PDA

View Full Version : "Tell Me Something Good Once A Day" Thread...

jaybird
01-17-2002, 02:14 PM
This is the "tell me something good" thread.

It's very simple.

Tell me something good. Say something good. That happened in your life recently, or a long time ago. Or something about your family, friends, job, life in general.

This is a 'feel good' thread. No politics, no religion, NO negative thoughts. Nothing but positive feelings and positive energy.

Mine:

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for the weekend to spend it with my dot. She turns 22 on Wednesday, and it's been an annual mom/daughter weekend since she left for college (she's 5 hours away) And I'm excited. She's only been back to school for a couple weeks, but I miss her and just can't wait! Shopping, out to eat, watching cheesy chick flicks at her apartment, having a couple drinks and LOTS of great conversation - just her and I. I'm selfish. I won't share this weekend with anyone. I don't get enough time with her as it is.

Your turn.

Gia
01-17-2002, 02:17 PM
{{{JAYBIRD}}}~I hope you have an awesome weekend~and tell your Dot I said Happy Birthday sweetie!!!:D

I have the most awesome husband and kids in the world! I am soo very blessed!!! THEY make me feel so special!! :D :D :D

jaybird
01-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Gia30
{{{JAYBIRD}}}~I hope you have an awesome weekend~and tell your Dot I said Happy Birthday sweetie!!!:D

I have the most awesome husband and kids in the world! I am soo very blessed!!! THEY make me feel so special!! :D :D :D

I will have a WONDERFUL time weekend. Thanks ((((GIA ))))

P.S. You ARE special! (3 really cute guys at your house too! Better watch those little misters, they're going to be ladykillers by the time they're 10!)

dcut4
01-17-2002, 02:26 PM
We finally got an offer on our home that we use as a rental propt.:D
So far all looks good and by the end of the month or first of next month we will close. We will make enough $$ on it to not only pay it off but our current home and all credit cards as wellcr:D :D
Only one more month and I will be debt free..no house payment, car payment or credit card bills!!!!!

Kelsey1224
01-17-2002, 02:27 PM
This is kind of long...but it is something that has changed the entire outlook for the year.

Last year really sucked. It began with our church (or over 13 years) hiring a new pastor who is a rigid, prideful man with legalistic views. Because of this, our godly music pastor resigned. We were heavily involved in the music ministry. Because of the loss of our ministry...and so many other things that were happening...we left the church! And, for most of the year, we felt that we lost our family and prayer support.

The church has actually gone through a major split because of this. Anyone who has experienced a church split knows how devastating this can be both emotionally and spiritually!

In August we started attending another church in the area and felt that we had found a new church home. We knew it would take time, but we felt that we had found a place in which we could worship, learn, and serve our Lord!

My husband and I decided early on that we would be joining the choir the beginning of January. We wanted to wait until after the Christmas season was over to dive in and get involved.

Then, lo and behold, in December, our old music pastor was hired as the new music pastor for our new church!!! We all started together!

It feels like we have come home again and I feel such joy again singing in church. Many of our old friends (who had also left our old church) are now coming over to the new church.

It is great!!! PRAISE GOD FOR HIS INFINITE AND SOVEREIGN POWER OVER EVERYTHING!

jaybird
01-17-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Charm174
I have finally become comfortable with who and what I am. It feel's GREAT!!!!!!!

It SURE does, doesn't it???
(((((charm)))))

jaybird
01-17-2002, 02:36 PM
You guys have the right idea. I got so tired of the bickering and whining and negativity going on, that I thought a positive thread would be great to read. And there's not one of us here on these boards that reads this thread, no matter our health, financial situation, familial situation, job situation, emotional/psychological/physical situation etc., that can't close their eyes and think of something warm, and wonderful, and positive in their lives. We're all blessed in some way. Many ways. Sometimes it isn't right under our noses, but it's there.

Read my sig, "...Find the blessing..."

unicorn9149
01-17-2002, 02:46 PM
Just found out - I'm going to have another grandchild to spoil come September.

girlwithsoul
01-17-2002, 02:52 PM
Well in the last two days two great things have happened to me. I put a deposit down on a 2 bedroom apartment that I am just in love with and my sweetheart Dustin and I will be moving in there on February 15th!!! YAY!

Second good thing is that I filed my income taxes today and found out that I will be getting more than twice as much as last year and it should be here by the time I move in so it's perfect, perfect timing!!!!!

Ain't life grand!

kasbat
01-17-2002, 02:53 PM
HiYaaaaaaa

Ok hmmmmmmmm..........we have a general idea of when the wedding is going to be......15th or 22nd June
Will know for sure in about a month or so

Kelsey1224
01-17-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by unicorn9149
Just found out - I'm going to have another grandchild to spoil come September.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such terrific news!!

We are waiting for my son-in-law to take and pass the bar! When that happens they will start trying for #2. (He takes it in February and then won't find out for another 4 months.)

missymommy
01-17-2002, 03:02 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
My hubby who usually works 12 hour days 6 to 7 days a week has off
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.:) :) :) :) :)

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unicorn congrats on grandchild on the way!!!!!!!!1

captorquewrench
01-17-2002, 03:09 PM
My work probs with SWBELL and Amex merchant services are resolved (still behind, but not this to deal with on top of that)

Thamlet
01-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Jamie, my husband, goes back to first shift on Monday!!! (He's been working 2nd/3rd the last 3 months.) I'm so happy!! :)

OH YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Sweetberries
01-17-2002, 03:14 PM
I just found out that I get to go up to Michigan in May to see my family Iam so happy about that! :) :D

leslieclaxton2000
01-17-2002, 03:16 PM
MY SECRET PAL HAS BEEN REALLY GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

captorquewrench
01-17-2002, 03:41 PM
My "new" babysitter is wonderful!

jaybird
01-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by captorquewrench
My "new" babysitter is wonderful!
That IS wonderful!!!!!

As a mother of 2, and a daycare owner for 21 years, I know how important that is, and how hard it is to find JUST the RIGHT person!
Congratulations! And remember to tell her once in a while! ;)

rbward9598
01-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Both of our cars are still running well after 200,000 miles :)

solai58
01-17-2002, 04:57 PM
my family and i are all alive and well......

i found my biological mom last year in Feb. and i will be meeting her in April for the first time in 20 years:p

angelinwaiting
01-17-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by solai58

i found my biological mom last year in Feb. and i will be meeting her in April for the first time in 20 years:p

that is so wonderful....I am happy for you:D :D

My something positive.......hmmmmmmmmm....I guess that would have to be about 11 and a half years ago when I had the most beautiful baby in the world and then about 2 and a half years ago when I had another beautiful baby....:D My kids are the most important and positive things in my life;)

btw....jaybird, i love this thread...what a great idea....{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{jaybird))))))))))))):D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) :D :D :D

chort1313
01-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by rbward9598
Both of our cars are still running well after 200,000 miles :)

for real?!?! :D that is terrific!!! my car went to 130,000 and i decide i better get rid of it fast! (oil leak--AFTER we replaced all of the seals!)

I received a bonus this month from work! :D

jaybird
01-17-2002, 06:19 PM

THAT is very happy news!!!

jaybird
01-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
I love weekends like that with my daughter. Happy Birthday to yours and have a wonderful weekend.

My something good...

Just spent the afternoon shopping with my daughter. Had a good time together (interpret that as...she did not beg or whine for anything and even paid for some of her stuff with her own money! :eek: ). After shopping we went to Starbucks and had a cookie and a Frappachino (sp?). YUM...

My second and BIGGEST something good...
My son just left for WORK. He LOVES his job at Pizza Hut washing dishes. Can you believe it? :D

P.S. Both kids are back in college and seem happy with their classes and teachers this semester!!! :p
We'll have a blast, thanks for the good wishes! This will be the first birthday trip in 4 years that there hasn't been at least 4" of snow on the ground. Of course, we still have 24 hours! Need to check accuweather!

It's scary, isn't it, when your kids actually pull out their own money when they are with you?!

AND>>>WOOFREAKINGHOO for da son! I believe it. He's finding himself!
BIG HUGS! (((((( ))))))

Princess of Power #1
01-17-2002, 06:42 PM
And my Dr. is giving me some painkillers WOOOOHOOOOO!!!:cool:

jaybird
01-17-2002, 06:43 PM
You made me cry! Thank you.
Awww. Good. I think. Because they were happy tears, right? Honey, I've seen kids really messed up in my 48 years. Seriously, severely messed up. And I've seen the worst of these kids turn themselves around-against all odds, including peer pressure.

One of the worst will be graduating this May from college with a degree in Computer Sciences. It took him 7 years, a couple dozen jobs, some run ins with the law, getting suspended from high school several times, going in the Air Force to avoid going to jail, drugs, alcohol, you name it. How do I know this? My daughter dated this 'young man' her first 2 years of high school (affectionately known as Loser #1)

Raven, your son is going to be okay. He's going to figure things out, decide what he wants and get it. Everyone's kids go down the same road, some just take the scenic route! Doesn't always matter how you get to the destination, as long as you get there. Life's a journey. And believe it or not, your son is learning all along the way.

And you can let him read this, tell him if he proves me wrong I'll come to Texas and kick his butt personally for making a liar out of me!

jaybird
01-17-2002, 06:50 PM
Raven>>>Jot this down on a piece of paper and ask your son to put it in his wallet. Ask him to look at it at least once a day. And if he thinks it's cheesy or balks at the idea, tell him jaybird said, "Tough nuts, do it anyway." Then forget about it. It's a mantra for him. If he sees it and reads it enough, he'll believe it:

Find the blessing. Find the lesson to be learned. Find the strength you never thought you had. Find the triumph.

movie nut
01-17-2002, 07:09 PM
I seem to be knocking out the cold/whatever that's been trying to knock ME out since just before Christmas. Since I adopted them in Oct. '01', Penny has gone from an underweight, moody, biting cat to a cat who WADDLES (when seen from the correct angle) when she walks, is less moody & more loving. Cleo was an terrified, starved cat--she now strolls around as if she owns the place, & is now a well-fed, playful little daredevil who loves to see how much she can get away with. My mother's Parkinson's & my epilepsy aren't out of control, thank God. Life is good :) :) :) :) :)

jaybird
01-17-2002, 07:13 PM
Yeah, movie nut, life IS good.
((((( )))))

KellyA
01-17-2002, 07:19 PM
{{{jaybird}}}~first,I hope you have a great weekend with your daughter.Let us know how it goes!Ok~Tomorrow is Friday~thats great news!I'm going out with my mom Saturday.She has had lots on her mind and not feeling well lately so I'm taking her out for a few hours!Another "good" thing is that I know I have a great family and sweet friends!Hoping to touch base with a great friend(by phone)this weekend also!Hugzz to ya{jaybird}~

hugzz{{Gena}} (in case you see this!);)

jaybird
01-17-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by KellyA
{{{jaybird}}}~first,I hope you have a great weekend with your daughter.Let us know how it goes!Ok~Tomorrow is Friday~thats great news!I'm going out with my mom Saturday.She has had lots on her mind and not feeling well lately so I'm taking her out for a few hours!

NOthing quite like mom/dot time, is there? No matter how old the mom & dot!!! It will be as good for you as it is for her! Enjoy!

heartlvrs
01-17-2002, 07:32 PM
The best things of course is all family is wonderful. We have our health and our friends.

The one thing I am still so excited about is rediscovering a biological daughter after 20 years and seeing her in April!!!!

Love ya sweetie!!!!!!!!!

jaybird
01-17-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by heartlvrs
The one thing I am still so excited about is rediscovering a biological daughter after 20 years and seeing her in April!!!!

Love ya sweetie!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from solai:

i found my biological mom last year in Feb. and i will be meeting her in April for the first time in 20 years

WHOA. Ummm. Uhhh. Errrr. Is this just a reaaaaaally freaky coincidence? You two aren't mom/dot are you?????????

Either way, that is so completely, totally cool for both of you. PLEASE let us all know how things go in April, and post LOTS AND LOTS of reunion pictures!!!

heartlvrs
01-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Yes I am mom and she is daughter!!! I am soooo happy and we will let everyone know:) and work on pictures

jaybird
01-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Oh my God. Solai and heartlvrs>>>

That is the SINGLE best thing I have heard in a very, very long time!
I'm just beaming here for the two of you! Wow. Excellent!

solai58
01-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Yes I am mom and she is daughter!!! I am soooo happy and we will let everyone know:) and work on pictures

PICS????:eek: :eek:

jaybird
01-17-2002, 07:49 PM

PICS????:eek: :eek:

YES. Pics. And lots and lots of them! I'm going to be dogging you both til there's 'mom/dot reunion' pictures posted!

solai58
01-17-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by jaybird

YES. Pics. And lots and lots of them! I'm going to be dogging you both til there's 'mom/dot reunion' pictures posted!

:eek: LOVE pics so i will draw stick figures for ya' ;)...lol...

jaybird
01-17-2002, 07:54 PM
LMAO. Ummm solai? This is the 'happy happy joy joy' thread. Only GOOD things. The correct answer would be:
"I LOVE PICTURES! I'll make sure there are A LOT of pictures taken and I'll post lots of pictures of us together as soon as they're developed."
;)

heartlvrs
01-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Isnt there a saying..."Moms ALWAYS right"? LMBO!! Which means OF COURSE there will be pics!! Thanks Jaybird for all the good wishes!! I cant wait for april!!!!!!

solai58
01-17-2002, 07:58 PM
i stand corrected....... i fixed it for ya...lol

ok, well good night {{hugs to all}}.......hope you have a good weekend, jaybird:)

i will post a pic soon :)

heartlvrs
01-17-2002, 08:00 PM
trying to claim going to bed to get out of the picture issue..RUN but YOU cant hide!! LOL

jaybird
01-17-2002, 08:03 PM
trying to claim going to bed to get out of the picture issue..RUN but YOU cant hide!! LOL
Hehe. I thought the same thing! Guess us moms think along the same lines!

solai58
01-17-2002, 08:04 PM
thats not positive.... kids have to teach the other generation :P:P:P

i am enjoying a peaceful night watching archie bunker .... thats a rare moment..lol:)

heartlvrs
01-17-2002, 08:08 PM
jaybird....excuses excuses!

heartlvrs
01-17-2002, 08:26 PM
seems to me that miss solai has escaped for the evening...

peaceluver
01-17-2002, 08:44 PM
My daughter got her white belt in karate today. She was beaming with pride. :p

heartlvrs
01-17-2002, 08:53 PM
Ravenlost!!

P.S. heartlvrs and solai...that is so fantastic! Congratulations!!!

flute
01-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Welll....mike brought home 3 paychecks tonight & they owe him one more paycheck! :)

jaybird
01-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Like I'm always saying, "Listen to jaybird, jaybird is always right"!

Nah, I'm not always right. (that's MrsDiana) I was wrong once. See there was this time I THOUGHT I was wrong, but I wasn't...so I WAS wrong!

Raven. Got a mantra for you too. This has been on my refrigerator for oooh, at least 20 years, probably closer to 25:
"Set aside your dreams for your children and help them attain their own dreams."

I think in a very short time you will be amazed at the strides your son has made. He's a wonderful kid. He has a wonderful Mom. With a combination like that, and your (constant) positive reinforcement, it will happen. Look how amazed and proud of him you are already, in just a couple short weeks!!! ;)
(((((damommy&dason)))))

jaybird
01-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by flute
Welll....mike brought home 3 paychecks tonight & they owe him one more paycheck! :)

That is great! AND...HAPPY ONE WEEK BIRTHDAY ISABEL!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you even believe it's been a week already? Next thing you know, you'll be shopping for prom dresses! :eek:
((((((HUGS&LOVE))))))

flute
01-17-2002, 10:15 PM
TY ravenlost & jaybird!

Isabel thanks u too jaybird! :D:D:D

NO, I can't BELIEVE it's been one week. WAHHH!!!!! LOL...

Jolie Rouge
01-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Michael is feeling much better. He also raised his arms for me to pick him up for the first time ! :) I know it is such a little thing, but I have several people who are very negative and think he should be crawling by now, and since he isn't he will be retarded. My doctor thinks *THEY* are retarded. I wish ya'll could see his beautiful smile !

Matthew got good grades on his second report card. He now insists on being called "Matt". This afternoon I was in the bathroom when Michael woke up crying, so I asked Matthew to go "talk"to him for a few minutes. When I walked in Matthew was holding his tiny little hand, singing the Phil Collins' song from "Tarzan" -"Don't you worry now, don't you cry. I'll always be right here by your side....."

Meg and I made cookies last night for her to take to school. They where a big hit ( I guess, the tin came home empty...) Meg was sooo proud of herself. I am still working on getting the batter off the ceiling.

Hubby Finally finished a car he has been working on with a friend since Thanksgiving (it was suposed to take a weekend - yeah, right...)
The friend paid him $$ for the work *and* (this is my favorite part) also gave him a gift certificate to take us out to dinner to make up to me for all the "family" time Hubby put into the job. THAT is style.

jaybird
01-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
Michael is feeling much better. He also raised his arms for me to pick him up for the first time ! :) I know it is such a little thing, but I have several people who are very negative and think he should be crawling by now, and since he isn't he will be retarded. My doctor thinks *THEY* are retarded. I wish ya'll could see his beautiful smile !

Hubby Finally finished a car he has been working on with a friend since Thanksgiving (it was suposed to take a weekend - yeah, right...)
The friend paid him $$ for the work *and* (this is my favorite part) also gave him a gift certificate to take us out to dinner to make up to me for all the "family" time Hubby put into the job. THAT is style.

Your kids are too cute Jolie! Congrats on the grades and the successful cookies!

As far as Michael and crawling? Hmmm. I've been in the daycare business for 21 years. I have had a 13 month old that didn't crawl yet. Sarah never crawled, walked at 8 months. The youngest kidlet I have right now is 10 1/2 months old, has NO teeth, first started sitting up unsupported at 9 months, and has only been crawling JUST 2 weeks. And he is twice Michael's age. Don't listen to people who say he should be doing this, I can't believe he's not doing that. And when they do say something along the lines of him not crawling (which is absurd) remember, he's developing his personality and intelligence. Motor skills come sooner or later. I've never sent a kidlet off to kindergarten in a walker! Besides, as soon as they start walking and talking, you just wish they'd sit down and shut up anyway! :D

AND MOST EXCELLENT on the dinner certificate!
BTW..baited Chuck a little tonight about coming to Louisiana. Didn't say the NO word. Told him about the GREAT fishing (okay, so I embellished a little) and the Cajun Mardi Gras...he didn't 'hrrrrmmpphh' me! Maybe...

Bizkitman
01-17-2002, 10:27 PM
:) :) AT work, they told us back in December, that there will be no Christmas bonuses or raises in the near future.
They kept their promise on the Christmas bonus, but it looks as though I'll be getting my raise after all.
Hopefully in a couple of weeks!!!
:D :D

And we are getting our new heater put in next week....woohoo!!

Maeryn
01-17-2002, 10:48 PM
Congratulations to everybody on the wonderful gifts life has given you.

My biggest thrill this week is finding out that my car is finally repaired, after it's been sitting for over a year!! (long story)

I go pick it up tomorrow. It's running like a champ! The only work left to do is some minor electrical stuff, but at least I can start driving it again!!

My "Baby" is all better now! lol

Princess4J
01-17-2002, 10:55 PM
I love this thread !!

Its great hearing everyone's good news.

Here's mine;
I have three healthy children. Oops I stand
corrected - 2 babies & 1 teen-ager. They are
the most precious things in my life.
I am very much in love with my husband.
My birthday is next month, on a friday.
My Hubby will take off (already approved)
thursday & friday !! So we will have a 4 day weekend !!
This month he will be recieving his bonus from work !!

Wimzik
01-17-2002, 11:20 PM
My something good today was this Thread! When I first began to read it, I started to think of alot of good things in my life-and I really needed to do that! And then when I came back to read more, Jaybird, I saw your post to Raven, and you have no Idea how much it helped me to read what you wrote, Raven is so right, you are very wise. Thank you, ((Jaybird)) twice today you have given me something that I needed.

Jolie- My twins were 8 weeks premature, my son didn't sit up until he was 10 months, he would never put weight on his legs or even straighten them until 10 months, I had someone say that they thought he had cerebral palsy, worried me to death! he never crawled, but a week before his 1st birthday he started walking. He is now a healthy, bright normal 4 year old. I'm sure Micheal will be suprising everyone before long!

Sunee
01-17-2002, 11:24 PM
My good news for the day is my kindergartener got star student for excellence in conduct, A honor roll, and perfect attendance :D. Mommy is very proud of her!!!!!

Ladytiger
01-17-2002, 11:51 PM
My good news is that I got out of my loser job, found a much better one, getting paid for what I do now, b/f even got in on the job, so he is making good money and YES, we will be able to get caught up on the rent!! More good news, I will be top salesperson at my new job, this is my second week!
More good news...I have a wonderful secret pal, I have wonderful friends and family here. I am very grateful.

Life IS good- and Jaybird, I wrote down that sig in my little book of affirmations and mantras:p

miacamel
01-18-2002, 01:08 AM
I JUST FOUND OUT THEY COME UP WITH A BETTER WAY TO BATTLE ADVANCED BREAST CANCER. NEW STUDY CAME OUT ABOUT A DRUG CALLED LETROZOLE. IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE BETTER THAN TOMAXIFEN.
I CAN'T WAIT TO CALL MY HEMO/ONCO TO ASK IF HE APPROVES OF IT. PLEASE ALL KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.
THIS TO ME IS THE BEST NEWS I COULD EVER HEAR OR HAPPEN OR ANYTHING!!!!

angelinwaiting
01-18-2002, 06:06 AM
My good news is........my dh and I have been having marital problems and we sit up late last night and talked about our problems and that is a start for a new us.......that makes me happy that there is some hope for this marriage...We have almost 13 years of marriage and 2 boys together and I did not want us to split up...so hopefully things are beginning to change...:)

jaybird, I love this thread.....reading other good news is really an inspiration to me....Thanks soooooo much for starting this thread:) :) :)

girlwithsoul
01-18-2002, 08:02 AM
Since I won't be online this weekend I need to say 3 good things:

1) I have one of the sweetest, sexiest, most talented boyfriends on the planet and he sure knows how to make me feel good!!!

2) IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

3) I get to go to Pier One (who's having a sale) and IKEA this weekend to look for nice decorative stuff for my new apartment. I just can't wait to get started on making a new home for my boyfriend and myself. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

jcw
01-18-2002, 08:08 AM
Had surgery on my vocals and I am feeling good. Since I have to have it done on other side as soon as I heal am really happy to know it's not as bad as I thought it was .family is happy I can't talk for 10 days

Susana Jasso
01-18-2002, 08:50 AM
I just found out why does my so chooses to call my hubby by his first name. My son is a 2 & 1/2 year old todler. He loves to play with dad, chases him around the house, attempts to feed and dress him, and so on and so forth.

Well, this morning when I asked him why doesn't he call dad, dad or daddy. In a very knowledge and adult voice he answered, "Because we both love you and you both love us. You feed us, dress us, yell at us. We are your kids and you are our mom. So, that makes him my brother, not my dad."

Very interesting to say for a almost 3 year old. Wouln't you say?

I guess my little boy is growing up.

jaybird
01-18-2002, 09:58 AM
My good news for Friday is trivial, so far, but it's only 11am. I've had my sister's 2 dogs since 7am and Maggie has only pooped on the floor ONCE and not peed on the floor at all!

LMAO. THAT is very good news, normally she pees and poops constantly while she's here!

If that's the highlight of my day, so be it. Because I'm packed and ready to leave for Sarah's at 4pm! WOOHOO!

movie nut
01-18-2002, 10:04 AM
jaybird--thanx for the hugs--this thread is wonderful--have a GREAT time this weekend.:) :) :)

Gia
01-18-2002, 10:30 AM
{{{Mommyx2}}} sent me the sweetest email and totally made me smile this morning~she probably didnt even realize it!! I have some GREAT friends here!! Love you guys~:)

{{{{{JAYBIRD}}}}} :) :D ;)

missymommy
01-18-2002, 11:27 AM
A Memo From your supreme being

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE
I am Your Supreme Being. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFYSBTD (something for Your Supreme Being to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you, you may have touched their life in ways you will never know!

I changed it a bit... I thought this would be a good place for this

Love ya

Missy

jaybird
01-18-2002, 11:31 AM
That is so true missymommy. Thanks for posting that here!

missymommy
01-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Just a little bump while Jaybird is away.

Something good today. My kids took a nap at the same time today and
they are now playing nice. They are just tooooo cute when they are good.

Missy

childbrite
01-18-2002, 08:38 PM
My three year old son is 99.99999999% potty trained and wearing big boy underwear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell how excited I am ?????? Just have my 17 month old daughter to go and then no more diapers until the grandchildren start arriving in the very very very very distant future LOL!!!!!!!

SKYFYRE
01-18-2002, 11:20 PM
My good thing is that my DH let me know he is planning to send me home for a visit after two years of being away. I posted my own thread about this, but still wanted to add to yours. Thanks for making this thread!!!:cool:

DeeTee
01-19-2002, 12:19 AM
It's Friday and I have a three day weekend to do whatever I want to do!

denisemm
01-19-2002, 12:43 AM
My son (he's 2) was picking the little sprinkles off the circus animal cookies (you know, the ones with the pink & white icing & sprinkles on them) and eating them, then when he got all the sprinkles off he would eat the cookie. It was cute!

denisemm
01-19-2002, 12:47 AM
-------------------------------------------------
Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!
--------------------------------------------------

I like that!

mamabear_93930
01-19-2002, 03:18 AM
Last week I got a foreclosure letter in the mail so I called a Real Estate office to put the house up for sale to see if I could sell it in the 3 months that they gave me. The guy came out and looked at it and then called me today and said he's willing to buy my house and that he would let me live here Rent Free until June when my son finishes his Junior year then he'll give me $1500. to help me move. How Great is that?

missymommy
01-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Its snowing and that may not be something good for most
of us adults you should see my little ones. They are so
excited. Remember when you got excited when it snowed?

O.k. so I still secretly love snow....shhhh! Don't tell
anyone.

:) :p :) :p :) :p

throws snowball at next person to come in the thread and
runs away.......

hehehehehehehe:D

Wimzik
01-19-2002, 11:52 AM
*wipes snow of my face* geez!! wasn't expecting to get attacked when I came in here!
We are suposed to get snow tonight, we get alot of snow here though and I'm kind of tired of it, but I'll make sure to save a snowball for ya!!
I get to go to the Big City today and pick out my new furniture, I'm VERY excited!!!!:D :D

twinfawn
01-19-2002, 11:56 AM
That I have the money to sign my two kids up for ball season today!..:) I worry every year that I won't have the extra but it always ends up being there..........:):D

DeeTee
01-19-2002, 01:24 PM
This is a great idea and I hope it continues.

I got a haircut today and I love it!

unicorn9149
01-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Took my first test drive today. Get a $50 GC from Brookstone. Also got a letter from my unsecret pal.

I love having a new friend.

childbrite
01-19-2002, 06:48 PM
:cool: My good news today.....Today my DH and I played with the kids outside in the yard in the 20 degree weather! We had a blast and got to run around and play around like little kids again! :p

movie nut
01-19-2002, 08:14 PM
For Sat.--am feeling well, kitties are loving & rambunctious--got a free CD in mail (my 3rd! from Lutheran Ministries??oh well:rolleyes: :)

peaceluver
01-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Everyone I met today was happy and positive. Now thats nice.:p

sharinbo
01-20-2002, 09:48 AM
My fiance made enough in tips last night to cover the cell phone bill I'd been stressing out over. AND for the first time, I woke up this morning and the kitties had NOT destroyed the house. Oh! And today we make our final payment on our furniture. Yay!

DEARDOROTHY
01-20-2002, 10:33 AM
My daughter spent last night with Grandma (and tonight too because there is no school Monday) and Hubby and I had a wonderful time. Hubby is at a swap meet today and won't be home for another TWO HOURS! When he gets home, well...:p :D

Gia
01-20-2002, 10:39 AM
:D :) My dh let me sleep in this morning and woke me up with breakfast in bed!! I love that man!!! What a sweetie~ :D :)

MOOSEdaddy
01-20-2002, 12:40 PM
it might not seem like much to some,but i got kisses from my six month old earlier!!:D

KellyA
01-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by MOOSEdaddy
it might not seem like much to some,but i got kisses from my six month old earlier!!:D

aaawwwww.....{{{{{{{moosedaddy}}}}}}}~~thats great hun~.I've missed seeing you around,how have ya been??hugzz;)

{{{{Gena}}}}girl~~that man of yours is so darn sweet hun!hugz to ya sweetie!Talk to you soon!

Gia
01-20-2002, 03:33 PM

{{{MOOSEdaddy}}} Sounds like EVERYTHING to me hon!!! **MMUUAAHH** and BigBigHuggs~to you and that sweet lil one of yours...(both of em):) :D ;)

MOOSEdaddy
01-20-2002, 04:05 PM
thanks for the hugs from kelly and gia (((((( kelly ))))) (((((( moosehugs to gia!! )))))))))) i just wish i was lucky enuff to have someone bring ME breakfast in bed for once. lol at least my kids love me!! :D :D and gena both of the lil ones got BIG hugs from gena!!;)

missymommy
01-20-2002, 04:25 PM
:) :D ;) :p :cool: :) :D ;) :p :cool:

My hubby is home with me today. I am surprised that I have been able
to get on the computer. He is usually in the home theater forums when
he is here and I am making dinner or cleaning. He never gets a day off but he will be home for three days straight. Yippee!!!!

jaybird
01-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Wow. I just read through all the new posts and I got that warm fuzzy feeling again! I'm so glad things are going well for everyone and at least you can find a couple things that made you smile today.

My something good for Saturday was I was with my dot and we had a GREAT weekend, one of our best, but I'll write more about that in my other post.

My something good for today is that the RAMS sent the Packers packing. BIG TIME! New Orleans here we come, soon as we get the Fleagles out of our way next weekend.

And my Thank Heavens something good is actually something very serious that could have ended drastically different:

My daughter has a very good friend at college (going on 22 also). They're very close, but are in different sororities, and don't 'go out' very often together. Sarah and a few of her friends had a PJ party and ended up going out to the bars to be silly about 1am. She came home about 3am (knowing I'd be at her apartment by 9am). Well. At 4am a close guy friend phoned from the hospital on campus. He had just taken her girlfriend "M" there. ALCOHOL POISONING. So Sarah and her 2 roomies ran over to the hospital and stayed until "M's" parents got there from Indy. This girl weighs about a buck. She blew almost a 4.0. Was comatose. The VERY VERY VERY GOOD NEWS is that she's okay. They pumped her stomach, stuck in IV's and hydrated her and released her late this morning. Hopefully "M" will learn something from this close call. (She's on Zoloft and apparently the drug interaction with the alcohol was nearly fatal)

So it is good news. Because kids think they are invincible, immortal. Not me attitude. It scared her close friends to death and shook up a lot more. Lessons learned hopefully.

GO RAMS!

jaybird
01-20-2002, 08:27 PM
I'm on Zoloft and there are two BIG no no's...aspirin and alcohol!!! Thank goodness she is okay. Now someone needs to thump her a good one on the head!!!

Sarah has a very thorough med background and we'd talked about that. When she stopped by there to see her this afternoon, "M" told her that she thought someone had slipped something in her drink, because she didn't really drink that much (although she is a heavy duty drinker, many times Sarah will run into her when she's out, and "M's" so wasted she doesn't even know Sarah. One reason Sarah won't 'go out' with her.) Sarah got in her face and said, "M", your medicine is what happened. You had an overdose reaction because of the alcohol and the anti-depressant. And I'm f***ing p*ssed at you and Mom's going to kick your butt." Sarah was going over there when we left to sit with her and watch the Rams game. Don't worry none of her roomies (7 of them) were home with her and don't worry that her parents left the hospital when the released her and went back to Indy.
GRRRRR. So I think Sarah babysat her after we left and taught her the facts of life according to Sarah. THAT can get really ugly! :eek: :D

Gia
01-21-2002, 08:25 AM
{{{{{KellyA}}}}} and I were FINALLY able to talk again last night! We had a very nice...LONG....conversation on the phone :D :D :D I love ya Kelly~girl. I also woke up to such a sweet~ heartfelt email from {{{{{Mommyx2}}}}} This Morning~ I Love you too {{{Tamara}}} :D

{{{Jaybird}}} I am so glad that you are back and that you have such a great time~ :D :) :D

girlwithsoul
01-21-2002, 08:40 AM
My boyfriend is the BEST!!!!!! We took care of each other all weekend and he even bought my dinner.....TWICE!!!!!! What a sweetie!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOO GLAD HE IS A PART OF MY LIFE!!!

DeeTee
01-21-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm finally cleaning out the spare room today and my husband isn't here to see what I am throwing away. Believe me, that's a good thing!

captorquewrench
01-21-2002, 01:42 PM
i just got back from the dr and i do NOT have appendicitis or gall bladder troubles!

oh yeah, and right at this very moment, no kids are arguing screaming or begging for anything (crosses fingers & knocks on wood)

girlwithsoul
01-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Another good thing happened today....I got confirmation on my new place. The deposit check went through and Dustin and I will move in February 15th!!!! Here's hoping for a great new start!!!

spongebob
01-21-2002, 02:11 PM
i got a job start today at a meat locker.. hrs are good 4 to 10..really need the extra money.. since dh.. had to transfer to a different job and won't be making as much.. wish me luck haven't worked for 15 years..

jaybird
01-21-2002, 02:29 PM
Hiya'll!
Flower>>>You'll do fine on your new job. And I bet in no time you love working outside the home again!

My good news :eek: for Monday:

It's official. We got the letter from Ball State. Sarah is invited to participate in commencement exercises, May 3rd, 2002. SUMMA CUM LAUDE! 4.0

And now we get to order announcements, cap & gown, tassels, cords and all the other 'junk' that graduation entails. :rolleyes:

There wasn't any doubt she'd graduate, but seeing it in print was nice. Out of all her closest friends, she's the only one that will get to 'walk' in May. Two will graduate by the summer session, another has to wait until December 2002. So that's sort of sad, people she's spent 4 years with...but I'm sure she'll know plenty of the 4 or 5000 that graduate this spring!

WOOHOO.
WAAAHHHH...my baby!

Princess4J
01-21-2002, 04:01 PM
My good thought for today is
that Mamabear replyed to my post
about a BBS Reunion.

here's the link for those who missed it

http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?threadid=154944&referrerid=34365

I think it would be great to have a BBS REUNION
who else wants to host one in their area??

Can't wait to meet my fellow BBSers.

captorquewrench
01-21-2002, 04:31 PM
raven see my other thread about not going to work today!

jaybird
01-21-2002, 06:41 PM
RAVEN>>>I tried emailing you 3 times, and it was returned every time, telling me no such user! :(

sunrise914
01-21-2002, 09:05 PM
Had a drs appt today and found out that I dont need back surgery! YEA:)

Gia
01-22-2002, 06:59 AM
RAVEN>>>I tried emailing you 3 times, and it was returned every time, telling me no such user! :(
I am having the same problem with your email addy {{{Raven}}}

For my something good today~I woke up this morning...HEADACHE FREE...Thank God!!!! I thought I was gonna die with one yesterday~:( :p

jaybird
01-22-2002, 12:52 PM
Hmmm Raven, I suppose a rescheduling a dental appt. is a good thing. Much better than actually GOING! :D

My life's just rolling along at its normal, happy, oblivous pace. Nothing earth-shattering for my 'good thing' today, except my 2year old at my daycare hasn't had an accident in her pants in a week! And she's only been trained 2 weeks! That's a sad statement of my life! Another good thing, Sarah's boyfriend is taking her to Colorado (Steamboat Springs) skiing for 5 days for her birthday! She hasn't been out there since he transferred back home last summer and she loves Colorado!

Maybe something earth-shattering will happen before I go to bed.

Wimzik
01-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Well, I DID go to the dentist today and had a wisdom tooth pulled that has been killing me, and after being tortured by my sadistic dentist, I do feel much better now:D
I also picked out paint for my living room, DH is going to paint before we get our new furniture in 2 weeks!!!:D :D

bonniejeanne
01-23-2002, 12:39 AM
They both got straight A's.

My gifted ninth grader got four 100's on his midterm exams, one 98, and one 90. He set the curve for his English midterm. He didn't have anything below a 96 for the six weeks.

My seventh grader didn't get anything below a 96 for the nine weeks.

Can you tell I'm a proud Mom? LOL.

Gia
01-23-2002, 07:26 AM
I woke up this morning~:D

{{{{{JAYBIRD}}}}};)

Gia
01-23-2002, 09:25 AM
They just delivered my new bedroom furniture!!! WOOHOO...

http://playground.kodak.com/uploaded/2001-11-27-00-31-58-1-6767.dat

WOW!!!!! Absolutley Beautiful~~ :D :D :D

niknak
01-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Today...I have a happy healthy family, no sick kids or anyhting!!!
:D

DeeTee
01-23-2002, 04:42 PM
I had an appointment for a CT scan today, and I was dreading it. When I got down there, they apologized and said they had changed their minds. The Neurologist and Radiologist had conferred and decided I need another MRI instead (and I can handle that). I decided the take the day off work anyway!

captorquewrench
01-23-2002, 04:44 PM
my daughter does *not* have strep throat (again)

unicorn9149
01-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Meeting DH for lunch. He's got a free ticket to Trail Blazer game tonight and I get an evening watching MY shows.

captorquewrench
01-24-2002, 09:41 AM
My something good today.....

Kinda long....but this....well, you know.

Most of you know I work for a Chinese man in a Chinese part of town. I have always loved Oriental culture, but now, I'm getting a lot of exposure and taking this home to my kids, telling them about the people and customs.....

Shaunnessy my 4 yr old has decided "There's just Texas and China in the whole world, right?"

She has taken a great love for the Chinese people and is very upset over their situation about not having personal freedom to say think or worship how they want.

SO the other night she asked me could she sell lemonade?

I said What for?

To get money to help the people in China........

I said Honey, we'll sell cookies too!

To make it short, I talked to the pastors wife and we are going to find a way thru the church that Shaunnessy can help China. it will be mostly her project, choosing to spend on food or medical supplies or bibles or whatever and what organization, an orphanage or missionary....with a lot of help......

That kid......

well, she has a HEART the size of China and then some.

Proud to be her mom!

deidra@radicus.net
01-24-2002, 09:59 AM
I moved to Maryland from Ohio a little under a year ago, so needless to say, I don't see many of my friends very often. BUT, my best friend EVER is driving here to visit me this weekend and will be here tonight! That's my positive for today!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jaybird
01-24-2002, 12:49 PM
The toilet ran over. No. I mean SERIOUSLY ran over.

One of my little daycare kidlets (just turned 3) was using the bathroom and had locked the door! :eek: I know, there shouldn't be a lock on it, but in 21 years, this is a first. She was in there a really long time, I kept asking, "Madelyne, you okay, we need to unlock the door." She came out as I was 'unlocking' the door with the skeleton key. Everything seemed fine, we went about our business.

A little later I needed to use the bathroom. Flushed afterwards and RUT ROW!!! Here it comes. And there's NO stopping it once it starts. Water POURING over the top of the toilet. To the tune of an INCH of standing water in the bathroom by the time I shut off the water valve on the toilet. At least an inch. Sopping up water with every towel, tissue, rag, blanket, anything I can find. Finally get the water sopped up, and go to get the plunger. Well, you have to know, I don't 'plunge.' It is not in my job description. So here I am, plungering away. Nothing. It doesn't loosen up whatever's plugged up in the commode. Doesn't drain. ARGH. :mad: So the toilet is 'broke' for the moment. At least for flushing purposes.

The good news? The water managed to STAY in the bathroom and not seep out into the other rooms and on the carpeting!

More good news? Can you stand any more? :)

I am taking tomorrow OFF! Let someone else deal with reality here!

billiecs
01-24-2002, 01:28 PM
My positive for the day:

Every month on the 24th my husband buys me roses to celebrate our anniversary (we were married 6/24/01 and he hasn't missed a month yet). Sometimes it is one or a dozen, some red or pink or white but they are always there and it always makes my day.

Gia
01-24-2002, 01:37 PM
My sweet hubby brought me home a dozen roses!!!! They are GORGEOUS!! Different colors even~what an Angel :D

jaybird
01-24-2002, 01:57 PM
My sweet hubby brought me home a dozen roses!!!! They are GORGEOUS!! Different colors even~what an Angel :D

Only because you're an angel!
(((((GIA)))))

Gia
01-24-2002, 02:03 PM

Only because you're an angel!
(((((GIA)))))

AWwwwwwwwww...you are too sweet...have I told you that I love you today {{Jaybird}} Cause I DO!!!!!! **MMUUAAHH**

FREEBFREEK2
01-24-2002, 02:25 PM
I am blessed because I am loved and can love back!

girlwithsoul
01-24-2002, 02:28 PM
Today my mom wrote me an email telling me to look to the future and this is what she said "You are moving into a larger, unique place with your beloved and your 2 wonderfully weird cats. You are in the final year of college and will have a degree before long. You have continued singing and seeking opportunities for yourself. You have a great job, close relationship with almost all of your family AND you have become an adult of substance and a delightful daughter." How sweet is that....I am thankful today that she has put into perspective a very tough situation. I love her

snowbound
01-24-2002, 03:05 PM
:eek: I'm grateful I'm not in Jaybirds shoes:D LoL.
No actually I'm glad I didn't burn down the house!
It's real cold out today (nothing unusual) but my old
bones needed more heat in the house so I was going to
start a fire in the woodstove and caught the flue on
fire. for those who don't have to deal with these things
thats the stovepipe. anyway it was a stupid mistake and
I had to play like a fireman. in 18 years thats the closest
I ever came to screwing up to the point of no return! LoL.
Jaybird I had the toilet thing happen more than once. It might be
something solid like a toy stuck in the trap. If thats the
case you will have to pull up the toilet and remove the
toy from the underside. oh what fun it is. once we (hey not
me!) you know that father person (he-he) anyways HE pulled out
3 matchbox cars. Next time it was a ninja turtle. (remember those)
they fit real good but have to be dismembered to be removed!
LOL! Sorry, this was meant to make you laugh not cry.
Good Luck!:D

jaybird
01-24-2002, 07:06 PM
I never have bad days. I don't allow them. But I have some VERY interesting ones, i.e., stew, toilet (just the past 2 days) It's been an 'interesting' week. But I got the mail this evening and had a card from my dot (Sarah) in it:

"You know that I love you and that you mean a lot to me,
But I don't tell you enough just how proud I am of you.
It takes a very special woman to be a truly good mother,
And I know there must have been times when I made things hard for you.
Today and every day I just want you to know
How much I appreciate all you've done and still do.
I thought I knew before, Mom,
But the more I learn of life,
The more I realize how wonderful you've been all along."
I love you,
Sarah

THAT is my good thing for the day. To be blessed with the perfect daughter. Makes my heart soar.

jaybird
01-25-2002, 01:22 PM
RAVEN>>>Girl you're getting all sorts of new goodies! And great news on your dot and her xloser! How's your son doing?

Good news for today:

FIRST & FOREMOST...I haven't had to clean up ONE mess on the floor anywhere today!

Sarah's coming home in a couple hours. WOOHOO! Just saw her last weekend, but still miss her! We're going out to dinner tonight for her b/day (was Wednesday) - Sarah & Rob, Brian & Chelle, my sis and her b/f, my mom, dahubby & I. TGIFridays. Will be a blast! But she has a wedding tomorrow at 1, and we have plans Sunday starting at noon, so I won't see much of her this weekend, just in passing!

And the place she's doing her internship is letting her off for 3 days to go skiing with her b/f. He's taking her to Colorado for 5 days. That's very good news for her!

And I have a $150 gc to The Face & Body Spa and I'm using it on a full body massage, a facial and a manicure/pedicure!

WOOHOO!

FREEBFREEK2
01-25-2002, 01:32 PM
I am so happy,we started the add-on to our house!YEAH!!!

Gia
01-25-2002, 02:50 PM
{{{{KellyA}}}} Is back online today!!!! Gosh I have missed you sweetie~

We are having a family night out tonight!!! I am soo glad to be getting out of this house tonight...I have been down and out for a few days now.... but not anymore!!!! :D :D :D

{{{{JAYBIRD}}}} love ya girl :D

girlwithsoul
01-25-2002, 03:25 PM
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

And the weather in H-Town is immpecible today...couldn't ask for better more beautiful skies!!

captorquewrench
01-25-2002, 03:28 PM
It IS rather luvverly outside today isn't it?

My glasses are in and the ins co is sending a check cos they overcharged me $170.

~SHINEY~
01-25-2002, 03:48 PM
:D my daughter let me try on...(and will maybe let me borrow...) her brand new patent leather pumps with a 5 inch heel...I LOVE SHOES!!!:D

DeeTee
01-25-2002, 08:02 PM
IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcw
01-25-2002, 10:35 PM
Went to dr. Found out I do not have to have surgery on my other vocal cord and after not being allowed to talk since my other surgery I am now allowed to talk again even if it doesn't sound to good.

Gia
01-26-2002, 05:33 PM
My Saturday Good thing is............{{{{KELLY}}}}} Called me today~~and {{{{{PoP}}}}} called me to.....in the wee hours of this saturday morning~haha!! :D ;) :D

jaybird
01-26-2002, 05:56 PM
Hmmm. Today was a GOOD day. Slept in, rolled out of bed around 8, sat and had coffee and LEISURELY read the paper for a change. Went and had a massage and facial and manicure. Sarah's b/f was in a wedding today, she looked really nice when she left, dahubby worked at his brother's on his new old boat til about 5, brought home a pizza and we're just chilling. Thinking about watching a movie later.

jaybird
01-26-2002, 06:12 PM
Nothing at all, not one word Raven. :(

Kas has her phone number, but Kaz is in NEW ZEALAND and she's just a little bit GEOGRAPHICALLY UNDESIRABLE when it comes to making a call to the US.

ANYONE else here have Flute's phone number, that's good enough friends with her to give her a shout and make sure they're all okay?

Gia
01-28-2002, 08:37 PM
My Monday something good~is.... Nothing but Freebies in the mail today....NO BILLS!!!! YEA!!!!! :D :D

Ladytiger
01-28-2002, 08:39 PM
My Monday good thing...I called off work and slept all day and kicked this &^% flu!

MOOSEdaddy
01-28-2002, 09:31 PM
My Monday something good~is.... Nothing but Freebies in the mail today....NO BILLS!!!! YEA!!!!! :D :D me too, gia~~ i got bounty napkins, a bank pen and pad, land o' lake coupons, some spices, and more coupons!! oh yeah, i got to talk to my BESTEST friend today for a long time, and i am glad!!:D :D

Gia
01-28-2002, 09:46 PM
me too, gia~~ i got bounty napkins, a bank pen and pad, land o' lake coupons, some spices, and more coupons!! oh yeah, i got to talk to my BESTEST friend today for a long time, and i am glad!!:D :D

Aint it great NOT getting bills for a day~lol!!! I am glad you got to talk to your best friend today~was it Tommy?? I hope he is doing better now!! WE ALWAYS miss eachother online......how is that?? Have a great night sweetie! Take care {{{{{{MOOSEdaddy}}}}}}:D

worldofdan
01-29-2002, 03:45 PM
Well, I have not read this thread before so I decided to do so. My good news is that the kids were very very good today and my hubby is home from Detroit and he sold 3 campers!! YEA!!

jaybird
01-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Tuesday's good news:

I've been up nearly 12 hours and haven't fudged on my 'cabbage soup diet.'

And I got my books into today's email that I bid on and won at Ebay, so lots of good reading later tonight!

And dahubby's on middle shifts all week, so no supper to cook, no nothing but "Janel time" every night this week!

LONG SOAK in the bathtub tonight!!!

jaybird
01-31-2002, 12:41 PM
Thursday's something good:

Sarah made it to Denver as of an hour and half ago!

And I'm on day 3 of the cabbage soup diet, NEVER hungry and I haven't butchered any loved ones (for lack of carbohydrates and caffeine)

ALTHOUGH I could bite the head off a rattlesnake right now!

All the snow and ice has missed St. Louis (good because of Sarah being on the road, bad because I REALLY need a good snowstorm)

nosamiam
02-04-2002, 06:43 PM
I thought this needed to be revived so...

my daughter usually cries for about 15 min once she is put to bed. But tonight she didn't cry at all. What a relief!!!

jaybird
02-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the bump k&m's m!

Monday's good thought:

Today's my LAST day on the cabbage soup diet and I've lost 6 pounds as of today, and it's my monthly cycle so I usually puff up a couple pounds then, looking at about 9 pounds total weight loss in a week by weigh in tomorrow morning. And I SURVIVED, only cheated one evening when I was queasy and ate a couple saltines. I was hoping for 5 pounds loss!

What else? Ah. I took my wedding rings in to have resized. When I broke my fingers in June the knuckle on my ring finger swelled, and never quite went back down. So I finally got around to getting them made 1/2 size bigger. Went to pick them up tonight and was looking around for something for Sarah's college graduation. She only wears silver/white gold and likes really unusual and unique designs. I found a white gold ring, with a band that looks braided almost, half brushed and half polished white gold. In the center is 4 small diamonds giving the illusion of a princess cut stone, 1/3 carat total, nothing big or gawdy, set on an angle like a diamond, not square. Sort of an antique setting. ANYWAY, the ring was $299.99. I didn't want to spend that much because we intend to give her cash also so I talked awhile, jewed awhile and got the jeweler down to $179.99. I bought that ring so blasted fast before he changed his mind!!!

So, afterwards (my mom was with me) damommy says, "You know, I have 2 rings that were your grandmother's, you can have them." 2 solataire diamonds, both set in very antique, platinum settings. THUD!! One has a broken shank, can be fixed for $60. NOW SHE TELLS ME!!! After I bought the other one!! Oh well, I'll save these two for something. If da son stays with dagirlfriend, he can have one, and Sarah can have the other...like when she has her first kid or something!

WHY didn't she tell me sooner!? I could probably take this ring back that I bought, but it was a very good deal and I do like it.

Hmmmm....maybe I'll keep dagramma's rings and wear it. :D :D :D

What else is good?

LIFE!

DeeTee
02-04-2002, 07:00 PM
My dreaded MRI was done today!

Wimzik
02-04-2002, 07:19 PM
My dh won a drawing at work and got 2 tickets to the olympics! they are for Sweden/Belaruse mens Ice Hockey. We never win anything so it was very cool!!!!:) :D

jaybird
02-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by DeeTee
My dreaded MRI was done today!

Any results yet?

jaybird
02-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SuperMellie
My dh won a drawing at work and got 2 tickets to the olympics! they are for Sweden/Belaruse mens Ice Hockey. We never win anything so it was very cool!!!!:) :D

THAT is way cool! Are you going to try to go or sell the tickets? My husband has a friend at work that goes whenever it's in the US. They have a blast!!!

Wimzik
02-04-2002, 09:15 PM

THAT is way cool! Are you going to try to go or sell the tickets? My husband has a friend at work that goes whenever it's in the US. They have a blast!!!

No, we aren't going, We figured if he won we would give them to someone that wanted to go, so my dh gave them to his cousin, she was really excited! she really wanted to go but couldn't afford tickets.

jaybird
02-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Excellent Raven!! That's great news.

angelinwaiting
09-28-2002, 05:31 PM
I found this while searching for something else and I think this is a great thread:D

Something good for me....Supper is cooked;)

reneep45
09-28-2002, 06:09 PM
i learned how to do picturetrail !!!!!!!!!!!! there is a pic of me
( not a good one ) on there so go see me , lol !!!!!,, just type in reneep45 ,, if you do ,, sign the guest book !!!!!! i'm excited bout it , like a little kid , never thought i could work the camera and do that kinda stuff !!!!!! Realy its thanks to someone here , they told me how, so thank you , !!!!!!!!!

DeeTee
09-28-2002, 07:07 PM
My adult daughter had not seen her daddy in 5 years (no problems, just circumstances) and she just spent the most awesome day with him. She is so happy it is hard to describe. When she's happy, I'm happy.
BTW, she is 2000 miles away from family due to domestic violence, but the visit with her daddy has made her sooooooooo glad!

jaybird
09-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Wow. I had almost forgotten about this thread. Thanks for the bump angel. I started this to get us all to think about the positive things that happen every day in our lives. Not the negative things that we could let eat at us. There's an entire forum here for b*tching and moaning, but nothing about the good things in our lives.

My Saturday good stuff:

I spent from 8am til nearly 7pm (with a time out to do a little garden and flowerbed work and to run to Sam's to buy last minute things) cooking and baking for my sister's wedding reception I'm giving her and 100 guests tomorrow. I'm exhausted to the marrow, but it was a great day. As much as I was dreading all the work, it went very smoothly. And I have a few 'surprises' up my sleeve as well. :D
(who MEEEEE?) And the kids got them Cardinal playoff tickets for game 1 & 2. Da son and da dot both had great days outdoors doing something with their respective others. Dahubby went to the Pevely Nationals (stock car races) and I am very happy listening to Incubus and multi-tasking on the computer.

So there you have it and there you are! ;)

Jolie Rouge
09-28-2002, 09:21 PM
POUNCE !!
:)
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
;)
POUNCE !!
:p
POUNCE !!
:cool:
POUNCE !!
:rolleyes:
POUNCE !!
:o
POUNCE !!

I get to surprise dabirdy ....

POUNCE !!
:)
POUNCE !!
POUNCE !!
;)
POUNCE !!
:p
POUNCE !!
:cool:
POUNCE !!
:rolleyes:
POUNCE !!
:o
POUNCE !!

jaybird
09-28-2002, 09:24 PM
~grabs Jolie in a headlock and 'noogies' her!~

How's things drying up down there sweetie? Pics on TV look terrible! Seems BR didn't get hit as badly as someplaces, thank heavens!

iceicebaby

Jolie Rouge
09-28-2002, 09:38 PM
How's things drying up down there sweetie? Pics on TV look terrible! Seems BR didn't get hit as badly as someplaces, thank heavens! No it wasn't bad here - we were on the westward side of the storm. We had a lot of wind & rain - lost some siding from the shed (neighbors brought it back the next day... :) ) and some branches from the pecan tree.

Now we are watching for Lily ... AGAIN.

LILY MOVING SLOWLY NORTHWESTWARD...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR JAMAICA.

AT 11 PM EDT...0300Z...THE GOVERNMENT OF CUBA HAS EXTENDED TROPICAL STORM WATCHES AND WARNING WESTWARD. A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE PROVINCES OF CAMAGUEY...LAS TUNAS...GRANMA... SANTIAGO DE CUBA...GUANTANAMO...AND HOLGUIN. A TROPICAL STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE PROVINCES OF MATANZAS...CIENFUEGOS...VILLA CLARA...SANCTI SPIRITUS AND CIEGO DE AVILA.

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR CAYMAN BRAC AND LITTLE CAYMAN.

AT 11 PM EDT...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM LILI WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 19.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 76.4 WEST OR ABOUT 105 MILES ...170 KM...SOUTHWEST OF GUANTANEMO BAY CUBA.

LILI IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 6 MPH... 9 KM/HR...AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS. ON THIS TRACK... THE CENTER WILL MOVE VERY NEAR SOUTHEASTERN CUBA ON SUNDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 45 MPH... 75 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SOME STRENGTHENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES ...110 KM...MAINLY NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER.

THE ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1000 MB...29.53 INCHES.

HEAVY RAINS MAY SPREAD ACROSS PORTIONS OF HISPANIOLA...JAMAICA AND EASTERN CUBA DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS. THESE RAINS COULD CAUSE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODING.

REPEATING THE 11 PM EDT POSITION...19.0 N... 76.4 W. MOVEMENT TOWARD...NORTHWEST NEAR 6 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS... 45 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB.

FORECASTER LAWRENCE

I am wiped out - nite !

barb11021
09-29-2002, 07:35 AM
Thanks for this thread.....makes you think about all the things we normally take for granted......life, family, health...
One of my thankfull things........my family of course....then there is my business..owning your own store is an exceptionally tiring thing...believe me, it has its good and bad points, but I am not broke....YET...lol....time will tell
But I am most thankfull for my loving family, and especially to my wonderful fiancee, who has, single-handedly, shown me that not all men are snakes, low-life leeches that just use and abuse you, and that after TWO failed marriages, has given me the courage to get married again, and the faith to know that he was sent by God, and this one will work......
"Anxiously awaiting May, 2003, when we will be joined together forever"
Thanks for letting me babble on.....

Yellow_Rose
11-23-2002, 07:05 PM
Came across this searching for something else,Thought I would say I am glad I have my family and friends!It doesnt have to be a material thing to make you happy!;)

sharinbo
11-23-2002, 07:10 PM
My mom and I are actually getting along tonight. We've had a rough time recently, but tonight we sat and talked for hours about all kinds of things. It's so nice to not be stressed out right now.:)

jaybird
11-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Most things that make a person truly and deep down happy Yellow Rose, AREN'T material things.

Today I am thankful for a beautiful fall day. For being able to spend time outside (even if it was washing windows & raking leaves)

I'm thankful that things are falling into place for Brian (my son) and Chelle to buy their new home.

I'm thankful that my husband FINALLY bought his new bass boat (he's been using the same boat for 27 years)

I'm thankful that Sarah is doing well in med school, and that her stress level has come down and seemingly levelled off.

I'm thankful for my family and my friends. And I'm mostly thankful that in most cases - I can't tell the difference! My family are friends and my friends are family.

Thanks for re-birthing this thread. I think now, particularly with the holidays coming up, it's important to stop and remember what is truly, sincerely important. What really counts.

Yellow_Rose
11-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Most things that make a person truly and deep down happy Yellow Rose, AREN'T material things.

Today I am thankful for a beautiful fall day. For being able to spend time outside (even if it was washing windows & raking leaves)

I'm thankful that things are falling into place for Brian (my son) and Chelle to buy their new home.

I'm thankful that my husband FINALLY bought his new bass boat (he's been using the same boat for 27 years)

I'm thankful that Sarah is doing well in med school, and that her stress level has come down and seemingly levelled off.

I'm thankful for my family and my friends. And I'm mostly thankful that in most cases - I can't tell the difference! My family are friends and my friends are family.

Thanks for re-birthing this thread. I think now, particularly with the holidays coming up, it's important to stop and remember what is truly, sincerely important. What really counts.
So true.........:D

jaybird
11-23-2002, 07:48 PM
That is very cool Raven!
((((( )))))

When ya coming to St. Louis? ;)

angelinwaiting
11-23-2002, 08:58 PM
I am glad to see this thread again;)

Today I am thankful for a georgous fall day we had today and we raked up leaves and I was able to jump right on in a big pile with my 2 boys...I felt like a kid again myself if only for a little while:p and my boys loved the good ole time we had;) :D :cool: :p

jaybird
11-23-2002, 09:19 PM
Right after you come to Memphis! :D
I've been to Memphis. Many times. You ever been to STL? :D

jaybird
11-23-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by angelinwaiting
I am glad to see this thread again;)

Today I am thankful for a georgous fall day we had today and we raked up leaves and I was able to jump right on in a big pile with my 2 boys...I felt like a kid again myself if only for a little while:p and my boys loved the good ole time we had;) :D :cool: :p

I LOVE raking leaves. Although I've done my entire yard 7 times already, and half the leaves are still on the pin oaks! There's nothing much better than a crisp, clear autumn day, huge piles of leaves...I jump in them too! STILL! I love to burn them too, the smell...

Ah. Life's simple pleasures!

angelinwaiting
11-24-2002, 08:26 PM

I LOVE raking leaves. Although I've done my entire yard 7 times already, and half the leaves are still on the pin oaks! There's nothing much better than a crisp, clear autumn day, huge piles of leaves...I jump in them too! STILL! I love to burn them too, the smell...

Ah. Life's simple pleasures!

I thought I was the only one who loved the smell of burning leaves:D We burned them today and I was out there til way after dark still piling up leaves while hubby and son cleaned his 1st deer he killed today:cool: He is still talking about it and hubby called all his friends to brag on him:D

flute
11-24-2002, 08:32 PM
i've been hungry all friggin day :)

Yellow_Rose
11-24-2002, 09:10 PM
Im glad I got to hear my son sing today!;) :o

jaybird
11-24-2002, 09:23 PM
I had 15 people here for dinner today. 4 of hubby's siblings and their spouses, my mother-in-law, my son & his girlfriend, and Sarah & 2 of her friends. Worked my butt off all day yesterday and half of today, but we had a terrific time.

bears984
11-24-2002, 11:09 PM
I got to see my son that I have not got to see in two years and got to spend 3 hours with him the whole family got to see him it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He told us that he loves and misses us I cant wait he will be comming home soon!!!!!!!!

Widgetsx3
11-25-2002, 12:26 PM
My Mom is coming out for my birthday next week. It has been too long since I have seen her.

captorquewrench
11-25-2002, 01:35 PM
the snake did not bite me this morning!

we have a move date to the new office set!

flute
11-25-2002, 01:37 PM
I've completed all of my observation hours :) and all my LERs :)

jaybird
11-26-2002, 03:56 PM
Today, Tuesday, November 26th.

I'm blessed with 3 families. My blood family, my friends who are as much family as my biological ones, and my family here at BBS.
((((( )))))

Gia
11-26-2002, 04:02 PM
I am thankful for THE most awesome set of In-Laws in the WORLD!:p

flute
11-26-2002, 04:48 PM
I got my plumbing fixed today. only good thing about today.

Widgetsx3
11-26-2002, 04:50 PM
We have a roof over our head and food in the fridge.

Yellow_Rose
11-26-2002, 05:04 PM
I gave the neighbors a turkey,because they didnt have one!

moocher
11-26-2002, 06:16 PM
I am thankful that I have a new job to learn and that everyone there is really nice! (&patient!) I am thankful to have this wonderful group of people all across this country that I can come and let my hair down with!! BBS is just great!

Angelbabym
11-26-2002, 07:10 PM
i finally finished cleaning:p

jaybird
11-26-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Yellow_Rose
I gave the neighbors a turkey,because they didnt have one!
RAOK! Good for you!!!!!!!!!

angelinwaiting
11-26-2002, 09:02 PM
My husband has been the absolute best today and I am VERY thankful for that;)

jaybird
11-26-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by angelinwaiting
My husband has been the absolute best today and I am VERY thankful for that;)
TODAY? Is that the operative word? ;) :D

Angelbabym
11-26-2002, 09:15 PM
i love my sissy no matter what kind of mess she makes for me to clean up:rolleyes: :p

babystar0729
11-26-2002, 09:39 PM
I am thankfull for the days I got to spend with my dear daughter in heaven. Every single one of them will be forever in my heart, as my most precious memory.

I am thankful for the beautiful son I have. This little guy has filled my heart with a love I never thought could exist. For every smile, tear laugh he gives me, for the funny things he does and says, and for just being here with me!!!

I love my children more than anything in the world!

Widgetsx3
11-27-2002, 09:00 AM
I am Thankful that I have a much needed 4 day weekend....and that Black Friday is almost upon us. My favorite shopping day of the year (Yes I am nuts...the Doctor said so...hehehehe)

newwiccan
11-27-2002, 09:07 AM
I am thankful that my Grandpa isn't in any more pain and is with my Grandma again even though I miss him so much.

I'm also thankful for my 4 year old terror of a son for all the laughs and hugs he has given me this week.:) I really needed them.

Gia
11-27-2002, 10:06 AM
I was really down and out again today as soon as I got out of bed~:( my FIL is STILL in the hospital (a week now) and my family has been VERY sick with a stomach virus (our two boys, dahubby and Me)all at the same time~then my MIL called to tell me that her best friend (55yrs old) had a massive heart attack this a/m and had to be Med~flighted to Huntsville hospital while her husband is here in Athens Limestone Hospital with major breathing problems from a severe panic attack~I said all that to say this~
I AM so thankful that I DID wake up this morning~and also very thankful for my two sons' (who are feeling MUCH better) who woke me up at 7:15 this morning :rolleyes: ;) ! Life really is a gift and it passes by all to quickly~I need to be more mindful of that fact EVERY single day that I am blessed enough to roll out of bed~have a wonderful day everyone~and tell those you love how you feel because you never know when today will be your last :o

Bizkitman
11-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Hey Gena, I hope everything goes ok there:)
We all just went through the same stomach virus...I was the last one to catch it...Everybody got well enough to enjoy a great Thanksgiving Dinner prepared by Kelly.

We are so thankful that we got our heater fixed just in time for some really cold weather and of course that we are relatively healthy at this time!!!!!:)

jaybird
11-29-2002, 07:37 PM
Thanksgiving was wonderful, my mom, my sister & her husband, both kids and their significant others. Small group, great time. A little tooooooo great of time for awhile! :D 5 bottles of wine later...

Today was beautiful, 65 degrees. Fiddled around outside. Just a good past couple days all around.

Jolie Rouge
11-29-2002, 07:41 PM
POUNCE !

Angelbabym
11-29-2002, 09:30 PM
i mopped and cleaned the kitchen:D

Bizkitman
12-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Today was great!!! We officially finished our Christmas shopping and survived the trips to the Malls....:cool:

babystar0729
12-01-2002, 11:12 PM
I have been spending a lot of time with my mom :)
and my son is a funny boy. I LOOOVE him!

Yellow_Rose
12-02-2002, 08:33 AM
My son is feeling alot better today!;)

Gia
12-02-2002, 09:45 AM
:) My FIL is out of the hospital (FINALLY) and actually having a pain free day so far~:)

jaybird
12-02-2002, 08:50 PM
I survived a 4 day weekend! Barely!

Gia
12-02-2002, 09:11 PM
:) My FIL is out of the hospital (FINALLY) and actually having a pain free day so far~:)

:( :( Spoke to soon~:( :( FIL is so very much in pain~ended up going back to the hospital but on a brighter note~~I received a surprise from {{{Jaybird}}} in the mail today~:) :p Thanks so much MamaJ~I love you~~;)

flute
12-03-2002, 08:35 AM
{{{{{{{Paula}}}}}}}}}

<------hasn't killed Michael today ;)

Gia
12-03-2002, 08:54 AM
I've lost four pounds, my blood pressure is down a little and my daughter called me today.

{{{{{{{{{Gia}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{Paula}}}}~been thinking about you sweetie~Love ya :)

This Morning BOTH my boys woke up in a good mood :eek: :p :)

Jolie Rouge
12-03-2002, 10:35 AM
*Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug* *Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug* *Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*H ug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**H ug**Hug**
Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**H ug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug**Hug*

newwiccan
12-03-2002, 11:08 AM
I made it through another day with a smile on my face.

angelinwaiting
12-03-2002, 11:27 AM
My 12 year old son asked me this morning if there was anything he could do to help me before he went to school:eek: I told him that just him offering meant soooooo much:D Thanx a lot to my son, {{{{{Lil David}}}}}}}Love you sweetie;)