PDA

View Full Version : Real Ghost Stories

justbeachy
01-03-2002, 01:09 PM
Come on guys.... Clear the cobwebs from your heads, it's time for more true ghost stories. I want to hear them all, the scarier the better. I'll go first:

I work in a very old post office building on the third floor. Lots of time, I am the only one up here and I hear footsteps walking up and down the hallways and when I go to see who it is- no one is there. I work right next to the stairs so the only way to come up or go down is right beside me. This building used to be an old court house and they used to hang people somewhere around here so maybe that's what it is.

Who's next?

cole70
01-03-2002, 01:46 PM
I used to work in a really old building in downtown Chicago. In the basement was a small room were we used to store old files and there was a door that lead to a tunnel that was believed to have been used by Al Capone. When I first started working there I was asked to take a box down to this room. When I reached the stairway I found my self unable to go down the stairs-I cant explain it, I just felt really frightned and it was icy cold. Luckily they were cool about it. They had someone else take the box down. She came up screaming and said that it felt like someone was watching her and she swears someone or something brushed up against her. A few days later the boss heard us talking about this and he told us that the previous owner of the building told him that there was a man who used to come to work drunk and he would go downstairs to sleep it off. They had not seen him for a few days(apparently he lived alone). Someone went downstairs and found the door to the tunnel was open slightly and he looked in and found this guy-apparently he had a heart attack and died there. This kinda creeped us out. The door to the tunnel was always open slightly even though they would close and lock the door. And I used to work late and always would hear a moaning coming from this area. I worked there 8 years and I always got creeped out around the back stairs.

justbeachy
01-03-2002, 02:34 PM
That's crazy. I want more stories.

Okay, I've got another one for you. My mom & I moved into a house that used to belong to my uncle. My mom worked nights and I would wait tables, come home lock all exterior doors, chek the windows make sure they were locked, lock my bedroom door and then go to bed. The house is way out in the country so when it gets dark, it's dark. You get the picture. Anyway, one night, I went through my ritual off checking the house and went to bed about 1:30. I had turned off the light and lay there for about 5 minutes when my cat started growling. Down in his throat the way cats do and then right beside my head I heard a voice say "Jessica, Look at me." I was so scared, you could not have pried my eyes open with a crow bar. I laid there frozen under the covers until my mom got home the next morning. I have always seen things out of the ordinary but that's the first time they have spoken to me.

justbeachy
01-04-2002, 11:21 AM
Somebody, Please humor me..... I'm in the mood to be scared!!! Anyone? Hello, out there.

Willow
01-04-2002, 11:41 AM
This really isn't that scary but it's a true story. A few years ago my two kids and I had moved in with my oldest brother and his family for a month while we were waiting for our new apartment to be finished. Anyhow one day I was watching tv in the living room and I heard someone walking across the floor upstairs. The only ones home at the time where me and the kids but the kids were playing outside in the screen room. When my brother and sister in law came home that night I told them what I heard and explained to them that the kids weren't in the house so I knew it wasn't them. My sister in law looked at my brother and then at me and said "oh that's our ghost". I guess they hear foot steps too. *LOL* When my niece was about 8 or 9 she used to wake up a lot during the night and tell her parents that some man was looking in the window at her. When she was about 15 she was looking through a photo album and she said to her mother "that's the man that I saw looking at me through my window". The man in the picture was my brothers father who died when he was 12. That was weird. *LOL*

captorquewrench
01-04-2002, 11:43 AM
All right. I've told about the mysterious lights, but I haven't told this.

When I was 10 my father was shot, someone did it in self defense, I don't blame this person, it's better this way. I was a witness to it.

it was december when he died. The following spring we were finishing building the house. The back wings weren't finished, so i was in what is now the front of the house. Picture a squared up C shape, and that's the house. Like three trailers forming a square missing a side.

It was a clear sunny afternoon and I'm looking out the back window over the slabs for the new sections of the house. I looked back into the wooded area where he was shot. I have no idea wha tI was looking for or at. i was 11 and that was sadly, a long long time ago. LOL.

Anyway, just like a camera fade in, I saw him walking. he faded in from invisible, looked very sold, and faded back out.

Creepy enough as is, but he stopped when he became fully real looking, turned, and LOOKED AT ME. CHILLING expression!!!!

Now, I got away from that window fast and locked all the doors and ran upstairs. Damn I hated being alone then, and sometimes still do!

A few days later, i was watching tv, and overheard my mom and a friend of hers discussing each seeing the same thing.

Mom never knew I heard this.

Christmas 2 years ago I asked her if anything odd had ever happened. YOu know, the standard paranormal investigator questions ;)

She would come home to find furniture moved with no trakcs in the deep pile carpet and all doors/windows still locked.

Cold spots upstairs. Classic textbook stuff.

Speaking of upstairs.......going up there creeps us all out. it is used as storage now. Run up, grab, run down.

I don't know about the others. But this is why i get freaked out up there.

After my sis had moved out, one night it was just me & mom at home. i liked theupstairs since it was away from her room. She keeps the TV loud due to hearing loss, and I liked the quiet place to read. Upstairs, until now, was cool.

i was laying on my futon reading. Nothing creepy, freaky, bizarre, weird, or scary. Probably Melville or Hawthorne at this time cos I did an independent school study on this literature.

I stopped reading, and hopped out on the roof for a smoke. i kept hearing noises, distant, moaning, whispering coming from *that* area, but distant-sounding. I got a case of the heebie jeebies and decided to go back in.

So I laid back down and picked up my book.....

Then suddenly, not like drifitng off......it became cold, I couldn't see, and I became paralyzed. i felt like someone was on me, choking me and slapping me. And I smelled that damn English leather we bought as kids for Dad every Christmas. i sitll hate that stuff!

As abruptly as it started, it ended. warmth returned and I could again move and see. it felt like an eternity, but i estimate about 15 min had passed.

I had bruises and red marks that I had to wear long sleeved turtleneck shirts and long pants to cover. Heavy makeup.

I spent the night in my bro's room that night.

When he came back home I asked if we could share a room, that I didn't want to be upstairs anymore. I was 15, and he was 11, butno questions were asked. he said "sure."

never got to talk to him. He's "level-headed" and avoids thinking about the supernatural.

i just know, something bad is upstairs. Sleeping, perhaps, but still there. And I'm not waking it up.

justbeachy
01-04-2002, 11:57 AM
oooh Capt & Autumn, those are good stories.

I remember seeing my first ghost. I was in third grade and had spent the night at a friends house. We were sleeping in the living room in sleeping bags, late that night (her dad worked nights and left at 11:00PM) and i woke up because there was a noise in the hallway. When I looked up, there was an old man shuffling down the hall. The next morning, I asked her who he was and I remember her saying that was grandpa, he had been visiting occasionly since he had died 3 months earlier.

DreamWarrior
01-04-2002, 12:15 PM
WOW capt! That sounds spooky as he!! but I do know how you feel... when I lived with my FIL... he had this house that was built on an old slave plantation... well every once in awhile you could feel another presence in the house. It wasnt evil or anything .. you just knew that it was there...

I remember once that I was sleeping on the couch in the living room, and I felt someone staring at me. Well I woke up, looked up at the staircase, and saw this little boy staring at me through the rungs on the banister.He had this EVIL grin on his face.. needless to say I covered up my head and pretended taht I never saw it. I barely slept a wink the rest of the night.

Oh man there are SO many more stories that I could go into here.. but I would end up scaring the heebie jeebies outa myself.. LOL

I am VERY sensitive to the paranormal and well.. lets just say that I have seen, heard, and felt WAYYYYY more than I ever want to remember!!!

justbeachy
01-04-2002, 12:26 PM
DreamWarrior, Capt, I want to hear more. The paranormal has lways fascinated me. All women on my mothers side, have a sixth sense. My mom knows everything you do, and has an uncanny ability to predict upcoming preganancies and I remember her aunt could sense things about the future. I myself, has always felt, heard or seen things, usually right out of the corner of my eye. Other than that, I'm relatively normal. LOL Oh yeah, I can sense auroa's (sp) too.

paull51878
01-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Justbeachy:

I Love reading about ghosts and such, as a mater of fact I have 2 websites that I go to at least 2 times a day to read the true stories posted, here thay are if you would like to take a look
Have fun!!

www.castleofspirits.com
www.theshadowlands.net

Enjoy!

captorquewrench
01-04-2002, 01:40 PM
paull51878 has just listed two of my all-time favorite sites!

beergoddess_bud
01-04-2002, 02:02 PM
OK heres one of mine. Awhile back my hubby and I were watching this really weird movie. The whole thing was pretty dumb but at the very end it was pretty intense. We both had our eyes guled to the screen and all of a sudden a penny flew across the room and landed at my feet. I kid you not. It came right up off the top of the TV it didnt bounce or roll,just landed by my foot. Ok so that same night after we all we in bed I hear my daughter crying (she was 2 at the time) so I go in her room and talk to her. She says "that man that man" I told her there wasnt a man anywhere and to go back to sleep. Well 10 minutes later shes crying again. This time it was "that man downstairs" I told her there is no man downstairs and she says "no i dont want to go down with that man." ANd shes pointing to her closet. SO I take her and sleep on the couch. For about 3 hours she was talking to some man. Telling him no no I dont want to go with you. Leave me alone. Things likt that. Really weird right. Well the next night my so (he was 4 at the time) is taking a bath. My hubby is in the bathroom with him, I was in the basement. He was playing and all of a sudden he just stops and looks up. Then he says"dad whos that man?" Hubby says there isnt anyone there. Son says yeah he was just right there floating in the hallway. Ok so it was then that I said look whoever you are get out of my house and dont come back!! Nothing since.

I have more but will wait to post.

DreamWarrior
01-04-2002, 02:07 PM
WHOA!!!!! thats weird!!!!!!I got chills from that one!!!!!!

another great site is www.artbell.com

dont know how much of it is real .. but some of it scares the bejesus outa me!!!

paull51878
01-04-2002, 02:21 PM
captorquewrench,

Those are my 2 favorite as well!! Some real good stuff there, im there for hours each day, I can say On each site, I have read about 99% of each. I love em!! I look forward to each months new additions :)

Have a great day :)

PaUL

justbeachy
01-04-2002, 02:24 PM
beergoddess, that would totally freak me out too. My son (6yr) used to speak to people who weren't there. One day recently, he says to me, why is there a black fog in front of the fridge. I looked and said, there isn't a fog in the kitchen. He goes back with me and looks and says yes there is and it's moving this way. Boy, I lit out of the house (w/my son ofcourse) like it was on fire. LOL

They say children are especially perseptive to the unknown.

shell76
01-04-2002, 02:24 PM
I subscribe to the About Paranormal Phenomena newsletter

http://paranormal.about.com

They have stories, news articles, pics, mysterious sound or voice recordings, etc... I love it!

They have a forum where you can ask paranormal questions, but I really prefer this forum! :)
But if you have any really ODD questions (as a LOT of people on there do, then you can ask them there).
What is great about the forum is that EVERYONE is welcome! They have a big forum for us die-hard believers in the supernatural, and a seperate forum for religious thoughts on the subject. That way, it kinda keeps the difference of opinions out of the posts.

I really love the Paranormal News http://paranormal.about.com/library/blnews.htm
My personal fave story was the report of an amazing photo in a Kansas newspaper in April of 2000. I don't know if anyone heard about this, but there was a devestating tornado in Parsons, Kansas and the town was just nearly destroyed. They were cleaning up the rubble, amazed that the worst injury was a broken leg, when their local paper printed a picture from the carnival they were having the night the tornado struck. The carnival was destroyed just minutes after the carnival- goers fled from the scene. Here is the pic:

http://www.kcstar.com/photos/data/26Parso.jpg

Most of the people in the town swear that it is Jesus in the pic watching over them, protecting them. They say that a miracle happened in Parsons that day.
Here is a link to that article:
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/home.pat,local/37746b81.425,.html

Kinda weird, huh?

shell76
01-04-2002, 03:58 PM
So, does anyone have any unexplained photos? I'd love to see some!
I have one that is my absolute fave strange pic. This is my son and his StepDaddy. Although, my husband doesn't believe in all the paranormal stuff, he LOVES this pic! I don't have a scanner, so I took a pic of the pic with my digital camera. So, it isn't the best quality but it shows what I am talking about....

http://firmins.com/samandbrylee.jpg

Tell me what you think.....

captorquewrench
01-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Im headed home for the weekend. this should be incentive to fire up ye old scanner. LAST oct I took some pics in galveston and a couple came back....odd!

Plus, gotta get the kids up on the web!!!

beergoddess_bud
01-04-2002, 04:05 PM
Yeah it scared me too! But it wasnt the first time my sone has done stuff like that. When he was 15 months old him and my best friends dog would sit in our hall way and stare at the attic. Just sit and stare for ever. It was weird. We moved out of that house because I would wake up and have this feeling that my son was hurt or dead. He was fine but thats when I started letting him sleep with me. I was never so glad to get out of that house.

We never had anything happen here until the stuff I posted earlier happened. It makes me feel really icky!

shell76
01-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Okay. Can you guys see the pic now?

beergoddess_bud
01-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah I can see the pics now. The one in Parsons is really cool. I live in KS and I remember when that happened. The one of your family is really bizare!

Willow
01-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DreamWarrior
WHOA!!!!! thats weird!!!!!!I got chills from that one!!!!!!

another great site is www.artbell.com

dont know how much of it is real .. but some of it scares the bejesus outa me!!!

Art Bell also has a nightly radio show. You can find out more information at the web site.

fruitloop31576
01-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Not sure if this goes here but it's REALLY strange!!

I was about 13 or so and I went to spend the night with my best friend.We were sitting on the couch watching tv and she starts flipping out!She is running thru the house screaming he's coming!He's gonna get me!I start yelling WHO!? She said her dad.She is locking the doors and windows and shutting the heater vents and i'm starting to freak out too!She goes in her room and her eyes roll back in her head and she starts talking in some indian language(she's cherokee indian I think)So,I run 1/2 mile to get her grandma and she tells me to run back and get on top of her and hold her down that she's coming down there too.She tells me to put a wooden spoon in her mouth so she dosen't bite her tongue off.
Her grandma get's down there and starts reading to her from the bible and she knocks me off her and she starts hissing and starts ripping the bible to shreads!Spitting and hitting and all that freaky stuff.
Her mom comes home and they put her in the car and take me home.They said they had to drive 80 miles to get some kind of root to make her stop.(this is at 3:00 in the morning too)
I later found out that her dad was a witch doctor for his tribe and was killed and he was coming back to possess her so she would practice what he done.
I would have NEVER beleived it until I seen it with my own 2 eyes!
TOTALLY FREAKY!!:eek:

Syrinx
01-04-2002, 09:14 PM
If I had a scanner for my computer, there's a great picture I would post. When I was in Ireland, a friend and I were visiting an old castle and were walking around the grounds and saw a circle of stones with a sign next to it that said "Druidic Circle." We found this very amusing, and each took a photo of it. When I got my film developed a few days later, the picture of that circle had these weird clouds of mist in it. I thought there was a problem with my camera, or a developing problem, until I saw my friend's pictures, and hers was exactly the same. Both rolls of film, every other picture was fine, and it had been a clear day, but the ones of the stone circle both had clouds of mist- inside the circle only. I don't know what it was, but I love telling people this and challenging them to come up with a rational explanation.

I also have a ghost story, when I was in high school I worked for the local historical society giving tours of the museum buildings, one of which was an old house that was rumored to be haunted. I am convinced it was, because while I never saw anything, I frequently felt like I was being watched when I was alone in a room. My routine was to leave my tour group looking at the front parlours while I went down the hall to the dining room to put up the blinds (they were kept down between tours to protect the furniture from the sunlight). I'd have my back to the doorway and I'd get that prickle on the back of my neck like someone was watching me. The first time it happened, I thought it was one of the people from my tour, but when I turned around and no one was there, I realized that the floor creaked too much for anyone to have walked up without me hearing anyway. I felt the presence even more in the upstairs, I'd be facing everyone else and yet I'd feel like there was someone standing right behind me. I never felt threatened or anything, I always sensed curiousity or maybe just interest, and it really didn't scare me. But one of the other girls I worked with absolutely refused to go into the upstairs of that house- and she swore that she didn't believe in ghosts!

justbeachy
01-07-2002, 07:09 AM
Wow Shell, that picture is totally bizarre. You took it at night, right? I watched the Sixth Sense again last night. Your picture is similar to the pictures in that movie.

Syrinx, I feel like someone is behind me alot. Especially here at work. I am going to have to more research on this post office. Supposedly, this island is full of paranormal activity, some good, but alot of bad too. Amelia Island used to be the personal playground of certain pirates. Also, there is a fort near my house that has ghost sightings too.

Fruitloop, that is one of scariest things I have ever heard.
I would have totally freaked out.

Capt, please scan some pictures. I love everything about the unexplained. I don't know why but it all fascinates me. UFO's, cupacopra, loch ness, ghosts all of it.

DreamWarrior
01-07-2002, 07:57 AM
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/3/13/49/28731349pffOeMnJnh_ph.jpg

(hope this works)

This one gave me chills.. PLMK if it works or not :)

justbeachy
01-07-2002, 08:27 AM
Dreamwarrior,

Is this your personal picture? Kinda crazy.

DreamWarrior
01-07-2002, 11:14 AM
ha ha ... no ... I nabbed this from the Art Bell website a LONG time ago... I was going to link it from THERE but I couldnt find it again on the site.. (good thing I saved it to my HD :))

I don't know if its real or not, but I know that when I saw it I got chills.. BIG TIME!!!!!!

shell76
01-07-2002, 01:42 PM
Wow Shell, that picture is totally bizarre. You took it at night, right? I watched the Sixth Sense again last night. Your picture is similar to the pictures in that movie.

Yes, it was taken at night. All of the other pics came out just fine. We took some others of me and my daughter in that exact spot, and they were normal. I remember when we first went and picked up the pics, it just blew me away. It looks so heavenly....the pic above doesn't quite capture how cool it is when you are holding it in your hand. I love that picture.

I've got a few tales, but I'm busy with my babies right now, so I'll have to post later.

Anyone ever have a strange experience with a ouija board?

justbeachy
01-07-2002, 02:32 PM
me! me! me!

In high school, a friend and I used to use one in her car. She had an old station wagon and we would go park at one of the old cementarys(SP?) here and use it in the back to try to contact people. The radio started to change to oldies stations by it self and then it got to the point where the engine would die when we drove past graveyards where we had used it. We would literally coast past them and then the engine would start up no problem.

The scariest thing that ever happened to me in that car was this:

One night we had planned on going to the all night fair in Jacksonville. We had stopped at my friends house before we left and my friends (2) got out and went inside. I volunteered to stay in the car so we wouldn't have to turn off the engine. I was sitting there in the dark in the middle of the country, when suddenly the engine started revving. I'm talking race cars start your engines revving! and the doors locked (manual locks)and I couldn't get out. It seemed like forever, probably a minute when the doors finally released and I ran in the house like a mad woman. They were screaming what the he!! were you doing? I don't know if they believed me or not but i was sitting there minding my own business when it started happening. I was waiting for the dawn thing to shift into drive and take off. I was totally freaking out. The experience left me with shaky knees! LOL! We never messed with the Ouija board after that night.

crystel_rose
01-07-2002, 03:01 PM
This still freaks me out!! When I was in elementary school, We lived in a really old house with my aunt and uncle. We lived upstairs and were always trying to find our christmas, birthday presents so we were digging through my parents closet when we climbed way back and found a half door with a padlock. We ran down and got our parents(having to explain why we were in their closet). When they pried the lock off of the dor, my dad and uncle crawled in to see what was there. Inside were chains hooked to the wall, someones belongings and a diary. The diary told about a young girl whi had spina bifida and so her parents chained her in this room at all times until she died because they had been a rich, prosperous family and they believed she was an embarrasment to the family and the disease was a curse!! Things in the house were always being moved around and noises heard, but we'd never thought anything of it until then. We moved out immediatly. The scariest part is that my aunt was pregnant and my cousin was born with spina bifida and other complications!! I get the chills even thinking about it now!

DreamWarrior
01-07-2002, 03:12 PM
OMG!!!!!!! How could someone do that to a child????? Thats HORRIBLE!!!!!

I remember once that my ex and I were messing w/a ouija in our apt, and well... we got ahold of this really NASTY character.. not quite sure who it was.. but anyway.. the small plastic piece in the middle part of the planchette (pointer) popped out of the center! I screamed at the top of my lungs, and my ex SLAMMED his hand back down on the planchette and put the plastic piece back in. Shortly after that we burned our board and havent touched one since.

shell76
01-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Okay, anyone else have the "double take" thing? You know, when you see something weird out of the corner of your eye and you do a "double take" and its gone? Just wondering if anyone has any clues or stories about stuff like that. I saw something very strange a few weeks ago, glanced back after it registered in my brain and it was gone. But I would swear that it was there!

missymommy
01-07-2002, 05:58 PM
I have one that I thought was scary.

When I was about 14 I started babysitting for the family that owned the town haunted house. Rumor was that with three different families that lived there the youngest person in the families each hung themselves with no explanation in the same room on the same night different years of course. It was Halloween night. I always said pooh hooey. But when I was asked to babysit on Halloween it took me a while to say yes. I had put the babies down to sleep and went down stairs to watch t.v. when I thought I heard someone talking upstairs. I was guessing that is was the radio alarm or something. I went up stairs and the baby was up cooing and laughing and looking at something or someone. It really freaked me out so I took the kids downstairs and was a wreck the rest of the night. The people who owned the house said they didn't know about there being three different people but they lived there as children and the baby sister did hang herself. In the room in question. The children I was watching would have been her nieces. I never babysat for them again.

shell76
01-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Okay here is a story:

My Aunt married a man(I'll call him Fred, my aunt doesn't like to talk about this, so I'll keep them anonymous) that had been a friend of the family for many years. He was a great guy, loved by all, very calm mild-mannered, just sweet! They had a great marriage. They were really happy. They had a beautiful baby boy and all was well.

One day, they decide they want to get a house instead of living in an apartment because they wanted a yard for their growing son to play in. They find the perfect house, very close to my grandmother's(her mother's) house. The rent is really low, and there is a big fenced in yard.

Shortly after they move in, they began to have problems. Fred began drinking and started to let himself go. Everyone in the family noticed that things were changing for them, but everyone also minded their own business and didn't butt in.

Their son started waking up crying in the middle of the night. My Aunt would go check on him and he would say that he was scared of the man that kept walking through his room. My Aunt figured he was just having nightmares and soothed him back to sleep. This happened almost every night.

Fred became more and more hostile toward my Aunt and their son, until one night he threatened to kill them both. He beat up my Aunt and left the room. She went into her son's room, gathered him up and ran to her mother's house black and blue and in tears. No one could believe that Fred had done this to her. He had never been violent, but we all figured that it was the heavy drinking that caused it.

My Aunt refused to go back to the house even though she had left all of her belongings there and refused to see him. About two weeks later, Fred was found dead in their home from what was ruled a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

After the funeral, the landlord goes to my Aunt and says that he can't believe this happened AGAIN! Apparently, the last three men that lived in the house had committed suicide. She was in shock and wanted to know why he hadn't told them that before they rented the house. He said that if he went around telling everyone about that, that he would never be able to rent the house out!

My Mother, my Grandmother, and I took my Aunt to the house to gather her belongings. We all went in and it was just awful. There was just a horrible sensation that hit you the minute you walked in. I'm not sure if my Aunt felt it or not, but I know that we did. We all wanted to go back outside, and my Aunt said that she would be fine in there alone, so we went back to the car. We were sitting there talking about the terrible feeling that we had got when we went in, and my grandmother was looking at the house and got all quiet. My Mom asked her if she was alright, and she said in this horrified voice "Look in the window!" And we looked and there was my Uncle Fred staring out the window! We were scared to death. My Mom laid on the horn, til my Aunt came outside, but Fred's spirit(?) had already disappeared.

Shortly after this happened, another family moved into the house, and it burned down, luckily no one was injured. They were cleaning up the rubble, and underneath the house they found two very old grave markers. I don't know if someone had stolen them and put them there or if there were people buried there, but either way it didn't look good.

They have since began construction on a new highway over the land where the house was. Personally, I am a bit wary of driving over it.

gonnaluvit
01-07-2002, 08:07 PM
they say that young children and animals have a kind of sixth sense

my sil's mom and dad used to run this bar here in town and they have a picture that was taken of sil's dad at the bar and sil's dad is standing behind the bar making dranks and someone took a picture of him and there is this like foggy figure sitting on the bar right beside him it is to wierd you cant really tell if it is a man or women but you can see it but it is just sittin there like hey I wanna be in the picture too lol

ok now my story lol the house we just moved out of was a really old old house and I always heard things and my cat used to get freaked out in the kitchen and bath room all the time he used to sit in the bath room on the toliet seat while I took a bath lol n e ways one day I was taking a bath and my kitty was right there with me lol n e ways I was just about done taking a bath and he started to growl like there was another cat around or something and he stood up and his hair was raised up and he was looking at the door to the bath room and I looked at him and was like what the heck and looked at the door and there was nothnig there and he makes this like scream noise and bolts out of the bathroom and that happend like 4 or 5 times in the year we lived there and one night hubby went to bed and our computer was in our bedroom and I was on the computer and all the lights were off and like 5 or 6 minutes after hubby went to bed the living room light came on and I was like omg someones in my house lol and I woke hubby up and told him someones in the house and he was like what and I told him the light just came on and we went in to check and there was noone in the house but the light switch was in the on position and I flipped the switch to turn it off but it didnt go off it stayed on so I flipped it on and then off and it still didnt go off it finally went off by itself after like 3 minutes but I was so scared lol and there was another time that the back door just flew open and it was shut and locked and hubby told me it probably wasnt shut all the way when we came home but I know it was shut cuz I am always checkin to make sure stuff is off or the door is shut and locked and I know it was shut all the way I stll cant tell you why it flew open like that and it wasnt even windy outside it was calm but let me tell you I am glad to be out of that house lol

Bubbleslove
01-07-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by shell76
Okay, anyone else have the "double take" thing? You know, when you see something weird out of the corner of your eye and you do a "double take" and its gone?
OMG! That has been happening to me CONSTANTLY in my trailer! When my husband came home I told him about it and told him to watch for it (it's always in our bedroom door, which is down a long hallway from our livingroom, which is where I see it) he says he doesn't see it, but every once in a while I notice him kind of jumping while we are watching TV.

Here is my ghost story... When I lived in my first appt I would get up early to take my roommate to work and do my homework. At first I just heard noises like someone was pacing around the appt. I thought it was just well, appt. noises. It eventually got louder and louder, and FASTER. I started getting really really creeped out by it, so I started listening to the radio while I did my work. I was really into the Beatles at the time, and EVERY TIME a George Harrison song came on my CD player would skip! I checked my CDs for scratches, nothing. They worked when other people were in the appt... I just started skipping over George Harrison songs :D
Over time water started running in the kitchen, doors started opening, dishes would break in the dishwasher, stuff would be moved, and things would fall off tables and shelves. All this happened when I wasn't looking of course. :rolleyes: I started thinking I was crazy LOL Then one day I was sitting on the couch doing my homework and I heard a funny sound coming from the bathroom, I looked that way, and suddenly the smoke alarm that was screwed into the ceiling flew into my room mate's door, kind of down and slanted! It hit hard enough to knock her door open and leave a dent.
I talked to her about it that night and she said she thought she was going crazy too!!! After we talked about it we were more comfortable talking to the ghost out loud LOL. We would tell it to stop it, and it would USUALLY listen :D:D:D:D:D:D

captorquewrench
01-07-2002, 10:15 PM
OK, we had quite a weekend.....but if you go to picturetrail.com and select captorquewrench to view, look at my weirdstuff album.. now i f i could just find the rest of those pics......

justbeachy
01-08-2002, 07:53 AM
wow capt, those are some very interesting pictures. I was looking at the ones at castleofspirits yesterday and they are very similar. I think I may have to get my camera out and start taking some pictures.

These stories are great, guys. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I don't think I've ever experienced a evil spirit but I have had many sightings since I was a little girl. Anybody ever experienced angels?

My mom used to live out in the middle of nowhere near a family cementary. She and her boyfriend used to make out near the cementary. Gross, I know. Anyway, one night they parked and started kissing, when suddenly they heard the most beautiful harp music. She said it was coming from all around them. It was everywhere. They looked everywhere trying to find the source but it sounded the same. You know what I mean, It wasn't getting louder or more faint no matter where they looked. Finally, it just stopped. She said she wasn't afraid the entire time but instead was filled with peace. Maybe Angels?

I have another story, I'll post later.

shell76
01-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Here is another one:

A few years ago a family member was murdered. We traveled to be with our family, and spent alot of time at his house(he lived with his parents). I spent the night there, and the house seemed so creepy that I had a really hard time sleeping. The television would shut off at exactly the same time every day. No one could figure out why, it was an older set, not one with a timer on it or anything. Anyways that really creeped me out. My Mom was in the kitchen doing something and I heard her talking to someone in there. I stepped in and there was no one in there with her, and she was looking around with a frightened look on her face. I asked her who she was talking to, and she said, "Someone just tapped me on the shoulder! They must have left the room before you came in." I was sitting outside the kitchen and no one came in or out before I did. I told her that, and she said, "I don't know but I "felt" someone behind me and then they tapped me on the shoulder. I said something to them but when I turned around they weren't here....I was hoping that they had sneaked out of the kitchen...." Later I was in the kitchen and felt something rub up against my leg, I figured it was the cat and bent down to pet it, but there was no cat around.

Not too scary, but it freaked me out!

justbeachy
01-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Okay, I said that all the women on my mother's side have some kind of sixth sense. Anyway, when my grandmother was a little girl, they lived waaaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere. Her father was a shrimper and would leave her, her sister and brother alone for weeks at a time to tend the house. One night, she heard a knock at the door, she opened it, thinking it was someone she knew because of the location of the house. Middle of the country on the river, etc. There stood a beautiful woman bathed in moonlight. Almost immediately, my great aunt slammed the door, afraid because the woman was a stranger. My grandmother immediately reopened the door because she knew exactly who it was. It was her mother who had died of influenza when her sister was an infant. But the woman was gone.

captorquewrench
01-08-2002, 03:41 PM
justbeachy.........the best places to start out taking pics is of coure, local cemeteries, and places associated with any local legends.

girlwithsoul
01-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Well my most recent ghost encounter was last night. I was in my apartment alone watching TV when suddenly my crystal candle holder flew off of the TV stand straight at me and landed by my feet. There was an incense holder sitting right next to it, touching it and it never moved. This kind of stuff happens all the time there. My candles get blown out and immediately knocked over (which sometimes sucks because the wax gets everywhere) or lights will just go out but they aren't burned out. It's weird but never harmful.

captorquewrench
01-08-2002, 04:01 PM
i am jonesing to get some infrared & emf stuff in girlwithsouls apt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

set up a motion sensored camera if you can.

take some stills around the area when this happens anyway!

girlwithsoul
01-08-2002, 04:05 PM
I will do that.....I need to pick up some Poloroid film so I can have instant gratification LOL. I doubt anything will happen again for a few days....that's how it seems to work. I haven't taken any pictures in my apartment since I've been there so this could be interesting.

shell76
01-09-2002, 01:36 PM
Okay I just found this at ghoststudy.com.....creepy!!!!

http://ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct01/door0111.jpg

http://ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct01/door0112.jpg

By the way, has anyone heard anything about The Mothman Prophecies? I heard the movie was based on actual events?

DreamWarrior
01-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Oh man ... that pic is BAAAAAAAADDDDDDD news!!!! I dont know why.. I just feel that there is something that I shouldnt be seeing... I saw the close up and my eyes would NOT focus on it.. I got REALLLLLLLLY bad chills and cant stop shaking....

shell76
01-09-2002, 01:46 PM
I know! The figure looks like its coming out of the pic almost! They have a lot of creepy pics on that site, but this one just got to me!

justbeachy
01-09-2002, 01:48 PM
There are a bunch of pictures at www.castleofspirits.com (http://castleofspirits.com) that are very interesting if not down right scary. Check it out guys.

captorquewrench
01-09-2002, 01:51 PM
now I forgot to mention something on taking pics.

if you are at a cemetery or reputedly haunted location, IT SOUNDS CRAZY, but ask aloud for permission to take the pic. Some ghosts like to have their pic taken, some don't. Just like people!

I usually say, something like I know you are here, I am asking for permission to take your picture. I do not want to actually see you now, or any signs that you are here, but I would like to take your photo and know that you are here.

justbeachy
01-09-2002, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the advice, Capt. The last thing I need is one of those suckers hitching a ride home with me. LOL.

shell76
01-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Okay I have a question....it may be a stupid one.....how well do digital cameras work at capturing ghosts and things?

justbeachy
01-10-2002, 11:20 AM
Shell, I'm no expert but from what I've seen on parnormal websites, digital cameras work real well at capturing spookies. I'm sure Capt knows best though. Caaaaapt? Whoooooooooo! Whooooooooo! Where are you?

captorquewrench
01-10-2002, 11:21 AM
many invesitgators use digital cameras now. beware, have extra batteries. batteries on cameras, emf detectors, flashlights, have a tendency to get drained immediately on paranormal investigations. nothing like being in a dark scary place with creepy noises & lights and having your camera, flashlight, and 2 way radio poop out all with fresh batteries in them! Most paranormal peeps surmise that entities use the electrical energy.

Some very serious paranormal researchers do not like digital cameras because without negatives, there is no real way of studying a photo for authenticity, and sometimes electronic gadgets just get loopy and you may be getting a camera quirk, and not orbs, vortices, whatever. without negatives it's hard to tell.

But lots of investigators I know use them, and a reg 35mm, on the same investigation to see if anomalies show up on both sets of pics, a comparison kind of thing.

I have seen some images that are quite convincing taken with digital cameras.

In summation, unless you are doing MAJOR research that will come under close scrutiny, digital cameras are fine, despite the debate over them, is what I think.

Sara156
01-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Here's MY OPINION: I don't believe that there are such things as ghosts. If there really is any "supernatural" stuff going it is merely demonic activity. They only like for people to think they are ghosts (departed human souls). How do I know this? Because in Luke 16 we learn that when a person departs from this life he goes either to hell or paradise, and that is where he stays. A great gulf prevents spirits from leaving their eternal state. And by the way, true Christians need not fear any demons. The only one a Christian is told to fear is God.

As I later stated, I'm not looking to start a fight. Just posting my opinion. I find your ghost stories quite interesting.

shell76
01-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Please don't get this thread closed! I really enjoy talking about this stuff! I am a Christian, and I believe in ghosts and other supernatural and extra-terrestrial things. I do not fear God for God is Love. Just my opinion....

Now back to the ghost stories! Anybody ready to tell some creepy stories?:D

Sara156
01-10-2002, 12:10 PM
I wasn't trying to start a fight. I was just posting my opinion. I love reading your ghost stories! :)

captorquewrench
01-10-2002, 12:20 PM
ok sara before I saw this one that you liked our stories, I got a lil defensive in my "haunted" thread.

Sara156
01-10-2002, 12:25 PM
Goodness gracious. I've got everyone jumping on my back now. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Is that enough? Am I forgiven now? LOL

captorquewrench- You forgive me, don't ya?

captorquewrench
01-10-2002, 12:26 PM
no harm no foul!

beergoddess_bud
01-10-2002, 01:12 PM
I also heard that that movie was based on actual events. Im gonna do some research about it cause I really want to see it!

DreamWarrior
01-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Here's another WEIRD one from www.ghoststudy.com

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct01/upside1.jpg

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct01/upside2.jpg

This one gave me chills too :eek:

shell76
01-10-2002, 04:38 PM
CREEPY, CREEPY, CREEPY!!!!!!

http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/mothman/

Here is a site with detailed history of the events that inspired the movie.....

Found this on another site:

"On November 15, 1966, four individuals – two married couples – were at what was essentially a lovers lane in Point Pleasant, West Virginia," explains Coleman, who has been researching so-called "Fortean Phenomena" (from Charles Fort) since 1960. "These two couples saw two giant red eyes, and it very much scared them...they didn't know what to make of it."

This, then, was the first reported sighting of the "Mothman," which Coleman goes on to say "was described as 6-to-7 feet tall with red eyes and no head, as if the eyes were in the breast area, and with huge wings." The creature "came toward them. They took off and the creature followed them right up to the city limits of Point Pleasant." The incident was reported to the local sheriff, who went to the lovers lane and "searches around, sees a puff of smoke in a nearby area from possibly this creature taking off and landing again."

While Coleman reports that the account was "ridiculed in the local press," something very strange began to happen: "More and more people started seeing this creature. For the next thirteen months, over 200 individuals had some interaction with some strange phenomena – and about a hundred of those said they actually saw Mothman."

And why that bizarre name – Mothman? Apparently, it was the work of "some copyeditor at the local newspaper. At the time, the Batman series was on TV, so they didn't want to call it 'Batman,' but it did have wings, so the copyeditor called it 'Mothman.' We have no other information than that – I've been trying to track that copyeditor down for twenty years."

But the creepy events in Point Pleasant during 1966-67 weren't limited to appearances of the Mothman. "There were [also] mutilated dogs, UFO sightings, and other things going on," says Coleman. And that's where John Keel, a longtime friend of Coleman's and author of the book The Mothman Prophecies, came in.

"About a month after [the initial sightings], John Keel got an assignment to go there as a news reporter," explains Coleman. "He sort of showed up, had a very low kind of profile; John was on a contract to write a book about UFOs."

As Keel began to talk to people and gather information, the journalist found himself getting more deeply involved in the events, to the extent that "There were entities that communicated with John by phone." Coleman explains that as Keel analyzed the events, he found Point Pleasant to be "a vortex of phenomena, and couldn't really tell one from the other. It was a scary situation for John."

Whatever one thinks of the validity of Keel's claims, there's no arguing the horror of what happened next. Keel had begun to be given "prophecies" by the entities he was dealing with in Point Pleasant, one in particular that said that "when President Johnson turned on the Christmas lights at the White House, the whole northeast was going to go into a blackout." However, by that point, Coleman says that Keel had "started to get fooled by the phenomena.

"On December 15, John Keel is in his apartment in Manhattan," Coleman continues. "[Waiting for the blackout] with his bottled water and his batteries, and nothing happens. About six minutes later, on the TV set across the bottom: 'Bridge collapses across Ohio River.' And he just freaks out."

Keel "freaked out" because the bridge in question was the Silver Bridge, which crossed the Ohio River between Gallipolis, Ohio, and – you guessed it – Point Pleasant, West Virginia. "67 people fell into the river. 46 died. They found 44 bodies," says Coleman. "Several people who died were related to witnesses of Mothman."

The collapse of the Silver Bridge has been seen as the climax of Keel's Mothman experience, but Coleman is quick to say "I don't think it stopped. What I think is that it has continued on but people did not report it. It never got to the fever pitch of, say, a Roswell."

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/316677p1.html

Jcowgirl77
01-10-2002, 08:54 PM
Dreamwarrior that picture is freaky
I Have a few ghost stories because where I lived In pa
there were lots of mines under our homes and alot of people died there
Well when I was about 11 maybe 12 I stayed the night at my next door neighbors house casswell we were asleep down in the basement and I woke up to a strange noise and there was a guy standing looking over us he stood there for a few seconds then slowly step backwards and fading inot the wall
that was very creepy

MySonNick1
01-12-2002, 03:21 AM
I have a couple of true ghost stories, don't know if anyone wants to hear them or not, but if you do let me know.

Sara156
01-12-2002, 03:33 AM
No offense to anyone here, but do you guys know that people can doctor pictures to make them look like something is there that's not?
I'm not saying that that's what happened. I'm saying that that's what might have happened. :)

PEACHY
01-12-2002, 04:04 AM
everyone knows iam a movie buff!!lol,,but heres one for you all to investigate!,,ever watch three men and a baby???,well theres a scene in the movie where the camera catches a scene of a boy (look to be 10 to 12 years of age) looking through the living room window towards tom sellack and the other actors,well the movie makers later seen the this boy in the scene and couldnt figure it out because there was no boy on the set or even near them when they filmed this shot in the movie,, i forget now exactly what all tom sellack had said in a interview he did a long time ago when asked who was the boy looking through the window in that scene,,but did say they had no idea who it was and that they had not seen any boy on the set,so then rumors got started that it was a ghost,,you have to watch real close to see him as the camera was turning all through the living room and setting on tom sellack scene,,when i first watched it and had finally seen the boy looking through the window,,i paused my v c r so i could get a better look at it,, boy did i get chills,,so crab the movie up and check it out,,i have lots of different (some what) ghosts stories but i could go on for days!! hee!! but thought i would tell this story so everyone can investigate it,,you well get the same creepy feeling i got when i seen it too i bet,,

ok i found this website with info and pic about this scene,,this webpage claim that the figure that is in the scene is a prop but i dont see no hat or bowtie ,,as one friend pointed out as well

thought i would put link here so those that dont have the movie can see what iam talking about,,tell me what you guys think?????

http://home.earthlink.net/~danheffner/3men.html

oh and you might get a pop up window to download,,just click cancel and page well load anyway

MySonNick1
01-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Well, the house that I live in right now is haunted, when we bought it, the woman's DH told us that she had had a heart attack in the livingroom area. About 3 years ago, I was walking from the kitchen to the living room and I just happend to look down the hall, and I could have sworn that I saw my DH, but he swears he was in the bedroom the whole time and never came out, and I do believe him. I really thought it was him and I wasn't scared, but once I found out it wasn't him, I was a little spooked. The ghost has never tried to harm any of us though, I think she just wants us to know she is here.

MySonNick1
01-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Here's another thing that has happened to me in this house. This one day, we were all eating dinner in the living room, and I went back in the kitchen to get something, and there was a plate of food sitting on the stove top. None of us had put it there, and I was the last one to get my dinner, and when I left the kitchen there was no plate of food anywhere, but when I went back, there it was. I know ghosts don't eat but I believe she is the one who put it there.

When you take a shower here, sometimes you feel like someone is in the bathroom with you watching you, but when you look, no one's there.

MySonNick1
01-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Here are some more things that have happened to me here:

My mom once saw a woman standing in a bedroom doorway here, Se said the woman was wearing a red dress, It looked like it was like a velvety material (sp?).

This one night I was sleeping and I was awakened by the sound of someone like rearranging the furniture in the bedroom, I was a little scared to look, but when the noise finally stopped I looked and everything was in the same place, nothing was moved.

This one time, my mom was lecturing someone in her bedroom with the door shut, and about half way into the lecture, you could hear someone or something knocking on something.

Every once in a while you will see something out of the corner of your eye, but when you look nothing is there.

My mom once had this boyfriend who was pretty much abusive, The ghost hated him, when he was around is when she really let herself be known. This one time he called us from somewhere else, but right before he called, the lamp by the phone started turning itself on and off. It was like she was warning us that he was going to call. The lamp turned off then back on and as soon as it turned back on the phone rang.

Our house burned down, and we were renting this one house, while ours got fixed. One time the same guy was sleeping on the couch in the living room, (my mom, me, my sister and my brother) were all sleeping in the bedrooms down the hall, that night he woke us all up, he was scared to death. He said that he was awaken by something, It was holding him down on the couch, he couldn't move, and it wouldn't let him get up. It was talking to him in some weird language, that he couldn't understand (maybe some kind of demon, or possibly the devil), well, he finally got up and tried to get down the hall, but something wouldn't even let him set foot in the hall (i'm thinking it was possibly an angel or something.)

MySonNick1
01-13-2002, 02:57 PM
You should tell your stories on here Kai...I love reading these stories. Anybody else have any to tell?

shell76
03-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey what happened to the scary stories?

MySonNick1
03-04-2002, 12:50 PM
I think I'm what they call a thread killer.

nosamiam
03-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Oh I am running out of this thread!!!!

I might be back later with my own stories once I get a hold of myself!!!

sadie01
03-04-2002, 03:16 PM
I got a scary story to tell ya.................

JUSTBEACHY :eek: :D
He,he,he!!!! Havent seen you all day.....but im on the look out.

Sorry, no ghost stories here...I can sometimes predict things, but other than that nothing to share. Sorry....But if you want to hear my predictions, ill tell ya :)

captorquewrench
03-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Investigation of an undisclosed location that has since burned....

Used to be a nunnery for the nuns who worked at a nearby hospital....

White apparition of a nun in white habit. Creaked floorboards as it glided down the hall.

manifestations of metal objects, namely pennies.....

Electrical malfunctions on previously working equipment that worked everywhere else but there.

Fresh batteries drained.

captorquewrench
03-04-2002, 03:53 PM
Right after my second daughter was born....we were living in a rented trailer. one night my husband was asleep in the living room because the baby and I were sick. I was in our bedroom sleeping with baby.

I had to get up and drive the porcelain bus. I must have woke up the baby......she was crying but I couldn't get to her.

I heard footsteps thumping thru the kitchen.....

And I heard someone soothing the baby. Sounded like a woman but I thought I was nuts and assumed it was dahubby.

When I got out........baby was sleeping.

I went out to talk to hubby thinking he was awake.......but he was snoring.

The only other person in the house was a 2 yr old kid who wouldnt have had footsteps or a voice like that.

Who got the baby back to sleep??????

I hated that house.....

Electrical probs all the time.

We were in the LR watching TV. No one was in the kitchen or laundry room near the breaker box.

Then we heard it...breaker switches.......CLICK CLICK CLICK all of them.......all down the length of the house the power went out.....and then flicked back on......go figure!

Also there would be "pockets" of scents. Usually cigar smoke. Step back, it was gone.....Step forward, it was there. Then it would disappear. No on in my house smoke cigars.

Courtney would always talk about a big black monkey in her closet with red eyes when we lived there......

sadie01
03-04-2002, 03:54 PM
Hi-ya Captor!!!! :D I just wanted to give you a......
{{{{{{(((((( HUG ))))))}}}}}} coz of the story you told about the attic and your dad. I'm not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight :eek:

captorquewrench
03-04-2002, 03:56 PM
One night I was on the couch. Kids outside. Dahubby in the "library." Woozle running rampant.

I thought Frank was under the couch and wanted to play couch monster or something. I felt three "thumps" from inside the couch. So I thumped back thinking it was ferretfun. but it seemed too smart for Frankenferret. It thumped 3 times. not like from under the couch. but like from right under my cushions. So I thumped. It thumped back.......back & forth......

Wellllll

here comes ferret bounding down hallway....while I feel THUMPTHUMP THUMP from inside the couch

A couple of days later it was me & the woozle......We were playing dryer cave. he'd get in the dryer and Id pop the door open and he'd jump out at me....bear with me, the crazy things we do for our furry family members.....hehehe

From the back of the dryer, not the vent hose........came those three thumps again.

We went back and forth for a few minutes till Frank decided he'd rather play Mr Mean Sock.

Go figure.

captorquewrench
03-04-2002, 04:07 PM
(((((((((sadie)))))))))

think of me when things go BUMP in the night....!!!!

ooooo speaking of BUMP in the night my bday present came early.....big & purple, I named it BARNEY!!!!!!

nosamiam
03-04-2002, 04:24 PM
Okay here are mine...

Let's see where should I start?

This isn't really a ghost story but proves the conection we have with our loved ones.

When I was 11 my Mother and I were playing bingo at the local VFW. Toward the end of the night my Mother and I stared getting really crabby and mean toward eachother. We decided it was time to go home. As soon as my Mother put the key in the door the phone rang. I knew immediatly that it was about my Grandmother. I knew she had passed away! I ran to my room and began to cry. My Mom got off the phone and told me it was my Aunt who wanted to let us know my Mamaw had just passed away. I was the youngest grandaughter and I loved her with all my heart! My cousin had the same feeling before she found out!! Our Grandmother has even visit some family members in their dreams. For instance my cousin frequently has dreams with Mamaw in them telling her about life and how to be a good woman! (kinda funny we think) She even visited my Father (Mamaw was his Mother). He was in a bar and was talking to a woman and all of a sudden the woman turned in to my Granmother. We think she was trying to tell him to slow is a$$ down!

Okay I am getting to my scary stories now.

My Daughter who was about 3 or 4 at the time and I were at my Dad's house. It was early in the morning and DD and I were the only ones in the house. DD says who said that? And I was like said what? She didn't tell me what she heard but I know she heard someone. My Dad lives on a dead end road in the country and no one was outside. That night while we were sleeping I was awaken by the sound of the porch swing chains. I wasn't windy that night, at least I don't think so! I didn't think much about it till later that week when my Dad and I were sitting on the porch swing and my Dad told me you know who's swing this was? And I had never thought about it before but since he asked it dawned on me that it was my Grandmother's swing! I didn't recognize it cuz it had been painted pink and use too be red. ( Don't ask me why my Dad had a pink swing :P ) My Grandmother use to sleep on this swing at night cuz the house got to warm. We really associated this swing with my Grandmother. Well I came to the conclusion that my Grandmother had visited us.

Okay here's another...

My best friend's Grandfather would still be hangin around his house after his death. Her Grandmother would be doing dishes and see his hat go by like he had just walked past the window. Later that year her Grandmother died and her Mother moved into the house. In her Grandparents dressing room you could always feel a present and it was always freezing. It could be like 90 degrees outside and no air conditioning on in the house and that room would be freezing!

That same house was totally haunted any way! It was built over an old train station and at night you could hear muffled voices and scuffled feet.

I have more but I have to go! I will be back!

Okay one more...

When my Step-Father died I went to help my mom out for a couple of weeks. My two Step-Brothers and one of their wives was there also. Well it was me and my SIL at the house. We were in the living room when out of the corner of my eye I saw a mist go by. I new it was him! It totaly freaked me out! I said to my SIL did you see that. And she says yes and it didn't even faze her. She then goes on to tell me that she has this six sense thing. She can't even go near a cemetary with out getting a headache from hearing all the voices.

I think that is it.

mjh341
03-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Okay...I have a scarey story for you if you are still interested...
There are a LOT of people in my family who have the sixth sense. Even though I don't remember my Nanny being that strong, several family members tell me she was. I have always been able to feel other presences, know when something bad was going to happen, and see and smell death. don't mean death as a person or some type of being, but in the person who was going to pass away's eyes, and I smell carnations before some one dies if I am not in the room with them. I really, really hate carnations.
Anyway,after my Nanny passed away my Dad was the strongest person with the"gift". He had visitors of the supernatural kind all my life when I was a child. I NEVER slept alone, or in the dark. When I was 15 years old the visitors started coming to me. There was an indian with the saddest eyes I have ever seen, a little girl about 5 or 6 who looked to be dressed in the clothing of the Great Depression Era, rail thin and literally straving to death, and of course Nanny. When the little girl would appear the electronic toys like Simon, Blip, and my brothers football game would come on. At 15 I would scream bloody murder for my Daddy. The minute he entered the room, they would leave and he wouldn't see or sense them. He would try his best to reasure me they wouldn't harm me and maybe I should ask them what they wanted or needed. My reply was no freakin way. A lot of time I would just grab my sleeping bag and sllep in the floor of my parents room. My parents would eventually talk me back into sleeping in my room. My Dad took the batteries out of Simon, Blip, the football game and ever other electronic game in the room. That very night the little girl was back and evey single game in the room started playing. I could feel the electricity in the room, it was freezing cold(it was the middle of July in Georgia) and the hairs on my arms and legs were literally standing up. Daddy asked her "What in the name of Heaven, she wanted" and she began to cry and walked away. The indian was not as blatant and was bad to sneak up behind me and poke me or blow on my neck. The indian didn't like my Daddy and I refused to speak with him. My Nanny I really couldn't see as much as I could sense and hear. When I was 5 years old she gave me one of those jewelry boxes that when you opened it it would play music box dancer and tha ballerina would spin around. I would always know my Nanny was here because I would feel an incredible warmth and love and hear music box dancer.
In 1995 y daughter became critically ill with heart failure. when she would have to have a procedure done that would hurt or scare her, she would scream and cry for Nanny and end up talking to her. She told us many details about Nanny she couldn't know. Nanny died in 1977 and my daughter was born in 1992.

My latest scare was about a year ago in November. My brother called me on the cell and aske dme to meet him at Nannys grave.(I never go to graveyards, I am always afraid some one will follow me home and want to chat.)My brother sounded so desperate I agreed to meet him. Nanny is buriied in a cemetary at the church she grew up in(I also grew up in this church) that is really out in the country.I had my son with me and was driving my Daddys truck because my car had stopped ruuning the day before. Somehow my Daddy knows where we are going and calls me on the cell. He tells me to go home and I refuse. I had the overwhelming feeling my brother really really needed me. I try to drive on and the truck stops. I look down at the instrument panel for lights, find none on and start the truck up again. I look up and I am lost. I totally have no clue where I am at. It totally blew me away because I had been going to this church all my life. I knew everyway in or out. Now my Mom calls me on the cell. My son is hysterical and my Mom is on the verge saying where are you at and I say I don't now. I hear Daddy in the backgroung saying pull over to the side of the road an lock my doors and wait on him, he will find me. I knew instantly this was wrong. Very wrong. So itell Mom I will be fine and will find them. It turns out I am just a 1/2 a mile from them, on the very same road as the church. Why I was confused and didn't know where I was I don't know. I get to the church and the truck dies. I step out of the truck and sense and smell evil. It seemed to be everywhere, in front of me, beside me, around me. My brother said Nanny wanted to talk to him would I walk to her grave with him. I did. At the grave he kept asking me do you hear that? I heard nothing. He says take my hand. I take his hand and my world tilts. My grandparents tombstone changes from gray to bllod red. I hear something, like an animal growling and walking steady circles around us and know my Nanny is very, very sad. The growling starts to inch closer to us and I feel like some one reaches n and squeezes my lungs flat. I can't get any air in. I know I am falling but can do nothing to stop myself. My Mom screams for my do. I tell him to get me as far away from there as he can. There seems to be a force feild around me and all Kevin can touch is one hand. He grabs my hand and drags me towards my Dad. My Mom and son are screaming about my grandparents headstone bleeding and I feel like my lungs are going to burst. Nanny is crying and telling me to leave. The growling comes closer and I swear I can feel the breath on my forearm. I close my eyes fearing what I might see. And I know you are going to think I am joking or stole this from a movie...but when my Da gets close to me, he reaches out and touches me and POOF! Everything stops. daddy leans down and tells me Nanny said to tell me she loves me and to go home. I get my son in the truck and get myself home as soon as I can. I come home and tell hubby who naturally doesn't believe me. My son and I go to get back in the truck to go to the grocery store(I am craving normalicy at this point)and we found 7 new peenies all heads up in the middle of the truck seat. It gave me a feeling how complete calm. Anyway that's my story.

solai58
03-04-2002, 06:02 PM
that is scary!!:eek:

cutie76
06-14-2002, 07:52 PM
Ok well I have one....Last weekend my nieces wanted to go to my MILs house to get the ouija board so i took them over there to get. We come back home and start messing with it...it was me, my two nieces my friend Jen, her boyfriend Jay and my daughter Dakota...being that I didnt believe in this stuff we played with it with my 5 year old daughter with us. Now I know we were very wrong do that with her there. Anyway..we talked to a few people and then this guy named Zac came through...so we started talking to him. We asked him how old he was and he said 20 and he died in 1910 he said his mama shot him because she was crazy. After the first time of talking to him every time we got on it it was always him. I have to say that before Jay played with it with us he left cause it freaked him out and he went next door he later told us that he prayed before he came back in to my house. From the beginning Zac didnt like Jay and wouldnt talk to him or answer questions he had he would just keep saying NO. He liked me and my niece Brittany the best and eventually would only talk to us. This last monday night me and Jen and my daughter Dakota went to go take my friend Tab home when we got back my two nieces said there is something in your house and i asked them why they said that and they said that the phone rang while we gone and they answered someone asked for Vanessa and they told them it was a wrong #. They went back into the living room and Brittany said Zac if you are here make something fall....they said my speaker phone came on and #s started dialing and they got up and turned the speaker phone back off. So Brittany and I get on the ouija board and we ask Zac are you here and before we even had the question out he had already said yes...so my other niece Jody said ask him who dialed the phone so i did and he said I did. she said why and he said to home....she said who is Vanessa and he said mama. Anyway then Jen got on there with Brittany and he told them to go into another room and they asked which room and he said a dark room so we went into my room and my closet light and my bathroom light was on so i tured my closet light off and cracked my bathroom door about 5 inches we all sat down and when they put their hands back on the ouija board my bathroom door opened a little and then shut real fast. The next day I got home from school and Jen told me that they had gone into my daughter Arizonas room to change her diaper and she pointed at the window and said who is that stared to back away from the window. Earlier today I turned off the lamp in my computer room and went to my room to go to the bathroom when I came back the lamp was back on and I asked Jen if she turned it back on and she said no and I asked if Arizona did and she said no that Arizona was in the living room with her the whole time. I dont know what to make of all this but to be honest I am pretty scared!!

mesue
06-15-2002, 01:48 AM
OK I have one too, The first time I saw Mrs D was the day she died she was cutting wood after washing clothes all day in the winter wind, and when we came back up the hill from going to the store a few miles away she was standing at the wood block with an axe determinedly cutting wood, her curly strawberry blonde hair was peeping out from under her wool hat, my dad tooted the horn and we waved, we didn't know Mrs. D but my Dad always spoke and waved to all the neighbors, she gave us a cold stare in return, I think she thought my Dad was flirting being that my Mom wasn't with us. We got home and my Dad was telling my Mom all about it, how that poor woman was working out in the cold and he thought he had hurt her feelings somehow by waving at her. About an hour later we heard sirens as an ambulance went by and so my Dad drove up the road to check on my grandmother who lived near Mrs. D.. As it turned out Mrs. D. had died of pneumonia right after the ambulance got there. It came about that the welfare hired my grandmother to watch the kids while Mr. D worked. There were three girls and a baby boy. Mr.D. was not a good person and he ate out at an expensive restaurant after work and brought home a pound of butter and a loaf of bread once or twice a week and fussed at the girls over how much they ate. My grandmother took food from her home to feed the children and reported him to the social services. He also stayed out later and later which forced my grandmother to watch the kids much longer than she was supposed to. About 6 months after Mrs. D.s death, my mother had to work late so she told me and my brother to get off the school bus at my grandmothers house, we ended up staying at this man's house waiting with our grandmother for him to get home. One of the girls went to a friends house and was supposed to come back in thirty minutes, my grandmother sent the next oldest to get her, and then the oldest, it ended up it was just me, my brother and my grandmother and the baby there. I was about thirteen and daydreaming about the boy I had a crush on, I was standing in the bedroom brushing my hair, looking in the mirror, the sun was barely shining as it was almost dusk, and I was looking in the mirror and saw Mrs. D.'s reflection right beside my own. She was dressed in a pink gown and her strawberry blonde hair was fixed like she had just walked out of the best beauty parlor in town. She was staring at me with the same cold glare she had given us before. Her reflection seemed to be glowing. She seemed to be looking at my reflection. I was sure this wasn't real, it had to be the sun shining on a picture that was reflected in the mirror, but if what I was seeing was real she was standing right beside me, convinced that I was seeing things I turned toward where she should be and screamed bloody murder as she turned toward me, we were face to face only about a foot of space separated us. I ran into the rooom where my grandmother and the baby was and made my brother stay with me and her though he wanted to investigate. I was petrified sure she was going to come floating in the room after me. The kids and the rotten father came in soon after and I never went in that house again. The kids thanks to my grandmother reporting the father to social services ended up being raised by their maternal grandmother. Later I asked someone who attended the funeral what color dress Mrs. D. was buried in and they said a pink dress.

MsLynn
06-15-2002, 07:55 AM
i know i posted my stories on here, but dadgumit they aren't here now, if anyone wants to read my ghost stories and I have a couple angel stories too, my kids are really in tune to this kind of stuff. I have a story posted at the National Ghost Hunters Societies web page, (I'm a member too). and I have several at castle of spirits.

let me know if ya want me to put them on here again

queenofquitealot
06-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Have any of you seen it?? I saw it yesterday and it was a very good show, a little creepy though.
Strange, I woke up in the middle of the night and was going to the bathroom and happen to see a moth on the wall above the mirror, it even had a reddish tint to it. I freaked, then I went back to sleep and had these really strange dreams. eek.
I do dream (on rare occasion) of events to happen, a couple times they have come true. They are dreams but they are very vivid and real, they are not foggy or mixed up.
Anyhow the movie was based on a true story. It is actually very intresting to watch and also wonder where the mothman may strike again.
Any beleivers???

justbeachy
06-17-2002, 07:22 AM
Ok, Kissmelynn and everyone else post those stories. I am fascinated by the paranormal.

Does anyone ever watch those types of shows on Discovery? I always do.

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by justbeachy
Ok, Kissmelynn and everyone else post those stories. I am fascinated by the paranormal.

Does anyone ever watch those types of shows on Discovery? I always do.

Oh yes i do, i love them and when they have them on "the unexplained" and unsolved mysteries, i'm always watching them, I even have a freaky pic i took myself, i'll post the link to

justbeachy
06-17-2002, 07:32 AM
KissMeLynn, Please do.... I love the unexplained. I love shows like Would you believe it? There are a ton of them on the Discovery Channel.

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 07:34 AM
When I was 13 my grandfather died, so we moved to a very small community (population of about 50 if you count the cows) to be near my grandmother. We rented an old farm house, we were told that it used to be 2 stories with a wrap-around screened in porch, but about 30 years before it had caught on fire and they had to remodel and left it a 3 bedroom 1 story house, and that the previous tenants had moved out because in the bedroom where the stairs that went up stairs used to be, they would be awakened in the middle of the night to someone shaking the bed, telling them they needed to get out of the house because it was on fire. Now none of my family believed in this kind of thing so we moved in anyway. well this was my sisters room first, when she was putting things up in the closet (where the stairs used to come down, and the crawl space to the attic still was) in the very top she found a doll, and she swears the eyes were glowing at her. I changed rooms with her after a while because she was afraid of the closet. After I moved into the room, for no apparent reason, my closet door would open, the bedroom door would open and then the back door to the house would open, and then they would all slam shut in reverse order. I dubbed my ghost "Fred". I used to scare my friends, because i was so used to this happening when the doors would open, I would point to the closet and say Fred, get back in the attic, and then when the doors would slam shut, my friends would freak out and many refused to spend the night anymore. My step brother also refused to stay in the house, he swore he could hear someone in the kitchen getting water out of the dispenser in the fridge at night. Well one night, I had a friend over and had told "Fred" to get in the attic and stay there. We did the normal sleep over things, and turned in for the night. Next thing I remember is waking up with everyone in my house (mom, stepdad, sister, step brother, and friend) in my room and staring at me. my friend said I had thrashed about in the b ed, then stood up, looked at my bed, pointed to the open closet door(which was closed when we went to bed) and said, GET OUT OF MY BED, and then, I DON'T CARE, I SAID GET THE HELL OUT OF MY BED. when i woke up i was still standing and pointing, and with everyone in the house hearing me i have no reason not to believe them. The weirdest thing about it was that in that room I would sometimes wake up without My nightgown on!!!!We moved out 4 years later, and sometimes i think "Fred" followed us to our new house and has been following me ever since

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 07:36 AM
We all know the story of the Oklahoma City Bombing, of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building that took place on April 19, 1995. I worked for a Law Enforcement Agency in the area and spent many hours in the rescue and recovery efforts.

Almost a year later we had friends in from New Mexico who wanted to see the Memorial Fence (before the new memorial was built). My oldest son was almost 3 at the time, and as we were walking along the fence that had all the pictures and ribbons, and things tied to it we passed a teddy bear that started talking in a small child's voice. I thought it was a motion detector and tried and tried to get it to go off again, but never it never would.

A bit farther down the sidewalk, my 3 year old said "mommie, look at the baby". I thought he must be talking about a baby doll on the fence, however there were no dolls on the fence in that area, but he kept insisting that "Mommie, theres a baby right there. Finally I told him " Hunny show mommie where the baby is", he walked over to the fence, put his little hand THROUGH the fence and said mommie that baby girl is right over there, and she's crying!!

They always say kids can see and feel things that we can't. I believe he was seeing one of the babies that died that day.

To this day he tells me how many guardian angels we all have and can even tell me who they are, some of whom died when he was a tiny baby.

I love and encourage my child's gift.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

justbeachy
06-17-2002, 07:50 AM
:eek: I have read your stories before. I remember them. Do you have anymore?

Anyone else daring enough to fess up?

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 08:11 AM
My son came up to me one day when he was almost 4, and said "mommie I have 2 guardian angels, you have 5 and bubby only has 1. He says his brothers was grandpa lankford who had recently died and that was one of his too, and that his 2nd guardian angel was an "old lady that was a friend of memaws, who died when he was a baby" ok this threw me off, and didn't think much of it. but when he was a little baby maybe 15 months old he would stand at the baby gate in his room at night and reach up to someone I couldn't see and say "leno,leno", I just thought it was baby talk till last year we were at my moms going through a bunch of old pictures and putting thim in photo albums, when he said MOMMIE THATS HER!!, I asked him who is who and he picked up a pictures of my moms friend LEONA, who had died when he was 6 weeks old and she had seen him one time, when he was 4 days old. now the leno makes sense from when he was a baby and the friend of memaws makes sense. she was the sweetest lady, I'm glad she's watching over my son.

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 08:18 AM
I've been a 911
dispatcher for years, so i've seen my share of all kinds of
things, but wasn't ready for the NIGHT SHIFT,
lol.i had to check all the officers in and check their
equipment out. so i knew when i was alone in the office.
several nights i would hear chairs moving in the "squad
room" which was right next to dispatch, but no one else
was in the building. the alarm would go off and the
speakers would have the sound of typing or a radio, but
when we checked the area it showed, it was always
quiet, and the alarm reset without problem. THEN... one
night one of the officers was in the station talking to
me. all the rest were on calls i'd given them so i
knew we were the only 2 in the office. while talking
to him, i looked down the hall and saw a blonde
female, with her hand covering her face, he was wearing
grey sweats, a white blouse and had bleach blonde
hair. she walked from the bathrooms to the squadroom. I
had the officer check the entire office, which
included breaking into the chief and deputy chiefs
offices, even behind the fridge, but no one could be
found. My lt. who had worked there for over 20 years
told me that during a domestic dispute, a man had
thrown his girlfriend from the car in front of the
building, and she had eventually died from head trauma, so
who knows, maybe its her, still looking for help. and
another time a friend had to bring her 13 year old son to
the office till his grandfather could pick him up.
when he was in the office with me, my desk (which was
basically a wrap around cabinet with an open space for a
desk) started vibrating like a dog fight was going on
inside it. I'd heard that children bring out
poltergeist, so when i made him leave the room it quit. When
officers would relieve me so i could go to lunch, most
would refuse to do it again, they'd always ask me "Do
you ever hear things in here at night", i'd tell them
all the time. so i usually got lunch brought to me
instead of getting to go out, lol pretty sad when big bad
officer men won't stay alone in the building, lol

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 08:24 AM
My 2 oldest sons spend their summers in New York
with their dad. Last summer the weekend before school
started he was Driving across country to bring them home.
Since he was familiar with my oldest sons "angel
stories" he told me this.. In indiana, they had stopped at
a gas station, as they were walking out he thought
he heard someone call my youngest son "Braden" he
said it sounded like a whisper, but dismissed it as
the wind and the sound of the doors, However, Braden
kept looking back, and said, "daddy, someone said my
name". When asked where they were, Braden said "in my
head". When asked what time it was he said it was around
10:00am. on saturday morning. So remembering my older son, I asked him do you know who it sounded like?, he just matter of factly looked up at me and mommie its Ms Robinson, she's my angel .Well let me tell you i was floored. They had no way of knowing, that was the about the same time his preschool teacher from the previous year had died from injuries sustained in a auto vs. pedestrian accident the night before. And she was definitely the kind of person who
would and i'm sure is still watching over all the
children she taught. THANKS MS ROBINSON. WE LOVE YOU!!!

ok i'll leave yall alone now

justbeachy
06-17-2002, 08:53 AM
KissMeLynn, I love your stories!!!!!:D :D :D

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 09:45 AM
I have a couple more, but figured i'd give everyone a break for a lil bit

Angel~Chihuahua
06-17-2002, 10:00 AM
when my boyfriend gets around to getting me the pictures on CD of the ghost hunting trip we just went on i'll post the pictures here.. there are some great pics of orbs..at halloween time this year we are planning on going on a ghost hunting trip in chicago with a well known paranormal investigator.

MsLynn
06-17-2002, 10:30 AM
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kissmslynn/lst?.dir=/Ghost+Photos&.view=t

Ok I took this picture in a cemetary by my house, there are 2 faces on the left hand side of the tombstone. some people see more, but these are the only 2 I can see,and i didn't see the 2nd one till someone in one of my ghost clubs pointed it out to me, and did the enhancements you'll see here

Shann
06-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Angel~Chihuahua- i want to go with you!!! :D After you go you'll have to let us all know how it went!!!

I guess i sort of have a story.. i can't explain it, but here it goes, i work at a church and during the day i'm usually all by myself. It's a smaller church so i usually know if someone is there or not. Sometimes i will hear the door close and go to investigate and no one will be there. One day i was in my office typing something up and i heard this noise. IT sounded like someone had taken their hands and slammed them down on the keys on the piano. I was at high alert then but figured it was one of the musicians practicing. This happend two or three more times and i finally got up the never to go check it out and no one was there! Needless to say, i turned off the comp and left what i was doing right there and headed out of the church as fast as i could go. I have not heard that noise again, thankfully... Another thing that has happend is, one time I took my puppy w/ me and she was looking up like she was looking at something and just barking and barking like there was no tomorrow.. i wondered if she was barking at a member of the church that might have came back to see how things were going. She has never barked like that again when i've taken her, so who knows. The church is older and seems to make a lot of noises, but some of them don't sound like they would be noises that an older buidling would make...I just know that i'm never in that church by myself when it gets dark!

Shann
06-22-2002, 02:01 PM
don't tell me i'm a thread killer, am i?!?!?! :( :( :(
anyways...bump bump bump! :) :) :)

MistyWolf
06-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Man I started reading this when it was only 2 pages long and now it is 7 .. Dream Warrior that picture whether real or not is absolutely frightening! .. I would have moved!

I believe .. my mom was gifted and we grew up believing in ghosts and I have even seen them a few times (my mom's father when I was 3 & 13) .. My uncle (mom's brother) who is "born again" says there is no such thing that they are demons .. but he also claims that the house they grew up in was haunted very badly.

My mom died in the house I grew up in (dad and his new wife currently live there) and I feel real comforted in the living room (room she died in) .. when she was sick I always knew I was going to be the one to find her after she died and I did .. I thought I'd freak but didn't. Actually my moms ashes are still in that house in a curio cabinet. My brother and his wife just moved out and they say the lights always burned out and they did that when I was living there (mom was still alive).

She use to tell a story of these plates she had hanging on the wall in the kitchen. My grandma (her mom) was living with us at the time and walked down the steps and when she got to the bottom, the plates lifted off the wall and crashed to the floor. I was there but don't remember and my mom was there too. She put her father's (he was deceased) picture back on the wall and that stopped .. but other things happened.

When you go in the basement, your mind works overtime and almost always I come running up the steps .. you just know something is down there and watching you .. no wonder my mom had us was clothes .. lol!

And I could tell you many stories on the Ouija board! .. That really isn't something to mess with .. and it is best to say a prayer of protection if you choose to do it.

As far as animals .. my mom died 2-2-00 and on 2-2-01 I was wondering if anything strange was going to happen. Well the day went by uneventful .. that night shortly after 2AM my cat was acting all strange at the foot of my bed like he knew who was there (my mom did know my cat) and all of a sudden I felt something pat my foot .. I normally would have freaked but really believe it was my mom just saying hi and was fine.

Ok that is enough for now.. lol .. maybe I will post more later .. have a good one all.

MistyWolf
06-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Here are some more websites that will have you lost for hours:

http://www.geocities.com/carefm/index-2.html

http://www.ghostpage.com/haunted.html

http://www.prairieghosts.com/hauntoh.html .. (read the story about the Franklin Castle .. this house is scary I live near by)

http://www.hauntedamerica.com

*StarDust*
06-22-2002, 05:26 PM
When I was A kid my mom,My sister and I lived in a house that was close to a hundred years old located on about 20 acres with no neighbors for a mile or more.The house still looked like one from the past it had an outhouse outside even though no one used it.Claw feet bathtub.Pump next to the sink even though it didn't work.No cupboards just a large pantry.A cellar that you get to from outside.An attic that no one in my family ever went into.The house had one of those skeleton keys that worked on everydoor in the house.The stairs in the house had 3 doors that lead to them.1 was on the side porch (we had 3 porches one in back one in front and one on the side)when you walked in you were looking directly up the stairs,1 door from the plant room thats what we called it since my mom had so many plants in there and one from my moms room. The plant room door and my moms door were directly across from each other.The stairs were steep wooden ones that creaked really loud when you walk up or down them. My room and my sisters was the only things upstairs except the way to the attic.I am describing the house so you can kinda get a feel of what type of place it was.It was already creepy without any noises or weird things going on.Ok here is some of the things I can remember right now that happened while we lived there.

My mom had one of those floor length mirrors in her room and she swears that a couple of times she looked in it that she could see someone looking at her from the hallway.When she would turm around no one in the hallway and no one in the mirror when she looked back.

When my mom was working and my sister was at a friends house I heard walking and banging coming from upstairs.I turned on all the lights and blasted the t.v. and stereo so I could get to sleep My mom came home and the house was completely lit up and so loud she couldn't see how I could get to sleep like that. I was so scared that it was the only way I could go to sleep.I felt safer when it was completely light and so loud I couldn't hear any noises in the house.

My sister heard someone knocking on her bedroom door a couple of times and I was asleep so I know it wasn't me and our mom wouldn't have done anything like that to scare us.

the pump in the kitchen was just there for looks it didn't work anymore but my mom heard a sound from her bedroom that sounded like someone was using it and no one was in there when she looked.My sister and I couldn't have gotten upstairs without her hearing us so she knew it wasn't us.

I heard noises coming out of my closet once it was one of those walkin closets big enough to fit 4-5 people comfortably but I know no one was in there.

My mom told us that when we were at our dads for part of our summer vacation that she could hear someone walking on the stairs and someone walking around upstairs.

There was a lot more things that happened there and I was so glad when my mom decided to move when she got remarried.I went to the house with my husband once so I could show him the house and the place gave him the creeps.It looks worse now than it did when I lived there since the new owners didn't live there very long and no one has lived in it for a few years.
:eek:

This is actually sorta fun telling and reading about other people's experiences with the unusual.:)

justbeachy
06-24-2002, 07:08 AM
These are great stories!!! Keep'em coming. :D

mattdawn
07-11-2002, 02:41 PM
We just moved into our house in March. My husband just came in from the garage 5 min. ago and said he was out there playing the drums with headphones on he saw some movement out of the corner of his eye he glanced over and this brass and copper weathervave was spinning really fast then abruptly stopped. We don't have it up yet so it is sitting on the ground in a cuppola kinda crooked. This thing is heavy and there wasn't any wind inside the garage and all of the doors were shut. He said he got goosebumps all over and his face went numb.

snoopy123
07-12-2002, 02:12 PM
Any more ghost stores?

miccit
07-12-2002, 06:18 PM
When my husband and I first married and had our three youngest kids we rented a house from my MIL. This is the house that my husband and his twin brother grew up in.

MIL used to tell me that when BIL was little he used to see an old lady in white in the attic bedroom. I never thought anything about it until I got pregnant with my first child. I used to hear music from the 40's (house was built in 1921) and someone would touch my feet at night with really cold hands. (I knew it wasn't my husband cause he has hot hands).

When my oldest was 4 he started having really bad behaviour problems and nightmares. He would draw pictures of his bedroom with black cyclones in it. He said it was the bad person. At first we blew it off cause he has a very active imagination.

Then one day I got a phone call from Adult protective services. They wanted to know why I kept an old woman in my attic. My neighbor had called them telling them that I kept my grandmother in the attic and never let her out. They had to come out to the house and inspect it.

We then called a friend who is Native American and does cleansings. She came out and cleansed our home and all of us. She said there was a bad aura in my son's room, but there was a good aura in our attic. We had her remove the bad and kept the good.

Come to find out in the 40's the man who owned our house killed his wife and son so he could have his girlfriend. The wife was found in the house and the son was found elsewhere. He ended up killing himself in our what became our son's bedroom out of guilt I guess.

Our friend said he was the bad and she was the good. Our son said the lady in white would visit him when he was scared and make it all better.

Scared the crap out of me. Since the house has been cleansed we have never heard of anything weird happening.

picklepuss
07-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Well,as most of you know I just moved about 2 months ago.I never really noticed this until my son left for South Carolina and I was alone in the place.Usually there's activity going on here but when he left and I was alone and it was quiet.I heard what sounded like someone walking from one end of the trailer to the next.I was reading a Stephen King book at the time and figured it was just my imagination getting the best of me.This also happened in the place I was before I moved here.It happens every night now.I figure maybe it's my husband here keeping a watch on us.He just followed us across the street.That doesn't bother me in the least,if of course it's him.I also had some bird houses that I kept on a wall before I moved up here.There was always one that kept falling off the wall.Only that one though,never any of the others.In that place too I heard footsteps going across the floor.That place had all hardwood floors,this place has carpeting in all but the kitchen and bathrooms.Kinda freaky but I don't feel threatened or unsafe.

miccit
07-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Ok just got a chance to go back and read some of the threads. I may never sleep again!!!

I did not realize that the Mothman Prophecies had anything to do with Point Pleasant WV. That is where my stepgrandparents lived when I was younger. We used to drive across that bridge they talk about every weekend! I guess I will have to watch the movie now.

And those pics gave me major cold chills. The one with the little girl near the door is the worst. The one with the man in the tv is bad, but the other is much worse.

Discord_Goddess
07-13-2002, 07:27 PM
Heres a few stories.. hope ya enjoy :D

Alright this one is gonna be a little complicated for me to explain and long... so bear with meh pleeze

I was at my friends and we went for a walk. About a block down from her house is this really old house(I remember my mom pulled up at the house a long time ago b/c she was looking for sumthing and since the house was abadoned no one could come out and shoot us :D anyway I remeber me and mom both saw a single candle in one of the windows. Sumone had to be holding it b/c it wasn't sitting on anything... it was just there.. we left in a hurry). You just look at it and you get chills, yet peace and harmony feelings at the same time. My friend said she loved to hang out here and explained to me that there were 3 ghosts that were in the house and she had actually talked to one. There was a little girl, a mother and father. (She talked to the little girl) She told me that the little girl was very sweet and nice and that the father was very mean... (at first we didn't know about the mother) the mother seems to be just scared and doesn't make herself known much. Alright... well we went into the house and theres a set of stairs outside the house,we went up them and went into the very first room up there. It was a really small room... just enough room for a small child to live in. As soon as I walked in I had to force myself not to try cuz I suddenly had this great feeling of loss. But there was also this happy smell to the room. It smelled like thousands of roses. (It couldn't have been air freashener b/c no one had lived in the house for several years and neither one of us were wearing purfume)Even through the feeling of loss there was a calmness and serenity aura about it. We looked into the other rooms and they smelled like rotting wood and water mold. In one room there was this coffin shapped thing by the window. It was really freaky looking (thankfully nothing was in there). My friend went downstairs and I stayed upstairs, sitting in the first room just thinking about nothing in paticular.. just kinda zoning out. I finally went downstairs and all I could smell was cigar smoke and all of the sudden I felt scared and I smelled death and I felt so cold. I felt sumone give me a sharp push (keep in mind I'm still on the stairs)I didn't fall but I stumbled down the rest of the steps. My friend said she felt the same thing right before I got pushed and said she felt paralyzed like sumone was holding her back so she couldn't help me if I fell. Needless to say we left.

We came back a few days later and went back upstairs to the first room. Theres this window with no glass and we climbed out in onto the roof and climbed up to the top and sat on it. Even though there is houses all around it practically we felt like we were shielded against the world.. protected. Anyway we both had these weird 'feelings' like someone or sumthing was telling us things in our minds and we both felt that the little girl had a diary but we weren't sure where exactly. My friend went downstairs to look around and I stayed upstairs. There was this little hole in the wall where sumone could crawl through. I knelt down and felt sumthing prick me. I didn't really pay any attention I was too busy looking through the hole. I had this bad feeling and stood up to go downstairs and my leg felt real heavy. I looked down and there was a nail in my leg! I just stood there shocked then pulled on the board to get the nail out and finally screamed (delayed reaction major :rolleyes: ). It didn't hurt.. even when I poured alcohol in it and it didn't bleed. And I know that that board wasn't there cuz I made sure that there wasn't any nails sticking out of the floor cuz I had already pricked myself before and it wasn't there.:confused: Anyway we stayed called me over and she was standing in front of what looked like one of those old glass cases sumone would store guns in.. only it didn't have glass anymore it was slid up and stuck and when I looked there was sumthing up there that made it so it wouldn't come back down. We guessed it was either a book or a knife or sumthing (we guessed the father and killed the girl and wife and finally killed himself) so of course we were eager to get it. We messed around with it for a few minutes then I turned around to see if I could find sumthing to help get it out when I felt dizzy and again smelled death. For just a split second I felt like I was gonna be sick. The feeling sick passed but the smell didn't not did the dizziness. I turned back around and my friend had her fingers in the little slot where the wooden frame would come down. I guess she was trying to see if she could pry the boards off. I guess she had gotten the same feeling cuz she jerked back and as soon as she did the frame came down fast and hard. Its a really good thing she jerked back cuz the frame would tooken her fingers with it:eek: we left really quick before sumthing worse happened. When we passed the stairs there was a gentle breeze and that sweet smell came back as if in apology.
We went to the house sevreal times and from what the girl has told us and let us feel we came up with what we belived happened to her:
Her dad was a pretty rich man. At one point they were one of the most loved people of the town. Really nice and always lending a hand. Then something happened (we havn't figured that one out yet) and he changed. He became a heavy drinker and very abussive. He'd come back home late at night and go on a rampage. The mother got tired of it and tried to poison him but even though he was a totall jerk he did have some sense and it didn't work. After that he'd beat her more severly( I don't think he hit the kid much. I think she was a slight soft spot on him). Finally he went out of control and decided he didn't want anything to do with his wife b/c he had another g/f and killed the wife. Well his daughter took one of the horses that had and tried to ride off and get away from him. He got mad and got the gun and shot in the air to scare her into comming back. He decided he'd shot the horse then she'd have nothing left to do. He was drunk and ended up shooting her. He was furious with himself and by this time his g/f had already gotten freaked out and gotten the Hell away. So he killed himself..

Hope you enjoyed it even tho its way to long

Discord_Goddess
07-13-2002, 07:41 PM
This one won't be near as long :rolleyes:

At my dad's and my step-mom's is this little shop. It used to be a house. Anyway the landowner was doing sumthing and he was hammering nails into the boards. And everytime he hit the nail it sounded like a woman screaming in agony no matter where the nail was. He thought he was just hearing things at first. After a while he brought his wife out and she agreed that it sounded like a woman screaming. He got the Police out there and they were dumfounded and had no explaination. They did nothing about it. So anyway the landowner recorded it. My dad and step-mom listened and my step-mom said it was very realistic and just freaky.
Another time my little bro who is 4 was out in the yard running around and playing with meh bro who is 5. Step-mom and dad were out there with them, working. My little brother(4) suddenly stopped playing and just stared at the house/shop then took off running just as fast as he could to the house/shop. My step-mom and dad hollared for him to come back. He just stood there where the front door would have been and just looked at the shop. Then finally came back to step-mom and dad. They asked him why he went over there and he said "Because the lady was calling me". There was no one else over there. And the lights go on and off. You can turn them off walk in the house and look out the window and they'll come on. The ghost has never done anything unfriendly. Just tries to have a little fun at freaking people out I guess. :)

Discord_Goddess
07-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Theres also this store thats in a town close to the one I live in and there was this woman that was shot in there a long time ago. The person was trying to get money out of the safe and she wouldn't let them. I think she knew the person. Anyway she was shot through the head and I'm sure you can figure out the gross details without my help. Anyway her ghost has been haunting that store. My step-mom worked there and said that if you were there late you could hear people argueing in the back room and a gunshot. The woman was suposed to be very strict and likes things to always be in order. My step-mom said that sumtimes if sumthing is out of order or sumthing is sumwhere it shouldn't belong like a bag of chips in the candy isle an invisable hand would actually pick it up and put it where it should belong

Discord_Goddess
07-13-2002, 07:57 PM
One of my mom's friends has a casket up in the attic :confused: and at night they said you could hear footsteps walking up there. And you could go up there. You'd still hear 'em but the're wouldn't be anyone there. And sumtimes you can even hear footsteps going down the stairs. Look at the stairs. No one. And sumtimes it would come in their room and you could see the footprints in the think carpet.

Discord_Goddess
07-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Heres a few stories.. hope ya enjoy :D

Alright this one is gonna be a little complicated for me to explain and long... so bear with meh pleeze

I was at my friends and we went for a walk. About a block down from her house is this really old house(I remember my mom pulled up at the house a long time ago b/c she was looking for sumthing and since the house was abadoned no one could come out and shoot us :D anyway I remeber me and mom both saw a single candle in one of the windows. Sumone had to be holding it b/c it wasn't sitting on anything... it was just there.. we left in a hurry). You just look at it and you get chills, yet peace and harmony feelings at the same time. My friend said she loved to hang out here and explained to me that there were 3 ghosts that were in the house and she had actually talked to one. There was a little girl, a mother and father. (She talked to the little girl) She told me that the little girl was very sweet and nice and that the father was very mean... (at first we didn't know about the mother) the mother seems to be just scared and doesn't make herself known much. Alright... well we went into the house and theres a set of stairs outside the house,we went up them and went into the very first room up there. It was a really small room... just enough room for a small child to live in. As soon as I walked in I had to force myself not to try cuz I suddenly had this great feeling of loss. But there was also this happy smell to the room. It smelled like thousands of roses. (It couldn't have been air freashener b/c no one had lived in the house for several years and neither one of us were wearing purfume)Even through the feeling of loss there was a calmness and serenity aura about it. We looked into the other rooms and they smelled like rotting wood and water mold. In one room there was this coffin shapped thing by the window. It was really freaky looking (thankfully nothing was in there). My friend went downstairs and I stayed upstairs, sitting in the first room just thinking about nothing in paticular.. just kinda zoning out. I finally went downstairs and all I could smell was cigar smoke and all of the sudden I felt scared and I smelled death and I felt so cold. I felt sumone give me a sharp push (keep in mind I'm still on the stairs)I didn't fall but I stumbled down the rest of the steps. My friend said she felt the same thing right before I got pushed and said she felt paralyzed like sumone was holding her back so she couldn't help me if I fell. Needless to say we left.

We came back a few days later and went back upstairs to the first room. Theres this window with no glass and we climbed out in onto the roof and climbed up to the top and sat on it. Even though there is houses all around it practically we felt like we were shielded against the world.. protected. Anyway we both had these weird 'feelings' like someone or sumthing was telling us things in our minds and we both felt that the little girl had a diary but we weren't sure where exactly. My friend went downstairs to look around and I stayed upstairs. There was this little hole in the wall where sumone could crawl through. I knelt down and felt sumthing prick me. I didn't really pay any attention I was too busy looking through the hole. I had this bad feeling and stood up to go downstairs and my leg felt real heavy. I looked down and there was a nail in my leg! I just stood there shocked then pulled on the board to get the nail out and finally screamed (delayed reaction major :rolleyes: ). It didn't hurt.. even when I poured alcohol in it and it didn't bleed. And I know that that board wasn't there cuz I made sure that there wasn't any nails sticking out of the floor cuz I had already pricked myself before and it wasn't there.:confused: Anyway we stayed called me over and she was standing in front of what looked like one of those old glass cases sumone would store guns in.. only it didn't have glass anymore it was slid up and stuck and when I looked there was sumthing up there that made it so it wouldn't come back down. We guessed it was either a book or a knife or sumthing (we guessed the father and killed the girl and wife and finally killed himself) so of course we were eager to get it. We messed around with it for a few minutes then I turned around to see if I could find sumthing to help get it out when I felt dizzy and again smelled death. For just a split second I felt like I was gonna be sick. The feeling sick passed but the smell didn't not did the dizziness. I turned back around and my friend had her fingers in the little slot where the wooden frame would come down. I guess she was trying to see if she could pry the boards off. I guess she had gotten the same feeling cuz she jerked back and as soon as she did the frame came down fast and hard. Its a really good thing she jerked back cuz the frame would tooken her fingers with it:eek: we left really quick before sumthing worse happened. When we passed the stairs there was a gentle breeze and that sweet smell came back as if in apology.
We went to the house sevreal times and from what the girl has told us and let us feel we came up with what we belived happened to her:
Her dad was a pretty rich man. At one point they were one of the most loved people of the town. Really nice and always lending a hand. Then something happened (we havn't figured that one out yet) and he changed. He became a heavy drinker and very abussive. He'd come back home late at night and go on a rampage. The mother got tired of it and tried to poison him but even though he was a totall jerk he did have some sense and it didn't work. After that he'd beat her more severly( I don't think he hit the kid much. I think she was a slight soft spot on him). Finally he went out of control and decided he didn't want anything to do with his wife b/c he had another g/f and killed the wife. Well his daughter took one of the horses that had and tried to ride off and get away from him. He got mad and got the gun and shot in the air to scare her into comming back. He decided he'd shot the horse then she'd have nothing left to do. He was drunk and ended up shooting her. He was furious with himself and by this time his g/f had already gotten freaked out and gotten the Hell away. So he killed himself..

Hope you enjoyed it even tho its way to long

justbeachy
07-15-2002, 07:33 AM
I am loving all these stories!! Thanx Discord_Goddess and everyone else! Please keep em coming! You too, Pickle!

starsfall
10-24-2002, 04:27 PM
after i got my wisdoms taken out in nov. of 00 i had to go to a hospital were i was told the pain that wouldn't go away was TMJ!

anyway after i had came home later that night around 2:00 AM i hear this sound it was a "whoooooooooo"ing sound and that i asked someone if they could hear it too and they said NO!

then as i went over to their room again i heard a VERY light "boo" next to my ear!

the "whoooo"ing contunied for about a week by day 5 i was questioning my own sanity!

finally i had to contact someone in the paranormal field to tell me what this "whooooo" ing was and that i was the ONLY one able to hear it!

she told me it was a harmless human spirit and that she also had one follow her once too!

this SAME exact spirit does come back every once in a while and whoos again in a much lighter tone!

but one night as i was watching "the mummy" i heard the spirit come back in the home through the lundary room "screaming" and went over my head and went down the hall!

i have also been woken up by video games from the attic a ghost is up there and he likes to play video games!

i'm sestive to ghosts/spirits and they come to me either i like it or not!

ghost = someone who NEVER crossed over

spirit = someone who DID cross over but is still somewhat earthbound!

i also see images in doors,towels,walls,etc!

i'm pretty much used to paranormal things now!

but one night i smelled VODLKA come out of THIN AIR not once BUT twice!

and each time i saw a MIRCO orb!

the smell went RIGHT under my nose!

my favorite paranormal site is the shadowlands!

tons of true ghost stories,etc!

since there are spirits around me that like to play tricks on my family like scream at my parents door,do cat sounds at my sister's door!

i'm worried about doing auto-writting!

i want to find out more about these spirits and ghosts that are trying to drive me crazy!

for those of you that are wannabe ghost hunnters i URGE you NOT go into any place that a mass killing or sucide happened!

the spirits/ghosts there are ANGRY and do not want to be harrassed!

by the way spirits and ghosts USED to be people too so give them respect!

AND DO NOT curse at them or tell them to shut up!

they CAN hurt you!

by the way ghosts can read your mind so don't think about something you'll regert thinking about!

ksjayhawkfan
10-24-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ksjayhawkfan
OK heres one of mine. Awhile back my hubby and I were watching this really weird movie. The whole thing was pretty dumb but at the very end it was pretty intense. We both had our eyes guled to the screen and all of a sudden a penny flew across the room and landed at my feet. I kid you not. It came right up off the top of the TV it didnt bounce or roll,just landed by my foot. Ok so that same night after we all we in bed I hear my daughter crying (she was 2 at the time) so I go in her room and talk to her. She says "that man that man" I told her there wasnt a man anywhere and to go back to sleep. Well 10 minutes later shes crying again. This time it was "that man downstairs" I told her there is no man downstairs and she says "no i dont want to go down with that man." ANd shes pointing to her closet. SO I take her and sleep on the couch. For about 3 hours she was talking to some man. Telling him no no I dont want to go with you. Leave me alone. Things likt that. Really weird right. Well the next night my so (he was 4 at the time) is taking a bath. My hubby is in the bathroom with him, I was in the basement. He was playing and all of a sudden he just stops and looks up. Then he says"dad whos that man?" Hubby says there isnt anyone there. Son says yeah he was just right there floating in the hallway. So I said look whoever you are get out of my house and dont come back!! Nothing since.

Wow Starsfall Im glad I saw this post tonight. This happened to my daughter again last night. It is the most bizaar thing I have ever had happen. And now that shes older(shes almost 4) she was telling me the same thing as before except she told me he was wearing a black coat and a hat:confused: Very very odd. I just dont know what to think about it all.

justbeachy
10-25-2002, 06:07 AM
My son used to do the same thing when he was little. He would always chtter away to the gray people. I got to the point where I no longer asked. :eek:

tiffany21
10-25-2002, 06:57 AM
Ok I have one for you this scared the hell out of me.

I moved into an old house back east. and the first night was fine. and then on the second night I herd some strange sound like moaning and crying.
and the third night I saw a shadow walk just pass the door way of the reding room and I had a warm feeling but I was scared.

and then about an hour later I was into my book reading and I herd a soft voice that moaned and cried when I looked across the room their was a solid wall a lady walked out of the wall in a wedding dress with blood all over it and the she just steped back into the wall well needless to say I ran like hell. :eek:

the next day I spoke to the nebigors and come to find out the house was empty for years becouse when a young couple got married came home and the got in a fight the husband killed him new bride and burried her in the basement.:eek: well I moved that day.

so I do belive in ghost :D

MommyG3
10-29-2002, 07:48 AM
First time I experienced something, I was at a friend's house. She had an alarm the front door of her mobile home. The alarm would go off if anyone opened the door from the outside. The alarm went off and it was closed.

Second time, I was at the same person's house and I was laying in her bed trying to take a nap. I felt a cold chill. I got up and asked her to come into the room. She said he (her ghost) was there.

Third time, I was at my sister's house watching our children. They were all outside at the house next door which is a good 500 yards away. Well, I went to the restroom and about the time I was getting ready to leave, I heard the front door shut. I got out and walked into the living room to see if one of the kids had come in. No one else was in there. I walked outside to see where the kids were and ALL of them were still next door.

Fourth time, I was trying to take a nap at my sister's house in my niece's room. I felt the bed slant as if someone were laying beside me. I was not able to sleep after that.

The friend, Tina, who has a ghost told me many things I shall pass along to you. She was once married to an abusive man. Their moble home was a single wide and located on a hill. Scott (her ex) was working on a car one day and the car started rolling. It rolled down the hill, "chasing" Scott. It pinned him against a tree.

One day her brother and several cousins were sitting in her living room. She had gone to her mother's (next door). The brother and cousin's told her that her cabinet doors flew open and some plates, cups, and other items fell to the floor.

Her mother had seen an indian girl in her bathroom late one night.

My sister's grandmother-in-law said that after her daughter (my sister's mother-in-law) passed away, she looked down at her house (the daughter's house) and saw her daughter sitting in the porch in a rocking chair just as plain as day.

I have also been visited in my dreams.

justbeachy
10-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Due to fetal brain drain, I can't remember what I've mentioned in the past, but I have seen them when I was small, had them visit in dreams and grab my foot but the scariest ever and not scariest at the same time was hearing one. It only happened once but it was enough.:eek:

justbeachy
10-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Bumping for whoever wanted true ghost stories!