PDA

View Full Version : The good old shows on PBS.....

Thamlet
03-04-2002, 08:25 PM
The Electric Company was a good one that I miss, lol. Captain Kangaroo was great even though it wasnt on pbs. Does anyone remember the show hosted by a lady and it was about the human body I think. Seems like there was an excercise portion in the show. She always wore blue and had short hair. Somebody help me out here. Mom2jal and Katt dont know or either they wont tell me!!! LOL

Mom2jal
03-04-2002, 08:29 PM
I liked Romper Room! I see Traci and Katt and Alex..... :p

captorquewrench
03-04-2002, 08:30 PM
anyone remember dusty's treehouse?

Thamlet
03-04-2002, 08:30 PM
I swear I've never heard of the Romper Room!! What year was this? We cant be the same age Mom........how may times have you turned 21? :p
Please, somebody has to know the name of the show w/ the lady and her human body!!! :rolleyes:

Katt
03-04-2002, 08:36 PM
I only remember a guy dressed up like a body. lol I think you are whacked thammy.

Mom2jal
03-04-2002, 08:38 PM
I remember that guy too! He had scary frizzy hair. Kinda like Richard Simmons..... hmmmm.......

Katt
03-04-2002, 08:40 PM
I think he was a pervert. That suit was just a teensy bit revealing. :eek:

Here Thammy...see????
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/PartiGirl/RomperRoom/missmary.html

jaybird
OHMIGOD! You don't remember Romper Room? Miss Lois and her 'magic mirror?' "Romper stomper bomper boo, tell me tell me tell me do, have all my ..." AH, thank GOD I can't remember the whole spiel! I used to watch Romper Room :eek: and it was still on when Brian was a little bitty guy (and he's 29 nearly) Sarah even watched it - was on when she was 2ish...

I'm surprised you can lead a productive life without Romper Room in your background Thammy! :D

I watch PBS for the concert specials they have, like Cirque du Soleil. Purely for the educational value.

(I used to watch Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans all the time)

Mom2jal
Dusty's Treehouse? I don't remember it.

flute
03-04-2002, 08:42 PM
I remember some weird math show, it was part of another show, tho...& of course Ghost Writer :)

Angel~Chihuahua
03-04-2002, 08:42 PM
i remember that show with the lady on it, we used to watch it in elem. school. :) just dont remember the name of it though

Thamlet
03-04-2002, 08:50 PM
No Katt!!! Not the man who dressed in a body suit that looked like the inside of the human body!! :rolleyes: LOL!! This was a woman and she always wore a blue smock or shirt and her show was about the human body (i think) or science maybe. Someone help me!!! (Thanks for verifying my sanity Angel~Chihuahua). Sorry Katt, that link didnt ring any bells, lol. Anyone else know of any good shows that dont come on anymore? Not even re-runs that I'm aware of, lol.

Mini
03-04-2002, 08:55 PM
well shoot i was gonna say the magic school bus but it can't be lol unless mrs frizzle was actually a guy lol

missymommy
03-04-2002, 08:56 PM
Is the show about her or does it have a guy in a body suit that
maps the insides. Check this I remember this guy

http://www.slimgoodbody.com/musical_tour.htm

Well I just looked and someone beat me to the wrong one.

But here is what that guy is doing now.LOL

Thamlet
03-04-2002, 09:01 PM
No BSB, not the MagicSchoolBus. This is a show that doesnt come on anymore, its from the 70's. Someone please help me...for the love of all that is holy i must find out the name of this show. LMAO! :p

Thamlet
03-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Missymommy, she hosted this show but I'm thinking she had someone like him on hers. Maybe he had a spinoff show from hers? LOL! Help me.

Katt
03-04-2002, 09:04 PM
*thinks Thammy is making this all up*

Mini
03-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Katt be quiet and go do your job(pickle is about to catch up with you)

Mom2jal
03-04-2002, 09:15 PM
*Thinks Thammy has lost her mind.*

Thamlet
03-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Mom2jal
*Thinks Thammy has lost her mind.*

Thats highly possible but I still want to know the name of this show!!

Katt
03-04-2002, 09:21 PM
*agrees*

Ohh hush bsb. LOL

missymommy
03-04-2002, 10:30 PM
I looked and looked are you sure it was on PBS? It wasn't
Zoom was it, I doubt it. Need to ask heartlvers she is good
at this stuff. It is gonna drive me nuts. I am 29 and I don't
remember this one. But we lived in the sticks and we only got
4 stations. LOL sorry:D

lilmeanie43
03-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Well I don't know any of the shows you guys are talking about... but they used to show Dr. Who when I was youger and I wish they'd bring it back, I love Dr. Who!

kelblend
03-05-2002, 12:05 AM
I think he was a pervert. That suit was just a teensy bit revealing.
LMBO!!!!!

Remember the shadow faces on electric company??? They were a man and a woman I believe. One would say "se" and the other mouth would say "cret"
and then they would say "secret" in unison.

lol

I'm sorry but I don't recall the woman in the blue dress.
;)

Judy
03-05-2002, 04:53 AM
For the life of me Thammy I can't remember a lady in a smock teaching science or things about the human body. The only exercise show from way back I can think of is Maggie. I think she wore a blue body suit.
We watch more PBS than enything else but this has me baffled:confused:
Hope you get an answer. You have me wondering now:D
Judy;)

captorquewrench
03-05-2002, 08:02 AM
OK Dusty's Treehouse had a guy (Dusty of course) with bushy hair and he rode in a hot air balloon and of course he had a treehouse. and there was a goofy blue squirrel.

wingsfan
03-05-2002, 08:32 AM
You can watch "Electric Company" on Noggin! My kids think it's a riot! All those 70's clothes and hairdo's.

paininthebutt
03-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Was it 3-2-1 CONTACT?
Other than that, this is what I could find:

1971 "Hey you gu-uys!"
Those words welcomed viewers into the Children's Television Workshop program Electric Company from 1971-1977.

1972 Ubare yubou uba Buboomuber Zuboomuber?
The first ZOOM was on PBS from 1972 to 1978. WGBH in Boston produced this kids program based entirely on viewer submissions. Check out the new ZOOM that came to PBS in 1999!

1980 Call in the Bloodhound gang!
3-2-1 Contact—a science program from the Children's Television Workshop—ended every episode with a mystery for this pack of scientific sleuths. The program aired on PBS from 1980-1989.

1991 Where in the World...?
ACME is counting on you! Contestants on Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? helped The Chief decipher clues to find the nefarious Carmen and her band of thieves. Produced by WGBH, the program was on PBS from 1991-1997.

Hope this helps.. it is going to drive me crazy until I find out!

bockad
03-05-2002, 08:44 AM
Does any one remember The Big Blue Marble? A geography type show about the world. Was that on PBS?

harlow
03-05-2002, 08:53 AM
this site might help - lists a bit about all of the childrens shows in the 70's

http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/decades/saturday_1970s.php

Thamlet
03-05-2002, 11:05 AM
I cant find it. *Sobbing* For some reason I think Mr.Goodbody (the man in the human organ body suit) was a feature in her show. I'm thinking The Inside Story maybe??? Ring any bells?? *sniff* I'm not crazy, i'm not crazy!!!! :( :confused: :p
Thanks for that link belaneve, very cool site but I still couldnt find it.

justbeachy
03-05-2002, 11:11 AM
Okay there used to be this show on PBS which had a talking roll of microfilm? that lived in a tree I think. Anyone remember it. I know it was on PBS. Help!

I also remember Reading Rainbow
Mr. Rodgers
Sesame Street
321 Contact
Capt. Kangaroo
Electic Company
Degrasi Jr. High
Mr. Bean's Toy Shop (I think that is what it was called.)

Whew, that's it. I went back in time about 12 years.:D

Mini
03-05-2002, 01:07 PM
you can't make me hush katt you know i have back up mouths lol

bonniejeanne
03-05-2002, 10:53 PM
I liked Big Blue Marble. I used to watch it with my son when he was real little. I do remember there being a Math show, but I can't remember the name of it right now.

PeggySue
03-06-2002, 01:29 AM
HOWS ABOUT THE. MAGIC GARDEN...LOL
2 sisters i believe swinging on those swings that came down from the sky.. and the lil chuckle garden with the jokes... anyone remeber that?? Lol
was my favorite... heheh

just beach..lol most of those r still on.... mr rogers is my fav i feel so sorry for him n love n miss watchin him:)

heckle n jeckle, mr magoo, magilla gorilla.. were those on here also or am i on a differnt channel.. hehehehe

lambchops also sherry she was cool:)

bonniejeanne
03-06-2002, 10:57 PM
I just remembered two math shows on PBS. They were Mathnet (which was a parody of Dragnet) and Square One TV.

sunnydazed
03-07-2002, 02:35 PM
I remember all of that stuff! Oh my gosh, I am old...........

justbeachy
03-07-2002, 02:51 PM
I remember Square One! Holy cow! I'd forgotten about that one.

sharinbo
03-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Wow! I remember so many of these shows! Look at this site:
http://www.rt66.com/dthomas/70s/childtv/childtv.html

ctwb5ffa
09-10-2006, 05:49 PM
can someone help me. it ws a show on pbs a math show with a kangaroo in a suit. i cant remember the name. it wasnt captain kangaroo either! please help

bonniejeanne
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
can someone help me. it ws a show on pbs a math show with a kangaroo in a suit. i cant remember the name. it wasnt captain kangaroo either! please help

Here ya go!

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/1877-math-patrol/

bonniejeanne
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Here's a good site for Math Patrol:

http://www.rickstv.com/tvo/mathpatrol.html

ilikefree
09-11-2006, 01:50 PM
OHMIGOD! You don't remember Romper Room? Miss Lois and her 'magic mirror?' "Romper stomper bomper boo, tell me tell me tell me do, have all my ..." AH, thank GOD I can't remember the whole spiel! I used to watch Romper Room :eek: and it was still on when Brian was a little bitty guy (and he's 29 nearly) Sarah even watched it - was on when she was 2ish...

I'm surprised you can lead a productive life without Romper Room in your background Thammy! :D

I watch PBS for the concert specials they have, like Cirque du Soleil. Purely for the educational value.

"Romper stomper bomper boo, tell me tell me tell me do, did all my friends have fun at play?" This is when she would look into her magic mirror and say names. But I don't think I ever heard my name...maybe once. Was her name Miss Lois? For some reason I'm thinking Miss Sue, but I could be wrong.

The only other show I can think of with a blue dress is The Big Comfy Couch, but that wasn't on when I was a kid. That was more when my older son was younger, maybe 7-10 years ago maybe?

kidzpca
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM

I absolutely loved Romper Room. Oh the good old days. btw I'm 41 and liked Captain Kangaroo too.

ntgsmommy
09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
The Electric Company was a good one that I miss, lol. Captain Kangaroo was great even though it wasnt on pbs. Does anyone remember the show hosted by a lady and it was about the human body I think. Seems like there was an excercise portion in the show. She always wore blue and had short hair. Somebody help me out here. Mom2jal and Katt dont know or either they wont tell me!!! LOL

ALL ABOUT YOU??? 1974

http://www.rickstv.com/tvo/allaboutyou.html

Airbuswife
09-11-2006, 09:29 PM
we used to watch "electric company" in second grade!! morgan freeman was on that!!

how about Mulligan Stew??? anyone remember that?? :eek: it was all about the 4 food groups and making sure we all got some of each, but it was liek a mystery show, it was too cool!! :D

I (still do!) LOVED zoom!! it was way fun to watch! and now there's a version for today's kids, like mine! :D

tracey74
09-12-2006, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=PeggySue]HOWS ABOUT THE. MAGIC GARDEN...LOL
2 sisters i believe swinging on those swings that came down from the sky.. and the lil chuckle garden with the jokes... anyone remeber that?? Lol
was my favorite... heheh

peggy the sisters were carol and paula and they had a squirrel in a tree named sherlock.Im 32 and I remember watching this.lol

tracey74
09-12-2006, 06:17 PM
delete this one it posted twice cause the site was slow

YNKYH8R
09-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Well when I was younger we used to watch "Voyage of the Mimi" on PBS. It stared a young Ben Afleck. There was also a show called "Read all about it". It was a live action show with a girl and two boys. I remebr there being a lot of erie music and two computers that were bilt into the walls that assisted the children in soling mysteries. There was also The Letter People". I don't know if any one got this program but it was called "Today's Special". So...my list is:
Seaseme Street
Mr. Rogers
Today's Special
Reading Rainbow
Voyage of the Mimi
Read all about it
Letter People
3-2-1 Contact
The Electric Company
Square One
I found this LOL!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Read_All_About_It