and will get you one assigned today sometime or tomorrow..BUT...in between then..come here all that you want...go to www.habitrol.com and sign up there as well....then you tell me your quit date....ok? I know that YOU can do this...I have no doubts:) and if you should slip its ok..get right back on the horse:) Let us know your date ok? and email me pls at heartlvrs@i-quit-smoking.com HUGS hon!!!

Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say. I am sitting here crying. That site is so powerful!

YOU ARE ALL DOING SO GREAT. AND YOU WILL BE SEEING ME SOON. I really want to do it right this time so I am going to call my doctor first. I will make an appointment on Monday.

Thanks hon for the support..I can HARDLY wait for you to join us!!

Can you all beleive that tomorrow (Monday) makes a full month of being totally smoke free?? WOOHOO!! If I (a 3-4 packa day) person can do this in one month...so can you:) HUGS!!

octnan2000
06-02-2002, 06:37 AM
Today is day 19 for me...I quit on May 14th and so far I'm doing ok. I quit 2 years ago for 8 months but went back in a stressful situation and I have never been so sorry about anything in my life! I have had a few cravings in the last few days but every time I think I really want a cigarette I tell myself that just 1 cigarette will put me back to day 1 so I wait for the craving to pass and gain another day!

Keep up the good work everyone...if I can do it anyone can!!!

MistyWolf
06-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Congrats to all us non-smokers! .. you have to keep telling yourself you are a non-smoker .. make your brain believe!

Yes that is a very powerful website. I printed the picture of Bryan and was going to post it on the fridge and look at it when I wanted a smoke, but instead buried it under a pile of papers :( .. bad me!

7 weeks ago today I went to the hospital for a weeks stay .. they say I had a stroke and don't know the cause .. I am 35!, and have been smoking off and on since I was 12. I wasn't smoking a lot either .. the past year or two less than a 1/2 a pack a day. And smoking is a contributor to strokes and believe me you don't want to go through that .. I was lucky, I am pretty much like I was before the stroke .. not all people are that lucky. Read Mays copy of Lady's Home Journal for a really good article on strokes and the causes .. you can bet smoking is up there.

And for all you major pack a day smokers .. my dad was a 3-4 pack/day smoker and quit about 12 years ago .. cold turkey .. and he still is not smoking, and more important, healthy!

Good luck and congrats .. keep up the good work :)

MistyWolf
06-02-2002, 09:07 AM
I went to get hypnotized to quit smoking a couple years ago but just didn't follow up with it so it didn't work .. but the guy did say something that is interesting.

He said all but one tobacco company puts sugar in the nicotine and sugar is addicting .. this is a way the tobacco companies get us more hooked (it was either Carlton or Camel that does not do this) .. He said to put a pez candy under your tongue and let it melt .. do not chew it .. this triggers your brain to thinking you had a smoke cause you just had your sugar fix. The sugar that is in a pez candy equals the sugar in one cigarette .. worth a try if you are having a hard time.

ahippiechic
06-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Ok, I didn't die last night without a smoke, ( but I felt like it.) I had 1 with my coffee at 8 this morning, but none since then. 1 smoke in 24 hours, not too bad, but I am in a horrible mood. Coughed up a ton of crap when I first got up, YUCK! But better it be out, than in my lungs, I guess! Now I'm gonna go find someone to terrorize, since hubby is asleep I can't be mean to him. I feel MEAN!

Okiechick
06-02-2002, 12:58 PM
I've only been awake for a little over an hour. (MY day to sleep in, I work 6 days a week and thought I deserved it! lol). First thing I usually do is grab a smoke. I didn't. It's been a little over an hour now, and I wanna smoke soooooooooo bad! I don't even feel like I am typing gently. I feel like I am banging the keys into the desk. In the past hour I have yelled at the dog, slammed my computer room door, cleaned my living room, and answered email. without a cigarette!!!

I am gonna try really really hard to quit. I have a beautiful new grandson (my 1st) who is just the joy of my life. I want to see him grow up and I wanna do things with him. I know if I continue to smoke, my chances of dying are very high. Okay, I'm going out to wash and wax my car soon. Then I am going to wally world and getting some of that nicorette gum. I know I will probably fall today, I know I will probably have a nasty cigarette. But I am gonna TRY not to!

heartlvrs
06-02-2002, 07:24 PM
I've only been awake for a little over an hour. (MY day to sleep in, I work 6 days a week and thought I deserved it! lol). First thing I usually do is grab a smoke. I didn't.

WOW...do you realize what you did?? I know for me that first one in the morning was one I JUST had to have....especially with my coffee..BUT you didnt have one this is a tremendous effort and just tickles me!! I am so very very proud of you:) Now...during the day when those sicarette urges hit..find something to occupy you...for me it was something that involved real effort..because I generally smoked while I did whatever...if like I said last nite..you find that like me you smoke whenever whatever..go to a mall or something similar where you are TOTALLY unable too...drink lots and lots of water...

TIP: To help get around that "first thing morning" sicarette, try switching to decaff coffee and/or tea..did you know that the caffeine is a trigger for smoking? If you find you MUST have it..do this...go to store and buy the maxwell lite coffee...or just a reg bag of decaf coffee...start blending small amounts into your regular coffee more and more until you are weaned..then stay with the decaf (I had to do this) and now I drink decaf totally:)

http://webcards.giftfriends.com/congratulations/flower_purple.jpg

heartlvrs
06-02-2002, 07:49 PM
I considered today that sometimes there are things that are needed to really kick us in the rear and put us in the right gear. The other day I looked at the website that mistywolf(Thank you) put here the other day. I looked at it again earlier today and yes its terrible, yes its so terribly sad..but do you want to know what stuck with me..its all I could think of today...and I told other people about it.

Ok, you are asking, well I will tell you, first though, I have seen some post here about the terrible illnesses they cope with or have had to cope with, the effects of smoking on them. So, I decided that this would really jumpstart some of you. Yes, as I said before I smoked 3-4 packs a day..did I feel the effects? YES!!!I would go up steps and get short of breath, or make quick movements and found myself breathing hard..so yeah I felt them...did it make me quit..NO...fine you say, what did make me take the plunge? Back in the winter I had a really bad chest cold, it was terrible, I couldnt breathe...I felt my chest was tight, so the doctor gave me a breathing test...what he said made an effect upon me..he said you know its sad that a 38 year old woman was breathing like a 60 year old woman 60!! Yikes! So I pondered awhile, and I called him, said ok, I want to quit..but there was alot going on here..and it was the holidays..so he said lets get thru this then we are going to do it..I got thru it..but again life got busy...then I had my yearly checkup and the dr (different one) asked me if I was still smoking..he offered the zyban anytime I wanted it..I considered it for about a month or two...and now here I am..smoke free for a month...but anyways..I am sure you are wondering what on that web page made an impression on me so strongly..here it is...a few brief words but a VERY powerful impact...so strong it scared me..as it should you...I will put them here along with a poignant card and that will be it until tomorrow (or someone needs me tonite) and I want ALL of you to consider it...then USE it! Its strong medicine...so with out further delay. I also will not do this type of post often...but felt the need today after reading on that webpage again...it pretty much guarantees I am a lifetime QUITTER!

The words I read
"If it hurts, it is already too late"

http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/deathcards/cigbox.gif

justinenycole26
06-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Well, here I am, 6 days later. I have not been online much because thats when I smoked the most, but it is getting a little easier. For the first 4 days or so, I was so consumed by wanting a cigarette I could not think of anything else, even at times when I normally would not have been smoking anyway. Was anyone else like this, or am I just a freak? The 3rd day was by far the most excrutiating. I wanted to cry, the craving was SO bad, but at the same time I did not want to have to admit defeat. SO I sucked it up and ate about a zillion pistachios. I still crave cigarettes now, but not as bad as I did before. I went to Wal-Mart tonite and bought potpourri crocks, potpourri, incense, candles, essential oil, etc to make my house smell good. I always hated that my house did not smell good like people's houses that dont smoke. I cleaned out my car too. Well, here are my "stats" Hope everyone is doing well.

Todays Date: 06/02/2002
My Quit Date: 05/27/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 69
Amount Saved: $10.34
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 8 Mins: 46 Seconds: 39

heartlvrs
06-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Well, here I am, 6 days later. I have not been online much because thats when I smoked the most, but it is getting a little easier. For the first 4 days or so, I was so consumed by wanting a cigarette I could not think of anything else, even at times when I normally would not have been smoking anyway. Was anyone else like this, or am I just a freak? The 3rd day was by far the most excrutiating. I wanted to cry, the craving was SO bad, but at the same time I did not want to have to admit defeat. SO I sucked it up and ate about a zillion pistachios. I still crave cigarettes now, but not as bad as I did before. I went to Wal-Mart tonite and bought potpourri crocks, potpourri, incense, candles, essential oil, etc to make my house smell good. I always hated that my house did not smell good like people's houses that dont smoke. I cleaned out my car too. Well, here are my "stats" Hope everyone is doing well.

You are doing so great!! And yes now that you have this far.."de-smoke" your home, car and everywhere else that you smoked...and those old ashtrays...plant them! make a bird feeder with them...anything but "use" them:) I am very proud of you! And nope..NO going back now!!! And I know that feeling about wanting my house to smell like others!! Now if my DH would quit and my boss....hmmm

http://www.inspire21.com/Images/eCardART/waytogo.jpg

jerseybarb
06-02-2002, 09:06 PM
I am trying to get myself off nicotine gum and its not going too well. I will NOT go back to smoking, but nicotine has been my "best friend" for so long. Tobacco smoke has 4000 toxic chemicals, nicotine gum only has 1 chemical, so I know its far better than smoking. I am on a schedule of 1 piece every 3 hours and I've done that (or even went longer) but I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HAVING ANOTHER PIECE OF GUM. I went to the Habitrol site and took the nicotine dependecy test and I was rated very highly dependent upon nicotine. I've been smoke free for over a year, and want to be nicotine free too. Am I doomed to chew the gum the rest of my life? I would do that if I had to, but I dont want to. I visited that site about the woman who died at 33 from cigarette smoking, and I cried, it was so sad.

It will be a week for me being on the every 3 hour schedule on tommorrow. I wonder if it will get better
:mad: :( :eek: :( :mad: :eek:

MistyWolf
06-02-2002, 10:04 PM
For all of us who made it through yet another wonderful day smoke free!

I too had to tell everyone about that site when I first seen it. I couldn't help it .. it left quite an impression. Another thing that struck home was I think the last cigarette to click on .. it lets you pick out your funeral! Talk about an eye-opener :(

Here to a successful tomorrow for everyone!! Continued good luck and be strong cause we can all do it.

Okiechick
06-02-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry y'all, I BLEW IT! I smoked 5 cigarettes today.:( I smoke about 2 pks a day normally, but I still blew it today. The craving was just too much!

My daughter wanted me to take the baby tonight, and I had to tell her NO WAY. I am stressing beyond belief. My husband actually went into the other room and shut the door, I thought I was gonna kill him! He didn't really do anything, he was just grating on my last nerves, and without a smoke, it was really, really BAD.

I guess I should try this frame of mind. I smoked 5 today, tomorrow I can go less, the next day less. I am really trying hard y'all, and I am honestly pretty disappointed in myself.:(

Heartlvrs, you have been wonderful! You have such encouraging words. Sorry I let ya down:( I'll try harder tomorrow....

MistyWolf
06-02-2002, 10:21 PM
Okie .. tomorrow is another day. Just try to start over again and don't let the cravings get the best of you. You have to change your total way of thinking. Tell yourself over and over again you are a non-smoker. Trick your brain into thinking you never picked up a cigarette .. believe and it will happen. Don't be a victim, be a survivor :)

Okiechick
06-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MistyWolf
Okie .. tomorrow is another day. Just try to start over again and don't let the cravings get the best of you. You have to change your total way of thinking. Tell yourself over and over again you are a non-smoker. Trick your brain into thinking you never picked up a cigarette .. believe and it will happen. Don't be a victim, be a survivor :)

Thanks Misty, I am gonna try harder. I don't wanna die early from smoking, I have too much to live for. That website really did it for me, it was horrible! Sad! I don't wanna be there. Thanks for your kind words.

Okiechick

dcut4
06-03-2002, 09:28 AM
Just checking in...have been off most of last week due to a whole housefull of family....here are my stats...THREE WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!

Todays Date: 06/03/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 430
Amount Saved: $71.82
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 7 Mins: 10 Seconds: 55

I havn't had the chance to look through the thread to see how all the June first quitters are doing...hang tight everyone, it gets easier and easier, if you slip get back on the horse...this is the hardest yet best thing you will ever do.

Ok one bad note...I have gained 8 pounds in three weeks, I also went on the pill this month and that makes me gain weight too...so today I started fishrmnsbettrhalfs 3 day diet (yuck grapefruit). God if its not the smoking its the weight:rolleyes: oh well I told myself when I stopped if I had to gain 10-20 pounds to do it, so be it. Not gonna die a slow painful death from 10-20 pounds but will from a pack and half a day 28 year smoking habit.

WE CAN DO THIS>>WE ARE STRONGER THAN THE CIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heartlvrs
06-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Okiechick
Just a Lil Ole' OKIE
I'm sorry y'all, I BLEW IT! I smoked 5 cigarettes today. I smoke about 2 pks a day normally, but I still blew it today. The craving was just too much!

My daughter wanted me to take the baby tonight, and I had to tell her NO WAY. I am stressing beyond belief. My husband actually went into the other room and shut the door, I thought I was gonna kill him! He didn't really do anything, he was just grating on my last nerves, and without a smoke, it was really, really BAD.

I guess I should try this frame of mind. I smoked 5 today, tomorrow I can go less, the next day less. I am really trying hard y'all, and I am honestly pretty disappointed in myself.

Heartlvrs, you have been wonderful! You have such encouraging words. Sorry I let ya down I'll try harder tomorrow....

1. YOU are doing great hon!! I am very proud of you!!
2. You cannot disappoint me ...because I know you WILL succeed..and Thank you:)

juliegirl78
06-03-2002, 07:01 PM
http://animations-galore.com/gallery/Smiley%20Faces/face4.gif Just dropping in with smilies for everyone! I know that each and every one of you can do this! Don't give up! http://animations-galore.com/gallery/Smiley%20Faces/face4.gif

MistyWolf
06-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Hip-Hip-Hoopay!!! .. This is for everyone that made it yet another day :) .. don't let the nicotine monster get the best of ya!!

justinenycole26
06-05-2002, 10:42 AM
Well, here it is, day 9.

My Milage:

Todays Date: 06/05/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 9
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 95
Amount Saved: $15.51
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 4 Mins: 56 Seconds: 43

I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!

The cravings are so few and far between now, and not nearly as strong. I will NEVER go back! I do not want to relive Day 3 ever again. I haven't really noticed feeling any healthier, but I do have more energy. I'm not falling asleep at work like I used to. My finacee' is so happy, he has never smoked in his life and had to live with my smoke. I hope everything is going well for everyone else. Hang in there, it gets better.

dcut4
06-05-2002, 11:56 AM
WAY TO GO justinenycole26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todays Date: 06/05/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 471
Amount Saved: $78.66
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 13 Mins: 45 Seconds: 53

As you can see I am on day 23 and this is the first day I have put "getting alot easier" down at the habitrol sight. Last night was also the first time I actually noticed a difference health wise. I came up the basement stairs with laundry and was not out of breath for the first time in ...well a long time!!!! So I know my lung capacity is increasing. Hopped on a diet Mon. and am so dang fixated on food I really haven't thought about cigs for 3 days now:rolleyes:
Next Mon. I join the gym where my daughter works and start working on getting in shape....hubby said he wasn't sure who the heck I was but I sure wans't his wife..she smokes, eats like a crazy and the thought of a walk would just get a smart a@@ remark from her.....hmmmmm, come to think of it I don't really reconize myself either:D hope I can keep it all up...the smoking I KNOW I CAN!!

Good luck to everyone who is trying..no succeeding at quitting and remember if you slip, just try again!

Now anyone got a twinkie???

esoteric
06-06-2002, 08:43 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am just checking in. I am so glad to see we( the quitters) are making so much progress. It took me awhile to get started on being smoke free. For me it was a huge mental addiction and I had to work on that too. Right now I am having a major craving so I am off to do some Tae-Bo . I hope everyone continues to be smoke free.
My buddy fishmansbetrhalf is so supportive. This would be alot tougher without her Thanks Buddy

mesue
06-06-2002, 10:59 AM
To whomever posted the website about the victims (smokers) who died to young, Thank You so much, I've quit for about 8 weeks now and every once an while I still get a craving But I've promised myself before I ever pick up another cigarette I have got to spend at least 15 minutes looking at this website and then if I still want a cigarette I can have one, which isn't going to happen if I stick to my promise and spend some time at that website. I put it in my saved list so that I can find it easily. Thank You.

dcut4
06-06-2002, 11:01 AM
good idea mesue!!!

DreamWarrior
06-06-2002, 11:45 AM
http://www.jollyrancher.com/images/products/lollipops_main.jpg

Heres some Jolly Rancher lollipops for all of you new NON-SMOKERS!!!!!

dcut4
06-06-2002, 12:17 PM
I have ate so many jolly ranchers the last few weeks my fillings are loose!! maybe thats where the extra 10 pounds came from..ya think LOL

gonna go grab one now:rolleyes:

heartlvrs
06-06-2002, 12:18 PM
I didnt want any of you to think I havent been watching or praying for you..but most of you know my situation..and I havent had much chance to be in here...but I will again soon:)

I just wanted to give each and every one of you a giant sized hug!! You are ALL doing soooo great!!!

Also, a big Thank you to the "fishr"- for watching out for this thread here!

My Stats:

1 Month 3 days totally smoke free:)

HUGS ALL AND SEE YA SOON!!!!

dcut4
06-06-2002, 12:28 PM
I swear up until this moment I did not think of sugar free candy:rolleyes: maybe I am still in that fog.....

MistyWolf
06-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Mesue .. you are welcome for the post and I hope you make it .. that is a very powerful website!

And FishmansBetrHalf and who ever else missed that link .. here it is again.

ahippiechic
06-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Ok....my quitting smoking didn't last long at all! One call from my family is all it took. Now I know why I moved 1800 miles away.......they drive me crazy! I'm making a Dr.'s app. before I try again, maybe I can get something that'll help. Thanx to all you guys for the support, I'm not giving up, just need to find another way to go about it.

And Sunee, if you see this, can you email (barryandconniefly@yahoo.com) me, please?

(Put BBS or something in the subject line, so I don't accidently delete it)

justinenycole26
06-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Page 4???? This will never do. Here are my stats:

Todays Date: 06/07/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 117
Amount Saved: $18.96
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 14 Mins: 1 Seconds: 58

I feel great still. I pretty much go the whole day without thinking about smoking more than once or twice, and thats when I walk by the smoking room at work. I hope everyone is doing well. Ahippiechic, don't give up, just see your Dr. and do what works for you. Cold turkey was the only way for me, any other way took too much focus on not smoking, and I would rather be distracted.

heartlvrs
06-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Okies folks! ITs time to check in!! How is everyone doing? Me? I am tickled pink with myself. I was given my walking papers as many of you know last week..BUT I am STILL smoke free!!

I know we each all have problems, we each have our own responsibilities...did you know that one of your GREATEST responsibilities is to yourself? YEP, its true....its your responsibility to take care of yourself for all of your loved ones and friends? I mean seriously WHAT would they do without you??:( On a lighter note though, I am proud of all of you for just making the effort..ahippiechic..get yourself to dr and get right back on that horse!!! YOU CAN do this hon..I know it..and so do you:)

HUGS TO ALL!!!! And please forgive me for not having kept up with this better this past week..thanks:)

My stats can you believe its been a month? ALREADY???
Todays Date: 06/08/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 33
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1018
Amount Saved: $297
Life Saved:
1 week 1 day 5 hours 50 mins

MistyWolf
06-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Just checking to see how everyone was doing here. Sunday marked week number 8 for me!

Hope everyone else is doing as well and keep up the good work :)

dcut4
06-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Oh heartlvrs so glad to see the events of the last week did not throw you back, was scared to ask....boy you KNOW now that you got this puppy whipped!!!!

I am doing GREAT! as you can see I finally after all this time figured out what to put under my name

Todays Date: 06/11/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 29
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 580
Amount Saved: $99.18
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 11 Mins: 54 Seconds: 26

These stats are a little off...I really did smoke 1 1/2 packs a day but only put 1 down so the savings and cigs not smoked is even greater! Everyone is doing SO GOOD!!!!

dcut4
06-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Oh heartlvrs so glad to see the events of the last week did not throw you back, was scared to ask....boy you KNOW now that you got this puppy whipped!!!!

I am doing GREAT! as you can see I finally after all this time figured out what to put under my name

Todays Date: 06/11/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 29
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 580
Amount Saved: $99.18
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 11 Mins: 54 Seconds: 26

These stats are a little off...I really did smoke 1 1/2 packs a day but only put 1 down so the savings and cigs not smoked is even greater! Everyone is doing SO GOOD!!!!

heartlvrs
06-13-2002, 05:51 AM
Good Morning!!! How are all my fine peeps out there doing? I wanted to update some of you and encourage the rest of you I hope:)..Anyways I have been "naked" as the habitrol forum calls it for three days...no pills, no patches....and so far really good!!! No smokes!...Can you beleive I have been smoke free for 38 Yep THIRTY EIGHT days!!! WOW! Now, heres the kicker....I know that you all will manage this....I know we will all be quitters...! Woohoo...I am going to ask that all of you post us an update here please:) It dont matter if you had one or whatever we are here to encourage and support you:) And if you did have one..tell us about it...what was the triggers..what made you breakdown and have it? See, if we can we possibly could help you DELAY or find another solution around the trigger...But in any event please do let us all know how you are doing:)

Tip of the day
Quit smoking one day at a time. Do not concern yourself with next year, next month, next week or even tomorrow. Concentrate on not smoking from the time you wake up until you go to sleep.

Encouragement of the Day
http://free.bluemountain.com/enggifs/ashley/hrtword/hrtword2cp.gif
Cartoon of the Day
http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/990629.gif

Last but NOT least!
Stats for the Day

Smoke-Free Days: 38 (One month, one week, 6 hours, 47 minutes and 52 seconds.)
2679 cigarettes not smoked,
saving $377.85.
Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes.

dcut4
06-13-2002, 07:39 AM
Todays Date: 06/13/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 31
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 942
Amount Saved: $168.28
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 1 Mins: 53 Seconds: 11

ONE MONTH TODAY OF NOT SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it!!!!!!

hope everyone is doing good. We bought a new van (well new to me( the other day and I won't let hubby smoke in it...he looked at me and said "geesh, you really are a non-smoker now" YEP I AM! after 28 years I finally won the battle with NIC!!!

esoteric
06-13-2002, 08:07 AM
It is so great to see so much progress being made. I glad we all decided to do it. I would have not made it without the support of my buddy and the support of others. I am so proud of us :). I have been nicotine free for one week now. YEAH!!! I am going to celebrate with cake and icecream. yum :). I enjoy reading the updates and the experiences others are having. Here are my stats. I will be glad when I get to the one moth milestone, and I plan on making it too. Take care and God Bless

esoteric's Glove Compartment

My Milage:

Todays Date: 06/13/2002
My Quit Date: 06/06/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 104
Amount Saved: $21
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 1 Mins: 59 Seconds: 13

dcut4
06-13-2002, 08:35 AM
esoteric...CONGRATS on hitting the one week milestone!!!!! Thats when I KNEW I had this licked. WAY TO GO!!!!!

heartlvrs
06-13-2002, 08:57 AM
WOW!!!!!!!! I am sooo super super proud of the BOTH of you!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heartlvrs
06-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Okies! How are ALL of you NON Smokers??? Sorry, I have been out of town unexpectedly since Thursday last week...BUT I still havent went back to the patches nor the zyban in a week! And I have NO desire to smoke..woohoo!! I am still smoke free!:)
So how are you lovely folks doing? Cut down? Quit? Tell us!!!

Tip of the day
Be aware that many routine situations will trigger the urge for a cigarette. Situations which will trigger a response include: drinking coffee, alcohol, sitting in a bar, social events with smoking friends, card games, the end of meals. Try to maintain your normal routine while quitting. If any event seems to tough, leave it and go back to it later. Do not feel you must give up any activity forever. Everything you did as a smoker, you will learn to do at least as well, and maybe better, as an ex-smoker.

Encouragement of the Day
http://www.cartoonsoup.com/postcard-direct/images/horn.jpg

Cartoon of the Day
http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/990608.gif
Last but NOT least!
Stats for the Day

Todays Date: 06/17/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 42 (Naked days: 7 out of 42!!)
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2981
Amount Saved: $420.44
Life Gained:
Days: 1 week 3 days 8 hrs 25 mins

gypsy357
06-19-2002, 09:12 AM
Well, I am going to quit today......but I need help! My email addy is gypsy357@zoominternet.net
Write me I need buddy support, cause Im gonna do it without the nicotine patches or any help!

heartlvrs
06-19-2002, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone! HOW IS IT GOING???? I just know that you all are doing great!!! NOW I am still "naked" and STILL smoke free:)went to Drs yesterday and he was in shock! I was actually due to "step down" to step 2..but thats ok..I am totally off EVERYTHING and feel great!

gypsy357 Well, I am going to quit today......but I need help! My email addy is gypsy357@zoominternet.net
Write me I need buddy support, cause Im gonna do it without the nicotine patches or any help!

Hey I am very proud of you for making this effort!! I believe you can and WILL do this!! I will email just as soon as my email is up and working again. In the meantime, please sign up at www.habitrol.com and then post in here what your user name there is ok? If I or anyone dont reply immediately here..please go to the habitrol support forum...they are a great bunch of folks there and you will love it.

Follow the tips posted thruout this post..with the key ingredient..DELAY DELAY DELAY!!! Drink DRINK DRINK! Water that is:) and get you a supply of sugar free hard candy or lolipops:) We ARE here for you:)

HUGS!!! and my stats for the day..hey look! I AM a NONSMOKER!!!!!!!!!!!

One month, one week, six days, 14 hours, 39 minutes and 47 seconds. 3122 cigarettes not smoked, saving $440.30. Life saved: 1 week, 3 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes.

MistyWolf
06-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Way To Go Heartlvrs .. and how is everyone else doing? 10 weeks today and still going strong :) .. doesn't it feel great being a non-smoker???

justinenycole26
06-23-2002, 06:24 PM
Oh my gosh! Heartlvrs, you smoked 70 cigs a day???????? You poor woman! I am so proud of you. It was He!! for me and I only smoked about 10 a day. Here are my stats:

justinenycole26's Glove Compartment
My Milage:

Todays Date: 06/23/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 27
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 278
Amount Saved: $46.55
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 19 Mins: 17 Seconds: 58

Thats $600 a year I am not spending! Well, not on cigs anyway, I'm still spending it. LOL GL everyone.

coffeelovin
06-23-2002, 06:32 PM
DH and I have been smoke free for 6 weeks! We both quit together. We were using the Zyban and the patch and then we both just quit the both of those things too. Good luck to everyone we can do it!!

Todays Date: 06/23/2002
My Quit Date: 05/17/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 37
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 378
Amount Saved: $132.14
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 11 Mins: 37 Seconds: 4

heartlvrs
06-24-2002, 10:04 AM
WOW I am so super impressed by how great you are all doing!!! I also wanted to apologize for me not having been here...between looking for a job (no leads yet:(..and my service not working properly here (roadrunner) I havent been on, and not supporting you the way I feel I should. I pray that each of you will remain strong!! And yep! It feels so great being able to answer NO I DONT smoke!! I find it unreal..it is a TRUE miracle!! One I prayed for and received:)

My Stats now!!: LOOK!!
One month, two weeks, four days, 11 hours, 22 minutes and 40 seconds. 3463 cigarettes not smoked, saving $488.30. Life saved: 1 week, 5 days, 35 minutes.----Todays Date: 06/24/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 49
(TWO WHOLE weeks no patches..no pills and doing GREAT!) I beleive it would be safe for me to say that I am a NONSMOKER!!! Woohoo!!)

dcut4
06-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Here are my stats.

I know I am a non smoker...fighting with hubby alot lately and still have not grabbed one of his cigs...tempting but no I have not and will not do it!

Todays Date: 06/24/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 42
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1276
Amount Saved: $228
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 3 Mins: 38 Seconds: 14

eveyone is doing so good!!!
I still can't belive I quit after all these years..28 years to be exact.

heartlvrs
06-26-2002, 10:23 AM
dcut - WOW!!!! I am super super proud of you!!! WTG!

And I am tremendously proud of the rest of you as well!!! See, we can do it!! I just love being a NONsmoker..and I truly THANK all my friends and supporters for helping me!!! HUGS TO YOU ALL!!

Okies....how are the rest of you doing:)

MistyWolf
06-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Way to go everyone! .. you know one of the best parts of not smoking anymore is waking up in the morning and not HAVING to have a smoke to get you going!

Everyone keep up the good work and have a good one :)

P.S. The way my 2 & 5 year old go at it like they are now, I am surprised I am not craving one .. lmao!

dcut4
06-26-2002, 11:14 AM
I have..or should I say had...smoked for 28 years. I am only 37..you do the math....ALL of my adult life I have smoked as well as a good portion of my childhood...if I can do anybody can!!! good luck to all!!!

MistyWolf
06-26-2002, 11:18 AM
WOW dcut .. you should be especially proud of yourself .. you smoked for a long time and that is really great you were able to kick it.

heartlvrs
06-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Yep! dcut SHOULD be proud:)

I started smoking at age 17...I turned 39 this past april...thats 22yrs worth..I dont even know (til now) what it felt like to be a NONsmoking adult.....its all really strange to me now...keep up the great job everyone!!

dcut4
06-26-2002, 01:31 PM
it is kinda strange isn't it??? don't know how to act sometimes:rolleyes: but man it feel good to lay in bed at night and be able to BREATH!!!! Daughter and I are walking at night and I can keep up !!

heartlvrs
07-04-2002, 07:27 PM
Howdy ho!!
Just poppin in checking all you new NON smokers!! Hows it going? How YOU feeling? You should be feeling great!! dcut...I too am walking and enjoying life again!! Its so strange to be an adult nonsmoker....soon as I get on a regular schedule again..I promise to keep up better with this!!!

heartlvrs
07-08-2002, 06:44 AM
LOOK!! Today is my anniversary of...............................drum roll please! TWO MONTHS!!!

My stats:

Two months, two days, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 5 seconds.
4433 cigarettes not smoked,
saving $625.19.
Life saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 9 hours, 25 minutes.

Can you believe it! So now that I have posted where are all my other quitter buds? Hmmmm....I cant hear you..but I KNOW you are doing good...I can smell freshness all around...no smoke anywheres!!!

coffeelovin
07-08-2002, 06:51 AM
WOOO HOOO!!!

Todays Date: 07/08/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 52
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 523
Amount Saved: $185.71
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 0 Mins: 40 Seconds: 54

heartlvrs
07-08-2002, 07:03 AM
coffeelovinmomof1 WOOO HOOO!!!

Smoke-Free Days: 52
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 523
Amount Saved: $185.71
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 0 Mins: 40 Seconds: 54

WOW! I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!! how are you feeling?? Better I bet!!!!

For those of you wanting to keep track of your smoke free days....and coffeelovinmomof1 you might like this meter it keeps better track of your stats especially of life gained. Go here and download the meter..its quick, easy and free! Again Congrats to all of you!!!

http://silkquit.org/

http://silkquit.org/silkquit250lite.exe (download link)

dcut4
07-08-2002, 07:56 AM
woohoo....here are my stats so far.

Smoke-Free Days: 56
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1692
Amount Saved: $304
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 5 Mins: 15 Seconds: 2

I have to admit that although it has gotten to the point where I don't even think aboutsmoking much, I still miss the one after dinner...I guess it's because I see hubby going outside to smoke and getting out of cleaning up:rolleyes:

I go tonight to join the gym(I know I was suppose to a LONG time ago) and start working on getting this body in shape, I will actually be able to walk on the tredmill without breathing so hard I would be emabarrased. good luck everyone who is still thinking about quitting and CONGRATS!!!!!!!! to everyone who has made it :D

Julie2763
07-09-2002, 06:43 AM
Hi, all - glad I found this support group. Just wanted to let you all know that I smoked for 22 years and quit on June 23rd. I keep seeing that commercial that says every cigarette is hurting you. That has really helped me, because I HAVE NOT SMOKED 500 cigarettes!!
Good luck to all that are quitting. If at first you don't succeed - try, try again!! Julie.

juliegirl78
07-09-2002, 07:35 AM
Hey!!!! It's been forever since I've been in here :( :rolleyes: (so sorry for that) but it is so awesome to see all of the success stories! :D Keep up the great work! Y'all rock! ;)

http://www.123greetings.com/events/friend_hello/1029-002-63-1042.gif

Julie2763
07-11-2002, 06:06 AM
Two weeks, four days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 26 seconds. 551 cigarettes not smoked, saving $137.86. Life saved: 1 day, 21 hours, 55 minutes.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

heartlvrs
07-11-2002, 06:10 AM
Two weeks, four days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 26 seconds. 551 cigarettes not smoked, saving $137.86. Life saved: 1 day, 21 hours, 55 minutes.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1. Has anyone told YOU how special you are?

2. SUPER SUPER STATS!!! WTG!!! I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Keep it up YOU CAN DO IT!

http://www.ohangel.com/images/heart0008.jpg

Neen
07-12-2002, 02:34 PM
:) :)
High everyone. It will be 3 months sunday since I had
a cig. It is hard . I did get on the zyban & after 3 weeks I had a reaction to it.
My toung swelled so bad ( HA HA ) that I felt like a dog. But the stuff works. It took me so long to get over the swelling that I don't
want a cig. Yes their is times I realy could use one, When I get
stressed, I go to dairy queen by myself I get some ice cream, it makes me feel so much better. I have stared on the cool mint listerine pocket packs, they work great, plus I have the best smelling
breath in town. I love not smoking any more. I only gained 4 pounds & my kids & I ride our bikes every nite. I keep my 30.00 a week for me,
that I was spending on cig. That is a bonus.. Figure it out 120.00 a
month for what ever I want to do with it. I am here if anyone needs me, Plus I am glad to know yous are thier too, Cause their is time I need someone. I look at it this way I choise not to smoke today. That will get ya thru, & stay away from those who smoke untill you are able to get thru it.
Neen

Julie2763
07-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Thanks so much heartlvrs!!! How very nice of you...

works4me
07-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Guess I am the baby of the bunch here...only been 4 days so far, but I am sticking to it...I feel so much better. Good luck to all of you and congratulations too!

dcut4
07-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Way to go works4me!!!! KEEP IT UP!!! after the first week it gets a little easier..you are almost there!!! Today is 2 months since I had my last cig!! I don't even miss it anymore (ok I still miss the one after dinner:rolleyes: )

Julie2763 YOU DID IT!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

and everyone else {{{{{heartlvrs}}}} GOOD JOB!!! keep it up!

heartlvrs
07-17-2002, 08:45 AM
Okies my lovely friends..how are YOU doing??? Huh?? Talk to me! Let me know how you are doing....even if you slipped..ok? That way we can maybe find another way of helping you...I want to hear from YOU~~AND I am so super super proud of each of you!!

My stats:
Todays Date: 07/17/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 72

Two months, one week, four days, 10 hours, 18 minutes and 4 seconds. 5070 cigarettes not smoked, saving $714.88. Life saved: 2 weeks, 3 days, 14 hours, 30 minutes.

Woohoo!!

MistyWolf
07-17-2002, 01:49 PM
How is everyone doing? Sunday the 14th marked 3 months for me .. and counting!! At times it is hard for all but a second and that little urge passes and I am fine. I can now say that I am a non-smoker and proud to be one :)

Hope everyone else is doing good and if you slip, just start over again, don't let it get you down.

music
07-17-2002, 02:26 PM
I quit over ten ago years and not one relapse.:) I was smoking at least three packs a day. 10+ years smokingfree and loving it
Good Luck to all of you! You CAN do it.

heartlvrs
08-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Can ANYONE guess what today is???? huh huh...I am sorry I didnt quite catch that.....OH! You dont know?? WELL WELL...........follow this path--------------------------->-------------------------------->-------------------------------------->----------------------------------->----------------------------------------------------------->------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->------------------------------------------------Ok Ok I will tell you!!! TODAY is my THREE (3) MONTH ANNIVERSARY OF BEING A NON SMOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and NO RELAPSES!!!!
http://www.coolbuddy.com/greet/img/smile_1.gif

And Now (drumroll please!!!) My STATS:

I made the decision to be smoke free and with Gods help this long:

Todays Date: 08/06/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 92
Three months, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 10 seconds
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6477
Amount Saved: $913.26
Life Gained:3 weeks, 1 day, 11 hours, 45 minutes.
http://www.coolbuddy.com/greet/img/smile_1.gif
And now would everyone please post their status!!! Comeon I am so proud of you all just for trying!!!!!

dcut4
08-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Hey Heartlvrs, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooo hooo !!!!!! you did it!!!!!

my 3 month is on the 13 th!!! gosh doesn't it feel good to be a nonsmoker???? I only wish I had quit years ago...did once and after 7 months thought I could smoke JUST one..wrong!!! it took me 10 years to quit again and this time it is for good!!!!

I have went on a huge health kick in the last 2 months, joined a gym and am now addicted to it and trying to eat better and drop some pounds too...did gain 7 pounds in the first month after quitting but once I realized it I took it right back off and now have taken an additional 3 pounds off as well..and more to go:D

heartlvrs
08-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Woohoo DCUT!! Gosh hon do you have ANY ideal just how PROUD of you I am?????? The whole key here is you (nor I or anyone) can never have "just one"....for all you others out there kicking the nicodemon...

TIPS OF THE WEEK

1. Consider yourself a “smoke-a-holic.” One puff and you can become hooked again. No matter how long you have been off, don't think you can safely take a puff!

2. Don't debate with yourself how much you want a cigarette. Ask yourself how do you feel about going back to your old level of consumption. Smoking is an all or nothing proposition.

ENCOURAGEMENT OF THE WEEK

http://65.113.115.179/postcards/images/around_the_bend.gif
http://65.113.115.179/postcards/images/tunnel.gif

CARTOON OF THE WEEK

http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/990706.gif

bears984
08-06-2002, 09:00 PM
okay I just read this not to long ago don't know if it will work but it is worth a shot every time you crave a smoke take a dab of salt on your finger and lick it supposed to take away the cravings might be worth a shot however I would not recomend this to ones with high blood pressure!!!! Yes I smoke and I would love to stop !

KATinKY
09-05-2002, 05:14 PM
ok, got to get this back to the top. guess what? I quit 3 weeks ago, I was on 2 packs a day, and I feel so much better. I am glad to hear alot of you are quitting, and this is still the best post i have seen yet!

justinenycole26
09-09-2002, 09:59 AM
I totally caved! I got really p.o'd this weekend and I bought a pack of cigarettes. I smoked 3 and then I gave them away. I am back on track now and I hope to NEVER! do that again. I was coughing and sputtering all night. And I had the most HORRIBLE taste in my mouth UGH! I went back to the Habitrol site again so I could see the progress I have made. Here are my stats:

Todays Date: 09/09/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 105
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1055
Amount Saved: $181.05
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 23 Mins: 32 Seconds: 28

I am not going to beat myself up over this, I had a slip and I am back on track. Hope everyone else is doing well.

kvalz
09-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Okay everyone I have to quit!!I am 29 years old and have been smoking for 16 years, but I feel about 60 years old! Please give me input on what you have used to quit or if cold turkey is best please I am so desperate.......

heartlvrs
09-27-2002, 06:52 PM
tell me your triggers:)

Vixen
09-30-2002, 08:40 AM
GREAT BIG BUMP Havent been around to do that.. so wanted to get that outta my system.. GOOD LUCK to everyone trying to quit.. I KNOW you can do it :)

destiny333
09-30-2002, 09:00 AM
hi this is weird i quit smoking yesterday on my b-day and then i saw this post- never noticed it before. Anyway i am doing great with the patch. We will see wish me luck d

heartlvrs
09-30-2002, 09:01 PM
OMG VIXEN!!!!!!! Missed you so much!! WB!!!!!!!!!!!!

destiny333 hi this is weird i quit smoking yesterday on my b-day and then i saw this post- never noticed it before. Anyway i am doing great with the patch. We will see wish me luck d

YOU can do this!! Have you read all my posts here in this thread? My stats now are this:

Four months, three weeks, three days, 22 hours, 29 minutes and 5 seconds. 10355 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,460.14. Life saved: 5 weeks, 22 hours, 55 minutes.

ALMOST 5 months>>>WOWEE!! Hard for me to believe but tis true..Please take the time to read all these posts:) And I am here anytime! I was (notice the was) a extremely heavy smoker..3-4 packs a day sometimes more:(

Hang in..you can and WILL do this!!!

Char
09-30-2002, 11:46 PM
:D :D :D Hi ya all !!! EX smoker here !!! IT RULES !!!! I quit a year and 1/2 ago, actually April of 2001... I was 40 years old, I had smoked since age 15... that is 25 years !!! I was smoking 2 packs a day, everyday. The hardest part for me came 3 or 4 moths into the quitting process, I almost convinced myself " ok, I have proven I can quit, now I can smoke again !" ... that was WAY HARD !!! The first month or so, I kept a pack of smokes in my garage, when i though I really HAD to have one, I would go and light up, take one puff, then put it out, saying to myself "this is NOT what I want !!!" I maybe did this 4 or 5 times, then, I started having dreams, where I could and would smoke in my dreams ! LOL, I must have really wanted a smoke !!! Anyways, I have gained maybe 35 pounds in the 19 months now, BUT, I have now lost like 10 of that, AND, I fully appreciated the fact that I quit just 2 weeks ago. Here is what happened: We, over the past 20 years have every few years visited a "lookout tower" in a state park here, we ALWAYS climb the stairs to the top, and ALWAYS I would be out of breath by the time I got to the top and would spend 5 minutes "recoving"... well, we went there 2 weeks ago, I was carrying the camera to take pics, we got to the top and it dawned on me " I am not taking a break to catch my breath !!!!" It was AWESOME !!!! Over the past several months many have asked me " do you really feel better ?" ... I would always say " well, I don't really notice a difference yet", LOL, I think the as my breathing improved, it happened slowly, I didn't really notice ! But, that tower was a real test ! I now KNOW I feel better !!! Also, I ALWAYS used to get sinus infections, upper chest infections etc... I have not been sick 1 day since I quit smoking !!! NOT ONE DAY !!!
I am sooooooo happy to be where I am right now, I can be around smokers, I can go to a bar etc... and NOT want to smoke ! It's really a GREAT feeling ! :D

You can't LOSE by quitting smoking... You only gain !!! Your house smells better, you have to paint/clean way less, you smell better to others, your health improves, no more "nicotine attacks" when you run low on smokes, your car smells good, everyone in your house gets the health benefits, your doctor now loves you (lol), you breath better, you don't have to brave the weather to go outdoors and smoke every 1/2 hour when you are in public, and..........
YOU ARE SAVING WAY BIG BUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!! It's a WIN / WIN

Char
09-30-2002, 11:48 PM
:( Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I kinda have been a smoker since birth, my mother was a heavy smoker all my life, we were raised in smoke.

ahippiechic
10-01-2002, 08:08 AM
Bumoing this up for erniemarie! :p

erniemarie
10-01-2002, 08:32 AM
thanks hippie and ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) going to read through this and get all the help I can from it

heartlvrs
11-05-2002, 05:57 PM
WHAT tomorrow November 6th is????? I can hardly believe it myself..****morrow marks SIX yes 6!!! months of being TOTALLY 100% COMPLETELY SMOKE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dcut where are you ....???
WHere are all my others????????/

My stats:

Five months, four weeks, two days, 19 hours, 21 minutes and 44 seconds. 12866 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,814.17. Life saved: 6 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes.

My quit date: May 6th 2002

mesue
11-05-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by kvalz
Okay everyone I have to quit!!I am 29 years old and have been smoking for 16 years, but I feel about 60 years old! Please give me input on what you have used to quit or if cold turkey is best please I am so desperate.......

Cold Turkey worked best for me, but for others the patch or gum or medication works. There is also a lozenge coming out within the next month or so that can be bought without a doctor prescription. Whichever one you try good luck its not easy but can be done and before you know it, you will start feeling better, more energy and looking better, whether you realize it or not your skin absorbs that smoke too and takes on a color tone that is not healthy or attractive looking. If you don't believe me think about the last time you smoked heavly and stepped into the shower that first few seconds that water hits you the odor is terrible, You may have not noticed but I once worked in a nursing home and had to give showers to some who smoked, I was a nonsmoker then and it literally gagged me to smell that wet nicotine odor. Good Luck, if the first thing doesn't work keep trying, don't give up.

bohbaby
12-02-2002, 09:07 PM
I have decided that tomorrow is the day I'm quitting...if ya'll are still doing the buddy thing please someone let me know...I have asthma and gonna try to quit cold turkey don't know too many people online...my email address is flowers6895@aol.com

justbyteme
12-27-2002, 07:32 PM
hey all!
my husband decided, after almost 30 years of smoking that he wants to quit. i wanted to know if anyone out there knew of any coupons for nicorette or nicoderm patches.
thanks for your help!

heartlvrs
12-27-2002, 07:42 PM
justbyteme hey all!
my husband decided, after almost 30 years of smoking that he wants to quit. i wanted to know if anyone out there knew of any coupons for nicorette or nicoderm patches. ALso, have him sign up at the habitrol website, its a great support forum as well.:) Let me know if I can help!!!

thanks for your help!

Thats greats!! Woohoo!!!!

I would HIGHLY suggest he use the wal-mart equate brand. Its exactly HALF the cost ($20.00 instead of $40.00) and works just as well. Its what I used;) As you can see I was the starter of this thread and here are my stats (

TOTALLY SMOKEFREE NOW FOR:
Seven months, three weeks, 20 hours, 14 minutes and 1 second. 16509 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,328.18. Life saved: 8 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours, 45 minutes.

justbyteme
12-28-2002, 12:11 AM
**heartlvrs**
did u only use the patches or did u use them in conjunction with anything else? a friend ordered pills that would stop the cravings while the patch would reduce the nicotine intake. i'm just wondering if that would be too much........

i quit smoking after 6 years back when i was 21, but i dropped the pack of cigarettes in the toilet (how dramatic!) and it just didnt bother me. i hope he can handle this.....

heartlvrs
12-28-2002, 09:15 AM
Hello again:)
My story (in brief synopsis)
I smoked for 22 years. I smoked 3-4 packs (sometimes more a day). I used the zyban for 30 days and got from that many packs a day down to just 8 sickarettes a day...after 30 days I used the patch with the pill. from that day never had another since....I lost my job in june couldnt afford either the pill or the patch so I went naked/cold:) And still smoke free:)

kimp67
01-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey All!! How's everyone doing? I quit on New Years' Day, so it's day 3 for me. I feel like I'm cheating though, I'm using the patch.
But those cravings,,,,wow sometimes!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

heartlvrs
01-03-2003, 09:08 PM
KIMP thats great...and no you are NOT cheating...you ARE quitting!!! YOU CAN do it!! I did!!! Keep up the stupendous wonderful great awesome job!! Did you read this WHOLE thread..if not go for it!
HUGS!!

jaybird
01-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Hmmm, you guys trying to *cough* tell me something?

I know, I know. I keep saying I'm going to quit. And I have either some serious bronchitis or lung cancer right now. I'm going to quit. Ticking me off to pay nearly 4$ a pack for them. And I refuse to buy them in MO by the carton for $27. Because I'd smoke twice as much. I said when the girls in the diet thread met their goals, I'd quit smoking. So would you all PLEASE stop by the thread and put a little pressure on them before I die at 50 from lung cancer like my father did?

:(

heartlvrs
01-03-2003, 09:14 PM
well heck yeah jaybird! - you SAW what my non-smoking monies are paying for me now didnt you? Is that an incentive or what?:) YOU Can do it!

jaybird
01-03-2003, 09:15 PM
No I didn't. What are you doing with the $$$?

heartlvrs
01-03-2003, 09:17 PM
here it is: http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?threadid=256954

newwiccan
01-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
Hmmm, you guys trying to *cough* tell me something?

I know, I know. I keep saying I'm going to quit. And I have either some serious bronchitis or lung cancer right now. I'm going to quit. Ticking me off to pay nearly 4$ a pack for them. And I refuse to buy them in MO by the carton for $27. Because I'd smoke twice as much. I said when the girls in the diet thread met their goals, I'd quit smoking. So would you all PLEASE stop by the thread and put a little pressure on them before I die at 50 from lung cancer like my father did?

:(

We're all trying. :( I was only 3 lbs. over my goal. I'll definitely make my Valentine's Day goal.

heartlvrs
01-03-2003, 09:24 PM
newwiccan -HUGS!!

newwiccan
01-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Awwwww thank you!

TGONZALES
01-03-2003, 11:19 PM
THANK YOU HEARTLVRS FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.
I AM STILL TRYING MY BEST AND I WONT GIVE UP.
I WORK DOUBLE SHIFTS ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS
IN A NURSING HOME AND THAT WILL BE MY TRUE
TEST. I KNOW I WILL HAVE A FEW BUT IF I CAN
GET THROUGH WITHOUT CHAIN SMOKING ON MY BREAKS
THEN THAT WILL BE A SMALL VICTORY FOR ME.
I AM A BIT NERVOUS SINCE MY USUAL NURSE QUIT
LAST WEEK AND I WILL BE WORKING WITH SOMEONE
THAT I AM NOT USED TO. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!

justbyteme
01-03-2003, 11:40 PM
well folks....its day 3 for the both of us, i feel we're going thru this thing together.

hubby had 3 cigarettes new years day (sans patch or pills) and 5 yesterday and he say it was about 3 today (with patch). but....the good news is that when he wakes up or after each meal he hasn't felt the urge to have a habited smoke.

i told him how proud i was of him and how much better he smelled and that i liked kissing him now.

one day at a time.......

(he even gushed when i told him how proud i was, i think he knows he's doing a great job as well!)

Char
01-04-2003, 05:30 AM
:D :D :D
Just throwing a "hang in there" to you all ! In 3 months (April 2003) I will be "smoke free" for 2 years ! And, when I quit I had been a smoker for 25 years, and was smoking over 2 packs a day !!! It feels sooooooooo good now ! I don't even want a cigarette ! So, it's true, the craving DOES leave you. I go days at a time now and forget that I was ever a smoker ! And gawd, the money I have saved !!! it ROCKS !!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of you !!!

kimp67
01-04-2003, 06:47 PM
CONGRATS TO ALL OF US!!!!!! WE'RE DOING GREAT!!!!!

Justbyteme....I don't know if this is true or not, but my Dr. told me not to smoke ANY while on the patch, it can cause a heart attack......please tell your hubby to keep this in mind!!!!!

4 days smoke-free

WHOO HOO!!!!

heartlvrs
01-04-2003, 06:57 PM
OH WOW!! I am SOO proud of all of you...just Look at yourselves!!! Do you not feel so much better??!! I am speechless. It puts a smile on my face each time I read the new posts. Dont ever give in....read thru here...look at the tips. Watch the triggers....and delay delay!!! Each craving only lasts 3 seconds!!! Drink lots and lots of water...and if you are on patches DO NOT SMOKE too!!! THis is a double whammy of nicotene and double whammy pressure on heart!!! ANd dont forget to reward yourselves...and the hubby..yes those support comments really do help!
Keep up all the great work folks..YOU CAN DO IT!!! I have chosen to be smoke free for:

Seven months, four weeks, one day, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 36 seconds. 17066 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,406.83. Life saved: 8 weeks, 3 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes.

heartlvrs
01-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Want your own counter?? Go here:

http://www.silkquit.org/

Victorious
01-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Ok... I'm taking this big step to announce that hubby and I are going to quit smoking on January 8th, 2003. (I go back to work on the 8th so I chose a date where I would stay busy.)I need all the advice I can get. :)

:eek:

Please pray for us!

:D

heartlvrs
01-05-2003, 07:07 PM
WOOOOOHOOO! VICTORIOUS and hubby!! (Whats his name?) It such a happy great thing you have decide to do:) I am so tremendously proud of both of you!!! What a great new start for the new year with a new job..WOW Just wait until you see how much better you feel...like a NEW you!!! Read ALL this thread from start to finish...follow the tips and if you feel the urge ...type it away !!! Drink lots and lots of water!! And keep us posted!! Hugs and Congratulations!!! You CAN do this!
I have chose to be smoke free for:

Seven months, four weeks, two days, 19 hours, 38 minutes and 36 seconds. 17137 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,416.77. Life saved: 8 weeks, 3 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes.

heartlvrs
01-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Emelle thats great! YOU can and WILL do it!!
Hugs!

Victorious
01-05-2003, 08:39 PM
Thanks heartlvrs!

We already d/l http://www.silkquit.org/ counter. I will take your advice on reading all the post and drinking LOTS of water.

Charlie and I thank you for starting this thread.

Hugz!

IggysGirl
01-06-2003, 07:27 AM
I am sitting here with a pack of Newports staring at me, but I wrote on the pack Bad 4 Me! I want one so bad right now but my brain is telling my lungs NO!! I have 17 in the pack and will not smoke them or let Iggy smoke them. I really have to quit since I have cervical cancer it increases my chance at lung cancer. Wish me luck, and pray I make it through day one without killing Iggy!

IggysGirl
01-06-2003, 10:54 AM
There sitting there taunting me smoke me, smoke me! But there are still 17 in the pack and I can do this, after all the fridge is full of grape tomatos so I'll gorge on those! thanks for the support

IggysGirl
01-06-2003, 01:46 PM
Ok ya'll I feel so pukey right now is this normal?

IggysGirl
01-06-2003, 03:56 PM
17 newports sitting on my desk saying smoke me Summer, nobody will know! No mr. newport your bad for me! come on smoke me I taste soo good you know you want me! No mr. newport your bad for me she says walking to the bathroom with newports and lighter in her hand. I knew you couldn't resist me says mr. newport! She takes them out one at a time and drops them in the toilet but stops with the last one in her hand. Mr. newport taunts her smoke me smoke me! She stands there and says a little prayer and drops mr. newport in the toilet along with her lighter and flushes! So long mr. newport!

Moral of this story is I made it almost nine hours with them on my desk! Didn't smoke one but if they stayed there taunting me I would have! So I flushed them! Still feel yucky but soon this will pass, right? When will the iron band around my chest leave? And who ever sayed the craving take 3 seconds to pass was kinda right but this is like contractions! craving for 3 seconds, pass for 2 than back again!

heartlvrs
01-06-2003, 08:05 PM
NO it will NOT be easy...AT FIRST..BUT..it DOES get SOOOO MUCH better!!! THink of Mr. Nicodemon as being a true demon!! He is so bad for you in all respects. In just 8 months I feel tremendously better. BUT...after just one month I felt great..but those first weeks..I thought I was literally dying...but you have come this far..you and all the others CAN MAKE IT!! I HAVE Faith in all of you:) If you feel the urge get out of the chairs at your desk and walk!! If you cant do that FIND something to do. ANYTHNG but smoke!!..Change all those habit places where you typically would smoke...I had to readjust my places and triggers..try this!! Keep posting here and let us know how you are doing..even if its bad...TYPE...write..whatever we are here for YOU!!!
Hugs!!!

My stats are now: LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eight months, 20 hours, 37 minutes and 1 second. 17210 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,427.04. Life saved: 8 weeks, 3 days, 18 hours, 10 minutes.

Victorious
01-07-2003, 03:52 PM
(((((Emelle))))) ;)

Tonight is my last night of smoking out in the cold! I'm really looking forward to being smelly free!! I will let everyone know how it's going tomorrow night. :) :D

heartlvrs
01-07-2003, 07:20 PM
WOW! LOOK at yourselves!! I know you have to be as proud of yourselves, as I and all the others here are of you!! It is possible to do this!!! Fishmn and I and Char and other quitters are proof!! So dont give up EVER!!!! Hugs!

callsheb
01-07-2003, 08:22 PM
feb-11 is my last day for a cig they put me on welbutrin so i was told after a week that they start tasting like sh== so i hope this works after 25yrs of smoking this is going to be strange. Im i wrong in making my other family members in going outside to smoke if they want one and that means not going into your room to smoke as i will beable to smell it even if you shut your door? I went from regular to ultra lights so that should help me also i just hope i dont want to eat everything in site. So please give me the stop smoking vibes please i really will need this.

freebiefan
01-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Yes i have to agree it nice not to smell like smoke! its nice to finish my lunch at work cause i don't have to worry about hurrying out for a smoke! i am proud to say I DON'T SMOKE!!!!!! I'm lucky i work at a school and no one in my class smokes they all supported me when i did smoke and not they have really stoodbye since i've stopped and honest i really thought it would have been much harder for as long as i smoked but its been a breeze so far! But i do keep picturing that BIG CIGERETTE WITH THE FACE! The one that chases the girl telling her how much she needs him!!!!!! It cracks me up all the time!!!!!! Good Luck to everyone keep up the good work!!!!!

Victorious
01-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Ok..it's been 20 hrs since my last cig.

This is really hard but I'm hanging in there!!!! :)
Please pray for me! :D :D

heartlvrs
01-08-2003, 07:10 PM
I will CONTINUE praying for all of you trying to quit....no let me rephrase that..for ALL of you that HAVE quit! Its hard...but look at your name :VICTORIOUS: ALl of you are doing so good!!

Victorious
01-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Emelle, I don't think I have any rules. Except that I refuse to go back to smoking. It hasn't been that bad. I'm a lucky one!!!!!

smoke free for
1 day 20hrs and 44 mins.

Ok.. how do you copy your silkquit stats???:confused: :confused:

heartlvrs
01-09-2003, 07:07 PM
CHELLE try again!! NEVER give up!!! Rules: Best one is to avoid your triggers, whether its being around other smokers, doing things where you normally smoke are good places to avoid, caffeine or other drinks should be avoided if you normally smoke with them..etc....

To copy your silkquit stats:

1. Open your program and let it run in taskbar.
2. RIGHT click on the program in taskbar...you will see "Copy sig to clipboard" then you can paste that info here or anywhere you want!!
KEEP up the GREAT WORK ALL OF YOU!!!!

Eight months, three days, 19 hours, 39 minutes and 27 seconds. 17417 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,456.25. Life saved: 8 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, 25 minutes.

heartlvrs
01-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Good evening you NON smoking folks!:) I know you are doing great and proud of you...dont forget to post your stats!!

Hugs!

Victorious
01-11-2003, 07:40 AM
Yesterday was a hard one but I made it.......

This is Charlie and I's together....

Three days, 10 hours, 38 minutes and 23 seconds. 206 cigarettes not smoked, saving $33.57. Life saved: 17 hours, 10 minutes.

Char
01-11-2003, 08:10 AM
:D ;) :p :D ;) :p :D ;) :p

You all CAN do this ! It is totally able to be done !!! I hear some questionable concerns... let me tell you, I also smoked for 25 years ! Age 15 to age 40, I was smoking 2 and 1/2 packs a day when I quit... Let me PROMISE you this, you WILL lose the cravings !!! The day comes when you forget you were a smoker at all !!! You will not even want a cigarette ! I know, I know, sounds hard to believe, but, it is the TRUTH !!! And, before I "really" quit, I had tried over and over for years, the longest try being 3 months... this is a personal decision, you have to REALLY want it, not for anyone but yourself. Also, on the issue of other smokers, my house is now "NO SMOKING" , period !!! They ( smokers ) have to respect my wishes, it is MY health and MY life. Besides that, the smell of it now gives me a terrible headache ! Not in open spaces, it doesn't bother me at all, but, if someone smokes in front of me, I can smell it for hours ! :( YUCK ! I have rules... no smoking in the house or car. It does not bother me at all for someone to smoke in front of me, I do play bingo and it is always full of smoke... no problem, I have NO desire to smoke now, THIS is where you want to be, where you want to get to, it totally RULES !!! I swear, had someone told me I would "really" do it this time, I would never have believed it... I have STUNNED myself ! I got soooooooo sick of showing up in the local 24 hours stores to buy smokes at 4:00 am because I couldn't even go to sleep if I didn't have a full pack of smokes waiting for me, it started to make me sick of cigarettes being in control of me and my life. NOTHING had that kind of control of my life, only cigarettes. Life is sooooo much calmer being a non-smoker. It will be 2 years for me in April... YESSSSSS !!! :D

jademyst13
01-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Congrats to everyone! I just found this thread (ok so I'm slow), I just started coming back on the boards reguarly. I quit smoking on October 22, 2001! Just over a year ago, I quit with 'cold turkey' I guess you could say. My boyfriend whom I live with said it was getting to a point where the smoking would break us up. I got home from work at 7am and smoked somewhere between 5-8 cigarettes in a row around 10 am (which finished my pack.) I went to bed thinking well I will just see how long I can go before I buy another pack. I made it through the night at work even sitting in the smokers lounge. Because of a fear of failure I didn't tell my boyfriend until the third day. He was so excited I knew that if I picked up a cig. it would crush him. Somehow it all worked out, but it was hard. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Char
01-11-2003, 08:24 AM
;) ;) ;) Sleep ! Hey, I wanted to get this said, I used it a LOT the first days... Do not underestimate the power of sleep ! When you really, really think you have to have a smoke, SLEEP ! You don't crave while sleeping, and, it helps get your body through the crisis. I could not have quit with no ciggs available to me, I kept them in the garage, lol, if you only knew how many times that first week that I went out there, saying to myself " I NEED a cigarette ", I would light one up, take 1 drag and say to myself " This is NOT what I want !!!".. and stub it out... I did that like 3 times a day the first 3 or 4 days, then, I did it maybe once a day for another few days... then I went 3 or 4 days, then, I didn't do it at all. I guess it was "calming" to me knowing the ciggs were "there" if I just HAD to have one, I left them there for maybe 3 months. Then I was able to throw them away... The biggest thing I have ever done, letting go of the "crutch". When I was finally able to throw away that one pack of cigarettes, the ones that were "there for me", waiting for me in the garage, it was like throwing away 25 years illness, throwing away 25 years of enslavement, I was actually FREE ! Since that time (nearly 2 years ) I have developed a nice "hate" of cigarettes, I hate what they have done to me over the past 25 years, the money THEY cost me, the people THEY have killed, the way they appear so harmless etc...

justbyteme
01-11-2003, 11:28 PM
hey everyone!
hubby is down to 1 cigarette!!!i just told him how proud i was of him, that even tho i've been nagging him to quit, that it's for his own benefit, even tho i'm the one that will benefit. he had one this morning before he put his patch on and i think that will probably be his last. i was reading all these wonderful stories and triumphs that you all have gone thru and was hoping he would pull strength from them. i told him that i could hear him not wheezing anymore (after sex, that would just drive me crazy!) and he poo-pooed me, but i really think he sees and hears the difference.

i'm so proud of all you and for you who haven't been able to succeed, please for your own good, try again. i promise it will work.

good luck to us and to you all!

leigh

Victorious
01-13-2003, 08:38 PM
EMELLE, How are you doing???
Char, thanks for the great advice (sleeping)!

Five days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 29 seconds. 359 cigarettes not smoked, saving $58.34. Life saved: 1 day, 5 hours, 55 minutes. :D
(Charlie and I's stats are together)

heartlvrs
01-14-2003, 08:13 PM
All of you are making me so very proud! I am in tears reading how well you are doing!!!

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/congrat8.jpg

Print this out(pic shown below) and post it in places you normally would smoke..and when you see this it will remind you that you CAN do this!

http://angelwinks.net/images/ifyoubelievecard.jpg

Victorious
01-17-2003, 07:07 PM
One week, two days, 21 hours, 46 minutes and 48 seconds. 594 cigarettes not smoked, saving $96.59. Life saved: 2 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes.

heartlvrs
01-23-2003, 08:35 PM
WOW!!! I am so impressed!! You are and I love saying this...QUITTER!! you should be feeling so much better now and so proud of yourself!! Doesnt it feel good to say I USED to smoke..but I no longer do!! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

To encourage you a bit:

http://www.wrensworld.com/showingthewayone.jpghttp://www.wrensworld.com/showingthewaytwo.jpg

When all the world is looming dark
And things seem not so clear,
When shadows seem to hover 'round
Lord, may I persevere.

When it seems everything's been tried
And there's no way to go,
Just let me keep remembering
Sometimes the journey's slow.

I may just need to stop and rest
Along the path I trod,
A time to try to understand
And have my talk with God.

As I gain new strength to carry on
Without a doubt or fear,
Somehow I know things will be right,
And so, I persevere.

By Anne Stortz
from Chicken Soup for the Unsinkable Soul

Victorious One week, two days, 21 hours, 46 minutes and 48 seconds. 594 cigarettes not smoked, saving $96.59. Life saved: 2 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes.

//angelwinks.net/images/youreaspecialperson.jpg

santarra
01-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Wow, thanks for this thread! Been on Wellbutren for a week now and my stop date is a week from this Monday! Need all the support I can get! 40 years of smoking and I'm ready to be free of it! Getting thru next week will be the hardest, I know. I'm programing my head to be a FREE person!!

heartlvrs
01-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Each day I check here (you may think I forget but I dont!) and each day, I am so happy and so PROUD of each one of you!!! It is such a blessing to see that this thread can be helpful. Please keep us updated! What I would REALLY Love to see is all....the ones that quit same time as I, and those in the middle and those that are new...everyone just take a moment to post your stats...so what if you had one...it dont matter....just start over again..dont be ashamed, or mad....its ok..it happens to the best...BUT you know you cant give up....the only thing you CAN give up is the ole nicodemon..tell him to take a flying kite!! Again, I am so proud of all of you and look forward to the day when the worst is over for you..and you come here and say that you no longer have an urge...and then you realize like me how much better I feel, and how much more energy you have (especially if you were a HEAVY smoker like me, I smoked an average of 3-4 packs sometimes 5 a day!!! Add here it is almost a year now...and not a one! If you need support..come here....if you need to talk....email me or any of the others listed in the first threads as buddies...you CAN do this..you WILL do this!! HUGS!!!! ANd remember most important THERE NEVER CAN BE JUST ONE just like an alcoholic or other addict....never just one....

http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/010306.gif
http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/cartoons/archive/000418.gif

Q. How do I know when I have truly quit smoking?

A. This is a very subjective question. Each person is very different so each person will have a different answer. If you have a very addictive personality you may find that the desire to smoke stays with you for years. Some ex-smokers report cravings years after quitting. On the other hand, some people just "know" that they have quit forever after only a couple of days, and they never look back.

The important point to remember is that you have quit smoking when you put down each cigarette. You never have to smoke again. When you pick up another cigarette, you are a smoker again. So, the choice is yours: If you quit smoking this morning and you decide you will never smoke again, you have quit. If you quit two months ago and you finally feel like you no longer need to smoke, you have quit.

Most habits are formed or broken in about three weeks. Keep the three week threshold in mind when you are quitting. Make it past three weeks and you are much more likely to never smoke again.

I made a life decision and have remained smokeless now for:
Eight months, two weeks, six days, 17 hours, 49 minutes and 17 seconds. 18601 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,623.29. Life saved: 9 weeks, 1 day, 14 hours, 5 minutes.

Victorious
01-27-2003, 07:18 PM
WoooHooo! I feel great!

Two weeks, five days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 47 seconds. 1195 cigarettes not smoked, saving $194.30. Life saved: 4 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes.
:D :D

heartlvrs
01-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Victorious WoooHooo! I feel great!

Two weeks, five days, 22 hours, 17 minutes and 47 seconds. 1195 cigarettes not smoked, saving $194.30. Life saved: 4 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes.

WOW!! Lookee....see how fast time is flying by!! Can you believe it??? Soon it will be a month..then two....and well....You are going to do this..you ARE going to be NONsmoker...you have kicked ole nicodemon onto his stinking little butt!!

Keep it up hon..you are doing great...and we are all so proud of you!!

Hugs!!!

I have chosen to live smoke free for:

Eight months, three weeks, 19 hours, 59 minutes and 21 seconds. 18678 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,634.05. Life saved: 9 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, 30 minutes.

Victorious
01-27-2003, 07:28 PM
heartlvrs~

Thank you! :)

heartlvrs
01-27-2003, 07:31 PM
NO thank YOU:)

EricsnKy
02-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Today I have decided to quit smoking. My last cigarette was at about 6:00 pm CST - These next few days are going to be the worst. I have decided to stop all together today, and use the patch to help me for the first week or so. Eventually I'll have to leave the patch too, and I know that. I had to quit smoking for my health, and the health of everyone that surrounds me. Cancer runs in my family , smoking only encourages it to come on.

Today February 3rd, 2003 I have quit smoking.

heartlvrs
02-03-2003, 08:41 PM
ERIC!! WOW I am soooo proud of you!!!! YOU CAN DO IT@!!!!!! and use the Walmart equate brand patch..its half the cost..but SAME EXACT INGREDIENTS!! ITs what I used: CAN you believe its almost a year??? Congrats to you...and how are all of you others doing???? COme on and post!!

I have chosen to be smoke FREE for:
Eight months, four weeks, 21 hours, 16 minutes and 18 seconds. 19172 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,703.67. Life saved: 9 weeks, 3 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes.

teenap
02-03-2003, 09:39 PM
me too..as of tomorrow..hopefully...I tried today and lasted 6 hours...so I think I can top that tomorrow...gotta break out the nicorette gum I got from Santa

EricsnKy
02-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Soon I will be 24 hours smoke free :D This morning was really bad but I made it, and didn't light up. Also I havn't all day. Looking forward to remaining smoke free....

heartlvrs
02-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Come on..dont give in to sicorette nicodemon!!! YOU can WIN!!! How are you this evening??

EricsnKy
02-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Teen or myself ? LOL - I am doing pretty good this evening. Smackin on some Juicy fruit trying to keep my hands busy. I really havn't had a bad urge for a cigarette this evening, the definte worse was when I first woke up this morning. But I can beat it ! Got thru the 1st day and from what I hear thats the hardest....

heartlvrs
02-04-2003, 06:09 PM
thats right!! And I was referring to BOTh of you..have you signed up at the habitrol.com site/?? yet and have you read this thread ALL the way thru??

HUGS!!
COME ON!! WOOOHOO!

teenap
02-04-2003, 09:15 PM
had 5 cigarettes today...no more in the house so I guess that is good news...cut back from a a pack and a half so I guess that is pretty decent..will let ya know tomorrow when I dont have any smoke around~

heartlvrs
02-05-2003, 06:45 PM
WTG! TEENAP!! You can do it:) Remember...never just one...and if you do...just keep quitting..you will accomplish it!!!

EricsnKy
02-05-2003, 06:53 PM
2 days , 1 hour, 22 minutes 5 seconds smoke free
Amount Saved : $8.64
Cigarettes not smoked : 49
life saved 4 hours 5 minutes....

:D http://www.jeffpylenz.com/JP's%20Incredimail/SINGING%20&%20TRAVEL%20SMILEYS/SINGING%20SMILEYS_files/image027.gif

http://www.jeffpylenz.com/Web%20animations/spotlight.gif

:D :D :D :D I admit I am proud of myself!!

Red64
02-05-2003, 07:08 PM
http://www.quitnet.com/

http://whyquit.com/

http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_10_13X_Quitting_Smoking.asp

You guys at BBS are the best. So nice to see people helping other people with such a full and open heart. I have been quit for 6 years now. Feel free to contact me for support.

ciaj1@yahoo.com

heartlvrs
02-05-2003, 07:19 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~ERIC~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WO OHOOOO!!!!

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/congrat5.jpg

Also eric..go to www.silkquit.org and get your free counter..I have chosen to be smoke free for:

Eight months, four weeks, two days, 19 hours, 54 minutes and 21 seconds. 19308 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,722.85. Life saved: 9 weeks, 4 days, 1 hour, 0 minutes.

EricsnKy
02-05-2003, 07:20 PM
WTG!!!!! I already have my free counter, thanks though!

heartlvrs
02-05-2003, 07:23 PM
oops! Sorry:)

teenap
02-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Officially 24 hours now...today wasnt too bad...hope that feeling lasts! didnt use the gum either...that is some nasty stuff!

Char
02-05-2003, 11:18 PM
:D :cool: Very cool EricsnKy ! YOU are making the personal choice to "not" smoke, remember that, you HAVE the power to make that choice, hang in there, it gets better and better !

:D :cool: Cab92, you AND your hubby RULE !!! You are over the "hump", the "skin crawling" feelings... that feeling of "missing something", that is the breaking of the "hand to mouth" habit. That does go away, but, takes quite awhile longer then the nicotine withdrawl. There is really nothing to tell you, there is nothing you can really do about it, just know it will pass and maybe try and keep busy with other things... I know, I know, even the old " turning around to put your cigarette in the ashtray every time you needed both hands " was a full blown "habit"... It will take a few months, but, when the "calming" effect hits you, it RULES ! By calming, I mean the relaxing, easy feeling you will get in public by NOT being a smoker, you will be far more relaxed in EVERY public situation, just because your mind is not wondering when the next cigarette break will be, you will not be twitching in your seat at the doctor's office with that " I can't wait to get this over with so I can get out of here and light up" feeling. LOL, I know all about those deals ! In time, YOU will be the relaxed one, watching the smokers "craving" their next smoke...
;)

:D ;) :cool: To EVERYONE alse who is "hanging in there"... this is sooooo DO-ABLE !!!

justbyteme
02-06-2003, 11:37 PM
i just wanted you all to know how proud i am of hubby!
his last cigarette was on 1/13/03! he even stopped patches last week. tho he did give me a funny look after dealing with the dr's office today and the redtape paperwork and said he wanted a cigarette......
but he breathes 100% clearer now and i really didnt think he was ever going to be able to do it.
so.....
congrats to you all who have succeeded and those of you who want to succeed.
:p

teenap
02-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Todays Date: 02/07/2003
My Quit Date: 02/04/2003
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 93
Amount Saved: $10.71
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 23 Mins: 40 Seconds: 18

no if I could just stop being sleepy and busting into tears for no reason I would be a happy camper...

Char
02-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by teenap
Todays Date: 02/07/2003
My Quit Date: 02/04/2003
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 93
Amount Saved: $10.71
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 23 Mins: 40 Seconds: 18

no if I could just stop being sleepy and busting into tears for no reason I would be a happy camper...

The sleepiness, VERY normal, nicotine in a stimulant and your body had gotten used to running on the "stimulant", I personally gave into the sleepiness, I was in a position (not working at the time and no children) at the time that I could sleep whenever I wanted. It (sleep) really helped me get over the cravings.
The "bursting into tears", lol, again, VERY normal, your body had used the "habit" as a way to deal with lifes little everyday stresses, and, you have taken away your body's "security blanket", it will pass, it actually will pass pretty quickly.
Anyways, !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! on your "to date" success, way to go !!! This whole thing is a very personal decision, you have to quit for YOU. ;) Good job... :D

kimp67
02-07-2003, 07:36 PM
I haven't been on the net much for the past few months, but
WE'RE ALL DOING GREAT!!!!!!!!

A friend gave me a "Way to Go" gift today,,,a Home Interiors Candle.......

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

Today's Date 02/07/03
My Quit Date 01/01/03
Smoke-Free Days 37
Cigarettes Not Smoked 1136
Amount Saved $185
Life Gained 3 Days, 21 Hours, 54 Mins, 24 Secs

teenap
02-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Char
The sleepiness, VERY normal, nicotine in a stimulant and your body had gotten used to running on the "stimulant", I personally gave into the sleepiness, I was in a position (not working at the time and no children) at the time that I could sleep whenever I wanted. It (sleep) really helped me get over the cravings.
The "bursting into tears", lol, again, VERY normal, your body had used the "habit" as a way to deal with lifes little everyday stresses, and, you have taken away your body's "security blanket", it will pass, it actually will pass pretty quickly.
Anyways, !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! on your "to date" success, way to go !!! This whole thing is a very personal decision, you have to quit for YOU. ;) Good job... :D

thank god it is normal! I just got dressed to go get smokes, but busted into tears thinking about it...:rolleyes:
luckily (not really) I can sleep all day if I want...I have been hibernating for two days...

teenap
02-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by cab92
I am having the opposite problem, my sleep is very disturbed. I attributed it to the patch at first, but I only wore them for 4 days. I normally sleep like a rock but now I seem to wake up every hour or two. It's been nearly three weeks, but I can't think of anything else that's changed in my life. Any inout?

I think I read somewhere that that is actually normal...your body doesnt need as much sleep when you are off cigarettes or some such...but it should be fine..they said not to worry if you start to wake up earlier than usual...your body doesnt need to have as much sleep (supposedly) when you arent smoking...if that makes any sense...dont ask drowsy girl! although I may be sleeping as a way to escape...:confused:

EricsnKy
well I have been off of the patch for over a day now and im craving less without it than I was with it ! Now that is weird ! I didnt crave hardly at all today.

Smoke free- 4 days, 2 hours , 17 minutes, 38 seconds
Amount Saved - $17.20
Cigarettes not smoked : 98
Life saved - 8 hours 10 minutes

teenap
WTG!

Victorious
02-07-2003, 09:10 PM
One month, 9 minutes and 12 seconds. 1860 cigarettes not smoked, saving $302.31. Life saved: 6 days, 11 hours, 0 minutes.

WoooHoo

cab92
I didn't sleep well the first couple of weeks.. I would dream of cigs. I didn't have a problem during the day! Very weird!
:D :D

EricsnKy
02-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Smober Time : 1 week 26 minutes 11 seconds
Amount Saved : $29.48
Cigarettes not smoked : 168
Life saved : 14 hours

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

heartlvrs
02-10-2003, 08:39 PM
You all are making me SO PROUD!!!! YOU DID IT!!!

http://www.specially4u.net/teddy/bear-cong.gif

Now there is NO looking back..only going forward:)

Congratulations to all of YOU!!!!!!!!!!

heartlvrs
02-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Popping in to see how you are all continuing to do? I have been watching, and am very proud of each one of you. I bet YOU feel good too!!
Keep it up...you are doing great!!!

http://www.beautycreations.net/ecards2/BC7godcenter.jpg

I have chosen to be nicodemon free for:

Nine months, six days, 20 hours, 28 minutes and 59 seconds. 19799 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,792.17. Life saved: 9 weeks, 5 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes.

juliegirl78
03-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by honeybear39429
GOOD LUCK BOHBABY I NEED TO QUIT AND WANT TO QUIT, BUT...I DUNNO... I GUESS I WANT SOMEBODY TO SLAP MY HAND WHEN I PICK THEM UP...AND I DONT THINK IVE GOT THE WILLPOWER TO DO IT ALONE SOMEBODY HELPPPPPPP

Okay, I came in here for a different reason and saw this... DO IT!!!! LOL :D You know I will bug the crap out of ya if ya need me to! ;) You're a strong person; you can do it! Even if ya are a punk chicken! :p

EricsnKy
03-09-2003, 08:44 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
One month, six days, 3 hours, 18 minutes and 30 seconds. 819 cigarettes not smoked, saving $143.38. Life saved: 2 days, 20 hours, 15 minutes.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

heartlvrs
03-09-2003, 08:49 PM
WOW Erick that is SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you FEELING????
http://www.angelwinks.webby.com/images/mot5.jpg

How is everyone else???

Me? I have chosen to be smoke free for:

Ten months, three days, 21 hours, 26 minutes and 5 seconds. 21552 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3,039.32. Life saved: 10 weeks, 4 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes.

EricsnKy
03-09-2003, 08:51 PM
I feel AWESOME! Thanks!! 10 months for you, !! WOW , WTG!!!! I havn't had a craving for awhile now. and I can smell smoke so strongly now..RANK!!! And to think I used to smell that way...nasty!

heartlvrs
03-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Super super!!! So proud..and I bet fish is too!

auntnanny
03-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Ok I found the post I need. I am fairly new to BBS and I need to quit smoking. I am going to try and pick a quit date this week and with support I know I can do it. Can I count on support?

heartlvrs
03-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Yes MAM!!! Please take the time and read this thread from the VERY beginning to the very end....my email is listed thru out. I would also highly recommend signup at the habitrol.com website...its another super support area.

I am glad you decided to join us!! Also, you can also get your own personal counter to keep track for you at: www.silkquit.org

And CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to give up the ole nicodemon!!!!

auntnanny
03-10-2003, 01:13 PM
OK Wednesday is my quit date. 03/12/03. I will try not to chicken out as I do want to quit. Auntnanny

heartlvrs
03-10-2003, 07:08 PM
auntnanny...I have faith in YOU!! Have you read this thread in its entirety? If not..pls take some time and do so..It WILL help you:)
COngrats again!!! And remember...dont beat yourself up for any fallbacks...

Cab92 WOWEEEEEEEEE..Just look at you!!! I am so so so proud of you!!! Keep it up!! And your dh will do it one day..just keep showing him that YOU are!!! Hugs!!!

Char
03-10-2003, 07:30 PM
:D Congratulations !!! To all you QUITTERS, in this case, QUITTERS ARE WINNERS !!! It will be 2 years for me as of the last week of April... I go for DAYS and forget that I was ever a smoker. !!!!! WAY TO GO !!!!! ( this is a win / win situation...) :D

auntnanny
03-10-2003, 07:58 PM
I can't find where to post on the habitrol site. Can someone send me a link?
Thanks!
Auntnanny

heartlvrs
03-10-2003, 08:20 PM
auntynanny I am checking it out..they have rearranged the site...yikes!!:)
I will update when I get it!