PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Pampered Chef Recipe

eamarkum
03-28-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a Pampered Chef Recipe - strawberry cheesecake torte. When you go to their site, it gives you the ingredients, but not the directions. Can anybody help? The picture looks sooooo goood!

Thanks for the help!

Thamlet
03-28-2002, 01:46 PM
I cant help you w/ that but my family loves when I make the taco ring from Pampered Chef!!! Shhhhhhhhhh!!!! I cant cook!!!! :p

jennls
03-28-2002, 04:53 PM
Strawberry Cheesecake Torte
Ingredients:
1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1/2 cup water
1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
1 lemon
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup cold milk
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package (3.4 ounces) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
1 kiwi, peeled, sliced and halved
1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line Stoneware Bar Pan with 13-inch piece of Parchment Paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into pan, spreading evenly using Large Spreader. Bake 15-18 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Carefully lift cake onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

2. In Small Micro-Cooker™, microwave water on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until boiling. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add jam; whisk until smooth. Invert cake onto smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board; remove paper. Prick cake at 1/2-inch intervals using Hold 'N Slice™. Using Pastry Brush, brush cake evenly with all but 2 tablespoons of the gelatin mixture. Trim 1/4 inch around edge of cake; discard edges. Cut cake crosswise into 3 equal layers.

3. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer; set aside. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Add milk; whisk until smooth. Spoon whipped topping over cream cheese mixture. (Do not mix.) Sprinkle with pudding mix; mix well. (Mixture will be very thick.)

4. Place one cake layer on Oval Platter. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with filling mixture. Pipe a straight border around edge of cake layer. Using Large Scoop, place 4 scoops of filling down center; spread evenly to border using Small Spreader. Top with second cake layer. Repeat filling as above. For third layer, pipe a decorative border around edge. Spread any remaining filling down center.

5. Slice kiwi; cut slices in half and arrange on top of cake. Hull strawberries using Cook's Corer™ and slice. Place strawberries and reserved gelatin mixture in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. (If gelatin mixture has set, microwave on HIGH 5-10 seconds or until softened.) Spoon strawberries over top of cake; sprinkle with reserved lemon zest. Slice using Serrated Bread Knife.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 0 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2001

Ladytiger
03-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Wow! Thanks, I was digging through some om old "books" that they gave me- that would be a great thread to start!!

eamarkum
03-29-2002, 06:42 AM
Thanks jennls! I hope I can make it as well as it looks on the picture. My sister, a friend, and I looked everywhere for this recipe. Thanks for your help.

Katy2
05-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Strawberry Cheesecake Torte Recipe

1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)

1/2 cup water

1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin

1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam

1 lemon

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup cold milk

1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

1 package (3.4 ounces) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling

1 kiwi, peeled, sliced and halved

1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries

Preheat oven to 400°F. Line stoneware bar pan with 13-inch piece of parchment paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into pan, spreading evenly. Bake 15-18 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Carefully lift cake onto cooling rack; cool completely.

In small micro-cooker, microwave water on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until boiling. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add jam; whisk until smooth. Invert cake onto smooth side of large cutting board; remove paper. Prick cake at 1/2-inch intervals. Brush cake evenly with all but 2 tablespoons of the gelatin mixture. Trim 1/4 inch around edge of cake; discard edges. Cut cake crosswise into 3 equal layers.

Zest lemon; set aside. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons juice. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Add milk; whisk until smooth. Spoon whipped topping over cream cheese mixture. (Do not mix.) Sprinkle with pudding mix; mix well. (Mixture will be very thick.)

Place one cake layer on a platter. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with filling mixture. Pipe a straight border around edge of cake layer. Place 4 scoops of filling down center; spread evenly to border. Top with second cake layer. Repeat filling as above. For third layer, pipe a decorative border around edge. Spread any remaining filling down center.

Slice kiwi; cut slices in half and arrange on top of cake. Hull strawberries and slice. Place strawberries and reserved gelatin mixture in a bowl; mix gently. (If gelatin mixture has set, microwave on HIGH 5-10 seconds or until softened.) Spoon strawberries over top of cake; sprinkle with reserved lemon zest.

Hope I helped :)

delSol
05-26-2010, 07:24 AM
I cant help you w/ that but my family loves when I make the taco ring from Pampered Chef!!! Shhhhhhhhhh!!!! I cant cook!!!! :p

how about the recipe - sounds interesting