PDA

View Full Version : Ameritech

freeluv
05-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Ummm, what happened to the thread on the computers? I have a friend who is still waiting and he needs the number...why was the thread pulled, did I miss something?
Kara
pou099@attbi.com

ike
08-18-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by freeluv
Ummm, what happened to the thread on the computers? I have a friend who is still waiting and he needs the number...why was the thread pulled, did I miss something?
Kara
pou099@attbi.com

Not sure if you got an answer to your question... I know it was posted months ago, but if you didn't here's the phone number from my credit card statement for Ameritech: 305-944-7878

As for why the thread was pulled--I think it became a grip thread with most people undergoing months of delays... I guess I was lucky and got in early before all heck broke loose...

-Ike

BrightEyes
08-19-2002, 06:42 AM
Yep that is the number that we called Hector on also. We got our computer in under a month and absolutely love it! This is the address I sent my money order to also if you need to send registered letters or anything concerning your ordeal:

Ameritech Computers
16300 N.E. 19th AVE #201
North Miami Beach, FL 33162

I know in that thread someone had stated that supposedly the police went to the address and no computer place had ever exhisted there or something, but my money order was sent certified, signed for, cashed and I had my computer about three weeks later. All using that address.

Good Luck!

freeluv
08-19-2002, 09:38 AM
I didn't have a problem with them. I ordered my computer first after Darla(my fiancee was the computer geek who tested the system) and we got our 2 computers no problem. We had a defective hard drive, but it was under warranty with IBM and got a brand new one, but my friend wasn't among the first and he paid and never got his money back. I felt horrible cause we raved about ours and he got $crewed...oh well, I guess you live you learn..it was a GREAT deal when they still had the systems to send, I think they just got greedy and after they had sold us all the systems they had and the orders were still pouring in, they felt the pull of greed and took the money when they knew they had no systems...I don't agree, but I understand, that must have been alot of money and hard to resist. Wrong, but hard to battle greed...which is why the saying goes, "Money is the root of all evil"
Sorry to all those who lost out and I REALLY hope you all get your money back...
K

paulc
08-23-2002, 03:09 PM
I just got a notice in the mail that Ameritech is filing for Bankruptcy,

Attorney for Ameritech (this address is like next door to Ameritech's address):
Richard Birkenwald Esq
17101 NE 19 Ave #201
North Miami Beach, FL 33162
TEL: 305-944-3335

Bankruptcy Trustee:
Alan Goldberg
111 SW 3 St. #701
Miami, FL 33130
305-372-1100

You should have your friend contact the Trustee to get the paperwork going.