PDA

View Full Version : I got a chemical burn at the dentist, any one know what it's from?

Bubbleslove
05-20-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi! Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I MISSED YOU ALL!!!! I had a bad day and I am going to post about it in v/w, but I know some of you don't go there, and I need some help...

I went to my evil dentist today, and I got a chemical burn on my cheek, kind of by my nose, below my glasses. I felt something splash my face, then it started burning, but I couldn't get it off and when I tried to tell him he just told me to open my mouth all the way :mad:
When I was done getting the work done I wiped the stuff off and it took a layer of skin, then when I washed my face in the bathroom after I left the office it took another layer. I tried to ask what it was, but they wouldn't tell me.
He totally reconstructed one tooth, I think he put a plastic crown on it. They used those little pieces of plastic and the little thing that goes "clickclickclick" and beeps when it's done. I didn't see them mixing anything, so it must have been some kind of chemical that comes pre-mixed. It didn't burn my mouth.
I went to the dr. when I got home, it started oozing pussy bloody stuff on the way home (it's an hour drive) My dentist doesn't answer their phone about 99% of the time, so the dr.s office couldn't get a hold of them either...The dr. didn't know what a dentist could use that would burn skin like that, and no one I have talked to did either... He didn't give me anything for it because he didn't know what it was, he just told me to keep Vaseline on it and a cold washcloth every once in a while, and to watch it very closely IT HURTS LIKE HECK!!!! He told me to call his office if I found out what it was that burned me, but since the dentist hardly ever answers I probably won't find out from them.
SO if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!
(((HUGS))) in advance!

reneep45
05-20-2002, 07:19 PM
i dont know what it is , i'll ask my sister tomarrow, she works at a dentist, i'll check this thread after i talk to her , hopefully someone will know something sooner

midniteblu2
05-20-2002, 07:44 PM
{{HUGZ}} Bubbles.

ajksmom
05-20-2002, 07:49 PM
march into your dentists office in the morning and demand to know what it was that he was using. Sounds pretty terrible and pretty crappy for him not to tell you when it sounds like it was pretty apparent that you were in pain. Good luck tomorrow and hope you are better very soon.

lovechild
05-20-2002, 08:30 PM
I would say screw calling and be the first to march in his office in the morning. And would not leave until I had answers!!

Bubbleslove
05-20-2002, 08:47 PM
reneep: would you PLEASE?!?!?! Thanks :D

(((midniteblu)))

ajksmom, & lovechild: I would, but it's an hour drive :( I HATE driving in there (its a bigger city and full of road construction) so I don't want to go if I don't have to... That and it takes over a half tank of gas to get there and I can't afford to go again :( :(

kelblend
05-20-2002, 09:31 PM
{{{{bubbleslove}}}} I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with this whole thing! First trying to get in there and them being crappy to you and now this. I would try desperately to find another dentist if possible. In my phone book, they have a dentist referral line listed with all the dentists. You call them and tell them your needs and they give you names of dentists that will fit those needs in your area. Maybe there is something like that in your area??? I just looked it up on the web and it says it is countrywide. Try the site, maybe (hopefully) they can help you find someone halfway human to help you.

http://www.dentalreferral.com/

I know this doesn't help your current situation and I'm sorry but maybe this will help you in the future.;)

diversionz
05-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Bubbles, I left a reply in your thread in V/W. I can't tell you what made the burn, but I do have a couple things there that might help it. Good luck!

Bubbleslove
05-20-2002, 10:09 PM
(((kelblend))) I have another dentist now (sorry I didn't mention it) I called them when my tooth first broke to see if they were taking emergency MA patients, and they said yes, permanent patients too :D:D:D:D:D So I made an appointment with them for the 18th next month. Now that I have the one repaired I can hang on that long :)

diversionz On my way :D

kelblend
05-20-2002, 10:22 PM
That's okay! I'm soooo glad you found someone else!!

Maybe someone else can use the link.:D

Bubbleslove
05-20-2002, 10:52 PM
Thanks so much for finding it kelblend :D:D:D:D:D:D That's why I like to come here, everyone is so helpful :D

janelle
05-20-2002, 11:41 PM
You should have your medical doctor call your dentist and insist on knowing what burned you as he is treating you for the burn. The dentist should also pay your medecal bill since he caused the problem.

He must be a quack. When you complained of a burn it should have been taken care of right away before it did the damage. If they would have put a nutralizer on it right away it wouldn't have done any damage. If you get worse or have a big medical bill from this report him to the dental board. What if it had gotten into your eye? I think you should report him anyway.

CandyBarre
02-17-2007, 12:22 AM
hi, I don't know if you'll read this,being that your thread was posted years ago. I just got a chemical burn at the dentist's. The burn is on my cheek.
Did you ever find out what chemical burned you? I do not know what burned me. It sounds like your burn was pretty serious. I do not think mine is quite as serious because my skin did not peel. It scabbed up and now I have a red spot and it still burns after five days. I have been putting aloe on it for the past several days. Do you have a scar from the incident? What ever happened because of the ordeal?
This burn that I have is one in a series of incidents that have happened at this dentist's office. I was planning on not returning, but I had a crown that she put on that was giving me lots of trouble and no one would see me until she took it off. I had a hard time getting her to see me. She finially did, and the visit resulted in a chemical burn. She also put on a temporary crown, which came off the next day, which allowed me to see that there is a hole in the temporary crown.

Fred12
02-17-2007, 12:45 AM
hmmmm I wonder why is this thread being replied to after almost 5 years? ROFL

Welcome to BBS CandyBarre :)

lisarae
02-17-2007, 07:53 AM
hmmmm I wonder why is this thread being replied to after almost 5 years? ROFL

Just looks as if she done some searching, and wanted some info is all. Dont know how she found something from 5 years though, I cant get it to work finding something from a month or so ago. LOL

Juli67
02-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I had a chemical burn from work the other day. They presribed bactroban. Ask your dr. about it.

CandyBarre
02-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Thank-you
I'll look into that

CandyBarre
02-18-2007, 07:10 PM
hi, thanks
I found the site though a google adanced search, "dental chemical burn" and this forum was the only hit.