PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Moose-Baby Michael Update 02-17-02

Jolie Rouge
02-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Well, Friday was our "well baby" check up - should have been "whale baby" ! Michael is 20 pounds, 10 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches tall/long. He is in the 99 percentile for babies at six months ( his calendar age). If we go by his "adjusted" age (due date) he is four months and in the 110 percentile ! The doctor had a rehab therapist that specializes in preemmes there to elvaluate Michael's developement. They did some tests and asked a lot of questions. In terms of mental acuity, alertness, and personality; he is right on where he should be. Some of his physical/motor skills are lagging, but not anything that falls outside the normal developement range (ie: all babies do things in their own time.) Some of it is simply because he is BIG (so was Matt and I see some of the same) YEAH ! The doctor said Michael is doing so well that we scheduled his next "well baby" appointment for 12 months !
EVERYBODY do the Happy Dance !

Matt has a "girlfriend". She gave him 3 Valentines at school. He also said she tries to kiss him on the playground. I asked him what does he do ? He replied : "Run as fast as I can!"

Meg got a new 'do - My sis-in-law took her to get her haircut. She got a cute chin-length pageboy cut - it is adorable ! She is very pleased with herself. She keeps looking in the mirror giving herself positive affermations :)

Time for bed - C U Later ;)

~Angel Eyez~
02-17-2002, 11:57 PM
awwwww:D

Good Night!:o

adarkangel
02-18-2002, 12:16 AM
I am glad to hear things are going well.
I will do the happy dance right now, lol.
goodnight.

Bubbleslove
02-18-2002, 01:17 AM
Isn't it wonderful to hear that kind of news??? My son wasn't a premie, but he was very small, 6lbs 3oz, and they were expecting so many problems... Then at his first check up he had almost doubled his weight :O Made me want to dance around and say "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah" :p So I will definitely join in on the happy dance :D
Congrats!!!!

Goodnight! SMOOCHES

jaybird
02-19-2002, 06:42 PM
Wow Jolie, I can't believe how great Michael's doing! Amazed he's 6 months old already!!!!

Matt is a smart guy, smart beyond his years!

And aren't girls Meg's age a hoot? Mini-teenagers!

((((huggles))))
I got your postcard today! Thank you.

cowgirlup6908
02-19-2002, 07:00 PM
awww...glad to hear he's doing so good...
{{{{{{{{{jolie & family}}}}}}}}}}}}
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kelsey1224
02-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Jolie...that is really good news. Hard to believe that it has already been 6 months since he was born. wow.

Glad he is doing so well!

SKYFYRE
02-19-2002, 07:42 PM
Jolie, I is so happy for ya, and for Michael too!!! That little man o' yours is going to show everyone who doubted him! LOL!! Another bonus, is you won't have to join a gym... just carry your boy around with ya, will be enough of a workout!!:D
Matt is right, girlz have cooties, he needs to keep running...
And Meg sounds like a doll. I have always told my granddaughters that they were my "little princesses"... from the time they were very small babies, now they believe it!!! They will tell anyone, "I'm a princess" very matter of factly. LOL, their Mom (my daughter) is NOT amused!!!:p
Okay, gettin' up on the table now, doin the happy dance!!!

Jolie Rouge
04-16-2020, 07:54 PM
Believe it or not - Mighty Mike is all grown up ( at least he thinks so )

18 years old - graduating from high school - ready to go to vocational school and has two job offers lined up.

Mary_Jo3
04-17-2020, 09:18 AM
So glad to hear the great news.