PDA

View Full Version : old t.v. show name??

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 07:46 PM
o.k. they are making a new show about puppets, and i was telling my husband about this show i use to watch, he has no idea what i am talking about so help me find the name of it so i can find a site about it so he can see.

there is a single man who works for a t.v. station.
he finds aliens that are puppets(or look like puppets to us)
he passes them off as puppets.
he does a puppet show on t.v. as his job now with these aliens
the show does well concidering they are aliens not puppets
he has to hide the fact that they are aliens.
it would have been in the 90's i would think, late 80's at the oldest.

thanx in advance for any help!

gordo24
02-24-2002, 08:13 PM
WOW!! you've got me stumped. all i can think of is ELF, but that is a total different show. never heard of this one........now i want to know...........

missymommy
02-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Was it Fragglerock?:D

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 08:24 PM
well i did watch a.l.f. and fraggle rock but no, this is a newer show than those, and it was not a kid show, it was on prime time. i believe the alien puppets were humanoid, not animals or anything weird.

missymommy
02-24-2002, 08:33 PM
This is the closest thing I have found so far Is this it?

Johnny Jupiter - Alien puppet character from the planet Jupiter who communicated with Earth via interplanetary television transmissions on the JOHNNY JUPITER/DUM/1953-54. His earthly contact is Ernest P. Duckweather, a janitor of a TV station (later a store clerk), who accidentally picked up Jupiter's wavelength when tinkering with a television console. Johnny had a head shaped like a peanut with a small antenna sprouting from the top of his noggin. Speaking with a British accent, Johnny eavesdropped on the planet Earth by monitoring Earth's television broadcasts. He questioned our strange habits and customs. Commenting on television, Johnny informed us that on Jupiter television was used for punishing children when they spent too much time reading books or playing with slide rules. Other alien puppets that talked with Earth included B-12, Major Domo, and Reject the Robot. The series was a satire of Earth as seen through the eyes of the alien, Johnny Jupiter. The hand puppets were animated by Carl Harms. The role of E. P. Duckweather was played by Vaughn Taylor and Wright King.

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 08:43 PM
nope, way too old, this was most likey in the 1990's but possibly the 80's. and it was not a kids show. and there were about 4-5 aliens, i think one was female and the rest male.

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 08:44 PM
i'll look up that scorch!

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 08:57 PM
there is hardly no info on scorch , it looks familuar but it isnt what i am thinking of.

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 09:07 PM
I FOUND IT!! it was called lost on earth, it was made for u.s.a. network that is why no one has heard of it! my hubby never even had cable channels till he was with me. thanks to everyone who tried to help me!!!

Vixen
02-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Try this site and see if it helps any

http://www.magicdragon.com/UltimateSF/aliens.html

missymommy
02-24-2002, 09:12 PM
I am glad you found it I didn't have cable until after I was married.
LOL had to move out of the hill first.:p

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 09:17 PM
http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1997/mar/03-11-97/photos/fileartslostonmotha****1.gif

i'm so glad i found it, i mean it really helps my mental state to know this wasnt a figmant of my imagination

mandybragg
02-24-2002, 09:21 PM
well i tried four times to get a pic of it in here but it just isnt working for some reason.

Bubbleslove
02-24-2002, 10:05 PM
I would be sooooooo happy if someone could help me :D:D:D It WAS a cartoon, it was on Nickelodeon, early 90's, about a vampire duck. That's about all I can remember... sorry. It was on before Inspector Gadget...
Please tell me someone knows what I am talking about, it has been driving me nuts for years!

bonniejeanne
02-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Was this it?

http://www.80snostalgia.com/classictv/duckula/

bugbug1967
05-14-2002, 08:32 AM
Count Duckula is now available on DVD. I think it is in CODE FREE format but you should check with amazon.co.uk or blackstar.co.uk to be sure it is CODE FREE and not in the PAL format. I have a CODE FREE DVD player so it didn't matter to me what region format it was in. They have released the first six episoded so far. There are also pirates selling bootleg copies on ebay in NTSC (American) format.

kasdean
05-14-2002, 09:34 AM
I have been wracking my brain for years over this show. There is a teenage girl whose father is on a different planet. She can talk to him through this crystal looking pyramid shaped thing. She freezes time by touching her first fingers together. To unfreeze it she claps her hands. This used to be my favorite show. I just can't remember the name of it!

sugmag
05-14-2002, 10:49 AM
You're talking about "Out of this World" with Donna Pescow.

Plot Summary: 1987

The series revolves around Evie Garland, who is the daughter of Troy and Donna Garland. Troy, however, is an alien from the planet Anterias. As a benefit of her half-alien parentage, Evie develops three powers as the series progresses. She can pause and un-pause time, "gleep" objects into existence, and can transport herself from one place to another. Troy is living on Anterias and is never seen, but Evie talks to him via a crystal cube. Evie is thirteen at the beginning of the series and lives with her mother in Marlowe, California. Visitors to the Garland home include Donna's brother Beano; the mayor Kyle Applegate, a former actor; Lindsey, Evie's best friend; Chris, Evie's boyfriend; and Buzz, who tends to take things literally. Episodes usually revolve around Evie getting herself out of a situation that she has caused.

DreamWarrior
05-14-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Bubbleslove
I would be sooooooo happy if someone could help me :D:D:D It WAS a cartoon, it was on Nickelodeon, early 90's, about a vampire duck. That's about all I can remember... sorry. It was on before Inspector Gadget...
Please tell me someone knows what I am talking about, it has been driving me nuts for years!

Hmmmm... would that be Count Duckula???

NINK
09-05-2003, 09:47 AM
i loved "out of this world" i watched it all the time