PDA

View Full Version : got a question for ya'll

sweet~n~sassy
12-11-2001, 09:40 PM
ok here goes, i was in the bathroom and i flushed the toilet and stood there and listened to it go glurp glurp glurp for several seconds, and then it burped. has anyone elses toilet done this, or is mine just simply possessed? :confused:

mommyx2
12-11-2001, 09:40 PM
ROFLMAO!! No, I have never had this happen!! :D

michellebuck
12-11-2001, 09:43 PM
Ummmmmm all depends on what you were flushing........LMAO

flute
12-11-2001, 09:47 PM
Yes, constantly.

Is your house old? Do you have clay pipes? If you do, there are probably tree roots growing in it and u needa pay someone about $60 to get rid of 'em and then they come back & u hear the pretty backwash again :) Tho someone informs me there is something u can buy to get rid of the roots, or u can run something under there to get rid of the roots as well....

I would know, we still have about 10-15 feet of clay pipe under the house, after having SOME of them replaced :(:(

sweet~n~sassy
12-11-2001, 09:47 PM
its not the first time it has done this, so i guess it must be some pretty tasty ummmmmm......... (searching for the right word to use here) hehehe nevermind :D

jaybird
12-11-2001, 09:49 PM
~backs right out of this conversation~

mommyx2
12-11-2001, 10:46 PM
Hey Michelle, wil be back on yahoo in about 10 if you read this!! Hubby is sitting here voice chatting, so once he goes to bed I am all yours :p He is giving me that LOOK right now :D

michellebuck
12-11-2001, 10:52 PM
Now Mommy how can I pass up an offer that good. :D

mommyx2
12-11-2001, 10:58 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D

mommyx2
12-11-2001, 11:01 PM
Mystic I am sorry for jumping in the middle of your thread hun!! I jsut seen she was still posting and got excited, lol!! Sorry, I amdone now :D

chort1313
12-11-2001, 11:21 PM
yeah, i hope my toilet doesn't start burping at me! :eek:

flute
12-11-2001, 11:50 PM
I hate the sound chort :( And, the worst thing is, I dont' think I can find a plumbedr willing to crawl under my house to fix it :(:(

Gherky
12-12-2001, 02:15 AM
Wow!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Bubbleslove
12-12-2001, 02:52 AM
I don't know about a burping toilet... but my toilet FARTED. A couple of days later it... nevermind...:D:D:D:D Let's just say, my hubby was VERY BUSY cleaning. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

yotesong
12-12-2001, 04:44 AM
OMG! ROTFL! *eyes watering here*

I'm sorry about laughing. I know it's not good to hear that there might be tree roots in the pipe, it's just the whole concept of a toilet burping! :D I just about died! Bubbleslove, your toilet farting really did it for me too! ROTFL!

flute
08-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Scarlett Rose
its not the first time it has done this, so i guess it must be some pretty tasty ummmmmm.........

MIL informs me if you put about 1 C of Rock Salt in your toilet & flush it about 1x a week, it'll help. I just started this myself! And, it didn't make the backwashy type sound. woohoo! :)

You never answered my q, maybe you thought about it I don't know, but I always try to help & trust me rock salt is a TON cheaper than a plumber!

ahippiechic
08-23-2002, 02:01 PM
LMAO! Now I have to go back in from lunch with watering eyes, 'cuz I've been laughing so hard! :p I'll just explain that the gurgling, burping, farting toilets did it! :D

sweet~n~sassy
08-23-2002, 07:18 PM
OMG I totally forgot about writing this, how funny :)

now to answer your question flute, my house is kinda old but i dont think we have clay pipes, so i dont know. i put some rid-x in the toilet and it seems to have taken care of the problem. i may have to try the rock salt thing and see what that does. thanks :)

flute
08-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Scarlett Rose
OMG I totally forgot about writing this, how funny :)

now to answer your question flute, my house is kinda old but i dont think we have clay pipes, so i dont know.

To clarify, i do not find this funny, and I find it insulting that people do.

I do believe that even if you have pvc pipe & someone's used the wrong glue to hold them together, roots can get in those....
now I could be wrong about that..also zada said something about flushing & putting some Muriatic Acid down ur pipes...

sweet~n~sassy
08-24-2002, 09:40 AM
To clarify, i do not find this funny, and I find it insulting that people do

I dont understand why you would find this insulting. I simply found that fact that this post had not been responded to in 8 months and I totally forgot that I had written it, so when I read it I thought it was actually quite funny and obviously others did too.

flute
08-24-2002, 02:34 PM
Well i wish someone would've told me that.

Remember, sometimes I literally need things written in CRAYON!

And, some people were, and admitted to it, laughing at the sound. I do not find the sound funny either. I find it disgusting. But, then again, I have tree roots in my plumbing. Go ahead & laugh again.