PDA

View Full Version : please help. im a little scared

goughenour_2000
01-02-2002, 06:56 AM
ok this is a long story, and i need some help if anyone can offer any advice. i had a miscarriage in july @ 7 weeks along. my normal period returned in less than a month. i got pregnant again but had another miscarriage on nov 14th also @ 7 weeks along. that time i had to have a D&C done. i still havent gotten a period back from that one. i took a pregnancy test yesterday, and one today. both came up positive instantly. i didnt have to wait at all, and they were both very dark blue. could there still be any leftover HCG in my system? i have no clue how long HCg stays in your body. or should i just take this as a new pregnancy? i am sooo terrified of having another miscarriage. my dr wanted me to wait 3 months before trying again, but this was an accident if i am. guess i should have opted for the pill instead. i am terrified, and a little excited all at the same time, but im scared to get my hopes up like the last 2 times. please offer any advice that you can. thanks in advance. its really appreciated.

Angelseyes28
01-02-2002, 07:00 AM
Sorry goughenour_2000 I wish I had some advice for ya but I don't have a clue about these things. Maybe someone else can help. You will be in my thoughts.:)

melzy13
01-02-2002, 07:02 AM
I'm so sorry about the miscarriages, I know how horrible it is to go through that. I'm not sure about the HCg still being in your blood. Call your doctor to be sure. Good luck! I will be thinking about you.

wingsfan
01-02-2002, 07:49 AM
Go to the Doctor. I had a miscarriage and the D&C didn't get all the cells. The preg test still registered positive and my body thought I was still pregnant. The Dr. gave me a shot of some glowing green stuff (some kind of chemotherapy drug) and fixed the problem. My miscarriage was ectopic (in the fallopian tubes) so that's why they missed the cells. It took me 3 yrs to get pregnant after that but I had healthy TWINS in 1997! Good Luck....

billiecs
01-02-2002, 08:01 AM
I agree with Wingsfan. You need to make an appointment with your doctor. They can do a blood HCG test that will tell them if you have residual HCG in your body or if this is indeed a pregnancy.

mommyx2
01-02-2002, 08:02 AM
I am not totally sure, but the same thing sort of happened to me. I miscarried in January-febuary (can't remember) then got pregnant immediately, had no periods in between. The doc told me that is was probably old HCG in my system, and I more than likely needed a D&C (so that tells me that it CAN happen since he thought that) but it turned out I WAS pregnant already again and didn't need a D&C. I miscarried that one too in May, and for about a month and a half I was stubborn and refused to have a D&C done until one day I almost bled to death and finally had to have it done. As far as I know, if there is ANYTHING left, then it will say positive on a pregnancy test.

worldofdan
01-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Please go to the doctor. They can do a ultra sound and take blood to verify everything. I also had a miscarriage in July. I did not miscarry everything and so the blood tests and pregnacy tests that I took said I was still pregnant. I ended up having to have a d/c that did not get everything, so I had to have another d/c where they had to actually go in and scrape out my uteras. I am not allowed to start trying to get pregnant again until February, but, now my husband switched jobs so it is going to have to be March. I am sorry about all the miscarriages. They are very hard on you, both physically and emotionally. Hopefully things will work out great for you. but, please go to the doctor.

goughenour_2000
01-02-2002, 08:50 PM
just letting you all know that i called my dr's office today. i am having a blood pregnancy test tomorrow to determine if this is a new pregnancy or left from the old one. they said most likely it is a new one, since it has been almost 2 months, but not to get my hopes up until we know for sure. i am also scheduled for a dr's appointment on tuesday. i'll let you all know what happens, and thank you all so much for sharing your experiences, and your support. its very appreciated.

kelblend
01-02-2002, 10:59 PM
Please keep us updated! I had one miscarriage before I had 3 healthy kids. I hope everything goes well for you! {{{{hugs}}}}}:D

Bubbleslove
01-03-2002, 12:07 AM
I am not sure if I had a miscarrage or not, the dr. was an @ss (I was bleeding very very very badly and went to the ER....) but they do run in my family, my gram had 5, my mom had 3 and each of my aunts had at least one... needless to say I was scared of telling anyone when I was sure I was pregnant.

I am sorry to hear about your miscarrages, you have to remember it wasn't your fault, and that sometimes it happens because there was something wrong with the baby, not you!!!

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED!!!!!!

((((( goughenour_2000 )))))

melzy13
01-03-2002, 06:42 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I hope things go well at the doctor's today. Good luck and we are thinking about you!

bcjjhh
01-03-2002, 07:21 AM
I am late on getting here to offer any advice, but just wanted to let you know that we are all here for you. Please as others have said keep us posted!

goughenour_2000
01-03-2002, 11:35 AM
well i went to the blood lab today and had blood drawn for a pregnancy test. i should find out tomorrow if its a new pregnancy or still the last one. im pretty sure its a new one, but im afraid to get my hopes up. thanks again for all your words of encouragement. :O)

sadie01
01-03-2002, 12:27 PM
I want to give each and everyone who has been thru that a {{{{{{{ HUG }}}}}}}}}. I cant believe so many of you have gone thru that.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you, my best friend is going thru trying to get pregnant, and it hasnt been easy.
Where in the Burgh are you???

rbward9598
01-03-2002, 12:52 PM
My sis-in-law had two miscarriages On the last one before she miscarried I told her to go to my obgyn and they checked her hormone levels. Turns out that as soon as she knows she pregnant she has to be put on a hormone the first 3 months and then her body sustains the pregnancy from that point on. Just a suggestion. She stillgoes to my doctor!:)

goughenour_2000
01-04-2002, 01:12 PM
well i just heard back from my dr. the blood test came back with my HCG at 32,000 so i am indeed pregnant. they want me to have another blood test tomorrow, to make sure my levels are doubling like they should. i also have a dr appoint on tuesday, so i'll let you all know. i just hope things work out with this one. im scared right now.

mommyx2
01-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Well congrats! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!! :)

Nimue
01-04-2002, 09:34 PM
My thoughts and Prayers are with you. I went through a miscarriage and was told i would not be able to carry a child......needless to say i have a beautiful healthy almost 3 year old son now. So things can work out sweety just hang in there and know that we are all thinking about you!

Princess of Power #1
01-04-2002, 09:40 PM
But I'm so Happy for you and I just wanted to let you know. Your going to be a Great mommy because you've wanted it so bad! I'm so happy good things are happening!!!:D

kelsie126
01-04-2002, 10:17 PM
wingsfan they also treat eptopic pregnancies that have not aborted with that growing green stuff as well as chemo therapy pills. That way they don't have to do the laproscopy and you can keep your fallopian tube.

Congrats!!

magicwoman19
01-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Congrats, I will be praying for you! Just stay off your feet and relax don't get stressed out!! I wish you all the luck in the world! Congrats again!!!!:) :) :) :)

goughenour_2000
01-05-2002, 08:36 AM
thank you all so much for your kind words. i think i forgot to mention that this wont be my first child. i do have a 3 year old little girl, and shes wonderful. so i know it is possible for me to have children, they just dont know why i had those 2 miscarriages. my mother seems to think that maybe i cant carry boys. she saw some medical show about a lady who kept losing her pregnancies and they found out she couldnt carry boys. i had absolutly no problems with my daughter, so who knows. im just praying this one works out ok. and thank you all again. its good to know there are such nice people rooting for me. i hope you all have a great day :O)

asickchick
01-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Congratulations and good luck!!

goughenour_2000
01-08-2002, 05:12 PM
i saw my dr today. so far everything is going good. he said my HCG levels from the test i had on saturday were at 43,000 and that was good he said. im scheduled for a sonogram on monday the 14th just to check if everything looks normal so far, and to see about how far along i am. he said i feel like im about 5-6 weeks along. i havent had any bleeding or cramping yet, so....so far so good. :O) i just hope it stays this way.

KellyA
01-08-2002, 05:16 PM
The best of luck to you~~I hope everything goes well.Keeps us updated(please)~~take care and I will keep you in my thoughts!

goughenour_2000
01-15-2002, 05:37 AM
well i had my ultrasound yesterday. i got to hear my babies heartbeat and i also saw it. the lady said the heartrate was 155 which is good. she said thing look great so far. im so happy. she said im 7 1/2 weeks along, and i should be due around august 28th. i know things could still go wrong, so im still gonna take it easy until my dr tells me otherwise, but i am not as nervous as i was. thank you all so much for all your prayers and thoughts. the baby was so tiny right now. i could even see where the little arms and legs are starting to form. it was great. :O)

KellyA
01-15-2002, 05:43 AM
aaawwww.....thats wonderful~I'm so glad that things are going well for you!I wish you all the best~Good Luck!Please keep us updated!:) I looooved getting my ultrasounds when I was preg.it is so cool to see that tiny little baby~!I will keep you in my thoughts!:):D :) :D :) :D :) CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

kelblend
01-15-2002, 06:22 AM
Wow I'm sooo happy for you!! Don't overdo anything and keep us informed as others have asked. Congratulations!!!!!:D :D :D

mimi37
01-15-2002, 08:47 AM
I got in late on this one but I am happy that everything is going ok for you. Please keep us updated.

RedneckGirl
01-15-2002, 08:49 AM
I am so happy for you! Our son was born Aug 31 1999. So Aug is a good month! I hope everthing keeps goinggood for you. You are in my thoughts. BIG BEAR HUG!!!!!

rbward9598
01-15-2002, 10:05 AM
Please let us know how things are going. Take care! :)

jamrsc
01-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Congrats, hope everything goes well for you and the baby. Keep us updated.

jcw
01-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Congrats and I'm so glad to hear things are going good.

zohanna
01-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! Please take care and keep up updated. Good Luck!!!

goughenour_2000
08-20-2002, 09:45 AM
wow its been so long since i posted on this thread....i completely forgot it was here. everything has went great with this pregnancy. due in 8 more days....but could happen at any time now. been dialated to 2 cm for 2 weeks now. i am soooo anxious to have this baby. they say its gonna be a boy. we are naming him kristofer michael. kaitlynne is pretty excited about being a big sister. i know its been awhile but i just wanted to say thanks again to all of you who posted words of encouragement at the beginning. it really helped me alot. you guys are all great. big hugs to everyone.

jcw
08-20-2002, 09:50 AM
Way to go...I am so glad things have went so good for you. We'll be waiting for pics of the little guy.

Widgetsx3
08-20-2002, 10:08 AM
Wow...CONGRATS!!! I wasn't around for the original posts, but I have the chills reading this. I was told I would never carry to term due to Uterine Cancer, and multiple multiple multiple D/C's in a short period of time...3 kids later.....suprise! I was saddended at your miscarriages, but Kristopher is the gift! Again Congrats! Let us know after you have given birth!

SusanSugarbaker
08-20-2002, 10:39 AM
I got some chills reading this old but updated thread as well!

"goughenour"......Congratulations and I hope you have a very easy delivery! I went thru a pregnancy just like yours....(getting pregnant immediately after a miscarriage) and I know how wonderful you must be feeling about now. Take care and I send hugs to you and kisses for that sweet baby boy when he arrives! Rest up for that delivery now!

MommyG3
08-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Congrats!!! A new baby is sooooo much fun. And, you should have lots of help from that big sister.

Willow
08-20-2002, 04:02 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

http://www.millan.net/anims/giffar/giffar2/pregwalk.gif

Tasha405
08-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Congrats!

I also wasn't here to post in this when it first started. I am so happy that everything is going good and you only have a few more days to go! My sons name is Christopher Michael, same name, different spellings!:) Thats cool. Keep us posted and let us know when he gets here!:)

tina z
08-20-2002, 07:32 PM
Congratulations on your nearly here son! My oldest son is Christopher and he also has an older sister. :)

lovechild
08-20-2002, 07:45 PM
Congrats!!!! Keep us posted, we all love our BBS babies!!

My birthday is next tuesday (8/27) HINT HINT!!!! LOL
J/K