PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tags found in Vietnam... free search

Char
01-08-2002, 06:54 PM
:( They are still collecting "dog tags" in Vietnam.... so, if you know anyone who was in Vietnam, living or family of deceased, check out this site, or send it along to others, their tags just might have been found ! http://www.founddogtags.com/

DeeTee
01-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the post. I did not know that something like this existed. Being 54 years old, it is pretty relevant to me and my friends.

Char
01-08-2002, 07:14 PM
;) Hey, wouldn't it be great if all of these dog tags made it "home", I am sure they would mean so much to so many...

Sha
01-08-2002, 09:46 PM
I sent the link to my father who is a Vietnam Vet, he was part of the 52nd Airborne. I am sure he will see some names that may be familiar. What a great site. Thank you for sharing that with us.

veritas01
01-09-2002, 07:16 AM
On one of the tv magazines a few months ago they did a story on someone going to Vietnam based on a loved one's dog tag being found. As I recall the person wanted to see where their dad or husband, I forget which, had perished. During the course of the story they mentioned that there is a flourishing industry in fake dog tags. The person in the story, the tag she had was legit thank god. I am sure that plenty of real ones must exist there ... but tourists buy them and supply and demand rule and welcome to capitalism. Peace.

Slickvitt
01-09-2002, 08:19 AM
for there is links and such to others by the names of ones found ( a Virginia Reps link for example)and photos of one man who confirmed the tags were his.
but i do agree about the buyer beware thing.but this one is legit for they have a newpaper story on the one in here who has his tags returned and several other news stories.

asickchick
01-09-2002, 10:08 AM
Thanx..I'll be sure to pass this site on for our town is full of vets!!

Char
01-09-2002, 09:56 PM
;) Yes, this site is safe, not a scam... ;)

mandybragg
01-09-2002, 10:04 PM
this is cool, i liked seeing that soem of them are being returned to the person who lost them because they are still alive.

Char
12-29-2002, 02:13 AM
:p I had to hunt this down and check a couple of names, soooo, I figured I would just bumpster it up !

FreeIs4Me
12-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Just bumping!
A few months ago I remember reading an article about a couple who went there on vacation or something. While they were there, they found a street vendor selling Dogtags. This couple bought the whole lot & when they returned home are trying to find the rightful owners &/or their families to return them!!

ilvscooby
12-29-2002, 03:09 PM
http://www.snopes.com/military/dogtags.htm