PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give me a Date Nut Roll Recipe that uses marshmallows...

Zenngrl
12-20-2001, 01:23 PM
my grandma used to make this and I haven't been able to find a recipe that includes marshmallows.....the other ingredients I think were, crushed graham crackers, dates, condensed milk......Please if anyone can help I would be soooooo appreciative!!

leslieclaxton2000
12-20-2001, 02:03 PM
You might try checking here.

allrecipies.com

heartlvrs
12-20-2001, 02:21 PM
NO COOKING DATE NUT ROLL

2 c. dates
1/2 c. fruit juice or light cream
1 c. whipped cream
1 c. nuts
1 c. coconut (optional)
2 c. cut up marshmallows
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 lb. crushed graham crackers
pinch of salt

Cut dates into pieces. Mix all ingredients together and form into roll. Wrap
in wax paper and chill in refrigerator for several hours. Cut in slices.
Serve plain, or with
whipped cream

Hope this helps:)

Panty Snatcher
12-20-2001, 03:55 PM
Here's one that sounds good to me!

(Make all of us some of this....Pruddy Pleeeeease!)

Marshmallow Graham Cracker Date Roll:

18 graham crackers-crumbed fine.
1 lb. dates, pitted and cut into small pieces.
16 marshmallows, cut into eighths.
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
3/4 cup milk.
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix crackers, dates, marshmallows, and nuts. Then add milk and vanilla. Then form into 2” rolls, wrap in waxed paper, chill in refrig. To serve, cut cold into slices and top with with a hot lemon sauce. Serves 12.

Lemon Sauce :
1 tablespoon cornstarch.
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar.
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon grated lemon.
nutmeg/ salt

Combine cornstarch, sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice. Boil 5 min. remove from heat. Add butter. Season to taste with nutmeg and salt. Serves 4.

emmiet
12-12-2007, 03:26 AM
I can help you. My grandmother used to make this when I was a child, and I just LOVED it......plus, it's SO easy!

Crush about 30 single squares (approximately 2"x2" size) of graham crackers and set them aside. In a large mixing bowl, cut up 2 cups of pitted dates and 1/2 lb. of large marshmallows (with wet kitchen shears) and about 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts. Mix in 1 cup of whipping cream and 1 tsp of vanilla to moisten it all. Place a piece of waxed paper inside a good-sized cookie pan and pour your crushed graham crumbs on it, spreading them evenly. Then carefully place your date/marshmallow mix on top of them and work it into a roll to coat the outside of the dates and marshmallows. If you have a large quantity of the mix, you can even separate them and have two. To finish, wrap each roll in waxed paper and refrigerate for 6-12 hours.

T-Bone_mom
11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I've been looking for this recipe that my mom use to make when I was a kid.
Thanks for your post.
God Bless You

DrGrin
11-25-2008, 06:51 PM
For once I'm not gonna gripe about an old thread getting bumped. Even if it's 7 years old!! :D

The recipes sound great. Will have to try them this year.