PDA

View Full Version : Remember the three day diet

heartlvrs
05-24-2002, 09:32 AM
congrats....once i am 100% sure I am done with the smoking deal..I will pursue my carrot diet more..lol

girlwithsoul
05-24-2002, 09:32 AM
I don't remember that diet....could you remind me again?:D THANKS!!!

gaven&blakesmom
05-24-2002, 09:51 AM
Can you remind me too? I'm going on vacation next week & want to wear a bathing suit.
Thanks!

feliciac
05-24-2002, 10:04 AM
Could you email it to me too? I am getting married in August and a little boost would help me out quite a bit. Thanks a bunch.

suzziq03
05-24-2002, 10:09 AM
can you please send it to me too? please please please * on hands and knees*. ive been laying out everyday sweating my (_|_) off and running wearing sweats in 100 degree heat! im sick of sweating, and im so burned right now i can barely move. please send it to me!. i bought a bikini last year on sale hopeing i would get back down to my 119 by now. but nothing seems to work. help help help!!.
*leaves thread cursing at her carrot sticks*

gaven&blakesmom
05-24-2002, 10:37 AM
I didn't get an email, can you try again please?
Thanks!

sweet~n~sassy
05-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Thank you :)

dcut4
05-24-2002, 10:48 AM
You Got mail:D

gaven&blakesmom
05-24-2002, 11:13 AM
I got it that time. Thank you!

smartkarie
05-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Can you just post the diet here? I recall someone did last time... :D

dcut4
05-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Got it, THANKS...this looks doable! (is that a word) I am gonna wait until after the inlaws all leave..they are all coming in Mon. and staying a week.. I always cook huge amounts of food when we all get together and not gonna go on a diet then:rolleyes: will start this as soon as they leave.

dcut4
05-24-2002, 11:34 AM
heres the diet...only do three days at a time!!! and drink LOTS of water.

FIRST DAY-
Breakfast:
½ grapefruit
1 slice of toast
2 teaspoons of peanut butter
Black coffee or tea

Lunch:
½ cup of tuna or chicken
1 slice of toast or cheese
black coffee or tea

Dinner:
2 slices of any type of meat (3 ounces) or a small steak (broiled)
1 cup of string beans (green beans)
1 small apple
1 cup of beets or carrots
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

SECOND DAY-
Breakfast:
1 egg
½ banana
1 slice of toast
black coffee or tea

Lunch:
1 cup of cottage cheese or ½ cup of tuna fish
5 saltine crackers
diet soft drink

Dinner:
2 hot dogs
1 cup of broccoli or cabbage
½ cup of carrots
½ banana
½ cup of ice cream

THIRD DAY-
Breakfast:
5 saltine crackers
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 small apple
black coffee or tea

Lunch:
1 hard boiled egg
1slice of toast
½ cup of tuna
diet soft drink

Dinner:
1 cup of tuna, chicken or turkey
1 cup beets or carrots
1 cup cauliflower or greens
½ cantaloupe or 1 banana
½ cup vanilla ice cream

babygirlnoemi17
05-24-2002, 11:56 AM
are you still taking diet meds while u are still on this? i'm taking body solutions, and i dont know if i should stop taking it as soon as i start this diet:confused:
also does it look like you have lost weight yet?:D

suzziq03
05-24-2002, 12:44 PM
what happends if you do this for a whole week repeating the meals?? if you want to do it again, how many days do you space out? what do you eat on the days of inbetween?? if anyone has any clues please give them. im once again totally lost. :( :confused:

babygirlnoemi17
05-24-2002, 12:52 PM
if you dont mind me asking, what was the other diet, and are you still doing it while on this diet?

babygirlnoemi17
05-24-2002, 01:07 PM
how much is it?

flute
05-24-2002, 01:12 PM
this looks do able......QUESTION

how do i figure out how much 3oz of meat (or 2 or what have u) is???

I may not do this now, as i'm not allowed to loose weight..but come january i will :D

dcut4
05-24-2002, 01:22 PM
an easy way to figure 2-3 oz of meat is , that is about the size of a deck of cards. Same thickness, length etc... this is what my moms diatician told us when she had to go on a diet for diabetes.

eeigh33
05-24-2002, 04:36 PM
hmmm....this looks like a good plan...but i absolutely HATE hotdogs...i wonder if i could sub one of the veggie ones for it. i might have to give this try.

dcut4
05-24-2002, 04:50 PM
eeigh33...maybe sub lunch meat for the hot dogs..same thing, but you have more variety.

dcut4
06-05-2002, 01:18 PM
Ok I am on day 3 now of this diet..so far so good. I am on no meds(other than bc which I just started and makes me gain weight:rolleyes: ) But I have a few questions.....#1 the weight loss does not come until the end of the week right? I mean it takes the full 7 days to see the results even though you are not on a strict plan the last 4 days..#2 can you eat the ice cream later in the evening or must you eat it at dinner? #3 do you have to toast? I have been using just bread a few times, I also sub one extra piece of bread for the hard boiled egg today (raining like cats and dogs and I was out of eggs) I know I have more questions but can't think of them now.

DBackFan
06-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by dcut4
Ok I am on day 3 now of this diet..so far so good. I am on no meds(other than bc which I just started and makes me gain weight:rolleyes: ) But I have a few questions.....#1 the weight loss does not come until the end of the week right? I mean it takes the full 7 days to see the results even though you are not on a strict plan the last 4 days..#2 can you eat the ice cream later in the evening or must you eat it at dinner? #3 do you have to toast? I have been using just bread a few times, I also sub one extra piece of bread for the hard boiled egg today (raining like cats and dogs and I was out of eggs) I know I have more questions but can't think of them now.

I was also on this last week and I lost 7 lbs by the end of the 3rd day. Unfortunately, even though I ate healthy I gained back 2 of them in the next 4 days. I decided to only do this once a month and see how I do from here on. We (hubby was on too) ate our ice cream later in the evening and I almost always used bread not toast and still lost 7 lbs.

JANBAB
06-05-2002, 01:26 PM
i've got 50 pounds to lose!

mrskgb@hotmail.com

smooches!:D :p

dcut4
06-05-2002, 01:47 PM
I haven't started the exercise with it yet. I quit smoking for 3 weeks now and gained around 9 pounds:rolleyes: add that to the 25 I need to lose before and well.... at 5'2" 1 oz shows up, and all in the belly.

I am going to start an exersice routine with this next week, my daughter works at a local gym and I babysit with the owners kids..they gave me a free 3 month membership for xmas that I have never used. Daughter wants to start working out more and said dshe would do it with me.

As for the diet it self, I found myself hungry at lunch but dinner more than made up for it. With the beets I made them pickled, added some vinigar and sweetner. And the tuna I HAD to add a little mayo..other than that I have followed to a T. Plan on cutting down and eating healthy the other 4 days of the week. I have not weighed myself yet and won't until the end of the week (ok maybe a peek tomorrow)

At least I have stopped thinking of cigs...now obsessed with food, this happens every time I go on a diet...normally I don't even think of food until mid afternoon, when dieting I wake up starving. I know it is all my state of mind. Hubby said my breaking the 28 year smoking habit was easy on him, my mood was fine etc...but he told me he doesn't know if he can live with me on a diet for much longer..he said it's all I talk about, this coming from a man who eats about 3000 junk food calories a day(on top of meals) and still hits his prime target weight.:mad:

jamrsc
06-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Do you use any type of mayo in the tuna? And couldn't you add fat free milk to the coffee and use fat free hot dogs? I might seriously give this a try.

Peanut818
06-05-2002, 06:36 PM
lost about 75 pounds in about 3 months and kept it off. The copy I have says you can add salt and pepper to any of your food (gives it a little flavor):) and you can have as much diet soft drink as you would like. The only thing I had a problem with was the coffee or tea so I drank diet caffeine free unflavored iced tea (much better than hot tea) that just makes me sick. I used Ballpark beef singles for the hot dogs and breyers vanilla bean ice cream and had the ice cream a while after dinner along w/the fruit. Eat the ice cream out of the measuring cup it seems like you get a whole lot more than you really do (that whole mind over matter thing) ;)

Good luck to everyone who's trying it.

SheriAndy
06-05-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by dcut4
I haven't started the exercise with it yet. I quit smoking for 3 weeks now and gained around 9 pounds:rolleyes: add that to the 25 I need to lose before and well.... at 5'2" 1 oz shows up, and all in the belly.

Today is my 1 year anniversary of quitting smoking. And I DO have the 30 pounds to prove it! I weighed 119 when I quit and am trying to get up to 150 now. I am so ready for liposuction, tummy tuck, I DON'T CARE - JUST GET THIS ALIEN TUMMY OFF OF ME !!! Although I do feel better, no more shortness of breath, coughing in the morning, stinky clothes, etc... my weight is driving me crazy. I can't get rid of this tummy to save my life. I am going to try this diet next week, since it seems you all have had such good luck. Thanks for posting this. (Oh, and dcut4 ... good luck with the smoking cessation and congrats!)

babygirlnoemi17
06-05-2002, 07:51 PM
how do you eat the hotdogs? just plain or do you put them on bread with ketchup mustard????:confused:

Okiechick
06-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
I have sent the diet to everyone that requested it so far. So if you want to remove your email addresses from your post, you can. :)

I'd like you to send me a copy VIA email if you would please?

Okiechick@pacer.com

thanks!!:)

dcut4
06-05-2002, 08:56 PM
double posted for some reason:rolleyes:

dcut4
06-05-2002, 08:56 PM
I bought the Oscar Meyer light bun lenght hot dogs..40 calories each! less than half of the calories than all the other kinds.
Well I weigh myself tomorrow, started my period tonight so that explains the bloating and no loss thus far, better see some come off when I hop on that scale in the morning. Walked hard for over an hour tonight as well, amazing how much easier it is now that I can breath.

okie, check your email.

dcut4
06-05-2002, 09:02 PM
yep eat the hot dogs plain.

on the night that you have an apple and ice cream, I took and sauted the apple with cooking spray and topped my ice cream with it, had myself a litle sunday for dessert!

And SheriAndy thanks!

flute
06-05-2002, 09:13 PM
I'm going to do it in january...or whenever we quit nursing ;)

JamEtr
06-05-2002, 10:27 PM
I think I'm gonna start this one on Monday, it looks simple enough to follow. I also think that on my 4 days of "normal" eating, I will use a Slimfast shake as one of my meals to help count the calories. Good Luck to everyone that gets started!!

babygirlnoemi17
06-06-2002, 01:18 AM
no ketchup or anything????:eek:

gonnascream
06-06-2002, 02:33 AM
email it to me too

kylaw81@hotmail.com

BAMA BELLE
06-06-2002, 04:20 AM
This sounds like a great diet! Would you please
email it to me as well???

queenofquitealot
06-06-2002, 06:09 AM
I have an honest ? for you. Is it a hard diet to do, or is it pretty easy?? Do you get real hungry? Lightheaded?
I need to try something this sounds like something I would do.:confused: ;)

Shann
06-06-2002, 07:39 AM
{{{FishmansBetrHalf}}}
I'm so happy this is working for you! :D :) :D :)

I did it and lost 4 lbs lol... and i think i gained it all back in two days.. yep i'm a piggy! (insert pig pic here) ;) But also, i wasn't able to follow it exactly.

anyways, how much have you lost so far?? when did you start? do you mind me asking? i'm so happy for you, you must feel so GREAT! :D :) :D :) I totally love instant gratification myself, so i hate those diets that you have to exercise and eat nasty food for 30 days before you see results.. 30 days LOL :p ;) :D :) :D ;) :p

Thanks hon!

Shann
06-06-2002, 08:02 AM
congrats hon!!! That is just wonderful. I bet w/in a month and a half on this diet you will be at your goal!!! :D :) :D :) That is just awesome, i can't help but be completely and totally happy for YOU! :D YEAH!!!!! *hugs*

babygirlnoemi17
06-06-2002, 03:06 PM
what kind of tea have you been drinking, and can you substitute the beef hotdog for beef bologna??

suzziq03
06-06-2002, 03:29 PM
I cant wait to start this, been dyin to but $ is tight right now. congrats to all who have lost and gl to the ones starting. I know its going to be hard for me to do it with all the junk food on the way to the house from the chew the clue winnings and all the other freebies ive sighned up for. :rolleyes: :D think ill wait and send all candy to hubby while he is on the boat debt then start.

dana500
06-06-2002, 04:07 PM
:( i started the diet today and lasted until 4pm lol, i dont know what to do withmyself, i was starving and the plain tuna fish for lunch almost made me puke, i need someone to babysit me lol

dana500
06-06-2002, 08:16 PM
ya know the chicken may not slow it that much, the army had put my ex on a diet and i remember he constantly had chicken wings for supper, i forgot what they said was in it?

flute
06-10-2002, 01:57 PM
I don'tknow if anyone's asked this..but is there anything I can substitute the cottage cheese for?
I absolutely hate cottage cheese.

Thanks :) I've been copying down what everyone's been doing so that when my time comes I can do the same. I can't wait to start this diet ....

flute
06-10-2002, 02:08 PM
ok.....so would it be ok if i did the diet on monday, wed, friday? Or should you do it all in one chunk (ie: wed, thur, fri..)

dcut4
06-10-2002, 02:15 PM
I got the Hellmans just 2 good mayo today...it has 25 calories and 2 grm fat per Tablespoon vs 110 calories and 11 grms fat as reg mayo.... I added about half of that to the tuna and it was good! I just can't do plain tuna..feel like I am eating cat food. This only adds about 12 calories....just take a few less bites of icecream on that night if you have to be a purist. this is the first day of the second week...first week lost and kept off only 3 lbs, hope I do better this week , if not 3 lbs a week for only dieting 3 days is good enough for me.

flute
06-10-2002, 02:21 PM
Ahh, i c thanks so much :)

flute
06-10-2002, 02:25 PM
O I did have one more q......I konw i'm supposed to drink a lot of water w/this diet. Can someone tell me what is a lot? Cus I currenlty drink 64 oz of water & 8oz of milk a day......

O & I hope my metamucil won't mess up w/the diet? Course, by then maybe i'll be on pills......

dcut4
06-10-2002, 03:15 PM
I think the 64 oz of water that you are drinking now would be fine on this diet...all the experts say 6-8 8oz glasses a day, thats what you are doing. I am doing the 64oz a day on this diet, that is when I remember to get it all down. (Letting up today, I have an appointment to get my hair cut at 9:30 tonight and don't wanna have to tinkle every 5 min :rolleyes: )

mwbahl
06-10-2002, 06:05 PM
I want this 3 three day diet please send it to me ASAP
smileyes73179@aol.com

ckerr4
06-10-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by babygirlnoemi17
what kind of tea have you been drinking, and can you substitute the beef hotdog for beef bologna??

Girl, you are cracking me up with the hot dog thing!! LOL, I can't stop laughing!

I have read a copy of the diet where it said ketchup and mustard are okay (have it here in front of me, says, "you can add herbs, salt, pepper, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershier, soy sauce, mustard, and ketchup to your foods")

I don't know about substituting bologna for hot dogs - might be messing around with sodium or other stuff too much (like HOT DOGS are SOOO good for you, lol!)

I did this a couple of weeks ago, lost about 4 lbs, screwed up last week, and back on (day 1 today) - only cheated a little - ate a couple of crackers in between lunch and dinner, couldn't help it, was DYING of hunger (yeah, right:rolleyes: )

Hope to see results in a few weeks - yea!

Shann
06-10-2002, 07:18 PM
baby_froggy_69- jmo, i think you should cut out the juice while on your diet, just because most juice has a ton of carbs in it, so while you are eating less carbs (most likely on this diet than what you reg eat) you are racking up quite a few just in one glass of juice, does that make sense? I hope that helps.. good luck!

I want people to post their resutls!!!! :) :) :) :)

babygirlnoemi17
06-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ckerr4

Girl, you are cracking me up with the hot dog thing!! LOL, I can't stop laughing!

:D :D :D

another question, can you use albacore???

ckerr4
06-11-2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by baby_froggy_69

I also made the Day 1 Dinner tonight just to get the feel of how it's gonna be and let me tell you.....You get a lot of food in that dinner! I weighed out the meat and measured the veggies and that's actually more than I normally eat for a meal so I couldn't finish it all.

I agree with that! I nearly died when I saw all the food on my plate for the first time. All those d@mn vegetables!

another question, can you use albacore???

If you mean the albacore in a can, *probably* so - I woulod compare the nutrition labels to the regular tuna to check - if they're similar, the substitution shouldn't hurt too much:)

I just finished my day 2 breakfast, which is also more than I normally eat for breakfast, but since lunch is pretty small, I guess that's a goof thing!

dcut4
06-11-2002, 07:13 AM
day 2 lunch is a bummer......I actually stayed on this last week and doing good this week but the times between lunch and dinner are the hardest. Just the thought of dieting drives me nuts. Did have DQ last night and that was sweet!! never did that on a diet before. I will post this weeks results (if any) Thurs morning. I also went and got some fresh lemons to put in my water to help get it all down.

DBackFan
06-11-2002, 07:28 AM
For those thar are asking for a subsitute for the cottage cheese:

My diet (very similar and working great!) says you can subsitute 2 small mozarella sticks for the cottage cheese. Hope it helps. :)

***CUPID***
06-11-2002, 09:47 AM
I am interested in this also. Could you please send me an email with more information?
thanks
hud1417@msn.com

dana500
06-11-2002, 09:50 AM
sorry this is off topic but i dont have your email , anyway weren't u the one who used loreal and looks 5 yrs younger? man it aint workin that good for me, i must be beyond help LOL.

another few things, i find it much easier to drink the little dannon spring waters, they feel much lighter than my tap water. i wonder if we can start the diet later in the day because i dont usually eat breakfast or lunch so that probably why i got so hungry starting early in the day?? i used to pile condiments into my coffee and started drinking it black this past year didnt help me lose any weight lol. can we only have coffee with our food, man i really need the stuff throughout the day to survive, i wish i didnt cause i'm kinda sick of it :^(

flute
06-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by baby_froggy_69
WooHoo!! I'm a cheese Freak! I can handle that!

YO ditto that!!!! You know..wonder if I could do this 1 day a week? Wonder if that would help me any? This diet's going to be very hard on me.......I normally do not eat breakfast...

Shann
06-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Fishmansbetrhalf- just curious, once again ;) when did you start this diet? and how much weight have you lost since starting??? Thanks so much! lol... i'm always curious i guess.. :rolleyes: Thanks *hugs*

dcut4
06-13-2002, 07:44 AM
Just hopped off the scale...4 more pounds gone!!! Not loosing huge amounts but if I can keep up 3-5 pounds a week I will be at my goal in 6 weeks !!!! I probably am loosing slower than most as I quit smoking 1 month ago and the metabolism basically stopped:rolleyes: this has shocked my system out of gaining and now I am actually loosing too...I am happy.

dcut4
06-13-2002, 08:42 AM
oh my fish....you have lost a whole person!!! 96 lbs??? ok a very small person but they do exsist somewhere. congrats on your huge accomplishment!

Shann
06-13-2002, 09:20 AM
Fishmansbetrhalf-congrats!!! you are doing so awesome! I am in total aww of you right now! Keep it up! :D :) :) :D :)

DBackFan
06-13-2002, 09:59 AM
Just an update on me :)

I did the 3 days and lost 7 lbs. During the next 4 days I gained 2 of that back even though I had cut way back from what I used to eat. I did not go back on the next week and still just cut back and lost the other 2 back so back to the 7 lb loss. I decided to just do the week once a month and just eat better the rest of the time so will keep you updated. Congrats to all the "losers"! ;)

flute
06-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
[B]Flute~ If you aren't used to eating breakfast, I don't see what it would hurt to just do the lunch & dinner meals if you want to. I was never a big breakfast person either, but I have gotten used to eating the small breakfasts now. Believe me....after going from about 5:30 or 6pm dinner, to 8am breakfast, I can eat the little breakfast. :)

Actually...considering my sleep schedule is so messed up, I'm considering doing the breakfast meal @ noon, the lunch one around 5pm and maybe the dinner around 7 or 8? Or something like that....I normally stay up till 1-2am, so I'm thinking this might be a good solution for me :) And, yea..I may substitute crystal light for the diet coke. I hate diet soda w/a passion, and I have very few regular sodas. Maybe I'll just have 4oz of regular soda in place of the diet? If I could even stand that much regular soda. Maybe I'll just have a cup of tea instead? I dunno. Here ya caught me rambling :)

flute
06-13-2002, 12:02 PM
ok no one shoot me....

Dinner:
2 slices of any type of meat (3 ounces) or a small steak (broiled)

do they mean 3oz total...or 3 oz of meat per slice??

Shann
06-13-2002, 12:05 PM
flute- i'm taking it that they mean 3 oz total...since if you choose the steak they would want it to be 3 oz, so the slices should total 3 oz.. i hope that helps and good luck! :)

flute
06-13-2002, 12:09 PM
shanny, ty :) I'm thinking about doing one of the dinners tonight. Plan: not to eat again until dinner. Eat the dinner, and nothing else till tomorrow. lol. yea right.
:)
i'll let you know if i do it....if i don't let you know...you'll know i've flubbed.LOL.

jalex
06-13-2002, 12:20 PM
FishmansBetrHalf
I was wondering if you could send me that diet plan also? Please..!? I was just reading your post and it sounds very interesting. My e-mail address is : jalex@breezenet.net

thank you

dcut4
06-13-2002, 12:20 PM
actually when trying to loose weight skipping meals can be one of the worst things you can do. Your bodies motabalism goes into stavation mode if you only eat once or twice a day and will not burn the calories like it should...it figures it is only getting fed once or twice a day and it will reserve those calories!!! eating breakfast is a biggie...your body has went all night without food. Even if you just have a piece of toast and tea in the morning it is better than nothing, doesn't have to be a big meal....you don't have to drink the sodas on this diet, I think they are put on for a "treat" ( I myself would prefer a piece of chocolate cake:rolleyes: ). I just drink water with lemon or unsweatened tea instead.

dcut4
06-13-2002, 12:23 PM
jalex...check your mail. I sent you the diet.

flute
06-13-2002, 01:58 PM
Here's what I did.....
Dinner:
1 cup of tuna, chicken or turkey
1 cup beets or carrots
1 cup cauliflower or greens
½ cantaloupe or 1 banana
½ cup vanilla ice cream

I had 1 C of tuna, carrots & green beans. I reserved 6 carrots for a snack later. Instead of the banana I have reserved 1/2 C of grapes for later on.

I have no vanilla ice cream......cept what's in the klondike bar...so...I'm either gonna eat more grapes......take the chocolate off the klondike bar, or maybe eat 1/3C of chocolate chip ice cream. Haven't decided......

I have the power! I can feel it! :D Well...at least I hope I have the power!

LaynaBella
06-13-2002, 03:00 PM
I have read almost every page of this thread! This diet sounds like it really could work! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I am dying with all this extra baby weight x2! If you don't mind, could you please email me a copy of the diet?

Thanks! :D

dcut4
06-13-2002, 03:35 PM
LaynaBella...ya got mail!!

babygirlnoemi17
06-13-2002, 05:44 PM

I have read a copy of the diet where it said ketchup and mustard are okay (have it here in front of me, says, "you can add herbs, salt, pepper, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershier, soy sauce, mustard, and ketchup to your foods")!

i was wondering if you still had the copy and if you could e-mail it to me or tell me where i can find it!! Thank you!!!:D :D

mtzard
06-13-2002, 06:34 PM
I would love a copy of this diet. Could someone please email it to me? [

Thanks so much.

dcut4
06-13-2002, 06:38 PM
mtzard..you got mail. you guys can remove your email addresses now.

ckerr4
06-13-2002, 07:27 PM
If anyone else needs a link to the diet, I've got it bookmarked too, just lmk:)

flute
06-13-2002, 08:06 PM
OK ............well.......I ate the whole Klondike bar.......all my food's gone......hungry.................resisting....I have the power!

I do! :D It's going to be so hard when mike gets home...he always eats........always..UGHN!

that's why i'm in chat! to stay AWAY FROM FOOD!

man i'mhungry!

babygirlnoemi17
06-13-2002, 09:58 PM
ME, ME, ME, ME!!! lol babygirlnoemi17@netscape.net

Michelle965
06-14-2002, 05:50 AM
~I was one of the few who bought the diet for $2 on the trade board..
but it dosent matter..im just happy im doing it!!

~I started 2 weeks ago and lost 10lbs (granted there was a weekend trip to hershey park and a menstrual cycle to acct for)

~In my info that was mailed to be..it said it was important to follow it exactly because it has to do with chemical interactions of the foods.....but in real life we all have our dislikes....Mine being
BEETS...ugh!

~This is a weight loss plan from a hospital to help obese patients loose weight prior to their surgery. It must be like 800 calories a day...so if you are waaay overweight (like me) a certain little substitution shouldnt make that much of a differnce...(for now)

~OK...no one has discussed diarrhea...am I the ONLY one....its like my body is in shock..saying "what the he** is all this good food" and just gets rid of it...i think its part of that chemical thing.

~I do my dieting tues, wed, thurs.....dont go out to eat on those days or have company..i want to stick with it...then i have a 4 day weekend...(in case i need to go to hershey..;) )

~good luck to all and congrats to all

ckerr4
06-14-2002, 08:53 AM
ME, ME, ME, ME!!! lol babygirlnoemi17@netscape.net

You've got mail:)

ckerr4
06-14-2002, 08:55 AM

You've got mail:)

Well, maybe not! I sent it, but it came back undeliverable. Is it the right email address? Let me know, and I'll send it again:)

snoopy123
06-14-2002, 08:57 AM
me too! please email me the diet information

mcng888@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

ckerr4
06-14-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by snoopy123
me too! please email me the diet information

mcng888@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

you've got mail:)

babygirlnoemi17
06-14-2002, 09:24 AM
oops!!! it's babygirlnoemi1@netscape.net:D

ckerr4
06-14-2002, 09:35 AM
oops!!! it's babygirlnoemi1@netscape.net:D

okay, think it worked this time:)

SheriAndy
06-14-2002, 10:34 AM
I have a question. Everyone is asking to have the diet emailed to them...is it the same diet that is posted earlier in this thread? That's the one I've been trying, and yesterday I totally blew it. Ugh! And it was only day 2 ! lol I had to spend the afternoon at the Navy Recruiter's office with my daughter and wasn't able to follow the diet exactly. I am on day 3 now and can't wait to get on the scales in the morning. If its a different diet that is being sent out, please let me know. Thanks and good luck everyone!

babygirlnoemi17
06-14-2002, 11:05 AM
it looks like the same

dcut4
06-14-2002, 12:15 PM
fishmansbetrhalf---ah you have so much more disipline than me..an apple over chocolate??? maybe if the apple was dipped in chocolate. well that explains why you have lost 96 lbs.

LaynaBella
06-14-2002, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the email! ;)

Michelle965
06-14-2002, 01:17 PM
i think when you get "down" to where she is..
chocolate isnt worth blowing it all...
but maybe she has some other seceret sugary, salty fantasy;)

so ....what do i do about those beets...bleckkkk!????

dcut4
06-14-2002, 01:48 PM
hold yer nose and shove them in:D

I think you can sub. carrots for any of the beets...with that many carrots who need the sun for a tan..you will turn orange from all the carotine.

LaynaBella
06-21-2002, 01:18 PM
Sorry to drag this thread up again!

I was just wondering if someone could email me the diet again.

My husband deleted all of my saved mail including the diet email! :mad: I plan on going shopping tonight and picking up the food I need. Also, I just have one question, wait, two questions.

Do you have to have the Ice Cream? Cant I just have one of the other snacks listed on the diet? Or is it important?

Do I have to have the Coffee or Tea? I do drink them, but not to often anymore. Lately I prefer a big glass of water in the morning with my cereal! LOL!

Thanks again!

ckerr4
06-21-2002, 01:55 PM
I sent you a link, LaynaBella. Hubbies do things like that. Mine once accidentally deleted all the pictures I had scanned into our computer:rolleyes:

mwbahl
06-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Can you please send me this diet also.

Smileyes73179@aol.com

withnohalo
06-24-2002, 12:26 PM
Congrats to all you losers!!
I recently lost 37 punds doing the protein thing but it made me so light headed. Now I eat a meal replacement bar for bfast. I won't touch rice or bread cause when I start eating those, I cannot stop.
Does anyone know if this a negative calorie diet or one that works with some type of chemical combination from the certain types of food?
Also, when I was nursing my son, I could not lose weight. Everyone thought I was a weirdo cause everyone else seems to lose all kinds of weight while breastfeeding. Has anyone else went through this. I don't want to continue feeling like a freak.:p

LaynaBella
06-24-2002, 01:52 PM
withnohalo,

My sister had the same problem while breastfeeding. She could not lose a pound until her daughter started bf less and eating more solids. But I lost while breastfeeding.

mmcarter67
08-04-2002, 06:03 PM
would love a copy of this to mmcarter67@hotmail.com

babygirlnoemi17
08-04-2002, 06:30 PM
look on the second page it's there:D :D

Tasha405
08-06-2002, 06:04 AM
I found a 3 day diet online, but its different from the one in this thread.

3 Day Diet
Follow As Directed

Day 1:
Breakfast
Black coffee or tea/water
5 saltine crackers
1 apple
1 slice cheddar cheese

Lunch
1 hard boiled egg
1 slice toast

Dinner
1 can tuna
1/2 cantaloupe
1 cup beets
plenty of cauliflower
1 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 2:
Breakfast
1 boiled egg
1 slice toast
1 banana

Lunch
1 cup cottage cheese
5 saltine crackers

Dinner
2 hot dogs
plenty of broccoli
1/2 cup carrots
1 banana
1 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3:
Breakfast
5 saltine crackers
1 apple
1 slice cheddar cheese

Lunch
1 hard boiled egg
1 slice toast

Dinner
1 can tuna
1/2 cantaloupe
1 cup beets
plenty of cauliflower
1 cup vanilla ice cream

I wonder if it is as good as the other one posted here.

Here is a link for it:
http://beepollennu.hypermart.net/diet.html

Tasha405
08-06-2002, 07:05 AM
Tasha, There are all kinds of variations of this diet. However, I don't think playing around with the combination of foods will be as successful. The diet was dr recommended for heart patients before surgery. There is a specific combination of foods required to get the right results. So I have stuck with the original diet as found on the University of Houston Medical Research site.

Thanks, I will stick to the original then.:) I am going to the store today to get all the things I need for this. Thats why I was wondering about the other one. I will start the diet tomorrow!

sunnydazed
08-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Hi! I noticed that the diet was posted on this thread, but I would love it if someone would email me the link to the site. (edited email)I would like to see if the site says anything else about this diet. Thankyou!

chyna123
08-06-2002, 11:09 AM
I had the diet emailed to me the other day but not sure if its the original diet or not...FishmansBetrHalf can you please email me the original diet? I would like to start this as soon as possible....

heather_b@charter.net

thanks

missymommy
08-06-2002, 11:24 AM
I saw a bunch of ppl wanting to change it a lil bit. From what Hershey says this diet only works because of the calorie count. I
think since it is structured it is easier to do. But you could sub one low fat for another.

http://www.hersheyheart.com/hmc_diet.htm

Around here ppl call it the Hershey medical center diet. It was not them that created it and here is what they have to say about it.

Hershey Medical Center 3-Day Diet

It has come to our attention that once again, there is a 3 day diet circulating which states that it was created by nutritionists at the Hershey Medical Center. This is not true.
People often have temporary success with a diet like this because it is a lower calorie level than they were eating before – an average of 1100 to 1200 calories per day. In addition, the diet is very rigid and people who were eating randomly before will lose weight on a structured diet.

There is no magic to losing weight, the equation is: calories in must be less than calories out. We use the Food Guide Pyramid as the basis for a healthy diet, making low fat/low calorie choices from each group, and increasing activity (as approved by your family physician). Instead of dieting, it is best to make healthy lifestyle changes that you can live with forever. Some suggestions are:

Contact a registered dietitian in your area for individual counseling.
Check with your local hospital to see if any lifestyle change programs are being offered.
Weight Watchers has a safe, healthy program if you like the group support.
Often your county extension service will offer classes developed by the nutrition department of the university to which they are attached.
Some good web sites are available to help if you choose to work on your own: www.navigator.tufts.edu, www.eatright.org, www.mayoclinic.com
Please remember, in diets as in life, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" This certainly applies to any of the quick weight loss programs.

Department of Clinical Nutrition
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
P. O. Box 850, H-124
Hershey, PA 17033:D

mmcarter67
08-06-2002, 11:26 AM
Please E-Mail me the link to
mmcarter67@midmaine.com

Tasha405
08-06-2002, 05:12 PM
This diet use to come with some over the counter diet pills. I can't remember the name of them though. It was on a little paper inside the box.

It was something Lite